All Comments on 'Professor Bones and Esmeralda'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UNBELIEVEABLE!

ONE OF THE BEST STORIES I HAVE READ. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY RIVETED! THANK YOU SO MUCH

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Just Outstanding!

I had the distinct pleasure of getting an early read on this, had a difficult time editing as I kept getting sucked back into the story.

Five stars all the way!

SpectralWolf45SpectralWolf45over 6 years ago

Too good for anything less than 5*. Very well done!

Crusader235Crusader235over 6 years ago
Once again,

Once again Todd, you have proved yourself worthy to write any kind of story, and do it excellently! Who else would have thought up a Traveling snake oil hawker, and his beautiful assistant, was Bounty Hunters! Whatta cover story. I'm really thinking you could add to their story sometime in the future. Thanks for this one!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
Thank you for the wonderful story, Todd.

I knew this was something special the moment I saw it. I was not disappointed.

Every story posted here today is special. Not one failed to deliver. For those who enjoyed these, there are many more scattered across the categories. You may find a full list here:

https://www.literotica.com/s/literotica-writers-go-west-full-story-list

Thanks again, Randi.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Nicely Done. -.

The skill sets ascribed to Esme and the Dr we're impressive. The ease with which they moved through the local culture was seem less. These traits are only possible when written by an author with impressive talent.

Thanks

Happy Turkey Day

gordo12gordo12over 6 years ago
I still can't believe you started

to write seriously a year ago. You have an awesome talent and I suspect some day we'll be seeing your books on the best sellers list. 5*

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 6 years ago
My Thanks

to you wife for encouraging you to write. It is a good thing. As always I enjoyed your story, the feel for the characters and their lives.

Thanks for another great story. Looking forward to more, possibly more Tales from the Shack.

Woodmanone.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Link

There's a glitch in the link in Randi's comment. There's a space in the middle of writers.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 6 years ago
Would like to see more of these two characters

Mr. Todd you have a devious mind, which results in some fascinating and impossible to predict stories. These two characters are really fun. Well done!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
A really good read.

Part way through the story I was concerned that we were going to have vampires and/or witches. They didn't materialize, but more than a few crows did. This was very well plotted and written. High marks on this one!

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
AS FAR BACK IN OLDEN DAYS

in all stages, there has forever been point/counter points and covet plots, TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Quite a story

The play about her being the death of him was certainly was intriguing. But she let him off the hook...

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Let's see now

I have a history with, and an affinity for, weapons both modern and historical. Imagine then getting a marvelously told story that gets the weapons right, the vernacular right and leaves you wanting more. This one rang all the chimes.

CSD2CSD2over 6 years ago
I would love to make this a movie

Except I don't have the money, connections or the propensity for sexual assault on women who I have power over...but I would make this a movie.

And Tales from the Shack would be next. Neflix binge worthy Fer sure.

Thanks for the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic story

Shades of Hadacol and Dudley J. Leblanc!!!

Boyd Percy

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
👍🏻5️⃣⭐️

Really emjoyed that. Was Esme going to kill him the night before! If so, wjy?

oshawoshawover 6 years ago

No one writes characters the way you do. I continue to be mesmerized by your craftsmanship.

oshaw

JMH1961JMH1961over 6 years ago
Another excellant Todd story

Esmeralda......we need to hear her story. Who is she a descendant of? Hopefully a hell of a lot more reading from Todd.

Thank You,

Jim

dinkymacdinkymacover 6 years ago
Another Great Story!!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Was Esme going to kill him the night before! If so, (sic) wjy?

I would have thought that was obvious.

It's clearly explained at the end.

Good read Todd172 - again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
excellent

Undoubtedly one of your best stories.

jtaylor

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Anonymous 11/25/17 Re: Esme Killing Him

She was going to kill him to protect Victoria/Katherine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pleasant surprise

Five star western action adventure. He'd fit right in at the shack!

Dick

Todd172Todd172over 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the Feedback

The support here is amazing - I really mean that. That's not an exaggeration in any way.

Oshaw and HDK: I've learned a lot from your stories, from characterization to, well, everything. I still have a lot to learn and I re-read your stories frequently, along with DT, qhm1, carvohi, jezzaz, GitM, Rehnquist and others to do that. I can't list everyone here, unfortunately, but I have to give credit where it is due - you guys have taught me a lot.

HDK: For what it is worth, when I initially batted ideas around with my wife before starting, I considered a Weird Western with a fallen priest and lamia or vampire as partners. I decided not to do that; but honestly, I'm not entirely sure Esme was happy with that decision.

The crows are, of course, an attempt to carry some of spaghetti western movie imagery into the story. That turned out to be trickier in execution than in thought - movies certainly do have an advantage in that respect.

patille: Esme was certainly willing to kill Barnabas and herself to protect Victoria/Kitty and the baby. I'd like to think she was planning on Barnabas catching her and aborting the whole project - Prussic acid does have a strong smell - but even I'm not certain of that.

Thanks again,

Todd172

InescuInescuover 6 years ago
WOW

One of the best stories I've read in quite awhile and I'm not normally a fan of the Western genre. It feels like you were channeling Robert E. Howard a bit. The characters were well thought out with good dialog, the plot was clean and moved at a brisk pace, and all in all it was an excellent tale. Although I doubt you plan it, a string of episodes involving these characters would be well received. You might push it towards the Weird Fiction direction and make the crows less about imagery and more literally a manifestation of the supernatural - this tale already hints at that in more than one place.

Looking forward to your next contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic

5*, you're a great story teller well done

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Another Superb Tale!

As we've come to anticipate when we see a new story in your collection.... Loved that the evil uncle got his comeuppance in the coda!

Thanks once again for your many contributions here!

ElviajeElviajeover 6 years ago
I agree with Crusader 235

I love each every Shack story, but I have to admit, I would love to read more of Esme, as she grows in her "chemical concoctionery" and making patent medicines that she could actually patent, and Professor Bones and what turned him from a trick shooter into a stone cold killer.

There is both a past and a future to explore there, I think. I hope that you do.

InsigniaInsigniaover 6 years ago
The Prussic Acid in the Tumbler

Seemed really extreme. Esme needs to improve her communication skills. Bones seems like a decent listener and not totally motivated by greed. Awesome tale. Maybe 2 more crows than required.

Not sure where this was supposed to be. St. Elmo is nice little ghost town in Colorado but sometimes I thought St. Louis? Or a town somewhere near St. Elmo?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Continuation

Love to read more about the professor's motivations...certainly about his hateful relationship with is rig, and his apparent control issues once the killing starts. I very much enjoyed this story

kuhpa01kuhpa01over 6 years ago
Jim and Arty

This superb story put me in mind of the old TV show, the Wild Wild West. Barnabus makes an excellent James West, dapper ladies man killer secret agent, and Esmerelda makes a great Artemus Gordon, man of science, chemist and cross-dresser.

As so many others have said, this teaming would lend itself to a series of short adventures, if you wanted. And I also thought around page 2, that there would be a supernatural twist at the end, and really felt it coming with all those crows gathering during a very loud gun battle!

As soon as I finish this list of westerns, I will visit your page and start reading your other works. Thank you very much for this tale.

texquilltexquillover 6 years ago
WHAT A TALE!!

As usual, Todd pulled some REALLY strange stuff out of his head and came up with a wonderfully entertaining yarn. As with all his work, this is a five-star effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well done!

I would like to add my vote for more tales of these two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great job!

It took me a spell to get over the story not being from The Shack, but I soon got over that and enjoyed the hell out of it!

5 stars!

teedeedubteedeedubover 6 years ago
I really

like your stuff. This was an interesting little piece and a lot of fun to read. But, I am really looking forward to more of 'the shack'. Kudo's to your wife for getting you to share this stuff with us................ thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This was nice...

-jaye-

PapaMikePapaMikeover 6 years ago
I doubt that

Barnabas would have worn a tuxedo coat. More likely a swallow-tail.

BAnde53507BAnde53507about 5 years ago
Wonderful

A bit hard to follow in some places, superlative none the less. They should get a (many) sequels.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
I like it

A lot.

I smiled when you mentioned, "Load one, skip one, load four" (or words to that effect.) My grandfather showed me how, and why, with his Colt SAA when I was twelve or so. I still do it with my Ruger "flat top". Never did send it in for the free hammer block recall..

I was really glad when I counted shots and you had him only use five. A really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
New genre for Todd172

Despite writing outside your comfort zone, you’ve written a believable, compelling story for us greenhorns. You are a top-notch storyteller. Thank you! Please keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WOW!

I'm amazed that not only can you write remarkably well, but that you seem to do it in many genres. Loved this. 5*s

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 4 years ago
You are VERY good at this!

I'm three stories into your work...and dazzled by your details!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Mushroom poisoning?

Very convenient the Uncle dying of liver failure. Great way to get away and have an alibi because some poisonings take a week or two to do the job.

Excellent story and writing! Keep it up.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Love you storytelling

Great story again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved it as much as I love every story Todd writes. He's just that good of an author that I've loved them all.

For those who want to throw their money at Todd here is a comment that he put in a place where very few would read it.

We have novelized the first three Needles and Delaney stories into an ebook on Amazon, titled, originally enough as "Needles and Delaney." We did that partly because so many have asked us to, partly because it was just something new to do, and partly as to protect the work - there are people who skim sites for stories then publish them as ebooks under false names. Some of the real heavy hitters here have had that happen to them.

Doc Spirit 3

jimjam69jimjam69almost 3 years ago

An interesting and intriguing story. My only complaint is that you make characters that are so memorable I need to see more of them!

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

Loved your foray into the western genre. You and the Mrs. Are the best writers in this site. Would love to see another tale of these two bounty hunters. Keep up the great work. I did purchase your “Needles and Delaney” just so I could support your work.

DreadWriter6969DreadWriter6969about 2 years ago

We live in the West and we have friends who participate in gunfights in the central square of our home town. I love wearing the costume of a soiled dove who gallantly gives first aid to the poor cow puncher who falls in the fight. A little shot of something barbarously named is always part of the aid given our shootists!

I loved the story! I'm looking for a nice little pepper-box to hide in my bustle...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just wanted to state that the relationship that you show towards your wife is a real inspiration to all men of real character. Your stories show great heart towards female leads and that also is so commendable. While I did not rate this story as it is not my fare, I do love the warmth in it and the credits that you give. Thank you, sincerely.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Oddly enough I have passed by this story many times. The 'Patent Medicine Show' through me off.

I really should know better as I dearly love Todd172 and the Missus' stories. 5* is no wheres near enough.

There is so very much hinted at in this story to bring about a novel length book.

Would that there could be one that I might purchase it.

Along with The Harpy and The Fury.

texlootexlooover 1 year ago

I wish there were more stories with these characters. They are a great example of classic pulp fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

third reading. Still heartwarming; a sequel covering the Boston venture would be droll. Then again, write whatever floats your boat - all of your stories are many-read worthy. lpw

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent. Reminded of Mark Knopfler, Prairie Wedding.

5*

FmypcktFmypcktabout 1 year ago

Once again I am really struck by, drawn into and, highly entertained by your story telling. I’ve nearly read everything you’ve posted here and will definitely not miss a one in the end. Bravo!

In case you, or anyone, is interested…

Your comments at the close regarding “hysteria” reminded me of a 2011 movie by that title. In it a young doctor goes to extraordinary lengths to “treat” the condition. It also, as you suggested, leads to the invention of the vibrator. At least that’s what the movie directs us to believe.

Eager for my next read from you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Marvelous twist in theme but nonetheless engaging!

dgfergiedgfergie7 months ago

As usual our author's talents show in his writing. Western or modern day shoot outs seem to flow naturally from his pen. (sounds better than computer) Lady killer is still my favorite story along with Needles and Delaney, and of course I bought the book! Keep writing please!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Please accept my thanks and pass a set on to your wife!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Awe. The amount of researched detail and historical context is as fascinating as the story plot itself. It certainly was not predictable as was the strong women's reasoning and rapport. You have a knack for this as a couple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Fantastic! Can’t wait to see it on screen! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

While it wasn’t ’Riders of the Purple Sage’, I’m sure Louis L’Amour and Matt Braun would enjoy the story.

I certainly do.

Five by five

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
4170 Followers
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

SIMILAR Stories