All Comments on 'Psych'

by Tall_poppy

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
lilbit29lilbit29over 13 years ago
great start

Really like this story and cant wait for next chapter keep it up

CharleenWCharleenWover 13 years ago
Fab start to story

Really enjoyed this? I know this has only just gone up, but how long do we have to wait for more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thank You!

Wonderful story - but please don't be swayed by those asking you to rush Chapter 2. Take however much time you need to get it just right.

xx

Tall_poppyTall_poppyover 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Hi ladies & uhh.. Anonymous :) Appreciate the comments greatly. The 2nd chapter is almost finished & the pace is VERY different. It's kind of wall to wall action as opposed to the setting of the scene. I just really like character development and backstory but I know it's not for everyone. I'm hoping to post it sometime in the next week or so & I hope you enjoy it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

love the Xena/Callisto visual on the two women!

Tall_poppyTall_poppyover 13 years agoAuthor
Chapter 2

Hey everyone - thanks for all the positive mails I've been receiving. I've answered those I could, but for those who mailed anonymously I thought I'd let you know Chapter 2 is currently 'pending' & should hopefully be posted by tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy...

Poppy

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Can't suspend disbelief--this isn't Hollywood.

You lost me on the second page. No therapist worth a damn would ever consort with a patient--beyond the risk of career/professional suicide and legal action. There are VERY clear and strict laws set forth by the state, with VERY real and severe consequences. Losing her license to practice, and her livelihood, would be the least of her worries.

In most states, if a therapist/counselor wants to have that kind of relationship, the minimum wait period is 5 years. And even then, it's incredibly dicey.

Coming from a family of respected Psychiatrists and Psychologists I can tell you, for a fact, that this relationship would never have progressed to even a hug. And even then, Eva would have to excuse her self as Chloe's therapist (from the moment she first started to have feelings), forcing her to seek counseling elsewhere.

That's not to say such things don't happen. Some therapists do take advantage of their patients or carry on untoward/unprofessional relationships, but they don't last, and once found out are never heard from again.

Now, not to be a complete bitch, I will say you are a very fine writer. In fact, beyond your premise, I like your writing.

I give your writing a 4, but your premise a 1.

Tall_poppyTall_poppyover 13 years agoAuthor
Dear Anonymous (again) -

I thank you for your comment. After reading your comment about part 2, I realised immediately that you had a personal basis for your outrage & I agree with you wholeheartedly that the above would possibly be career suicide for any therapist. Granted, this is not Hollywood: it's LITEROTICA, a place where imagination & fantasy run riot. I am acquainted with the world of therapy & therapists, hence I tried to give consideration to the professional ethics involved rather than have them hump with abandon from the outset. I say again: nothing happens while they see each other professionally & if you noticed I attempted to make Evas situation at least a little realistic by saying she was in therapy herself to deal with her feelings & took a leave of absence to try and sort things out. I am very aware not everyone will like my stories, and I thank you for your comments about my writing, but I do feel you have overlooked a few key elements in your annoyance.

Bob_AganoushBob_Aganoushover 13 years ago
Great start to the story

You are an excellent writer, and I think the pacing is just fine. Establishing the characters and scenario makes all the sense in the world. As for the person who said it's not realistic -- therapists cross that boundary all the time, they're human like anyone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wow.

That was amazing, please keep writing I love the story and your characters a re amazing. I'm going off to read part 2 now (:

Ex0ticPrincessEx0ticPrincessalmost 13 years ago

Wow, that was amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Oh jeez

I love this a lot. A LOT. Your writing is excellent and I love the pacing and the emotion and thought put into the story. I am sure chapter two will not disappoint, off to read it now. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Someone needs a hug :)

Wow Anon 12/29/10 needs a hug by Eva lol

I loved it, great build up and very nicely written and more believable than a vast majority of the writing in this category :) x

idrubloodidrubloodalmost 12 years ago
A great start.

I loved the buildup of the story, was just perfect. Can’t wait to read part 2. My thanks to the author for sharing.

link88link88about 10 years ago
@anon that was bashing the plot

Your main excuse that it would nvr happen is that eva would have dropped the client b4 she got too attracted to get to the point where she would be more important than her career. Well you have seemed to overlook the fact that the author cleverly made it to where by the time she realized she had any attraction at all, she was already in too deep. Due to her tricking herself that she's not bi.

link88link88about 10 years ago
not to mention,

he said, "this is not Hollywood". XD wtf!? Is he implying smut stories are real life?Wut a fuckin tard. Hell, these stories are usually quite farfetched. More so than Hollywood on average

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 9 years ago
Incredible!!!

I see why this story made the Hall of Fame and I encourage other to read it too.

SapphoLustSapphoLustabout 9 years ago
ONE of the BEST STORIES I ever read!

Hope you're working on a novel by now!

let us know so we can support it!

Tall_poppyTall_poppyabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Every few months I stop by and read what people have said about my 2 stories. Thank you all for your positive feedback & as ever, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I know a few people have indicated they'd like to read more about the girls, but I feel their story is written and I'm happy with where I left it :) Sorry about that!

Tall Poppy

TSreaderTSreaderabout 7 years ago
A heartbreaking and lovely story

After reading the first story of Cloe and Paula I was heartbroken at the start of this, but then you've courageously brought it back together! Thank you!

Nightfall64Nightfall64over 4 years ago
Damn

I'm a sucker for happy endings and nearly lost it when you killed Paula off like that, however I do love your writing, being widowed myself I guess these two stories really touched something in me and I found myself reading on when I really wanted to stop after Paula died, anyway I think you're a really good writer .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous