All Comments on 'Poetry and Lemon Cakes'

by AstridOnnan

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
rombo034rombo034about 9 years ago

Those lemon cakes are so sweet... and no sour at all!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Can you say "shaved head"?

Most French women would have nothing to do with the Germans, those who did would greatly regret it after the war.

DonnaBeckDonnaBeckabout 9 years ago
Loved it

So sweet, well written, but I wanted more. I wanted to know how she resolved the fact that he was a nazi. I gave it five stars, but I wish ...well, the romantic in me wishes he was actually a spy. One can dream, right? Great job.

chytownchytownabout 9 years ago
Bad Read**

Some French women were shot for this. At the very least stripped and march though the streets of the Town or Villages after their heads were shaved. Not a good subject matter in this story to me. SORRY!!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
au contraire

The French took to collaboration with the Germans more than anyone else, and that is saying quite a bit.

Under the command of Charles de Gaulle the French fired upon American ships coming to fight the Germans.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
To Tw0Cr0ws

While there was French collaboration, there was also French resistance.

Charles De Gaulle was the leader of the Free French forces as a member of the allies.

Get your facts straight.

bee49bee49over 6 years ago
Laughing at the comments

People who think this is implausible don't know just how many illegitimate children were born in 1942 between French women and German soldiers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cool story that needs more

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous