Playing Favorites

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry!" he called. Then to his nieces, "Sorry girls. Forgive me..."

It was the most good clean fun I'd had all day, holding Martin's hand in mine as I gave him one black fingernail with a Christmas tree on it (a collaborative design.) It was a much bigger canvas than the ones I'd been working on, so the details were a little more defined. When I was done, he declared it a work of art, and leaned forward to kiss my lips.

Madison crooned, 'Oooohhhh," in a sing-song voice at the same time as Olivia turned away, saying, "Gross..."

"Gross?" Martin reached an arm out to snag his oldest niece before she could escape. "Gross?" He planted a big kiss on the cheek of the squirming girl, "Who's gross now?"

"Ooohh!!" she protested wriggling away, laughter in her eyes as she made a big show of wiping the kiss off with her hand.

And then it was Chloe's and Madison's turns to be grabbed and kissed, and I could see that all of them felt so loved and secure that I felt the tiniest pang of jealousy. My childhood had been sooo different from what these girls were experiencing - I'd never had an uncle who would tease me, or hang me upside down from my ankles, or build my self-esteem. I was glad for them. Maybe they'd turn out a little less screwed up than I was.

And then, the most wonderful thing happened. Jennifer announced that spa time was over, and they were ALL going to be taking naps that afternoon, including mom and dad. Olivia protested that she was too old, but that argument was squashed, and by 2:45, the entire Reynolds family had disappeared upstairs.

I closed my eyes and leaned back against the couch. "Does this mean we can take a nap too? Because I am exhausted. I never realized how tiring it was to be around small children..."

Martin laughed. "Yeah, I know, right?" And he held out his hand to me, "Come on..."

Davis' office was tucked behind the garage, looking out over the back yard. In addition to an impressive looking desk and club chairs across from it, off to one side there was a leather sofa. It was still made up for sleeping, with sheets, blanket and pillow. "This is usually where I sleep when I come to visit," Martin explained. "It's pretty comfortable, if you want to try it out..."

And so I did, stretching out and resting my head against the pillow that still carried the faint scent of his cologne. "Mmm... yeah. This feels pretty good..." I patted the space beside me in silent invitation.

In what I'd come to know as classic Martin style, he first crossed the room to close the blinds, and then methodically emptied his pockets of keys, wallet and cell phone before taking his glasses off and putting them on the desk. "You're watching me..." he commented at one point.

"I like watching you..." I replied simply.

"Why?" he asked, lowering himself beside me and sliding one arm beneath my neck.

"Because you're sexy as hell..." I stroked my fingers across the stubble on his chin, unable to resist.

An eyebrow arched in disbelief, "Really..."

"Yes, really..." I traced my finger over that skeptical eyebrow. "Why do you think I've been throwing myself at you for the past six weeks?"

He laughed at that, "I wish! You've maybe been throwing yourself at me for twelve hours..."

Okay, so he was right about that. I had managed to coax a few hot kisses out of him after gifts were opened, when we took the trash out to the bin. I had to thank him properly for the fitness tracker he'd given me, didn't I? And I would have been totally fine with him doing me against the outside wall of the garage, but he exercised a frustrating amount of good judgment and more restraint than most men. "You are very good at resisting temptation..." I acknowledged. "Some might even call you a saint..."

"Are you talking about that action in the laundry room earlier?"

Ah yes, the laundry room. How could I forget? I had offered to wash the table linens for Jennifer, and Martin agreed to show me how the machine worked. Once the load was running, I thanked him for his help with the kind of smooch that really gets the heart racing. He ended up kicking the door shut, and we indulged in a brief, yet somewhat satisfying grope session... that is, until Madison started banging on the door.

"Actually I wasn't referring to that..." I admitted. "But now that you bring it up, we did sorta start something there, didn't we?"

He grinned and pulled me tight against him, "Yeah... I wonder what would have happened if Maddie hadn't interrupted us?"

"Hmmm...I wonder..." and I brushed my lips against his, teasingly. "I am betting some clothes might have started to come off..."

His free hand found my ass and squeezed suggestively as he kissed me back, tugging on my lower lip with his teeth. "Yeah? And then what?"

Our mouths met again, and the sweet flirtation of a moment earlier became a little rougher, and a whole lot needier. When we surfaced for air, I answered his question breathlessly, "I would probably have gone down on you..."

For some reason, that shocked him a bit. "Christ, Linds..." Then, as if he didn't dare believe it, "Really?"

In an effort to assure him that I was indeed serious, I stroked my hand across the solid ridge in his jeans, "Yeah, really..."

"Fuck..."

"Or maybe we would have done that..." I conceded, sliding my fingers lower to press against the softness of his balls.

His hand covered mine suddenly, pressing it firmly against his crotch for a moment, before carrying my offending appendage away to rest on the neutral ground of his ribcage. "Sweetheart, that feels way too good for you to do any more of that..."

"I want you to feel good, though..." I murmured, feeling slightly rejected.

"I thought you wanted to take a nap..." he teased.

Somehow, I'd forgotten that I was tired. "I do...but, like...after..."

"...After...?" he asked, his eyes alight with mischief. Jesus, but I liked him!

"You know...after you tear off all my clothes and ravish me..."

"Ah..." the corners of his mouth quirked upwards as he shifted my body against him slightly so that he could settle one of his thighs between mine. "I was kinda planning on saving that until tonight, back at my place. Do you think your cats can survive without you one more night?"

Cats? What cats? The pressure against my core felt really good and I was having a difficult time remembering that I had an animal family to consider. Luckily, cats and snakes were pretty damn self-sufficient. "They'll be fine... but, I mean just because you're planning on later doesn't necessarily rule out now as well, does it? Unless you're too old to manage twice in one day?" I finished wickedly.

Martin laughed out loud at that, "How old do you think I am, anyway?"

"I don't know..." I just couldn't resist adding, "But I've heard that a man's sexual prime is around eighteen, and I'm pretty sure you're well beyond that..."

Shaking his head, he corrected me, "Flawed data... More recent studies suggest that it's really in their early 30's, and - wouldn't you know it - I happen to be 33. So, no worries on that front!"

Lord, he was fun to mess with! I just had to kiss him. "All this talk about data, and studies... very hot!"

"Right..." he rolled his eyes.

"No...really..." I kissed him again, my hands cradling his cheeks this time. "Your brains are one of the sexiest things about you..."

And then we didn't talk for a while. There was a tinge of gratitude in Martin's kiss, and that tugged at my heart strings. It was almost beyond my comprehension that someone as "together" as he was, with so much going for him, would need any sort of reassurance. But he did.

"I've never met anyone like you before, Linds," his eyes conveyed sincerity just as much as his words as he brushed my hair back from my face. "You...well, you challenge me. And it scares me a little, but I like it..."

I nodded, understanding. My bravado was mostly a front; in many respects he - this - scared the shit out of me.

"And I really like the way you kiss..."

That got a smile out of me. "Yeah?" and I pressed my lips to his softly. "Well, I really like the way you kiss too. Like I don't even want to come up for air..."

"Breathing is so overrated," he agreed, kissing me back, his tongue taking a playful swipe at my upper lip. "It just gets in the way of the fun stuff..."

"Yep..." I closed my eyes for a moment and leaned my forehead against his, trying to manage my expectations. Whereas I'd originally thought 'nap time' meant I was going to get laid for the first time in six months, I was coming to realize that probably wasn't going to happen. And I was mostly okay with that, because this was cool too - just lying together, talking, kissing, playing...

Martin was a master at winding me up, then backing off. At first, I'd found it frustrating, but I was beginning to understand the method to his madness. I was in a perpetual state of arousal. I knew another kiss would be coming...another touch... And his sweet words in between the kisses and caresses told me I meant something to him. I wasn't just a pretty face or an easy fuck to him, and that made me want him even more.

The minutes ticked by...those precious few moments of privacy before the household awoke again. Martin's lips were on my earlobe and shivers of delight were coursing down my spine. I had managed to get him out of his shirt, and the feel of those smooth, hard muscles beneath my fingertips did nothing to cool my engines as he worked his way down my neck, past my collarbone, nibbling and licking along the way.

My senses were on high alert as he unbuttoned enough of my blouse to kiss the curve of my breast. "I'm glad you never got implants, Linds..." As if to punctuate his words, he ran the backs of his fingers across my anxious, yet still fully clothed, nipple.

I arched against him, sighing, "Really?" Damn, that felt good!

He cupped me then, squeezing as he rolled the peak between his thumb and forefinger. "Yeah really... You're perfect just like this..."

I almost couldn't breathe, and I instinctively ground down against his thigh, which was still - thankfully - wedged between my legs.

"Your skin is so soft..." he continued, his fingers sliding inside my bra to explore further. His touch enflamed me, and I could not suppress a strangled moan when he gently twisted my nipple.

More... I wanted more - needed more - and Martin suddenly seemed to get that. Or maybe he needed more too... He managed to undo the rest of the buttons on my blouse and slide my bra strap far enough down my shoulder to bare my breast.

There were no more words. No more preamble. His mouth just closed over one nipple, and I thought I was going to expire from the pleasure. The gentle suction and rasp of his tongue drew a moan from my throat, and I rocked my hips against him again. He suckled a bit harder, and I gasped at the sweet pain, my fingers flexing against his shoulders, my nails digging into his skin.

He switched breasts then, and one of his hands got really friendly with my ass, urging me into a rhythm against his thigh. It finally occurred to me that he wanted me to get off, that it was okay... maybe more than okay...

Khan had never done that - in eight years, never made sure I came if he wasn't going to as well. But this man, Martin, was nothing like my ex. Nothing! And I could feel the hardness of his cock every time I moved against him, so I knew he wanted me...

I was getting close, and his mouth found mine once again, his kisses hard and hot as he pressed me down into the couch. My bare breasts were pressed tight against his chest, deliciously abraded by his chest hair every time we moved, the tension ratcheting ever higher. And then, there it was...finally... sweet release...and my thighs clamped around his like a vise as I rode the wave, my cries muffled by his lips.

My pulse pounded loudly in my ears, as I came back down to earth. Lord, I was hot...

Martin kissed the top of my head and stroked the damp hair away from my temples, "You like that?"

I chuckled breathlessly, "Umm...yeah. A little..."

He reached for my left wrist and glanced at my new tracker. "What's your heartrate like now?" He pressed a button, "Jeez Linds...130?"

I had to read it myself to believe it. "Wow - you're just that good, I guess!" Then, remembering my manners, I slid a hand slowly down over his chest and abs to hook into his waistband, "Now let me return the favor..."

But he just shook his head, "Nah...later, okay?"

My hand slipped lower, teasing his cock - just a little - through his jeans, "You sure? 'Cause you feel like you want to be taken care of..." I finished with a grin.

This time, he removed my hand and held it securely against his chest, kissing me once, hard. "I am starting to think you are a whole heap of trouble, Linds..."

"Not really..." I settled my head into the crook of his neck. "Once you get used to me, you might grow to even like me..."

"Oh, I like you," he assured me, his lips in my hair. "Have no fear..."

I smiled, smoothing my fingers out over his chest. "Whew! I was worried!"

Martin laughed at that, "Right!"

A yawn overtook me suddenly, and I admitted, "I think I'm ready for my nap now..."

"I'll bet you are..."

*****

A universal truth - at least in my world - is that naps are never long enough. In the warmth and comfort of Martin's arms, I dozed for maybe twenty minutes before the girls woke us, knocking on the office door and calling our names. Ugh...

I didn't want to wake up, but I was persuaded by a sexy, deep voice murmuring sweet words in my ear. His hands stroked me from shoulder to knee, effectively rousing me, and he reminded me that after dinner we were going back to his place to wrap up some unfinished business. Like I could possibly forget! But I really liked the way he reminded me...

Jennifer ordered Christmas dinner from a great little Chinese place around the corner. The kids were bubbly and sweet once again after their rest, and I enjoyed myself at dinner. Madison even climbed up on my lap after we were done eating so that she could tell me a story she made up about a prince and princess. Not too surprisingly, the little romantic's main characters sounded an awful lot like Martin and me!

It was going on 8:00pm before we managed to escape. I was almost sorry to go. I really did have a wonderful time with Martin's family. Between Jennifer's camaraderie, Davis' hospitality, and the undeniable cuteness of the girls, it had gone so much better than I expected. Of course, it made a difference that Martin and I had turned a corner in our friendship. Instead of 'friend', I was ultimately treated as 'girlfriend', and that was completely different.

But I was still glad to be going. As Martin was wrapping his new monogrammed cashmere scarf around his neck (Merry Christmas from me), Jennifer and I talked about getting together again 'soon.' I would have loved to get something on the calendar right then, but it seemed like something that might take a while, and just then, I was unwilling to spend the time to do so. Not then. Not when I was so close to some alone time with the tall hunk of man who was currently being mobbed by three little girls.

Hugs all around...a few more kisses...and we were free! The air was crisp - cold for December in Texas - but we took our time, walking hand-in-hand to the idling car.

"You survived..." Martin smiled, opening the passenger door for me.

I laughed, lowering myself to the seat, "It was close, but yeah..."

Once he joined me inside the car, he asked, "You ready for some adult time?"

Grinning, I asked, "What does 'adult' mean? Like 'adult beverages', 'adult movies' kind of adult? Wait, it doesn't really matter, because the answer is still yes!"

We had a thirty-minute drive ahead of us, so we started talking about safer topics than 'adult' activities. Like isn't it a shame how commercial Christmas has become, and gun control. Diverse conversation was just one of the many reasons I liked this guy.

As we drove, I caught up with the world on my phone, checking texts and posts, and sharing anything noteworthy with Martin. There was a text from Eve, asking how Christmas with the Reynolds had gone. I sent her a selfie I'd taken with Martin and the girls and told her it had been a lot of fun and they'd made me feel at home. I didn't tell her about the change in Martin's and my relationship status, thinking that it was probably best to keep that under wraps until I felt a little more secure in the situation.

Not that Martin had done anything to make me feel insecure, exactly. I just had this sneaking suspicion that he might be a little more traditional than I was - not that there was anything wrong with that - but I was worried that he wouldn't like being with a woman who was a little...I don't know...less inhibited?

Perhaps I was misreading him again. Time would tell. But it was probably a good idea to lower my expectations, just in case this relationship never quite got off the ground.

I was really good at that - telling myself not to expect much in order to avoid disappointment. Occasionally, my heart would forget about that, and start galloping ahead excitedly. But then, good sense would prevail, and I would dial it back. Better to be pleasantly surprised by something good than be let down by that thing you were so sure of.

And I had been galloping for the past 24 hours. Time for a reality check.

Olivia was right - Martin's house was a little on the small side but, since he didn't have three growing girls, it wasn't a problem. His dining room table was stacked high with papers - final exams he had to finish grading, apparently - but the first thing he did was turn on the Christmas tree and start some music playing.

He'd explained it to me a few weeks ago - how everything could feel like total shit in his life but when he looked at Christmas lights, it all seemed better. I was glad he was that sort of person, instead of one who got even more depressed...

I guess I'd gotten a little quiet towards the end of our car ride, because Martin asked me if everything was okay. We were in the kitchen and he was putting away leftovers that Jennifer had made him take while I opened a bottle of wine.

My automatic reply was that everything was fine. It really was. Maybe I was just nervous about spending the night with him. I mean, not the sex part - hell, I was ready for that hours ago - but more the emotional part. Because there would be emotions involved, I had no doubt.

But instead of giving voice to my insecurities, I handed him a glass and flashed a smile. "Nothing that a little vino won't fix..."

We both took a sip - well, mine was more like a gulp - and then he took my hand and led me back to the living room, and that mood-altering Christmas tree. The smooth sounds of Tony Bennett crooning, 'Baby, it's cold outside...' played in the background, and I smiled at the choice of music as Martin pulled me down on the couch beside him.

His arm was wrapped around my shoulders, and I leaned my head into the crook of his neck and breathed in. His scent was...sooo...fucking...sexy... I really didn't want to move. I took another sip of wine and breathed in again. "God, you smell good..."

He laughed at that, "I've missed you Linds..."

"Really?" It was kind of a weird statement, considering I'd been with him all along. "What have you missed?"

"I've missed you saying whatever is on your mind..."

Ha! That was pretty damn funny! Did he think I was giving voice to HALF of the things that ran through my mind? Of course, my wine glass was almost empty now, so it was more likely that he'd start hearing a few more of my thoughts...

"As I recall, I tend to shock you when I lose my filter..." I answered sensibly, draining my glass and reaching over him to set it on the end table. And then, since I was already half-way on top of him, I decided to change positions altogether and straddled him so that I could look in his face while we talked.