Power Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"With pleasure, sir." said Rudistan. Patrolman Hicks and Corporal Kirkpatrick were among those making sure my orders were implemented in a timely and efficient manner.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the lovely redheaded reporterette from in front of City Hall at 7:00am, Monday, February 27th. "Channel Two News has learned that the man they believe is the Black Velvet Killer was captured by elements of the SBI and the Nextdoor County Police Force over the weekend!"

"His name is George Aurus," Bettina continued, "and his alleged spree of killings goes back several years. His last two alleged victims, Lenora Holmes and Rob Dortmund, were found in Nextdoor County, where Mr. Aurus was arrested. The NCPD Chief asked SBI Inspector Donald Troy to house Mr. Aurus in our County Jail for his own protection."

"We have with us FBI Special Agent in Charge Jack Muscone," said Bettina as the camera panned out to include Muscone, who was looking trim and fit in his well-fitting suit. "Agent Muscone, did the FBI assist in the capture of Mr. Aurus?"

"Bettina, the Nextdoor County Police and the Town & County Police did an excellent job locating and arresting this killer." said Muscone. "The FBI did help with gathering information on Mr. Aurus, but our role was strictly supportive. As always, SBI Inspector Donald Troy, who is also your Police Commander here, led the way with the help of the outstanding Police Forces in this region of the State."

"Mmmm, he's looking fit and trim." said Joanne Warner as we watched in MCD. "He must be laying off the double cheeseburgers."

"And working out more." I said. "Maybe he'll get into the Police Boxing Matches, take you down a notch, Detective Warner."

"Bring it awn!" said Joanne happily. "I'm looking for a shot at the title."

"You have two shots at that." said Cindy Ross with alacrity. "Slim and none. And 'slim' is leaving town in utter fear." A chorus of 'oooooh's greeting that declaration as Cindy and Joanne exchanged two fingered pointings at their eyes and then each other's.

"Commander," said Theo Washington, "what do you have to say about that?"

I held up the red crowbar. "This crowbar. Aikido. The Championship. Nuff said." More 'oooooh's. Daggers from the eyes underneath a platinum blonde head.

"Jack Muscone is in better shape than you are right now." Cindy said. "You better get to training." Even for all our banter, that one was pretty 'out dere'.

"Oh, really?" I said, with no small amount of sarcastic venom in my voice. "We shall see, Captain. We shall see."

"Sir," Joanne said, to distract me, "Bettina did not look too happy this morning. Didn't want to mention your name."

"Yeah, I think she's not too happy with me right now" I said. Cindy was totally failing to hide a malicious grin, and no one else failed to notice that.

"She needs a good pickle-tickle, sir." said the sweet, religious Joanne. Everyone broke out laughing, which went on for a long moment.

"O-kayyyyyy." I said. "I think I'll just head back to my office... and think about the brackets for the Police Boxing Matches..."

It was Teresa Croyle, not Cindy Ross, who followed me into my office. "Sir," she said, "did you tell Cindy about me going with the others to help rescue your wife?"

"I told her about the rescue," I said, "but it is possible that I forgot to tell her about your involvement."

Teresa gave what was for her a big smile. "Sir, if you would just conveniently forget to mention that in the future..."

"I have an idea that I might not remember until sometime in June." I said. "I owe you that, for damn sure."

"Thank you, sir." said Teresa. "If you'll excuse me, I have an Angels meeting to prepare for. And once again sir... set those brackets up right!"

"Oh, be assured that I will." I said. As Teresa left, I turned to go behind my desk, and saw the Police Boxing Matches Champion trophy from the year before. Cindy was right... I was in no shape to put another one next to it. Time to get right about that. Time to get right...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This is Priya Ajmani, Five-Alive News in the Morning!" shouted the lovely Indian reporterette at 8:00am on the same Monday, February 27th. "Five-Alive News has learned that Town & County Police Commander Donald Troy and the Nextdoor County Police jointly captured the Black Velvet Killer, George Aurus, over the weekend!"

"We don't have to say 'alleged' for this," said Priya, getting in a hard dig at Bettina, "because George Aurus confessed to his crimes, told the SBI about other crimes not yet discovered, and is expected to plead 'guilty' at his arraignment this morning..."

As MCD watched, Theo turned to Joanne and said "Guess we know who got the pickle-tickle this weekend." Joanne laughed.

"And the 'scoop', too." she replied.

"All right, all right, pickles are for double cheeseburgers, not reporters." Cindy Ross said as she came in. "What are you people working on this morning?..."

Part 19 - Epilogue

This was bad, Mr. C. thought to himself. Jeff Fuqua dead, the Huntress unreliable, Agent Darkwave vanished. His cell was coming apart. And the secret, the deeply buried secret of Millwakee... the Iron Crowbar was simply too close, too near to learning that secret, which would totally destroy any chance his friends had of fulfilling their organization's name... Superior Bloodlines.

Yes, they were superior, as was he. The undesirables, the blacks, needed to be eliminated, but most importantly, the Superior ones needed to rule...to rule over the others for the greater good of all. He did not ask to be one of the Superior ones... it was his destiny, it was what he was meant to be.

And the Iron Crowbar... could have been one of us. But no... he has this twisted sense of what is right and wrong. He doesn't see the inherent, genetic weakness of the negro... and his blindness is his weakness. And it will cost him his life, I swear to all that is white and holy...

His phone rang, and he saw who it was. "Yes?" he said in answer to the ring. "Yes, Aurus is captured. He'll soon be silenced... Yes, we'll help the FBI find Lotz, and he will unfortunately be killed in a battle to recapture him... Yes, our plans are still on track to be implemented... shortly after the nigger celebrities start their riots... oh yes, that will be our excuse to kill hundreds of them... thousands...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was sitting on the deck of the Cabin that evening. The sun had set behind the western horizon, and now I saw a train coming out of that horizon and making the curve on the other side of the River.

To say I was in a deep reverie was an understatement. I was trying to marshal my thoughts. George Aurus had hinted at what was really going on. If he knew, he didn't want to say explicitly. I knew the real key was-------

I heard a sound and whirled around. The automatic light came on, and Cindy walked out from the walkway around the side.

"You okay?" she asked. "Want some company?"

"I'm fine, and sure, come on over and have a seat." I said. She came and sat down next to me on the loveseat chair. I put the blanket I had around both of us.

"Penny for your thoughts." she said. "One with the Queen's picture on it, even." I chuckled.

"Les Craig really stepped in the cow patty on that one, didn't he?" I asked.

"He will pay for that insult, one day." she replied. "So, your thoughts?"

I sighed. "I'm trying to figure out what's going on with all this stuff." I said. "Aurus didn't tell me much that was concrete. He said he didn't know, but he may have been holding back."

"Don," Cindy said, "that man is an absolute nutjob, a psycho. Brilliant... he captured me and Becca very effectively... but he's a whack job. How could you trust anything he says?"

"Because he wants Justice for past wrongs, and I'm his only hope for that." I said. "But Cindy, he's not the key here. Leonard Lotz is the key."

"Why do you say that?" Cindy asked.

"The reaction to his escape from The Asylum." I said. "Les Craig all but threatened me with another torture session to my death over it. He went rabid over the microphones failing when I was talking to Aurus, and I believe it was because he, Craig, was scared shitless that Aurus was going to tell me something about Lotz."

"They knew each other." said Cindy.

"Yes." I said. "And that has Craig scared. He tried to get Aurus into Federal custody, and that failed. I'm worried about Aurus, that he's going to come over all dead soon."

"Somehow," Cindy said, "I'm not able to generate much worry about that. But maybe that's because I was about to become one of his briskets." She settled into me and said "And I do appreciate you coming to save me."

"Oh you know I was going to do that." I said.

"I'm still pissed at myself for letting myself get captured like that." Cindy said.

"Don't be." I said. "By the way, did the Chief talk to you?"

"Yes." Cindy said. "He says the Board of Inquiry and the State Review will both be all right. Of course, I'll stop worrying when it's all over. So... elephant in the room... who was that masked man? That shot an arrow into the junction box? Molly said the device on the arrow had some kind of liquid in it that would short out the whole thing. That's sophisticated stuff."

"Yep. Government technology at work, if you ask me." I said. "And by the way, I'm sure that person was a woman."

"Even getting pepper sprayed, you noticed her boobs." said Cindy. "Why am I not surprised." I couldn't stop laughing for a moment.

"Well," Cindy said, "I'm sure it was not Melina. She was at a dinner in front of over a hundred people. And Todd's assistant Mariko was doing assistant things at a reception Todd and his staff, including Barry Oliver, were giving for Ichimoku Industries executives."

"Yes." I said. "It wasn't Melina."

"Who, then?" Cindy asked.

"Only the Shadow knows." I said. "And there are many, many shadows in our fair Town."

"So what's next?" Cindy asked.

"Leonard Lotz and Dick Ferrell." I said. "Find those two, and then clean up the rest of Superior Bloodlines for the Deputy Director."

Cindy said nothing else, but became lost in contemplation, as did I, as we looked out over the twinkling lights of our Town. My mind drifted back to the mystery of Millwakee and the Federal Installation...

I just needed time alone, with my own thoughts
Got treasures in my mind but couldn't open up my own vault
My childlike creativity, purity and honesty
Is honestly being crowded by these grown thoughts
Reality is catchin' up with me
Takin' my inner child, I'm fighting for its custody
With these responsibilities that they entrusted me
As I look down at my dia-mond-encrusted piece
*
Thinkin', no one man should have all that power
The clock's tickin', I just count the hours
Stop trippin', I'm trippin' off the power
'Til then, fuck that, the world's ours

Finis.