All Comments on 'Prisoner's Slave'

by Eoaka

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
IvyclayIvyclayalmost 10 years ago

It seems more like a poem than a story. Even though poems are a type of story. Square, Rectangle...

I really liked this. The layout of the paragraphs for the style of writing made it a little hard to wrap my head around initially and I wasn't sure about it, and there is the occasional typo.

However in continuing to read, overall I am impressed with the concept and the execution. It is just the formatting that bothers me most.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yoda... Is that you master?

"The dark force, strong it is!... Yeah..." To write like Yoda speaks, ankward to read becomes. The story, good it is, but more enjoyable, when twisted the phrases are not.

dilettantish_reflibrariandilettantish_reflibrarianalmost 10 years ago
There are different types of writing

I personally like "experimental" or stream of conscious writing when done well, as this is. I liked this story written just as it is, because it fit the genre, setting, setting and characters. This story, if it were written in the normal style and with standard grammar, would not be nearly as riveting.

(I'm thinking of that classic short SF story from the 1960s, "Born of Woman," as an example of this ( I hope that's the title).

EoakaEoakaalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and comment, I greatly appreciate it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Lovely piece of writing. Very old English in its styling but it works quite well! I do truly hope you do write another one of these at some point.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous