All Comments on 'Race among the Ruins'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 177 Comments (Page 2)
Jay80Jay80almost 8 years ago
Well done....

Great story with excellent characters to root for.......

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
A good story

But as another commentator stated, rather far fetched. Then again one could call it an entertaining fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Crap!

A piece of crap and too long!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No way she fucks Robert.

Professor Stacy Anderson is meant to be an intelligent woman. Get the blow job and doing what it takes to get the job. But having been caught, no way she fucks Robert. Makes no sense. Rightly or wrongly big Aaron would have got over the blow job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Dana - WTF

stopped reading when Asron and team see Dana getting double teamed by two guys on the research boat - what is the point of this? why is no one shocked at how unprofessional this is?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Amusing story

But several decisions made by the characters involved seemed just plain wrong. I don't see Stacy fucking Robert. That was completely out of her character. Dana seemed like a throw away character, just there for some sex and useless humor. Kinda like the dopey sidekick. And the magic Ouija board was a little too far fetched for my tastes. Add to that the ever present mustang in the middle of some Greek Island? How did it even get there? This wasn't your best effort.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago

it is a story people. get over it.

i would have liked to see a piece of shit like robert die in stories like this.

thanks for the story i enjoyed the hell out of it

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Crap

Just another load of nonsense from a shitty writer, stop this shit with the mustangs already they are one of the crappest and most unreliable vehicles on the road.

Go get some english and writing courses then try again.

Fuckwit

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Trolls. Who needs 'em?

Stang Star. Disregard internet trolling. You obviously enjoy writing, so keep doing what you're doing. They probably drive Toyotas or Hyandais anyway. Love the Mustangs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re.crap

Fuckwit yourself

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE STORY DON'T READ IT

Richie4110Richie4110about 6 years ago
Great Story

A real page turner that was hard to put down for a few minutes. Loved the way the plot evolved even though it was somewhat expected.

Thanks master

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Enjoyed

Really enjoyed this story!!!!!

RePhilRePhilabout 6 years ago
UDABEST

Still one of the best written in LW

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Cheap Copycat

First, your disdain for intelligence and academics clearly marks you the typical brain-dead American without even a high school education - just another knuckle-dragger polluting the world.

Second, only a moron goes around "looking for things"; intelligent, educated, historians and archaelogists go "in search of historical artifacts". Moron squared.

Third, characters and plot all ripped off from movies like: Indiana Jones/"Raiders"; Lara Croft/"Tomb Raiders"; Nicholas Cage/"National Treasure"; Matthew McConaughey/"Sahara", "The Mummy" series, and on and on.

Not an original thought in your entire story. If I wanted to watch a "movie" there are at least 30 better ones than anything you've written.

Finally, sex. This database collection is for EROTICA. 2 out 3 of your sex scenes are about the worst kind of sex possible to have. Why the fuck do you even bother?!?

Piss off. Get an education. Learn how to write.Try reading some books instead of relying on american movies to teach you about life....

Can you come up with something original? I doubt it.

desertdog43desertdog43over 5 years ago
anon 8-24-18

Americans don't give a fuck about what you think...We, yes the knuckle dragging neanders built the worlds best country and did it in less than two centuries. Meanwhile you others just fight, bicker & kill each other over AND over again.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Magical stuff ...

... when so consistently good.

I wouldn’t change your basic approach to your LW stories. Their clever, perceptive and funny.

Keep on chuckin’

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just watch out for those Legends.

When you wake up to the promise

Of your dream world comin' true

With one less friend to call on

Was it someone that I knew?

Away you will go sailin'

In a race among the ruins

If you plan to face tomorrow

Do it soon

Maria found her tomorrow and was willing to do what she felt she needed to keep it.

Great story, love Gordon Lightfoot.

FIVE STARS all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another Fine Little Ditty

By one of my very favorite authors on this site, proud to say from my home state.

"Stacy quickly stood up and moved away from Bob, who tried to zip up his pants quickly and got himself caught painfully in the zipper. "It's not what it looked like Honey," said Stacy stupidly as Bob screamed from the pain in his crotch." No matter how much it hurts when you get it caught in the zipper it's hurts one hell of a lot more getting it loose.

"Nunya," said Maria. "What the hell does that mean? Speak English," said the woman.

"It means that my reasons are none of your business," said Maria." Knock, Knock.

"Oh!" she said. "I want to be a professor of history." "Great," he smirked. "We just left two of those back in the villa. Are you sure you don't want to go back there and make history with them?" "Absolutely not," she said. "I'd rather make history with you." I think we're on to something here.

"Now she was basically her husband's partner's whore." That's a pretty accurate snapshot of Stacy.

"You know Stacy; people are always talking about giving someone enough rope to hang themselves. I think your feet have stopped kicking and the rope has sawed its way through your throat now," said Aaron." Just can't think of anything clever to add to this.

"Okay, you're the first one," she tried. He shook his head again. "Okay, you're the only one," she said. "But that's my final offer." I should have been so lucky, just once.

"Aaron, it's the person that you share it with that makes the life." This is one of the most simple and profound statements that I have ever read.

“On the other hand, if we search there for our remaining five days and find nothing, I get to make two major decisions that you are not allowed to question, ever." I'm going to have to ask SS about this.

"Look, Ria. A whore is someone who trades sex, for monetary gain or some other thing that they want or need," said Aaron. "So, a good example of a whore then would be your ex wife, right?" asked Maria." Bingo!

"Aaron turned towards Robert and smiled the way a shark smiles at a smaller fish." Since the very first time I saw him grin during an after game press conference this is exactly how I saw Greg Popovich, head coach of the San Antonio Spurs. 

"He's a famous historian and PhD," snapped Aaron. "He can stick out his thumb and hitch hike." Time to walk the plank, asshole. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
DAMN!!

You had a great story going there, but you rushed the ending!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Mixed

Liked the storyline and enjoyed the setting. However the writing was a little contrived, trying too hard to be Clive Cussler.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 4 years ago
Excellent, but far fetched

I loved the storyline, loved the characters, and I loved the ending. I especially loved the diving, but I found it so far from reality, me being a scuba instructor since 1982. I've even done artifact recovery, all over the world. It's fine, however, I just suspended reality and entered your universe.

The musical chairs between Stacy and Maria was far too easy, too casual. There is something missing in their interactions...

The absolute arrogance of Robert was over the top. His lack of participation and respect went beyond the pale. I'd have put him in a hot tub with piranha.

I would have liked Elena developed a bit more, she had real potential. How can such beautiful women consistently choose so badly? Rhetorical question, but worth a story, perhaps?

Definitely 5 *s.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Good story and zippy writing, even though the characters are pretty much caricatures.

Still, makes for a fun time.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Good story, enjoyed it.

Scores 5/5

dthakerdthakerover 3 years ago

Yepp. 5 all the way.

Loved it.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

"Revenge is a dish best served up cold."

Great story!!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One of SS's best

nice, well plotted and paced story.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Very

Very enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why do so many of your stories revolve around academia, when you clearly know nothing about it? PhDs (especially those being considered for a full professorship) don’t have to give blowjobs to get research assistant credits, since research assistants are graduate students.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

A pretty good story and a little adventure, it could have used a bit more but I'm not sure what, have you ever read Todd172 and his The Shack series? If you haven't please do and you will see what I mean. Thanks again for the free story and good editing, you can't beat free!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Good story. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I can see another part or two in the future. Thank-you ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

I great story with so much left to tell. There should be more to this series. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Could be part of a long series

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would love to see a sequel of the continuing exploits of Maria and Aaron, could be great following them as they delve for artifacts, treasure, and salvage. Have kids who grow up and learn the business. Stacy could even find someone who becomes a good partner.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Excellent story I agree with the majority of your followers

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

I really love the story. It is so good. AAAAAA++++++

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Pretty good story but the ending could've used another short paragraph or 2

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

Probably my favorite SS06 story. A good romance after a failed marriage, likable characters save the villain, even made the cheating ex pretty likable. Definitely agree with other commenters this could use a sequel or entire series.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I tend to generally enjoy this authors stories. And this was no execption.

2nd time through though and I do have to say Stacy and Robert were actually written to be closer to two idiots than extremely intelligent people.

I think the only other issue I had was how easily Stacy switched from total bitch mode to nicey nicey and friendly to Maria.

Those issues did throw a major monkey wrench into it for me, but still a well written story with a massively lackluster ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

YOU'RE A GREAT STORY TELLER,PLEASE KEEP WRITING.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again you left me wanting more, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You got my attention and kept it. 5+

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureabout 2 years ago

Great story with likable characters and a despicable melodramatic villain. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

too whom the writer is,thank you for your writings.your stories are so real,you can't stop reading them.this site need more writers like you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it. Thank you

oldguy1oldguy1almost 2 years ago

loved it twists and turns good story

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Indiana Jones with a big titted, beautiful woman on his arm. What's not to like?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mustangs Beautiful women and a great story to boot . No wonder that this author is in my top 3 . 5 Stars on another great Story . Keep up the Great work .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good story that's well written. There's a number of unrealistic situations that detract from the overall tale, but nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good adventure, romance and always a good read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another banging yarn from SS06! 5 stars all the way, keep 'em coming, maestro!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding. Exciting, adventurous and educational. Yeah, a little loving also. 5*s.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Another awesome story great job loved it.Appreciate all ur hard work.

Jlyn1Jlyn1over 1 year ago

An adventure and romance loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Right. 40 year old married woman gives a blow job at a large public gala to her husband's best friend and business partner as some stupid quid pro quo so she can get a good word for being inline for professorship? Repeat again "public gala". And Robert risks his entire livelihood and future saying later on a James Bond villain speech that as soon as Stacy's lips touched his penis, she was damaged goods and Aaron woukd never take her back, so Stacy is no use to him? Huh? And oh yeah the public gala was a smart move for Stacy because heynher husband shows up late to such festivities. But of course no one else in attendance would ever notice anything. Huh?

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Wasn't doing too bad until the part where Stacy sneaks on board the boat and to be a stowaway. Just too many holes in this story to be believable, even if it is fiction. Having a Mustang transported with you is a little over the top and reminisce of a Clive Cussler story. Those little Greek roads weren't built for American cars but if it's an image your after, why not? Like I said, when Stacy stowed away and no one saw her, even fiction can only go so far.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

Ouija board, LOL good story, funny, interesting.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story, though the ending seemed incomplete. What about Aaron?

Lowrider2020Lowrider202011 months ago

Relax people! it's fiction and I love it, you get five stars and a big thank you for giving me a very good read.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 Stars on a good Story . Maria was much wiser then Stacey was . Maria Knew what she wanted and got it . Good luck on the 8 kids ?

SDN1955SDN195510 months ago

Great story and Race Among the Ruins was one of Gord’s (many) songs I loved. RIP to that legend.

TotosRevengeTotosRevenge10 months ago

Very fun adventure. Thank you.

lc69hunterlc69hunter10 months ago

good story, good ending

rbloch66rbloch669 months ago

A wonderful story!

NickTeeNickTee8 months ago

I liked it even though it had more holes in the plot than Swiss Cheese. As a Greek who's been to many of the islands some roads will hardly fit a Vespa whilst even bigger roads are not built for Mustangs... Those that scoff at the Ouja board should consider water dowsers who invariably are more accurate than ground penetrating radar at finding the right spot to dig a well. A good and generally satisfying read NickTee - Sorry forgot to login

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Another well-written, entertaining read!!! Really enjoyable, thanks

Hardday1953Hardday19535 months ago

Wonderful, and I must say you have good taste in cars!!!!!

newfordnewford3 months ago

Oh to be educated, and be able to read AND enjoy tales of this nature

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked it. A lot. Really well told, with twists, although the privateers were a bit of a stretch. Especially them guarding the site. But no matter. Give stars, an unusual score for me, perhaps one in every ten stories.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

5 Stars as Aaron reminded me of my friend Mike . Everyone wanted to be Mike's friend and no one wanted to be his enemy . He was a grade behind me and I looked up to him as did most guys . He had Class but sadly Cancer got him . I freaking hate Cancer and i honestly believe that someone has the cure but the drug companies refuse to let them hand it out .

ViolentKnightViolentKnight22 days ago

We all need a Maria in our lives to deal with the Stacys and the Roberts of the world.

5 stars.

Hugo999Hugo99913 days ago

Good story well told

LegacybadLegacybad3 days ago

Very good story and well written with some refreshing takes. I enjoyed it a lot. Tha ls for sharing! If you turned it into a series Id keep reading. It has the potenital outside a loving wives story

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous