All Comments on 'Please Understand Me'

by Mordant96

Sort by:
  • 151 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sorry...

I got about as far as him hugging his wife when she came back. Army Rangers, bullshit. Try writing something more down to earth. I never got to the psychological part because his reaction to her coming home was completely unrealistic. He's a Ranger. Why wouldn't he pull the asshole out of the car when he was standing there listening to the guy say he was going to jump her bones. The first 3/4 of the first page made so little sense I couldn't go on. I didn't grade it because I didn't finish it but based on what I did read, I would have given you 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LOL!

Badly written. I'll help you out "personality 1" a whore." Personality 2" a whore. Simply a whore wife found out to be such so played the victim to keep from getting divorced. A dumb husband fell for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Cuck Trash

I couldn't get past the hug when she returned. Stopped reading, skipped to the end, gave it one star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
i may have missed it but where is the medical testing for STDs and HIV for both of them

to much macho and to little real life here. She willingly went with him again. Mental or not, split personality or not, she chose to betray her husband. Drugged or not everyone has a chance to draw a line in the sand. She didn't, this is RAAC to the extreme.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
WHEN YOU FUCK WITH THE SP F

dont expect what is to come. HaHa. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
sorry

Just to unrealistic.

Page 1,No military husband would stand in the driveway and do nothing when the guy turns up in his Porsche.

And his reaction to her homecoming and her obvious i.q. of 5 were enough for me to stop reading.

like a previous comment i will not rate it as i did not finish it.

the writing was ok just please try for realistic characters

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
Waterboarding

Now for the hard one. Do you support waterboarding terrorists? Think hard before answering.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dear Lord

What a lazy mess.

Former special ops, split personality, sisal rope, roofies... I was shocked you forgot the kitchen sink.

I guess the only thing that made me smile was imagining the husband and wife having a nice dinner out while whining about the president using executive powers to bypass congress. The nerve of the Kenyan, right?

Although you have to admit that when push came to shove, the husband did the same thing, bypassing the legal system and exercising his own form of executive power.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 8 years ago
Strange story

If this had been written in about two pages it might have been one of the best. As is it is bloated, and to the left of silly. Inserting half a page of DSM IV reached a low point of why bother and then went south. There were compelling segments to the story and I kept reading but at end point I knew author had spread his bullshit really thick over the barn yard.

Just and opinion of one, mine may not be yours at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Please...

In six months of her being a submissive he didn't see a mark on her body??

Perhaps this was her first time being beaten?? Don't think so. This is In my oppinion a serious logical flaw.

CuzzinEddieCuzzinEddieover 8 years ago
Diabolical

I'm always glad to see the word "diabolical" in a story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Omg

Can't a wife just explore her kinky side with her younger lover without her motivation being tied to an unlikely story involving roofies, videotape, blackmail and split personalities?

Laughably, the author specifically decries the normal bullshit revenge stories on Literotica, but then creates their own fantastical version of same, except with the minor point that the husband doesn't blame the wife.

Not sure what the point is to this story - presumably is is for all the "Hostel" fans out there who get off on homo-erotic torture porn. Admittedly, I skipped over whole pages, so I may have missed the delicate subtleties hidden within the fragrant text.

This story exemplifies the stultifying drivel that has come to typify Literotica over the past few years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm sorry to say this but,

This is without a doubt the worse piece of crap ever published on this site. From the husband just standing there watching his wife just take off with some guy for a few days who tells her when they're pulling away how he's going to jump her bones, to welcoming her back with open arms and a "fried chicken and waffles" celebration while she explains how she'd been part of an S/M orgy while gone and how she'd been a psycho participate for some time, to cuddling her crazy ass without even thinking about disease, to NOT calling the police (this rapist can't dominate her from the pen), to getting virtually everyone's complicity in the guy's homicide (including the police), to the insane wife who cannot control her mind but being actually a remarkable genius getting her Ph.D. at MIT next year!!

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
For Free

We read amateur writers for free so I see no need for insulting remarks, criticism helps a writer to improve. This is difficult because it was bitter sweet, started well but I wonder if anyone whatever their training would be that calm and rational, dealing with strangers in a war situation must be very different to dealing with an unknown threat to a loved one because it is personal. Yes he did shed a tier but there was not enough emotion therefore it lacked drama, very interesting about her personality but in some ways it was a documentary and story in one. Overall I enjoyed the read and keep writing, thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
i'm not sorry to say it

this was horrible it must have been written as a joke nobody can be thisstupid to submit something this bad and as far as fifteen16 goes grow up.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
I Quit Reading

I quit reading when I got to the old "I was drugged and blackmailed" excuse.

Even if, as apparently it is here, it is true, I don't like wives who don't trust their husbands enough to tell them what happened.

Even if the worst happens and her husband DOESN'T believe her and leaves her, at least she's been honest and is out from under the blackmailers.

looking4itlooking4itover 8 years ago

So, "coming home early...blah, blah, blah" is over done but drugged wife and blackmail video isn't? Not to mention special forces with contacts in just the right places to get away with it. Oh yeah, abused as a child was the icing that no one has used either. Sorry, but I didn't buy it. Regardless of all she went through the one point you glossed over is trust. She didn't trust him enough to understand she was set up. That should have been the focal point of the betrayal. And in the long run that is what it was, a betrayal. The moment she went back of her own volition it should have ended if not at least damaged the marriage but you didn't want to go that so you cut and paste some psychobabble article to try and give your point and story credibility. Fail. That simply made it boring. And ultimately, the real culprit (Wanda) gets away scott free because wifey can't come to grips with revenge. Ummmm, can you say not cured yet? The absurdity of the statement that this would be something new made it a weak read.

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
Anonymous

Looks like I rattled an anonymous commentators cage, I like it, all good fun .

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good story line bad follow through

It had a lot of good concepts but was poorly executed. Try again and mark this one off to experience. A poor one.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 8 years ago
hummmmmmm

I don't this is anything left to say

mike9698mike9698over 8 years ago
1 *

i couldnt make it past the 2nd page. what a load of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Vocabulary, Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling were Way Above Average

Which is a good start!

Wittingly or not, you certainly did a number on US military conservatives-they can't all be this stupid.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
The plot wasn't bad, but...

Well written, the plot wasn't bad, but the story have a weak point: The first time she was blackmailed she wasn't yet under the influence of her two distint personalities, nor under the lover's influence...so why didn't she confessed to her husband she was drugged, filmed and blackmailed? That was the main question on this story, never answered, and her husband never wanting to know the answer...For this, just 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well I liked the other authers story better

One page of story and 5pages of you trying to sound smart shame on you! I get that a story can spark other storys. But you didnt sell this as yours . you didnt change much but the names you spent too much time on setup and left out most of the cabin scene from the other authers story .You need to stop trying to be special forces you failed .Next time write your own story.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
Good story keep writing and drive dear annony nuts

Oh wait he she it. IT already is fuck nuts. His wife will tell you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lousy story, I gave it a 1

to offset the worthless and meaningless score of bonnietaylor2, alias vastiesmith2. That cunt wouldn't know good erotica if it bit her in the "ass".

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow, terrible writing

Sentence structure is torturous and makes reading difficult. Vocabulary was poorly chosen, almost like you used a dictionary to throw in a big word now and then to sound smart. They stood out like sore thumbs and the awkwardness kept the story from flowing smoothly.

You said this was 100% fiction, but seriously a 2 year tour in a combat zone? Unheard of. What the heck is a LCOL? Maybe you meant a LTC (Lieutenant Colonel). What the heck is a marine doing fighting with an army SF LT? There is no such thing as a marine SFC, but they do have GunrySgts. That is all I have as I couldn't get myself to read any more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
How many tropes can this possibly hold?

From SOF trained hubby and crew to drugged wife to sudden incipient submissive tendencies... too many stereotypes crammed into one story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
fuck u

Waste of time stopped halfway through sucked ass...ps the husband was a cockhold

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Couldn't get past page 2.

This had to be one of the worst submissions on LW. He should have just found them all, wife included, killed everyone of them. Usually don't comment before I finish the story but this is as bad as one of edrider's tales and I don't want to get pulled into something like that again. One time is enough. I guess there is a market for this type of thing but a wife going back to that shit after the first time and probably really liking it is just not acceptable, either in a story or in real life.

Besides, the writing is stilted and boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You begin the story in the first person.

That means that "I" am telling the story. Then it becomes a narrative about Jake and it just bounces all over hell.

mony50usmony50usover 8 years ago
not my cup of tea

as always, i suggest that you find a good editor. this story did not seem to be in a realm of believable. keep working on it and you will only continue to improve. don't listen to the anonymous assholes who only want to ride you down.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
Not usually my cup of tea, but I read this story with interest

And I look forward to your future writing.

john1946john1946over 8 years ago
Not quite

A good premise left a lot of opportunity for a good story. Unfortunately, you rapidly lost my interest. You have a good talent, just needs to be refined. I did skip to the end and saw the retribution. That was good, but why did he just let her go off? Especially with all the resources. No vote this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

sucks!

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 8 years ago
Lacks Refinement

You need an editor. I'm available. Although an Annapolis man, Class of '71, I didn't become an officer but have 21 yrs of Naval service. So I appreciate your exposition in Norfolk & around DC. I haven't read your first piece but I will. Keep writing but get some help if not me then someone who will appeal.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 8 years ago
Response to Anonymous 8/26 About LCOL

LCOL is the right abbreviation for a Marine Lt Colonel. Maybe your experience is with another component like Army where they use LTC

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 8 years ago
LtCol

According to www.military.com the correct abbreviation for a Marine Corps O5 is LtCol. Having been Army I have no personal knowledge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LCol vs LtCol

Having been one myself, LtCol is the correct abbreviation for a Marine Corps lieutenant colonel. But I've seen much more serious errors from people who have paid detail people, e.g. movie directors. This is a free site, so I'm more concerned about how compelling the story is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WINNER!

This is the most clichéd story ever! And it's boring too. Quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice story

Okay there all you Light Cornels, worrying about the abbreviation of your rank, I was a USAF E-4 Buck Sgt and we abbreviate that as BS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Chilled Cabernet Sauvignon ?!

Disgusting.

C_frommnC_frommnover 8 years ago
Wanda & Barry

You should do a story on them and how they React.

After hearing of their friend cutting his "dick" off.

are they stupid enough to try to go back or scared enough to get out of Dodge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
what about her "bad personality "how did she get rid of that?

Keep writing.

EddboyEddboyover 8 years ago
similar stories

have been done before and you certaintly followed the theme of the hubby being ex armed forces with connects

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
Started so promisingly

but the conclusion was dry and boring. All the details of the torture were a bit much, and no emotional tie in for the reader. I like the story, just didnt love it.

LIked your first story better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wanda and Barry Are The Wilde Card

They were there, they know what Karen did, and they also know she has the sub proclivity. They may even have their own videos. So why not try to exploit her again? She is possessed by a mental flaw that I did not see cured, merely sidetracked by the death of her master. How can he be sure another more clever master does not enter her life? If he has children with this woman he's as crazy as she is!

So, a weak plot, and a very contrived resolution. But thanks for trying.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 8 years ago
Lots of errors, not a lot of originality

Example -- "peace of mind" means calming one's mind, setting it at peace. "Piece of mind" means giving one's opinion, usually in an angry or stern manner. Early in the story, the latter was used but based on the context, the first was actually correct. Another error, this time in concept. One cannot go to graduate school at Caltech or MIT (or Stanford) 15 years after doing an undergraduate art history major to then get a Ph.D. in astrophysics. One has to know advanced calculus, quantum mechanics, and lots more math and physics (takes 3-4 years), then pass a graduate records examination, etc. before doing an advanced degree in the field of physics. The story was not erotic and the plot, well, others have used zip ties on the bad guy's junk to kill it, while disguising their identities, in at least one story I've seen on this site, so it's not totally original. Despite these and other criticisms, good effort so three stars. Please keep trying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Academic and narrative mistakes

Second @Vulcan_in_Ohio. A person who knows only art history academically can't go to graduate school in astrophysics or organic chemistry, no matter how smart she is. She will have to start with basic undergraduate physics or chemistry courses.

Try really hard not to switch back and forth between first person (I did this) and third person (Jake did that). It interrupts the flow of the narrative. Read the story over before you submit, and be sure you didn't do that.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 8 years ago
Really?...

... So far fetched on so many levels. At least, you didn't try to say that this story was, in any way, based on real events. That would've made you a liar as well as a bad writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Boring

Author put me to sleep. Way too long, very predictable ending, I jumped from page four to page six.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another Navy Seal reeks havoc on the unsuspecting

Or an Army Ranger. Or a super secret spy. This story line has been done to death as have the other storylines you suggested in your prologue. It had a couple of interesting parts, but overall it read like a comic book. Over wrought, over done and very little that was either clever or entertaining. Maybe a great editor could have saved it, but as it sits it was simply too long and no fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Civilians shouldn't try to write military stories

Not without committing to doing a TON of research. You embarrass yourself terribly. But then, you were bound (see what I did there?) and determined to do that anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Critics

Well you got lots of "feedback". General plot was ok, but the long quote of a medical text was uneccessary. Wanda and Barry need some real retribution too, not enough character developmrnt there. Selling Wanda to a Mexican drug cartel for "use" would be appropriate. Trouble is that wouldn't be punishment for her. Barry seems to be of the same mold as Victor.

KristieBechirKristieBechirover 8 years ago
Too much switching from first person

to third person narrative. You can't have Jake tell the story and then have sentences like, "Jake decided.." or "Jake knew.."

Also, should have been no more than 3-4 pages.

SigintSigintover 8 years ago
Hoisted On Your Own Petard

In your other story, you went in the comments and told your best story yet, about having spent 36 years, USN. Yet a Navy captain believes the Marine Corps has sergeants first class?

Uh, no. No more than a commissioned officer can get into Army SF prior to making captain.

False valor is for turds.

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 8 years ago
A couple of things really bothered me

The first issue for me came when she was obviously trying to get him out of the house before her lover got there. Even considering going golfing was just stupid. I was never in the military, let alone special services. I am a rural guy. I own firearms and like almost all American rural people, I am willing and able to use them. Neither Victor or his Porshe would have made it out my driveway. Karen would have wished she had. I would have had the whole story right now and this idiot tale would be one page long. Psychobabble is just that. People cannot even be hypnotized without their mental acceptance. Slut whores are that way because they want to be. If she was drugged, raped, abused or blackmailed the police and her husband should have been her first two phone calls. If I had been in the military, I would consider myself insulted to be portrayed as such a gullible cuckold. I think this character talks and thinks too much about being a badass instead of just being one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
-5 stars

the beginning was good until you went to karen having 2 persona's and the killing and getting away with it you could see the whriter had no motivation for this story and he gives military personnel a bad name

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Long and boring

This story was far too long and boring to read all the way through. I gave up and gave it a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ph.D. at MIT next year?

not enough time to do that

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
what a poor story, just did not add up

after the first rape ,she should have told her husband. the blackmail was hog wash. and STDs, he was screwing his whore of a wife . what a bunch of physic mumble jumble. not a believable story at all. it just did not work well.

BigK10BigK10over 8 years ago
Ok, so Karen was the victum here,

but Jake was far too quick to forgive and understand. It was as if he WANTED any little excuse to forgive her. Granted, in this case she deserved forgiveness, but he was way to quick on the trigger to seem realistic. I will give you the point that he loves her so much that he's willing to keep an open mind, but when she blatantly tells hubby that she "has to go with him," she has disrespected him and their marriage. I concede the blackmail, but her cold expression to him left me feeling that it was just wrong. She is also flip-flopping too quickly between personalities. (persona A calling Victor a bastard, and in the next sentence, persona B saying she "has to go"). Some of the conflict of the story (and a great subplot) could've been Jake's inner struggle to forgive, while trying to support her per instructions of the good Dr.

The story would have flowed a lot better without all the psycho-babble. Truthfully, I skipped a bunch of it. You are the author, the reader can just accept your diagnosis without fully explaining and defining it. I also think you spent too much time foreshadowing the torture scene, taking away from its impact, and slowing the story.

Although an IQ of 140 is exceptional, (in the top 3%, not .3%) she is not in the range with Einstein and Hawking, as they are both considered to be well over 160. Sorry, to nitpick this one, but I found this out with less than 30 seconds of research.

I feel this could've been a very great story. I may sound like I just shredded your story to pieces, however, this could be re-written and something wonderful could emerge. Best of luck...4 stars.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 8 years ago
Comic book superhero

So over the top. Endless string of people better than himself to help him. Glad he learned how to tourture in Bush's army, even though hubby didn't do all that much.

Seriously, you did some research, that's good, but skip the politics unless essential to the story, why piss off half the readers. Real people are vulnerable, make poor decisions, are wracked with anxiety, fear and indicison as they muddle through. It's the difference between real people and Batman. It is often the struggle to succeed that s interesting, success without struggle is full.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Over the top but fascinating read

Congrats. Good story. Four out of five. What I really liked about this story the most is the husband kept his head when faced with an inexplicable situation like his wife running off with another man. Instead he brought his intellect to bear on the problem and tried to solve it.

I like the little pokes he made at LW tropes like turning off the cell phone, running away, and getting drunk. That was very meta. I also liked everything in the plot about her split personality. I also liked very much their dialogue together.

Yes, the revenge was over the top. Yes, the army specialist revenge thing is over done. Yes, the POV switched back and forth between first person and third person. For a smart man and woman they didn't do testing for STDs. I would have liked to have seen him agonize over whether she was playing him for a chump or telling the truth. Like arms treaties i think he would want to trust but verify. But overall it all had a kind of crazy energy. I intend to read the author's other story and hope he writes more in the future. Cheers Steve

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 8 years ago
100% Bovine Excrement

There is NO WAY that any member of any DoD special forces unit (Navy SEALS, Army Rangers, Air Force Special Tactics, Marine Special Operations Command) would let his wife go off with a POS for three minutes, not to mention three days. If you want to write a believable story, you have to start with a believable premise.

And, to make matters worse, Jake calls on another vet who is a cop; his response is equally ridiculous. "Yep, drug dealer, sexual predator, and he has taken your wife against her will and without your permission? OK, have a nice day," is equally beyond belief. You want retribution? Have your lead character saddle up after his cop buddy locates the cheater's car.

Tear him a new one then tear him to pieces THAT NIGHT, not days later. And yeah, shock-treat your cheating wife by letting her watch, not days later after she returns, ripped to pieces like a third-world slave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
geography

I believe that the ODU campus is located on Hampton Blvd., NOT Granby St.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice until...

...the ending. I really wanted to see what they had in store for Wanda and Berry. LOL

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 8 years ago
Holes in Plot

I see a significant issue with the plot that left me scratching my head through the entire story. A happily married woman goes to a restaurant to meet an old college girlfriend and is basically presented with a blind date scenario. This was even reinforced by the girlfriend telling her which one of the guys was hers.

Why would this married woman even stay? Why would she not just inform her friend that they can meet again some other time when she is not busy and leave? Given that she did stay, why was that not a bone of contention for her husband?

Furthermore, when she finally had enough of Victor's unwanted attention and was going to leave, she allowed her friend to talk her into going back to the table. Why would she do that? She should have been angry with her friend for setting her up with the slug. Did she really need to have her friend walk her to her car? This was another point in the story I found confusing.

Mordant96Mordant96over 8 years agoAuthor
Irony

I wish to thank those eight authors for their constructive criticism. The other 69 commenters who have not submitted any of their work, you have no standing to criticize mine.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
But you're qwrong aain asshole of Lit. I have written stories

under a different name. So eat it queer breath!!! gave you a 5 to help your score from the asshole of lit's 1

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So Only Authors Can Comment?

Good Luck with that and BTW get back on your meds

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
well that's a great idea asshole of LIT. Only writers

those who post a REAL e mail should be allowed to comment and vote. Assholes like you dear annony should be banned for this sit altogether. God you are af ucking fag!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You're an author bonny/vasty?

Not possible. You lie. No author would make comments like yours, if they're worth their salt. Why don't you enlighten us of what you've written. Pure trash, if anything at all.

I can't believe this authors words. Only other authors are allowed to comment? Why don't you do us all a favor, shut off the feedback and the voting, therefore nobody has to bother you. You can bask in the glory of your own words, since nobody will agree or disagree with you.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
Absolute Crap

The doc needs to be put away before he kills even more with his twisted approach to psychology. He is as bad or worse than Victor.

Sound psychological principles? bunk.

You, author need to get to the VA and have them commit you for the rest of your life.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
Good rwead and you pissed off the asshole of LIT

for that you get a 5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love the fags

Commenting on another fags story

Vito1960Vito1960over 8 years ago
Great read

This is something I would gladly do if anyone hurt my wife! Although I might be inclined to run the bastard through a wood chipper down by "back bay" ! Great story!!!

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 8 years ago
Non-formulaic?

Your version of come home early was to have him be unable to play golf while wife drives off with lover. Why not stop her leaving with his batman skills?

And how many times has the former navy seal/marine taken vengeance on the perpetrators.

Sorry but not overly original.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

fag cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
"The premise of this story is based on sound psychological theories..."

Yeah, the theory that you are a cuck and a wimp. 1/5

extemporeextemporealmost 8 years ago
The pluses and minuses

The Pluses: You write very well and push the story/plot with excellent pacing. It is a page burner. This is obviously to your great credit and gives you excellent potential.

The minuses: When the narrator refers to his wife and their relationship it comes across in gushy, over-the-top soap opera language. That can only work if there is a huge element of "I know this is silly but we're both in on the Joke" attitude; which is not present here.

Your hero is portrayed not just as a man with unique special skills from his military service, but as this Rambo type superman who happens to have this base of friends who can instantly drop everything to help their military comrade, and who are willing to abet obvious criminal activity. Even the psychologist can't simply be a well thought of professional, but is "world renowned".

It's simply all too over the top. In reading fiction there has to be a suspension of disbelief (especially in Loving Wives) but there's no way my mind can stretch that far.

EddboyEddboyalmost 8 years ago
dumb

plot lol "sound psychological theories" my ass

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I gave it a 2...

Because you have writing ability and the revenge/torture plot was kind of entertaining.

Your plot was very over the top and your characters were not believable at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sound psychological principles?

You do know that "Multiple Personality Disorder" is a false creation, not an actual psychological disorder?

There hasn't ever been a documented case verified by more than one psychiatrist. There have been several thousands of cases that have been proven false. Further, there are almost no cases claimed in Japan or the UK, but the US has several thousand claimed. That makes it a cultural/social creation, not an actual psychological disorder.

It's an excuse to do bad things and not accept responsibility for the behavior, a trend all too common and popular in the US, which explains the prevalence of claims here and the absence in other cultures.

If your protagonist was looking for a reason to forgive his wife, then he found a way to grasp at a straw and do so. Then again, he just murdered someone, and had no justification for doing so other than to prop up the deceitful excuse his wife had for intentionally cheating on her marriage.

He seems far more psychologically damaged and dangerous than his wife...

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 8 years ago
@ Anonymous 06/18/16

There is indeed some doubt about multiple personality disorder

However have you heard of bi-polar conditions ? even schizofrenia can provoke personality disorders and these conditions are proven and documented EVEN in the usa

foolscapfoolscapalmost 8 years ago
dissociated identity disorder

"Dissociative identity disorder (previously known as multiple personality disorder) is thought to be a complex psychological condition that is likely caused by many factors, including severe trauma during early childhood (usually extreme, repetitive physical, sexual, or emotional abuse)....

Dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior. With dissociative identity disorder, there's also an inability to recall key personal information that is too far-reaching to be explained as mere forgetfulness. With dissociative identity disorder, there are also highly distinct memory variations, which fluctuate with the person's split personality.

"The "alters" or different identities have their own age, sex, or race. Each has his or her own postures, gestures, and distinct way of talking. Sometimes the alters are imaginary people; sometimes they are animals. As each personality reveals itself and controls the individuals' behavior and thoughts, it's called "switching." Switching can take seconds to minutes to days. When under hypnosis, the person's different "alters" or identities may be very responsive to the therapist's requests....

While there's no "cure" for dissociative identity disorder, long-term treatment can be helpful, if the patient stays committed. Effective treatment includes talk therapy or psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, and adjunctive therapies such as art or movement therapy. There are no established medication treatments for dissociative identity disorder, making psychologically-based approaches the mainstay of therapy. Treatment of co-occurring disorders, such as depression or substance use disorders, is fundamental to overall improvement." WebMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Damn!

What don't people understand about fictional stories they do not have to be 100% correct. If the writer was a PhD who wrote in his off time maybe some of the terms and names for illnesses might be close to correct but, I'm guessing that this story is made up for us to enjoy. Do We don't care about your argument about what, why and the how medically how the characters they got that way.

It's a story read and try to enjoy the free writing.

If you don't like the story make constructive criticisms or not. Constructive criticism comments on the story which was written by someone and not about you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

more cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you for the story Mordant, thank you for keeping comments open

This plot and its sundry devices are a waste of your talents. You appear to be able to write well about the thoughts and feelings of the characters, and do so at a higher level than most authors. Please don't underestimate that value of that capability!!Perhaps it is better to spend your time on those aspects, and less on the death and dismemberment side. Thanks again, I hope you keep writing. Oldbearswitch

PS, Please consider that those of us who don't author here may well have standing to criticize. Our view is that one need not be a vintner to find obvious flaws in a wine, nor be a General Contractor to see common punch list problems that slipped past the various subcontractor's crews.

Also please consider the fact that we may well write in other places or there under other names. I get paid to write non-fiction as an occasional sideline. Am I a Writer? Probably not, but I am a semi-pro writer. For the purposes of this site, I would think that ranks my writing below yours, since you are creating all of your writing, and some parts of mine are mandated by my client and audience and the facts of the matter at hand. Just a thought, saludos amigo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Garbage

It's a disgrace you made this wimp a Army Vet... A man kicks the cunt out and buries Victor where the body will never be found.... This garbage payback won't change the slut behavior, she will just find someone else....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

dumb cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fair story but...

Some holes in the last part....and letting Wanda and Berry slide...NO FUCKING WAY!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Missed It?

Clearly, Karen was still subject to Victor's control and would have been if hubby's first plan had worked and Victor would be dickless, but still alive. Victor then would return for his revenge on both Karen and hubby.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Still laughing

....at your pompous and totally out of place Obama swipe

'We are not happy with the current administration and the president's propensity to bypass Congress with executive orders. That is not the way the founding fathers envisioned government should run.'

Yeah, boy, talk about irony.

Anyway, the story was so so... too long and predictable so I gave it a very conservative one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Anon

you still with us reading this and then adding your usually dumbarse comments hahaha.

This story way too far fetched, sorry not at all believable.

JJ

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Thanks guys

for talking me out of reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
JUST COULDN'T WAIT.....

Read the first 2 pages and had to skip the rest to give it a score of 1 star. I wish I could give fractions because it deserves less than 1. This former special forces captain was a total pussy and a spineless, cuckold bastard. He jumps to the conclusion that his wife was a victim when everything she did shouts that she's nothing but a slut. She was never raped, it's what she wanted. She claims she knew what her old roommate was like and when she walked into the restaurant and found the situation as it was, she should have walked out. She didn't owe anyone a reason for her leaving. The bullshit story about having to go to the bathroom was just that, bullshit. She knew she was in a situation that was dangerous and she stayed knowing just where it was headed.

The morning after, she could have gone straight to the police and claimed rape and thanked the perpetrators for having the evidence to lock themselves up but noooo. The stupid slut dives right into whoredom with glee.

And her pinhead dicksucking faggot of a husband bought that shit.

Oh yeah, make no mistake, the boyfriend would have to go, painfully as well as his accomplices in this fiasco but the wife would have to be included as an accomplice since she got into the Porsche willingly.

I think I'll go back and see what kind of contrived revenge the asshole husband has planned but I'm sure it doesn't go as far as a real man would have taken it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

absurd cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Crap (wow)

I read a few stories on this site, but this story has to be very close to being the worse...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous