All Comments on 'Playing with Matches'

by Schenkkan

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
BS

This wasn't about sex, but about psychopathy which for the layperson is a mind sickness. It borders on wanting to prove that homosexuals are normal compared to straight people when gays tell us there is no comparisson to the absolute disregard for a husband and his family's welfare.....not for lust or sex, but for a misery loves company.

Why if a straight guy and all straight people are just waiting to be turned then obviously nature in using men and women to create the next generation is all wrong. Surely we can see that a gay is right in this and generations of nature is wrong.

This story only is a scab on a sore which sick people keep picking at. Sex is a choice and you chose to be gay just like straight people choose to be straight in sex. Deal with your demons as stories which have people engaging in sex they are not choosing to is plain rape of a soul.

There is nothing erotic about that.

fukmi_allnitefukmi_allniteover 12 years ago
It started off slow

Got hot in the middle, then took a sharp turn to "ignant" that's Bama for ignorant, and ended up hot, don't know how you did it,but you managed to pull it off.

Notime4thinkingNotime4thinkingabout 8 years ago
Everything in moderation.

Wow. What sex there was here was . . . okay. But it suffered from the same thing that afflicted the entire story, which was waaaaaaaay too much description. It got to the point where I wasn't sure if some of the similes were intentionally bad or not. If so, kudos. You're legitimately hilarious. If not, you really need to work on those. There's some distracting fixation of fabrics here too. Sure, it's technically very descriptive, but it's details most people don't care about, and when everything made of cotton is described as "<noun> of cotton," insured of just "cotton <noun>" it gets . . . odd.

I loved the psychological dynamics of Cole's spiral into lust. Ryan(?) could have been less militant about his bi/poly political agenda, but maybe it makes sense that he's with Jennifer that way.

Anyway, I really liked the story arch, but sometimes the attempts to sound literary got in the way of the story instead of helping it unfold.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous