Possessions Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This was it, the last one. He now had all six of them that were still alive. Even now, years later, he was disappointed that the seventh had died that day, that he would be spared the torture Ehrik had spent years planning for them. He grinned, the expression unwelcoming, as he imagined the days to come. In his mind's eye, he could already see it, and he gloried in the sight.

A bloodcurdling scream snapped him from his reverie.

Before he even realized he was moving, Ehrik was passing rows of slaves, looking down each one for his sister. Several rows up, he saw Kriel dart out, calling his name. The Captain ran past him, shouting that he was fetching a Healer. Ehrik rounded the corner the other man had appeared from. His sight narrowed in on Sarantha sitting on the floor, clutching her stomach as Melil held her, a puddle of bright red blood beneath them. Jecis was running down the row from the other direction, and Ehrik could hear the click of Alaliya's shoes behind him. He skidded to a halt, falling to his knees in the puddle of blood surrounding his sister's waist.

His gaze swept over her desperately. Her whimpers and sobs tore at his heart, but he couldn't be distracted. There were no other wounds. There was no denying where the blood was coming from and there was far too much of it. Ehrik was at a loss. This wasn't a battle wound. He couldn't tourniquet this, didn't know how to stop this bleeding.

Not knowing what else to do, Ehrik scooped Sarantha into his arms, already running. He shouted orders to his wife, instructing her to clear the corridors and trusting her to obey. Alaliya was faster than him with his burden. She carelessly dropped her shoes and sprinted ahead already shouting orders to whomever was in the way.

When he reached the infirmary, there was already a bed prepared for her. Ehrik laid Sarantha in the center, trying not to panic as the red stain quickly spread over the immaculate white sheets. The Healer, however, was far from panicked, giving orders in a tone that brooked no argument. It wasn't until two of her assistants pushed Ehrik and Jecis back toward the door, that the men began to protest. With a look of pure irritation, the Healer placed one hand on each of their chests and pushed them out the door, slamming it in their faces.

The King and the General looked at each other, each at a complete loss. Neither had any idea what to do, so they stood there, staring at the door for hours, flinching each time a scream came through it. Never had the soldiers felt so useless.

It seemed an eternity later when, instead of the scream of a woman, came the wail of a child.