All Comments on 'Promises Pt. 12'

by Michael_Butterfield

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very satisfying ending to the saga.

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
Excellent

Complex characters and character development

with all the necessary elements of a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I felt it was short. But any good story will feel that way. But I also feel that things are not 100% resolved.

Especially when "call me Kira...." was said. What's going on? What does it all really mean? Are the twins delivered healthy? Does Peter's new project come to life? And, what happens when they all hit the pool ;-)

ender2k2kender2k2kover 2 years ago

That was a really original story to me. Lots of twists and turns that truly surprised me. Very interesting characters too. Can’t wait to read your next story. Thanks

mcollectmcollectover 2 years ago

Kept me entertained for the whole time. Great story and I can't wait for the next adventure you write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed your story, it gets a little cheesy at times, but it was sweet. and entertaining. This was definitely worth the time it took to read it.

Thank you for your time , and the effort you put into entertaining us. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed your writing. Three very unique, well fleshed out characters had me reading the whole thing in a day.

crashwell58crashwell58over 2 years ago

Exceptional.

It’s truly a pleasure to read a story where the spelling, punctuation, and grammar rarely - if ever - get in the way of the narrative or characters.

But that’s just mechanics.

The idea was brilliant. The implementation was equally so. I’m glad I found your writings. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent story

gorillaTgorillaTabout 2 years ago

great story, almost sad it came to an end. It needed to though because I haven't slept since I started it. by the way you worried about spencer's death, and seemed to want to justify it through Peter's disability and thought process, but when confronted with evil you just destroy it . you never take pleasure in it's destruction, but only in the knowing that it will never cause harm again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding! I thoroughly enjoyed it and am in love with Kira.

Jim

strebor190strebor190almost 2 years ago

Excellent series. Loved all the character development and the detailed story line. That was quite a plot twist with finding out about Teri/Kira's episodes and a little sad at first thinking it meant that things couldn't work out for Peter and her. Glad to see it was able to all be worked out and quite happy with how everything was resolved. Thanks for the effort put into writing this story and the great read.

GoosebumpgiverGoosebumpgiveralmost 2 years ago

Great piece of work. I especially loved the slow burn. Great plot too. Thanks for all you time and efforts. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding.

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

Great story that kept me guessing.

Handyman100Handyman100over 1 year ago

Interesting story. Since the first doctor was so wrong, wouldn't it be possible to consider that instead of a congenital absence of a vagina, Teri/Kira really has an imperforate hymen, and, with a little bit of surgery, she and Peter could have normal intercourse. Just a thought for a sequel.

gorillaTgorillaTover 1 year ago

Great story. You done good. Waiting for your next one!!!

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

You have bowled me over. I did not see a way you could bring this long story to a satisfactory conclusion. You have surpassed my expectations amazingly. ////

Here's my big-picture take. You titled your narrative "Promises." Recurringly, Peter demonstrated that he could not continue to be Peter unless he kept and fulfilled his promises. Promise-keeping was the key to his identity; it was his integrity. Teri was the shell that was left when Kira died. Successive versions of Kira lived short but glorious lives. Teri tried to weave the remnants of Kira and Kira's imagination into her novels in the person of Maya. Through the redemptive power of the love she received as a member of the triad comprising Peter, Anna, and Kira, Teri achieved her own integrity and the integrated Kitty Theresa Zwilling emerged as Kira resurrected in her fullness. ////

Now THAT's a story to rock the ages.

AvidReader314314AvidReader314314over 1 year ago

Just plain great. Michael is a great writer, great character development and location development as well as a great story with lots of twists and turns.

Mort8Mort8over 1 year ago

You are a remarkable storyteller, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beats the heck outa me how you dreamed up that complicated and far-ranging storyline, but it was magnificent! Splendid work!

Lifeguard21044Lifeguard2104411 months ago

A fun read from an adventure writer. I must admit that there were times that I felt that it was almost over-baked, waiting for a top-hatted villain tying Kira/Teri to the railroad track just as the 5:15 from Jackson is about to arrive. Extremely well written and edited. I’ve now read all your works and yearn for more.

Reddog222Reddog22211 months ago

What a great read. Plot kept me going till the end.

WordcraftWordcraft9 months ago

Another awesome read from Michael_Butterfield! Five Stars.

MeyerFreitagMeyerFreitag7 months ago

A truly great series. This story was riveting and sexy. Very well done, sir.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Ok this story was wild, loved the twists and turns. 5 stars

69karoo69karoo7 months ago

Wow the twists tangents etc had me glued to this tale well done really enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Realistic? Not even (from early on, how did Kira have a passport when she’d never traveled, and when her parents wouldn’t let her leave the house?). Interesting and fun? Sure.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

More twists and turns than a Kansas tornado and twice as powerful. Well done. More?

whooaremewhooareme4 months ago

I have an innate ability to read plots and figure them out ahead of the final chapter but, you got me on this one! Looking back there were a few clues but wow, maybe if I would have started all over with chapter two before reading the final chapter I might have gotten an inkling, maybe. Well Done! (The Whoo)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is the best story I've read on this site by a mile. I've spent the evening reading all 12 episodes. I've read a few of the stories on this site, and most are not very well written. This is an order of magnitude better.

Its plot is intricate, the characters interesting and well drawn, and there are twists I didn't see coming. Simply brilliant. Actually, if you put it out as a novel people would pay money to read it. I certainly would. Hope you write more.

SexLife00SexLife00about 2 months ago

A fun spy novel, and abduction tale, with some spicy sex. Well written with many plot twists and turns, and can clearly see the author loved these characters.

Like Michael's other stories (e.g. "Life raft"), you've got to really turn off your normal filters trying to guess how much of this story is probable or not. It is really difficult trying to explain to someone else these plot details.....

(Spoilers) (Spoilers) (Spoilers) (Spoilers) (Spoilers) (Spoilers) (Spoilers)

...a main character has a rare genetic condition that means she has no vagina, is bisexual and child-like but also with womanly breasts, was abducted, not once but a few times, that her husband never tried having sex with her, oh and he's a member of a mafia family, that a hotel employee is secretly filming them and is wanting to harm her, never mind the abductor. And after all of this, the same character also has a split personality, and doesn't remember her lover, oh and is still being stalked. And she is the only way that the couple consisting of a lesbian woman and straight man can have sexual relations... I guess you've got to suspend more than reality here, but, few of us can...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Maybe you should start looking into selling the movie rights!!!!! Or maybe Hollywood isn't ready for a woman without a vagina thinking that too many would assume she was previously otherwise equiped.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMichael_Butterfield@Michael_Butterfield
The first fiction I ever wrote (outside of grade school assignments anyway) was a short piece of erotica that I first shared here at Lit. Somehow an Editor’s Choice award was bestowed upon it, but at my request that early and clumsy effort was eventually removed and I focused ...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Promises Pt. 11 Previous Part
Promises Series Info