All Comments on 'Quixotic Rapprochement'

by MindsMirror

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just amazing.

Recommend this for anyone wanting a story that has it all. Not your everyday one-and-done type of story. No wonder it won. ^^

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love and sex belong together -- naturally.

Great story. Love and sex belong together -- naturally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Delight and Sadness

Delight because it was wonderfully written and sadness because it came to an end. Like a few other memorable stories, I'll file this away on my mental bookshelf. I might not pull it down often, but when I do it will be with all the fondness of the first reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What is Different About MindsMirror's Stories

Of course, this is another 5* story. This time I asked myself what is different about this story from many others on this site. My background is physics and engineering so I acknowledge that I don't know what I am describing but I know something is different. For one, the story seems to seamlessly move focus from character to character so the reader gets a one-on-one relationship with each character. The depth of each character seems to match closely to their contribution to the story. There is no magic or unrealistic parts of the plot.

The story started a little slow to gather a little background but once we were on the road the pace was consistent. The erotic parts of the story were in good taste and always referenced the background of the characters and the story plot. The sex always seemed to accomplish a part of the longer-term plot. The writing is very impressive (editing included).

I am thankful that the author, MindsMirror, took the time to render such a great contribution to literature and is willing to share the fruits of his/her labor. How would a reader discover if MindsMirror publishes longer or more complex stories in a commercial venue?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
She's so lovely

Although the thread of the story was about Paul and Emma, I had a perception that she was the main character despite you(vous) had only depicted her for three pages, because Emma's part was already fading away in my mindflow. I feel so sad about Joie, so moved by her that I became uncomfortable about it and her last words not only broke me into tears but caused me a mild depression that lasted for a whole afternoon as if I was there with her and loving her. Their happiest moments was depicted in a rapid manner and I think that was intentional in order to make it more devastating. Even in these lines, I cannot feel happy for them because it all seemed like a mirage before despair and they were so disconnected without many deep conversations despite their love was intense; sorrow was bounded with love at the outset of their relationship. Never did any story nor book had made me so melancholic as your story up till this day, thank you for writing this.

Off to learn French now, au revoir.

Rapier875Rapier875almost 5 years ago
Wonderful !

I've apparently read this before, as I'd already given it 5 Stars, but I've no recollection of it and was very surprised to see I had read it !

Anyhow, like your other stories of yours I've read again in the past week, it was just brilliant,

Just a shame you can't get your stories to a wider readership. Just why is the western world so hung up on sex related matters ? Anyone would think most people don't do it. I think the word I'm looking for is 'hypocrisy'.

Anyway, I loved it !

Rapier

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WaRnInG! wArNiNg!

Adjective overload.

≧☉_☉≦

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
great build-ups

Constant renewal of the chase and pretty sweet too boot

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absolutely riveting !

Outstanding storytelling, plausible plots. It read like a true love story!

TSreaderTSreaderover 4 years ago
A beautiful story

Wonderfully written! There are so many things to love about this story; but most important is the love they share! Thank you!

cleveland1rockscleveland1rocksover 4 years ago
Wonderful

What a wonderful story. The characters are so beautifully displayed and you all the erotica was PART of the STORY, not THE STORY! Nicely done. I will admit that at the end, Em fucking her ass with the vibrator, and Squirt” fucking her with her ass filled was perfect and one of my favorite activities. THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Part 2 when

loved this story second part is when

Honoric8Honoric8over 4 years ago
Excellent

I've read a lot of stories from this site & this is right up there with the best - very nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Stunning story

Aside from the erotica the story line is superb. This old romantic wept a number of times. I have read all of MindsMirror's work and none has disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Really Great

Story was full of love and connections. The only down side was the fanciful nature of the money he had; especially back in the 1980's. Still a terrific tale. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow

This story is seriously amazing. The plot is so detailed and interesting. I also loved the characters and the sex of course.

And I’m also extremely happy about the realistic sex in this too. Finally a story with foreplay and pussy eating not just boring intercourse lol

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearover 3 years ago

A beautiful, loving, and sad story. This is the first of yours I believe I have read. I loved it, It's romantic, dramatic, erotic, Sad, and Joyous. I wish the ages were better defined though. In the beginning I thought Emily was only a few years older (4 or 5) only to figure out later she like 10 plus years older. Now it doesn't matter really it was just confusing. Then the end when Em found out she was pregnant the whole conversation didn't make sense. I'm sure I missed something. Best I can figure, she got pregnant in high school and had an abortion than told she couldn't have any more because of it. That is just a guess since it was never discussed. again not important, but confusing and distracting.

MindsMirrorMindsMirrorover 3 years agoAuthor

The ages weren't exact, but could easily be calculated. It was referenced several times, the first of which was on page 1. "My sister, Emma, had graduated from the same university when I was about five ..."

-MM

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
This is my second

time reading this, I just loved it so much! I thought I had commented on it the first time but I guess not. Loved every word!

shyspudshyspudover 3 years ago

so so so very good... i was enraptured from the very first page.

Thank you so much for a wonderful read

Bammerman76Bammerman76over 3 years ago
Wish I could vote again

I am re-reading some of my favourite stories and really wishing I could vote for them again. Well done as always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

She's his mother?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I had to laugh at anon's comment below.

She's his mother ? I am no longer the densest person on this site. Yes she is.

shyspudshyspudabout 3 years ago

truly wonderful. You have a gift and am amazed you never wrote more. Thank you

SubmergedCannonSubmergedCannonabout 3 years ago

Been reading your work for a while, and was initially turned off of clicking on this story due to the name. I curse my old self for doing so... should have just bucked up and done the 2 second Google search to define "Quixotic". Incredible story. Raw and heartfelt, with a build up, tear down, and conclusion second to none. Screw all the comments about writing style and hyphens.

With that being said, I long for some sort of sequel/origin story to this. Maybe something through Emma's POV that solidifies who Paul's actual parents are once and for all? I had a hunch from the "second mama" comment that Emma was his mother, and all the other context clues solidified that idea, but not entirely confident who the father is outside of Emma's comment that Pops doesn't like that Paul is more like Jimmy than him. Or maybe you'd like the reader to make their own assumptions? Cruel...very cruel, but admirable.

Hope COVID has treated you two well. Look forward to reading whatever you release next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Damn!!! There needs to be a higher rating than 5. Like, maybe a 10! Great story and great writing. Thank you many times over.

teekjayteekjayalmost 3 years ago

This isn't just an erotic story. This is a work of art.

I thought my emotions had peaked when Joie told Paul about the failed pregnancy. But I was a basket case from the point she told him about her terminal illness. Tears were shed and my heart was breaking for her and Paul.

You have a gift, my friend. Thank you for sharing it with me and the rest of the readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very, very lovely.

LivingWordsLivingWordsover 2 years ago

I’m speechless. What an incredibly beautiful story. Thank you for sharing this with us

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought the thing could have plausably happened. It was well written and many times made me cry and i dont often cry. But I continued to read on because i was unable to put it down. Im glad the parts that made me cry were there all the way back to when Emma didnt want the love connection with what they had going on. I didnt like that Joy kept her prognosis from him but it made it it more real because i could see where she would want to keep him from suffering over it . An excellent read and I wish there were more.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

A very well written love story, tears at times, the between a brother and sister can be greater than just familia love

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

A very excellent read...................

becker92548becker92548over 2 years ago

Good story. Love, heart break, new found love, teaching of a woman's body & how to please her by ur sister. Having a dream come true and marrying her. Heart break once again after her death. Then back to your sisters loving arms.

Only_connectOnly_connectover 2 years ago

A very fine story, well told

Ohio47ManOhio47Manover 2 years ago

Outstanding! I enjoyed it from beginning to the end! Excellent writing and storytelling.

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 2 years ago

(1/3/2022) This story was an enjoyable read. It was very poignant and a bit dark IMO. The distant familial connection with Joi was unexpected but I guess that the setup for it came from her likeness to Emma and mamma. So Emma has an affair with her uncle Jimmy, she gets pregnant, she has the baby, a year later she goes off to college leaving her baby with Pops and Mamma. Then she returns to the farm with a degree in agriculture to raise her son. Eighteen years later jenny dumps Paul and here starts the story. Am I right or am I reading too much into this?? 5 stars.

Craiger623Craiger623about 2 years ago

I have to say..I’ve read numerous offerings on Literotica but This..this touched my every emotion. A true literary work. Thank you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

this was an absolutely fantastic story. while i've never done anything with family, there were a lot of other aspects of the story that intensely touched me because of similarities in my own life, which though surreal added to my overall enjoyment. my only possible critique is some grammar & punctuation errors here & there, but far less than seen on average pretty much everywhere these days. i commend you on a job well done with a completely engaging, believable, & relatable story.

Marklynda2Marklynda2almost 2 years ago

Absolutely wonderful story!!

Love lost, forbidden love, soulmate found and lost, original soulmate rediscovered and a baby. Doesn't get much better than this. Totally enthralling and well told story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Although I don’t smoke, I feel as if I need to steal some of Pop’s tobacco and go for a long walk in the cornfields before commenting. But, life being what it is, if I don’t comment now, I probably never will. Short of writing a long essay though I won’t even begin to do this story justice.

This wasn’t just the best story I have read on Literotica, it was the best story I have every read, and that includes a lot of classic novels. It’s very unfortunate that it has to be confined to a site where most people won’t come across it, it would do a huge amount of good if it was out there and openly recognised as valuable. The incest was all consensual between adults and that warrants a lot more public discussion and tolerance, instead of the media stories that only focus on those where there is abuse as well. But, while that was a key component of the plot the sex between Paul and Joy was just as erotic as that between Paul and Emma.

The brilliance of the plot and slow build ups to the sex and the really erotic descriptions of it were masterly, but what made this such a great story was the education: the obvious education of the author, the way that has re-inspired me to get better educated, and I suspect will have inspired others in that way too, the recommended reading, both the openly named books (if I can find them) and the alluded to books, especially Don Quxiote. I never did get round to reading it, but will try again, old knight that I now am, living more in mine and other’s imaginations than my own reality. There was also the mini-masterclass in French sex talk. Forty years ago, long before the internet when, I couldn’t have found some of those French words a dictionary, I missed the chance to sleep with a married French woman during a holiday romance because she spoke not English and I didn’t understand what she’d suggested, until she burst into tears the following day wondering why I hadn’t taken her up, but by then it was too late and she was taking me back to the airport. Typical Englishman. Can’t see a Frenchman missing something like that!

But the most important education of all was the one about love and putting one’s partner first. If I’d been able to read a story like this in my teens or twenties, I’d have both given to and got from, a vast amount more from my relationships. If all young people could read it there would be fewer broken marriages in future.

In terms of literature, of course, it would just rank as a short story, yet it included as much action, tension, anticipation and uncertainty as many long novels. As with all great writing, though, I can now see, thanks for the perceptive insight of a others who have commented, that there was more to the story than I’d spotted myself. I’m clearly a bit dumb. I didn’t spot the possible significance of the uncle Jimmy reference, Pop’s attitude, or the mother role play. How thick can you get!

All I can do is thank the author, who should be getting royalties from every one of us. What a pity society is so narrow-minded that s/he (I assume it was written by a man, but who knows – there is ever one moderately serious alternative candidate in the Shakespeare authorship controversy) can’t be openly interviewed on national media about their writing, can’t win book prizes, can’t run creative writing classes for others, well at least not in this genre.

I can see just how much time and effort has gone into this. That’s really valuable public service. I will, of course, now be reading other stories by the author

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, wow, wow! I should have gone for that long walk and smoke after all. I commented before realising just how much more there is to this story. My mind has been processing it while I slept. Sorry if another long comment is a bore, but there’s so much to say.

Incest held much of the story together. It wasn’t the most important aspect for me, the love, learning and honesty topped that, but I was attracted by the sibling incest dimension, while I am not attracted by the idea of mother-son incest, or at least I wasn’t! But I now realise that Emma and Paul weren’t brother and sister, as Paul (and I) still believed at the end of the story, but mother and son. Pops and Mama weren’t Paul’s parents but his half grandparents (as those names half imply). His father was Pop’s brother, Emma’s Uncle Jimmy. It’s actually legal in Australia for an uncle to marry his niece (though not in the US), which presumably means it would also be legal for him to father her child out of wedlock as well? I can’t completely get my head round the mathematics, but it’s legal for first cousins to marry in the UK (though not in many countries), and the risk of a genetic problem rises from 2% average in the general population to 4%, so perhaps to 6% in the case of an uncle-niece child?

Now I think about it, I can see that the clues were liberally scattered in plain sight throughout the story. Paul expected his mother to meet him off the bus, but Emma actually came. She sent him regular parcels when he was at university and on the gruelling trail, she potty trained him, she did his washing without complaint etc, etc, just like a mother would have done. She also knew she had to let go, hard though that was for her, she wanted his happiness above her own, just as he wanted hers above his own. Pretty wonderful, really; I suspect I’d find a lot more clues and associations if I read it again, which I might damn well do sometime.

I can see a strong case for consensual incest between people of similar ages, especially when care is taken to avoid any children. But while the sex between Paul and Emma was entirely consensual it was also based on a lie and that is wrong. That, of course would have spoiled the story and the attraction between Paul and Emma clearly wasn’t just because Paul thought she was his sister.

But in my list of the educational aspects that meant so much to me, I also missed perhaps the most important one of all, Emma, his actual mother rather than his sister, taught him how to satisfy a woman sexually, something which helped to heal her after a failed relationship, and I can now add, her teenage pregnancy. I’m not sure how far I feel mothers should go in this respect and I don’t blame my mother for not teaching me anything about sex at all, she didn’t know herself and it became clear from frank conversations with her in her eighties, that she’d never had an orgasm and as such had no ability to imagine what one might have been like and why they are beneficial. Fifty years on antidepressants might have been avoided if that had been different – antidepressants which I feel somehow contributed to the development of bipolar disorder, which made caring for her very difficult some days and which also became a major impediment to my own timely development.

The problem for me and the girlfriends I never fully satisfied, was that I I also didn’t learn anything from anywhere else until it was essentially too late for me. I didn’t just get no relationship education at school, the most important part (sadly still like most kids even today), I didn’t even get any sex education – I learned it was introduced in my school the year after I left. And while I tried to find sources, in the pre-internet age in a rural community, I found little that was of much help.

This makes me wonder if the reference to the boy in the Dutch story who saved the country from disaster by putting his finger in the hole in the dyke all night was used by MindsMirror as an allegory for the patience and determination a man or a teenager, needs to help his partner reach an orgasm? I suspect it takes longer the first few times, especially if she hasn’t been encouraged and taught how to do that herself through masturbation? The finger in the small hole has obvious sexual connotations and the consequences of failure of failing to stick it out until you are successful are equally catastrophic for couples and nations. There’s also the fact he had to stay there all night, which is relevant too. I doubt if those implications are in the original story, but I’ve never actually read it so will just have to double check that now.

But what about the Don Quixote dimension? Rapprochement is beautifully apt and of course it is quixotic in the sense that the complete harmony and completness in the story is unlikely and impractical. But that applies just as much to Pride and Prejudice and Great Expectations, and to just about every other great story there is. Their value is not in how realistic they are but what we can learn from them. I’m still unsure about the Don Quixote dimensions though. They are clearly there, ‘tilting at windmills, for example. Paul’s surname is also Rosinante. Joy (Joie) calls him Monsieur Rosinante. Although I haven’t yet read Don Quixote, I know that Rosinante was his horse. I thought about Paul riding Emma, though it seems more appropriate to when she is riding him. her riding him. A quick glimpse at the Wikipedia entry for Rosinante makes me begin the understand why I need to read the novel. In the story Rosinante isn’t just Don Quixote’s horse, he is also to an extent his double; that could fit. The same entry also tells me that Rocin in Spanish means both a workhorse and an uneducated man. Paul is sexually/relationship uneducated at the start of the story, despite being academically educated.

Perhaps there’s also a clue in the workhorse. Even once I understood a little about the mechanics of female orgasms (too late, I now know just how many different types there are and how many different techniques are needed) I did not realise just how much effort I needed to put in before I selfishly satisfied myself. Someone somewhere used the analogy they sex is like a train journey where both partners are heading to a wonderful destination, but it all goes wrong when then man gets off one station too early.

I recall that Paul also had a middle name. I can’t recall what it was but I’m now pretty sure that when I check, I will find that it has a double meaning and implications in some way. Wikipedia also mentions that Rosinante has been used by a number of authors, including Steinbeck, as the name of the van in which someone in one of his novels undertakes an epic trip. That could be another deliberate allusion to Paul’s long hike. What’s certain is that MindsMirror has convinced me why I need to read Don Quixote, a novel I’ve long known is considered a masterpiece, but which I never felt inspired to read.

I was wrong to call this a short story in my previous comment. At nearly 60,000 words it’s half the length of a typical modern novel aimed at adults, but the average length of novels aimed at teenagers. That may just be coincidence, but they are they are the most important group that should be reading and analysing the story as they might a DH Lawrence novel or a Shakespeare play.

I wanted a miracle to happen and for Emma to get pregnant at the end, not least so there was someone to inherit the farm. With all those powerful orgasms her cervix would have been hyperactive, bobbing up and down at great speed, and it felt like a possibility. So, the fact that it happened left me feeling more contented than after any other porn story, and there are some other really good ones. But there’s a quixotic dimension here as well, surely, in relation to the probability of that and also the issue of possible genetic problems.

I also can’t help wonder whether MindsMirror has a farming background? I am an uneducated farmer. The agricultural detail in the story on a crop farm is rather vague, but it’s not inaccurate, as in some stories that include farms. The repeated use of the word ‘teat’ is unusual in porn stories. It’s a synonym for nipple of course, and that may be the only reason it gets used so often, but its use is common amongst cattle and sheep farmers.

Through a search, I now see that MindsMirror are a couple. That seems so perfect. They must surely be academics, perhaps retired to have the time, yet still very sexually active? But what type of couple I wonder? There is no lesbian sex. I can’t recall if there is any mention of anal sex at all in the story but one of the reasons I loved it, is that it predominantly (or entirely) featured vaginal and normal heterosexual sex, so I feel they are probably a heterosexual couple. Anal sex has an occasional place in heterosexual relationships when it appeals to both partners, but stories that focus on it do so, I feel, because of deficiencies elsewhere in the relationships they describe, and I speak from the experience of my own deficiencies.

And I’d really love to believe that the reason MindsMirrow were able to describe the different sexual positions, emotions, elation and techniques so precisely and vividly is because they tried each one first, for both their benefit and for ours. Might they also be genetically related? No doubt we’ll never know, and it doesn’t matter, but good luck to them either way. Just the possibility adds an additional level of piquancy. They are clearly workhorses. Just writing this one story and getting to it to such a level of perfection must have taken months of hard graft. They deserve their success. I wish I could meet them in person and say that face to face; I wish we could all reward them financially.

If there is even a fraction as much depth in any of their other 24 stories I am going to have a lot to keep me happy.

BadbeagleBadbeagleover 1 year ago

An excellent story and I have to say I love the fact that it partially takes place in my home state of Vermont. Excellent work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Amazing story that brought me to tears. Love can be complicated and you captured so much emotion in this story. Bravo

nekkid_handymannekkid_handymanabout 1 year ago

Incredible! This story was so well written that I felt drawn into the lives of the characters and felt the emotions right along with them. I even cried when Joie passed. I am so happy you created this little gem of literature and cannot wait to read the rest of your creations. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Beautiful story.

Celastrus_orbiculatusCelastrus_orbiculatus5 months ago

i started reading a stroke story and i was fucking crying my eyes out at a few points. GREAT WRITING. sexy too.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Full circle, huh?

Wonderfully done, thank you!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMindsMirror@MindsMirror
Our venture into writing continues due to your appreciated support! Please report plagiarism of our work. Unauthorized and unattributed reproduction of our work discourages further submissions. Comments, feedback, encouragement, critiques and editorial suggestions are our on...

SIMILAR Stories