All Comments on 'Pogo's Very Long Day'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Non-Human ?

This is probably THE most human of all of the Shameless spinoffs.

I don't know who makes these calls on which category a story goes in , but Non-Human , this story isn't.

Loved it Todd172 , I hope others will find it here.

Have you found a Graphic Artist yet ??? $$$$$ !!!!

5 *'s of course !

P.S. for those who read this category exclusively , do your selves a favor and read this authors entire catalog , trust me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Excellent!

'Nuff sed.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
Not a non human story

Monster is human, a damaged human to be sure, but even damaged as he is he is still human. That he knows he is damaged but still trusts himself around his wife and kids, and grandkids, means he has faith in his ability to function even with the damage. So while he may be called monster by some ii would consider him more as a highly trained operative who simply no longer feels constrained by anything other than operational rules.

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Submitted as LW category

All,

This story has ended up in the wrong category. Per the introduction, this

is a continuation of the SHAMELESS/MONSTER series in LW, and should be

there. Not sure, but my overly poetic tag line "Love's Strange Forms and

the Perils of Hunting Monsters" may have something to do with it. I've

reported it in hopes of getting it corrected, but not sure if or when that

will happen. The character Monster is a Special Missions Unit operator with

brain trauma, not a non-Human.

Thanks,

Todd172

dinkymacdinkymacover 7 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
a dark tragedy, yes

non-human, no

crkcppr said it best. This story is the most Human in the series, so far.

this placement may be the victim of a bot scanning Tags?

thanks again

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Submitted Edit to Catagories

All,

I've used Report and have now submitted the category change as an Edit, so it should move, but may take 48 to 72 hours depending on how busy they are.

Thanks for your patience.

Todd172

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Get off this site

Seriously you are too damn good to be wasting your time here. Your stories remind me of the Cross series by Vachss or the better Mack Bolan books by Pendleton. 5 stars not enough

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Favorite new author/series

This series crept up on me. But I like it. A LOT.

I'm not kidding. Best new author on LIT. Thanks.

5 stars.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Another great tale from The Shack.

Crkcppr and rightbank said it all. You are a master at this style of writing and I wait impatiently for your next story.

I like how you have woven angel/shameless back into the tale while starting to give us a glimpse of who Howard is. You just keep making me want more and that's a good thing.

Thanks to sbrooks103x for doing an excellent job of editing.

Thank you for writing, looking forward to your next tale, and 5 stars again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

not one of your stories belongs in LW. they don't even belong in a porn site. what the fuck are you doing here?

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Great Stories

Go commercial and I will buy them.

miscacc201501miscacc201501over 7 years ago
Eh?

Why is this in non-human? I was expecting/dreading that Spooky would die and come back as a ghost or something. Grrr.

Fantastic story as always. Just loving the Shack family as a whole.

Joben285Joben285over 7 years ago
Thanks

I'm really enjoying this series. Please continue them.

ShariHoShariHoover 7 years ago
Great Fuckin' Stuff!

I love your writing Todd! The stuff that comes outta your mind if very entertaining.

For instance:

"My survival is a testimony to the global problem of really bad marksmanship. Given how pervasive that problem is, they should probably start a charity.

I can already picture Sally Struthers saying, "This is Pogo, and despite the thousands of rounds fired at him, he's still alive. With your help..."

Operators are standing by....

The other kind of operators of course."

You owe me a keyboard. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a KB to work properly when its been flooded with coffee? Especially when that coffee has been mixed with snot!

Keep 'em coming!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Sharito

Yeah, I didn't react QUITE that strongly (good thing, because I'm on laptop!), but that was a great passage!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I really liked...

How you wove the two story threads together here. Well done!

thankyou

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I think Donna's little "joke" may have gotten this tagged as non-human. For fuck's sake!

Great story, though. I absolutely love these. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Cog

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
No doubt another excellent story of this saga...

No doubt another excellent story of this saga...I don't know, but maybe this was the best of them...The reading flowing and making the readers don't stop for nothing...Not even to go pee...Just a question: Who put this in "Non Human"? "Non Human" are the people that ordered the bombing of the Red Cross convoy that took food and medicine to Aleppo...Not people who take care of their families...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesome!!

Fellow anonymous, go fuck yourself!!

He's right where he wants to be and that's fine with the rest of us.

As far as I can tell the people who run lit & sort stories don't give a fuck about readers or authors. I'm not sure if they're assholes, morons or just completely indifferent to the needs & wants of the community. I doubt the difference matters anyway. The result is the same. A story horribly mis-categorized and missed by many of the authors readers.

Awesome instalment. Look forward to more. Thx.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I wrote before that I would buy your novel. That still holds true (I did that with DQS). If you ever decide to publish, or post somewhere else, please let us know.

Thanks for sharing

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
COVERT OPS ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

secret and well hidden all the way. TK U MLJ LV NV

ImHappynBPImHappynBPover 7 years ago
I want more

Good writing. This would make a great TV Series.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 7 years ago
These stories have to be based on real people

These stories have to be based on real people. This is just too real not to be.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Wow you are good

I would love to know the basis of your stories, where you get your knowledge from, was it time in service, or just curiousity and lots of reading?

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
SECRET RITUALS SHOULD REMAIN SO

even amongst allies and friends; TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

The only problem I can see is that with her skills and value spooky would never have to do swallow work...

-jaye-

DoctimeDoctimealmost 7 years ago
Five Stars Hell. Look at the Milky Way.

You Sir are becoming my favorite of favorites. I sure would be scared to piss you off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a great series of 5 * stories

Your killing it with this continuing story - awesome stuff. This is very professional writing and I'm sure that you could make money on theses stories if you published them. Thanks for the great entertainment.

Bubba

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 6 years ago
Absolutely great Story

I don't know if you come back and read these comments Todd but, this is my second time through following your suggested progression and this would make an excellent made for TV mini-series! This story is much better than anything the studios have put out in a long time. Think a short series like "Fargo". Well Done!

BAnde53507BAnde53507almost 6 years ago
F@CK ME!...

Apologies, but sometimes profanity is the best way to express ones self. This is exactly what I thought of Danni and Ex getting the drop on Pogo and the revelation of Monster training the children to kill him if need be. Sooooo good. I’m a bit of a military / combat nut as it is. I believe this is why I love the Shack series so much. I find the mayhem mildly therapeutic. Well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Two things:

I agree that this should be a made for TV movie but only after you put it in book form (hardback, paperback and e-book) and TAKE OUR DAMN MONEY YOU LITERARY GENIUS!

green117green117over 5 years ago
My favorite line here is:

"Grease was as clueless as I had been. I didn't say a word to him. He didn't need to know that although he was married to Angel, Shameless was still watching over all of them."

Yup - darkness persists, and isn't entirely without virtue.

Green-something

jrphdojrphdoover 5 years ago
Great Story

The whole series is phenomenal with this possibly the best so far. Danni and Ex getting the jump on him with angel setting it up freaks me out. Even though it is all for the best, I think this ex-operator would be a little more alert and a little less trusting.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 5 years ago
Still fantastic

Second time around. Been a year between and I still am blown away by the great characters and fine writing. Thanks for writing for us, and I hope all is well with you and yours. Ed:)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

You have a way of adding real good color to your writing. I love your nuances, I love having to read slowly to catch them all. Continue to take your time to write good prose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Re-read after re-read

I’ve re-read each of The Shack stories a few times. I expect to get sick of them someday. Hasn’t happened yet, though. Excellent work, I catch something(s) new each time. As always, 5 Stars.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 5 years ago
A bit strange.

"The Plan" was nuts really.

A murder planned for "wife" and children

without any input from them?

To quote lines from a Country song;

"Way past crazy. Heading for insane".

And what about Donna?

If my sister had talked to me like that,

I would've told her: "Mind our own bloody business!"

And I might've even been pissed enough

to say: "And tell that girl, who works for you,

if she's not woman enough to tell me herself

that she's pregnant, then she's not woman

enough to be my wife".

But I'm a nice guy.

I probably wouldn't have said that ;).

Story gets 4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank God

It all worked out.

Your stories have me, hook, line and sinker.

There are great authors here, among the dross. You are at the very top.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
This series of stories

Just keep getting better and better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It's different

But it's in the vein of the best writing that Tom Clancy ever did. The only difference is that you're more concise and you're better than he ever was.

kirei8kirei8about 4 years ago
What the hell

You just get better and better. Danika blew me away. Never in a wild guess. Your characters are so real I feel like I know them. Enough gushing, just keep on writing, please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

For some reason this one rubs me the wrong way. I really can't figure out why

xtchrxtchrover 3 years ago

The only problem with this story is that....it is too damn short.

Thank you for another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
WOW WOW !!!!!!! AGAIN

I was starting to panic ! You can't kill off Spooky!

Whew, I'm ok now. Another fantastic one...However. ..I sense my depression coming...when I have read the last " shack" story.. well, I will just have to wait a month and start over. Thanks, Tom

jimjam69jimjam69about 3 years ago

All shack stories are 5 star great. Spooky had better been okay by the end or I could never forgive you.

Lee2012Lee2012about 3 years ago

Lost track of who was who on the different PIV, but egads, dude. Still freaking awesome. The punking by Donna on Pogo was priceless. Even SPECOPs have a sense of humor... warped, but still

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 3 years ago

Wow! Another great one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved it as much as I love every story Todd writes. He's just that good of an author that I've loved them all.

For those who want to throw their money at todd here is a comment that he put in a place where very few would read it.

We have novelized the first three Needles and Delaney stories into an ebook on Amazon, titled, originally enough as "Needles and Delaney." We did that partly because so many have asked us to, partly because it was just something new to do, and partly as to protect the work - there are people who skim sites for stories then publish them as ebooks under false names. Some of the real heavy hitters here have had that happen to them.

Doc Spirit 3

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Thanks for the notice about throwing money at Todd (three times) I found the book and ordered it.

Great writer, is he still writing? I need fresh material I'm on my third or fourth trip on these.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For some reason the threat of Danni and Ex and Angels willing participation bothers me... but I really have no idea why :-/

it isn´t OOC, not really... maybe to drastic?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow that was so Cold the way that Angel threw him under the Bus . And all for Her Me Me Me decision . I fill sorry for her husband . Being married to Her . I hope he watches his back before she puts a knife in it . I would not want her as a friend . I have already had too many friends like that

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Loved the confusion over Spooky and didn't know about D and Pogo, possibly missed that in an earlier story. Brilliant work again. 5

USMCVetUSMCVetover 2 years ago

Wonderful! Keep them coming!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Stll a great story and one of the best writers on LIT or anywhere else.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

Up until the final twist, this was the most bucolic scene you painted (in this series) up to now. The ties that bind these people together are toweringly charming. The idea that Danni (PeeGee), Ex, and Angel/Shameless have developed their own contingency plan and thus have to make Pogo and Loud Howard stand down is staggering.

Thank you (and your missus) for sharing your fertile imagination with us.

5 stars any day of the week, twice over on Sunday!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the story. Great characters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gee I wonder who saved Angel and Grease . Yes Angel can live with her family Thanks Men like Pogo and Howard . I would not want a friend like Angel . I Can understand Ex and Danni but not Angel

SlamnukeSlamnukeabout 2 years ago

You write women and men far to interchangeably. I always felt there was something wrong with the women in your stories but I couldn’t put my finger on it until this story. You write all of your women exactly the same way you do as the men. Your women can apparently operate on special forces level military wise and are just as lethal as men. We know in reality that none of that is true. Men are better at quite literally everything military wise and no amount of training will ever change that.

Your stories often come across as Hollywood level “strong 120 lb woman beats the shit out of 225 lb men” leave insanity. This isn’t just bad writing, it’s a fundamental misunderstanding of human sexual dichotomy. This is immersion killing in your stories because it’s impossible to take it seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

@Slamnuke:

You are rather uneducated or ignorant - don t know what. There are a lot of examples that women are as deadly as men in specops. You just have to deploy them in their way.

You use a hammer to drive nail in a wall. You use a screwdriver to drive a screw in that same wall. Then you can hang you picture on both. Nowbody will try to drive a nail in that wall by use of a screwdriver.

Examples:

In WW2 female operative in France

Female snipers in a lot of wars

In Israel female recon. (Dont deploy them near their home, that has a tendency to get brutal)

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

This one wasn't one of my favorites but still good, ain't true love wonderful? Life is better sex is better to bad there such a thing as ex's. (speaking for my self anyway)

FyrscapeFyrscapealmost 2 years ago

What can I say. I never saw it coming but it was awesome. Anyway anyone who understands the female half of the species well enough knows that while different, (thank God for that) they can be equally deadly and efficient as there male counterparts. Just like males if they play to their strengths and the targets weaknesses.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Listed

The stories in this series,should be listed in Chronological order,not Alphabetical order.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@Nitpic

Read Todd172's Biography.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This lit is truly frightening.

None of them are what they seen and EVERY LAST ONE is lethal beyond belief.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

What a story. The men are deadly and take the direct approach to problems. The women are preparing for the long run. It's just scary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars but I would not be friends with Angel again . Yes she looks after her family If Spooky is pregnant she might hold a grudge against Angel and Monster and try raising a child by herself would not help . My friend from the service died of cancer when he was 42 years old . I am always helping his 2 boys learn about baseball . He had other friends who are teaching them Martial ats and how to handle a Pistol or Rifle .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

These people are beyond scarry. Terrifying is closer.

NickCaveNickCaveover 1 year ago

Slamnuke, Sorry to burst your misogynist bubble. You don't know what you're talking about. That's okay. Most people don't when it comes to this topic. It's a combination of general ignorance and too many Hollywood productions featuring military special operation forces. The general ignorance is expected...if you don't live in that world of SOF, of course, you're probably not going to know much about it besides the crap Hollywood feeds you. I don't know the entire history, but women have worked with the US Army's Delta Force and the US Navy's Seal Team Six going back to the 1980s. They aren't permanent members of any Delta units or Seal Teams, but they have operated in the field with both of these SMUs.

It is true that women generally do not match the physical strength of men. I think everyone agrees with that. SMUs, however, perform duties that require brains first and foremost. Women have brains. Big, quick-thinking, intelligent brains. Todd has written several female characters who have learned tactics, techniques & procedures (TTP) from retired Tier 1 operators. There is no reason at all to believe that the women in these stories couldn't perform at an exceptional level.

I can't help but feel that Todd also writes from a position of personal experience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Best story teller on this site, hope you start posting again

johntc24johntc24about 1 year ago

fabulous, really miss your stories. If your posting elsewhere I haven't been able to find them

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful people to have your six. Your worst nightmare if the came to collect you. Hell, likely never see it coming.

ComefindmeComefindme12 months ago

I'd say my only two issues with your stories, is there's a huge lack of depth in the relationships between all the people, anytime there's a chance to add depth it time skips or just ends.

The second is, everyone looks insanely inept with the "monster" cheat code, monster you get, but then his wife and his daughter and his kids and his grandkids and it makes all these highly trained, highly seasoned professionals look like a street hustler would pull one over on them.

I love the universe, like the stories, the writing and people are fun, just wish there was a bit more under the surface.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief12 months ago

This one had me holding my breath almost right up to the end. Glad that they have things under control with Monster, or as much as it can be.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean8 months ago

you are too good i gave you 5s too soon ya should be up to like 8s now

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Monster does have a rational side o/w his students could be in danger. Also, the fact that he couldn't kill his daughter denots a capacity to be able to set aside the programmed Terminator mode. Dido Dannis husband. Hence he is capable of willingly deselecting people from the threat list. He may keep them under surveillance but Exs demise of natural causes would remove his decision capacity; he will, first and foremost, protect "his family"- wife kids, children and his team mates.

All that said, he's o/w a nearly unstoppable killing machine. One best to never even be aware of his existence.

NitpicNitpic5 months ago
Totaly

Totaly confused.What was that all about?.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I just realized that virtually all of these characters are unbelievably lethal from Angel to Ema. These are people best to never had made the acquaintance of. In everyday life they'd seem OK but they've always got the finger on the trigger under the table. That said, a better bunch of people solidly on your side would make life a whole lot safer.

LegacybadLegacybad4 months ago

A very fun and interesting read, spooky and Monster are the most intriguing characters for me, in the Shack stories. So its always fun to read about them. I didnt see the Donna/Pogo sibling thing coming. Nice twist.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Angst romance. When a bad day gets unbelievably worse and then a miracle of saving grace occurs. Like Dickens wrote: it was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another winner. You draw us into the characters and the drama. Judy do difficult finding something to criticize. So, I won't. Five stars.

JPB

malchor2517malchor25172 months ago

I could hear it.

With a gun pointed at him; his thought was "thank you, for taking this burden from me."

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

All the characters are awesome. They draw the reader into the story and make them witness to life at the Shack.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This woman tells a man, the woman he loves is dead, just to see how he'll react. Wants to see if she's gonna allow him to see her again. Talk about messed up. I don't see cruel as clever. I am shocked that you get so many positive comments about these characters.They're all killers and messed up, treating people like livestock whenever they feel like it. In a way your main characters kill, maim, and abuse just like the criminals and gangs they go after. LOL

FlamethrowFlamethrow30 days ago

The undercurrents and interconnections with all the characters here make this weird assortment of misfits and badly-damaged people into people we are fascinated with.

I loved how Donna teased Pogo at the end, revealing her full understanding of not only her brother and his doubts but also Spooky and her desperate need to be loved and welcomed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...