Quincunx Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Xen walked me back to the stables where we had a few moments while the horse was harnessed.

"Will I see you tonight?" she asked as we walked over to the fence.

"Yes, I was thinking that this time you should come stay with me," I answered.

"Huh?"

"I'll make the void and you come through to the Inn. That way the noise won't matter," I explained.

"That's a good idea, we can do that."

"Good. If he has house to let, I'll come and consult you; you know the town and where you'd like to live."

"Trollywood Hills," she replied gaily, "but it would cost a small fortune."

"I'll have to see then," I answered, chuckling.

She moved closer and wrapped her arm around mine as she grasped my hand.

"I almost can't believe this is really happening. You're here and my parents have accepted the idea of me getting married. That we'll be officially be living together in a matter of a week. Things I could only dream of, coming true," she said, her head canted towards to me.

"All of this is like a dream to me, my powers most of all. Meeting you and finding you loved me is the cream on top. Things have turned out so perfect; it's like my secret wish has been granted."

"Mm, yes. We're two lucky people," she said reflectively.

"Aren't we," I replied, pondering the chain of events that brought me here.

The whinnying of the horse drew my attention, glancing over I saw the stableman drawing the reins up to the seat.

"It looks like I'm ready. I'll call on you late tonight," I said, giving her hand a squeeze.

"I'll be waiting," she replied, returning the squeeze.

I walked the horse and cart back to the front of the house and we embraced and kissed before I mounted the cart and left. I was left to my thought, a mixture of gladness that things had gone so well and worry about the situation on the Far Isles.

I only had a vague idea of the direction and distance of the Far Isles. One of my tasks before I retired to my room to conjure an eye would be to visit the docks and find a sailor who would know.

Right now though, I was headed for the councilman's office, the sooner I could arrange accommodation, the sooner Xen could move in with me. I let the horse lead me to the stables and booked it for the next day.

With the directions fresh in my mind, I headed out on foot for the council offices.

The guard at the door barred my way. "State your business," he ordered.

"I'm here to see Councilman Blundl, I met with him this morning at the council meeting," I replied.

He withdrew his arm and I walked in. To my right were stairs, curling around the wall. In front of me, a desk and a man seated behind it.

"Can you direct me to Blundl's office?" I asked as I walked towards him.

"Up the stairs, third on the right," he replied.

Maintaining my dignity, I wheeled around and climbed the stairs. When I got to the third door, I knocked and waited, then knocked again.

The door opened, "Yes?" asked a young girl.

"I'd like to see the councilman, tell him it's Davor, from the meeting this morning," I replied.

"One moment," she said, before ducking back inside and closing the door.

After some tens of seconds, the door opened again and the girl said, "Come in," as she stepped aside.

I entered, seeing a smaller desk in the corner opposite and a much bigger one to my right with the councilman rising to greet me.

"Welcome, to what do I owe this visit?"

"Seanne, Xen's mother, recommended you. I'm intending to marry Xen and settle here and I'm looking for a house to either rent long term or buy," I stated, crossing to him.

He sat again. "Have a seat," he said, leaning forward on the desk.

We talked and he listed several and I picked out the two big ones, one with four family bedrooms and two servants, while the other had two extra guest bedrooms and four servant rooms.

I told him that I'd like Xen to look at them and after telling him I'd collect Xen and meet him at his office the next morning, he offered to collect me and then Xen in his carriage and then take us to view the houses.

With this all agreed, I thanked him and left. My next task was to get an approximation for the Far Isles, and I headed for the docks. I picked the first big ship I came to and walked half way up the gangplank before shouting, "Hello the ship!"

As I stopped at the top, a head appeared as someone climbed out of a hatchway.

"Hello stranger, what can we do for you?"

"I was wondering if you had any maps showing the position of the Far Isles?" I asked.

"Why would you want that?"

"Does that matter if I'm prepared to pay for the information?"

"How much?"

"A silver or two," I answered.

"Ah, the magic words, follow me."

He led me up onto the quarter deck then across to the stairs to the poop deck.

"Wait," I stopped him as he mounted the steps. "You keep you maps out in the open?"

He grabbed my arm, pulling a dagger and bringing it threateningly to my face.

"Give me...." was all he had to say before the fire spell I'd cast on his dagger made it too hot to hold. "...Ow!" he shouted, throwing it aside and releasing me.

A wind spell threw him against the far rail and pinned him there.

"Do you have the maps?" I asked calmly.

"Yes," he gasped.

I dropped the wind. "Then let's try again shall we."

He got warily back to his feet and edged around me. "They're in the Captain's day cabin; you'll need his permission to enter there."

"Then take me to the captain," I ordered. "You don't want to upset me twice," I warned in my best menacing tone.

He kept his eye on me as he crabbed his way down to the door. Opening it he said, "The captain's cabin is at the end of the corridor."

"Lead on then," I prompted.

Very reluctantly, he ducked through the door and, still with his body turned to keep a half eye on me he shuffled down to the door with the Captain plaque on it. He knocked and stepped back as I edged forward.

"Enter," came a strong voice.

As I opened the door, the sailor hurried away behind me. The captain was a big man with a weather beaten face. "Yes?" he asked.

"I would beg a favour; I'd like to look at your maps and get an idea of the direction and distance of the Far Isles," I stated.

"That's a strange request..." he said his brows furrowing deeper wrinkles

"It is. You've no doubt heard of the troubles there?"

"Aye."

Well, I'm a newly-qualified wizard and I need to send a magical eye there. Trouble is, I don't know where they are, that's why I'm here looking."

"Ye don't want to seem foolish asking your fellows, hey? Well you're in luck, I've got the charts ye need, here take a look," he said, reaching to select one of the folded papers on the side of his desk.

Measured out, it was one hundred and seventy three times the distance between us and the mainland and almost exactly South South East. I left feeling confident I could find them and headed back to my hotel.

Up in the privacy of my room, I conjured my eye and sent it soaring aloft, pushing it as fast as I could. From the level of the clouds, I had a spectacular view of the shadow speckled ocean below.

I kept a sharp look out in front as we past the fifteen minute mark even though I reckoned it would take at least twenty minutes. It took five minutes longer before a smudge on the horizon a little to the left proved to be what I was seeking.

I turned towards the islands and angled down, only slowing as I got near enough to make out the town and castle on the main island. I scouted around the town first, finding everything looking normal, then I turned my attention to the castle.

The keep was encircled in what I can only describe as darkness. There was a barrier that the eye couldn't penetrate. I was tempted to try a void but no doubt the wizard council had tried that as well.

After fixing a few views in my memory, I dropped the spell and lay back on the bed realising I was none the wiser. If I was to make a proper investigation, then it would have to be in person, not a step I needed to take just yet; the next move was the wizard councils to make.

My next objective was to learn more about the device. I wistfully wished I still had access to the university library, though no doubt the all relevant books would be in use already.

Gulic was my best source here, though I doubt he would have much on magical weapons from centuries ago. At least he was in communication with the university and would have the latest news.

I was tempted to visit Swapswisle, his position put him in the thick of things, but the risk of exposing myself was too great. I could leave a note on his desk for him to find in the morning and communicate with him that way.

If I could get him to leave one of the better books on his desk overnight, it would be easy for me to draw it through and read it. It was probably too late to try today but I could compose a note for the morning, I should ask at the desk if they have pen and paper.

I looked out, gauging the time to be near enough tea time and decided to try the Inn's food. I had a fish dish and a fruit pudding, along with a bottle of wine. Feeling satisfied with my full belly and the glow of the wine, I made my way back to my room to wait till it was late enough to invite Xen over.

After half an hour of gnawing on the bone of how to tackle the unknown weapon, I wondered if I wouldn't be better visiting home. I could use the opportunity to count out a thousand golds to cover the cost of the house.

I could leave it readily accessible for me to collect tomorrow with a quick visit to my hotel room while they waited for me downstairs. As I sat up I had a further thought, tonight was a likely night for visitors so it might be better just sorting the money.

Sitting on the side of the bed, I conjured a void before me and pictured the other end in my bedroom. I was surprised to see my younger brother, Ronier, in view as it opened out.

"Ron," I greeted him as I stepped out.

He looked at me slack jawed for a moment longer then replied, "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same," I answered. "I'm here to retrieve some things I'll need tomorrow."

"Good, we were going to store your stuff in the attic. I asked father, as you've moved out he said I could have your room," he stated.

"Ah, well I guess I'll be using the guest room on my next official visit."

I couldn't complain, I didn't need it any more and it was much bigger than his.

"So what was it you wanted?" he asked.

"Gold from the chest, enough to buy a house," I replied.

The mention of gold got his full attention.

"Where have you got that much gold from?"

"I stole it from a thief, it's lucky I did now," I replied walking over to the chests of gold. "I'm hoping a thousand will cover it, it's in the expensive part of town," I explained.

Kneeling before one, I opened it and could only wonder how muck wealth was there. I grabbed a handful and counted out a stack of ten.

"I'll give you a hand," Ron said, kneeling beside me.

It took us ten minutes or more to count out the sum. Looking at the stacks on the floor Ron exclaimed. "You're going to need a strong bag to carry all that."

"A strong wooden box is more like it," I said wryly.

"One of the boxes the crockery came in would suit you. I've just seen them in the attic," he said excitedly.

"Fine, go bring a suitable one for me," I replied.

As he hurried off, I got up and moved over to the bed to sit there. He was back in less than a minute.

"The dinner plate one looked about the right size," he said, putting a squarish box down next to the stacks of coins.

"Is it empty?" I asked, standing.

"Yes," he said, lifting the lid.

"Stand back," I said, signalling with my hand.

As he did, I mentally commanded the coins to lift themselves up and into the box. Ron watched, amazed at the sight.

"Coolio," he said softly.

"Yes," I agreed. "You can put the lid back on now."

Though he would be up and gone by the time I needed to collect it, with a few spells it would be safe in my hotel room till then.

"Okay, that's me finished, thanks for the help," I said walking towards the box.

"Aren't you going to pop in on Mother and Father?" he asked.

"No, why disturb them for a quick hello goodbye; I'll be bringing Xen for a visit soon, so we'll have time then."

"Oh okay."

I put on the performance of swirling my hand to open the void, then pointed my finger at the box and had it lift up and float through.

"I'll see you soon," I said as I stepped through after it.

I lowered it out of sight on the far side of the bed and then settled down on the bed myself. I mentally cast a few spells to glue it to the floor and armour it against even battle axe blows.

I wondered what Xen was doing and after a moment's contemplation, created an eye and sent it to her bedroom. It was dark and empty; with a twinge of disappointment, I quashed the spell and laid back.

There was nothing much to do now but wait for Xen to go to bed; I'd check again in half hour or so. My thoughts stayed with Xen, drifting from the promise of loving her tonight and onto her and I living together in a few days time.

When I tried next time, I found a lighted candle on the dressing table but all else undisturbed. I took it as a sign that she wouldn't be long and sat back on the edge of the bed, turning the eye to watch the door.

It took a few minutes for her to enter, and as she paused to close the door, I opened up a void between us.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, a little surprised.

"Hi, I missed you," I said slipping off the bed to stand before the hole between us.

"I missed you," she replied hurrying over.

"Wait, you'd better undress first," I said, holding my hand up.

"Huh?" she queried, stopping.

"Leave your day clothes here. If anyone visits they'll think you can't have gone far in your nightdress," I explained.

"Now one will disturb me, but why not," she replied with a shrug.

She began undoing her blouse then turned to present me with her back. "Undo my skirt, will you?" she asked.

I stepped forward and undid the buttons, letting it fall around her ankles. At the same time, she shucked of her blouse, catching it on one of her arms. Stepping out of the skirt, she turned and dipped down to pick it up.

Walking over to the bed, she hung the clothes over the footboard and sat. Taking her shoes off, she put them at the side the turned and picked her nightdress from the pillow. Slipping off the bed, she pulled the covers down the turned to me.

"Ready," she declared, approaching me.

My shaft had stiffened in anticipation and the erotic sight of her near-naked body. Her eyes caught the tent in my pants.

"I see you're ready as well," she said with a giggle.

"With such delights on offer," I replied, holding out my hand.

Taking it, I turned and stepped back through the hole, bringing Xen with me. I let the void fade as Xen stepped close enough to start undoing my pants. Eagerly, I took my shirt off while Xen teased my dangler as she undid the buttons.

She stripped my underclothes as well as she crouched to pull my pants down to my knees.

"Wait," I cried, tossing my shirt aside, "let me sit and get my shoes off."

"Lift your foot," she ordered.

Putting my hand on her head for balance, I lifted a foot and let her remove the shoe and push my clothes off. She repeated it for my other leg while my prodder hovered inches from her head.

With two feet on the ground, I bent forward, hands under her arms, to lift her. As she stood, my arms slipped around her back and I tilted my head to her upturned face to kiss her.

My prodder felt warm and hard between us and the little wiggle she gave as she pressed herself against me sent a shivery thrill through me.

"Let's get on the bed," she whispered huskily as she broke the kiss.

"Mm, yes," I said softly as I released her.

She kept one arm around me as I turned and walked her to the bed. As we got to its side, I turned and scooped her up, then placed her on the bed. I clambered up and swung my leg over her hips to straddle her.

"Let me take my nickers off," she said laughingly.

I lifted up to let her reach down and slip them over her hips. As she lowered herself, I lifted my knee back over her and slipped them off as she raised her legs. As I turned back to face her, she reached out and pulled me over on top of her.

Our lips met in a full on twisty kiss, our tongues shifting back and fore as they caressed. I could feel her hardening nipples pressing against me and lifted to slip a hand over her breast.

When she broke the kiss, she pushed my head down to let my mouth find her nipple. While I was suckling that, it wasn't long before my free hand found its way down between her thighs.

As I started to shift to go down on her she stopped me. "No, I want you to prod me," she pleaded.

My prodder twitched its approval of her words as I manoeuvred between her parting legs. Our lovemaking was short and frantic but sweet enough, especially at the end when her throbbing vagina took me over the edge as well.

12