All Comments on 'Race among the Ruins'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 175 Comments
kieberskiebersover 12 years ago

Another great story. Enjoyed the pirate aspect. Thank you for the time and effort you put into these, it is appreciated.

dinkymacdinkymacover 12 years ago
As usual,

an entertaining story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I enjoy most of your stories but this is one of the better ones that you have done.

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
meh... commonplace plots and 2d characters

a fucking ouija board!!! - yeah right!

I am starting to see a theme in loving wives - the asshole being a professor and the exemplary husband being a blue collar/working with hands/ marine/mechanic etc...

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Daring to Do Some-thong ' Different!

This story appears to be a unholy bastard hybrid of ' The Life Aquatic', The Mummy and just a smidgeon of ' Pitas of The Mediterranean '. Stang ' hasn't taken us abroad since that Paris short story.

I enjoyed the trip overseas and the farce aspect of the work . The humor took awhile to get underway but was deaf worth wiley in last half of story. The opening was strictly formula - the close was kinda sweet with deluded wife being punished but not totally shunned.

In my mind I've cast Scarlett J. for Maria ,Cate Blanchett as Stacey. ..Jim Carrey as Robert and Matt Dillon in Aaron's role. Gotta 'go , this story has kickstarted lamb falafel craving.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
Outstanding!

Mustang man you've done it again. I am grateful for your contributions for which there is no comparison.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
Stang man has become a very good story teller.

This was a fun read. The conflict and resolution were fairly obvious, but still fun to see unfold. The nice thing is to watch Stang grow as a writer as he is confident enough to try new things and follow unfamiliar paths. We always know his stories will usually be a little different than the average, and almost always above average.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
It was a good story. It was fun to read.

Thanks for sharing it. It was very good story telling.

MissouriUSA

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Pleasurable Story

The Story hits a spot. Elena Elisabete reminds me of Kalliste in Bruce Bretthauer's stories on Gina's site.

She is the modern representative of the Earth Goddess.

The women folk were fun this time around and painting the university`s candidates black does ruin the University because it has the Dean and Elena! Seriously though these women had more personality than in most of Stang's stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
nice one

Overall another great story; however, the extra characters and nicknames created occasional hitches in an otherwise smooth story, still a 5 star effort - thanks for posting.

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
Can it get any better?

Look at the fine mess you've gotten yourself into, SS06. The next story has to be as good or even better than this one. What a challenge.

Immensely enjoyed reading this. One of your best, if not the best. Looking forward to the next one.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE RACE FOR GLORY

HISTORY and futures. TK U MLJ LV NV PS SS IS A GREAT TALENT.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
Don't have to say it

Another hit, 5stars

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
If HDK and the Hawk liked it, it must have been that good!

I find myself looking forward to your weekly submissions. You almost never disappoint us. Thanks for what you do! Definitely Five Stars!

cpetecpeteover 12 years ago
Avast ya Matey's a Thursday treat on a Monday!

Another good whale of a tale-ARRR.

What the hell is in the water where you live to lubricrate your brain to kick out these fine fables week after week.

Well done again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
helluva talent

thanks is to little payment , nuff said nathan n georgia

FriskymailFriskymailover 12 years ago
International talk like a Pirate Day

What a great treasure story on international talk like a pirate day. I look forward to reading your writing StangStar. Thank you for your time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Aaron Anderson

Mustangs died off in the '60s. please get another theme!

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for another engrossing story of love and life.

TruGentMuldunTruGentMuldunover 12 years ago

I have read some romance novels in my life, though I am very much a GUY as my wife says. I can see in your future if you choose to do so, a career as a published author. Your story was pardon my french was fucking awesome.

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 12 years ago
Nuder Good 1!!!

Way to GO! Great Read! Fun!

Rob Conner

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You're improving!

I've liked many of your stories in the past, but this is bringing your work along. Before long you'll be writing a long narrative like DanielQ... Good Read!

Alberta  AlAlberta Alover 12 years ago
Quick End

The story was going very well until Robert was brought under control. Then you wrapped almost everything quickly in several short paragraphs.

It almost seems that you got bored with the story and decided to abandon it.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Great idea

Bumpy execution.

First, please, please, please put some type of separator (********) between paragraphs when you change context. You do it frequently and it is jarring when it happens without warning. I'm 3 sentences into the next paragraph before I realize it's a different setting. I have to pause and reread.

The next issue I have is horribly stupid women, a common literotica problem. Stacey is supposedly a well educated woman and as "smart as hell". They don't have a family. Se is career driven. What has she been doing with herself? She is trying to break into the "boy's club" but hasn't talked to her husband, who listens to her, about it. DUH! Then she seems to be clueless about the way that relationships work. She was willing to use sex to get what she wanted. But then seems baffled that Robert would then expect to use her as a whore. She says she wanted to get the professorship "on her own" but giving someone a blow job means you are getting favors from that person. You aren't doing it on your own, using only your work skills. Women who use sex as a tool get what it's all about. Stacey is a very out of sync character.

Next, we get Maria who is trying to be a serious researcher and plays down her physical attributes. But Aaron, who otherwise is a cool guy that respects women is ignoring HER. That seems out of character for Aaron. And what is the advice of her roommate? Turn on the sex appeal to get his attention so he will listen to your ideas. Uhhhhhhhh? If she get his attention THAT way he won't be interested in her "ideas". Her roommate is counseling her to act like Stacey. Be a slut to get his attention and get what you want. Why would Aaron be interested in someone that acts like his wife who he just dumped? Why isn't Aaron listening to Maria, his partner, in the first place? Ignoring people is how Robert acts, not Aaron.

I have to ask, is the only way for a woman to advance her career by giving blow jobs?

The ending is pretty good. I had guessed Robert wasn't dead. His "disappearance" was too convenient. Maria's solution was very elegant. If you have one spouse with special skills and a unique job, sometimes the other spouse needs to fit into their world to stay close to them. Maria is a true loving wife. She will probably have a lot of fun too.

The setting was a lot of fun and unique. Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great job!!!

Your charactor development and story telling has greatly improved.

I enjoyed this story and hope to read more of your work in the future. You are one of the best authors on this site.

Scarecrow51Scarecrow51over 12 years ago
You still need to edit you story

better than this;

The Dean would fund the best four teams. There were at least twelve teams here. (this line was on page 2)

This time it was particularly difficult to narrow the field down to the five choices, (and this line was on page 4)

This is one of the bigger mistakes that I noted. You are still rushing your stories to get them out so fast. Slow down and check them over more.

tendernsweet2tendernsweet2over 12 years ago
Well...

Well it is 1:30am and I started to read this story and could not stop until I had finished what I had started.! Very good and looking forward to your next writing on Lit.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You had 5 stars until the end.

First, Your description of the dive was sketchy, but from what I could tell, there would have been no need to decompress to avoid the bends (are you a diver?).

Secondly, you seems to have very little regard for professorships if you think Stacey could or should have one.

Otherwise, a very entertaining yarn. Well written if a bit rushed at the end.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Sorry

Sorry Stang. Can't give you a 5 on this one. Maybe a 4. It started out a good read but a bit rough at the end. The pirate thing was a bit much. If Robert was broke how did he hire the pirates? And I thought his boat sank in the storm. The wife gave up way too easily. And there was some problems with the diving. But as always thank you for the read, I look forward to the next one. Wish I could pay back but I don't have it in me. I are an engineer. Jim

mikothebabymikothebabyover 12 years ago
to scarecrow

Wow - that is your complaint about the story - talk about nit picking. So sorry I did not pick that up when I was editing. It must be so nice to be so perfect that you never make mistakes like the rest of us human beings. Oh but wait - you have never even posted a story here on Lit. Wow - yet you can be so critical over a few little mistakes. IMAGINE THAT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Awesome

Another 5 star story by one of the best!

thefranzthefranzover 12 years ago
A little bit formulaic

A nice story but too many cookie cutter personalities: the gruff but honorable and sensitive adventurer, the crooked, scheming academic, the vain, driven wife, the ugly duckling who gets it all, the mysterious, beautiful woman...

Btw, I saw Tim Robbins as Robert!

lagrimas458lagrimas458over 12 years ago
Well written, great story

You really did a great job of telling the "whole story." Have enjoyed your writings and encourage you to continue.

Scarecrow51Scarecrow51over 12 years ago
mikothebaby

Sorry I am not a writer nor am I an editor, although I was a proof reader for a number of years. Little things like this stick out like a sore thump to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I don't know how you do it

but you do it consistently

another excellent read

great job

Yuri5Yuri5over 12 years ago
hi StangStar

I found your story interesting but it failed in one aspect where most of your other stories do not: you clearly were writing about things you have less knowledge about; for instance the field of archaeology and diving. I don't know a whole lot about them either, but you couldn't bluff your way by being vague and dodgy in your descriptions, I'm afraid.

One thing I like about this story is that it's quite logical... that only someone like a wife or a really special girlfriend can break a relationship with a best friend. And in just a matter of minutes. Good grief

And at the risk of sounding sexist, hell, it would be just like a woman to try and conspire to do something sneaky and end up with it all blowing up on her.

One possibly unrealistic thing is that your heroes seem to often go for an upgrade after their previous relationship breakup. It's a great fantasy but you should not fantasise about leaving your adorable woman just because you got tired of her .. I kid, haha!

I'd rate this 4 out 5. Most if not all of your stories are 5 are 4.5, but this fell a bit short. It was otherwise very enjoyable and the ending was pretty great! Thanks for writing! :)

Reader67Reader67over 12 years ago
Good but not Great

SStar as usual I really liked this but this time it was a 4* & not the usual 5. I'm not sure if you rushed it out but it definately wasn't up to your usual standard,it was almost like someone else had written in the style of....Perhaps your editor had taken the day off as there were a couple of spelling mistakes & the story didn't have the usual flow that I'm used to from you.Keep up the good work. R67

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
A beautifully developed story

Superb characters that were rock solid and believable, and a storyline that was capable of holding my interest through out.

A good mix of good people and despicable ones that made the reading contagious, drawing compassion to the good and hate to the bad.

And best of all, a happy ending which left this reader with a good feeling at the end.

Well done, a very enjoyable story

mike2710mike2710over 12 years ago
Thanks

If you were only a Chevy person you would be the perfect writer. (:

Thanks for the entertainment. Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Loved it

I thought this was a great story. Now I will have to sit back and do 2 things. The 1st is wait for the movie. The 2nd is to keep reading what you write.

Thankyou.

sojomansojomanover 12 years ago
Great story ...

refreshing, different, and very well thought and structured.

It does take courage to write about things we didn't experience, although it seems to me that you either knew about the area or have at the very least done some research and adapted it well.

Papalis University doesn't exist but this could have very well been the University of Crete and it's Department of History and Archaeology. The university is near the small city of Rethymno which corresponds to your description. The island where they found refuge during the storm could be one of many in the Aegean sea. The description of the storm is realistic and very typical of that region. I can go on and on but the point is that the scenery and the environment are very realistic.

The depiction of people, behaviours, emotions and attitudes is outstanding and perfectly credible.

Great story ... Couldn't stop reading once started.

Many thanks as always

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You write well but ...

throughout all these long and interesting stories do you think you could pick a car with independent rear suspension ? It isn't the 1960's anymore ... LOL !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Lightfoot

I love the Gordon Lightfoot theme. I was playing Hangdog Hotel Room just a few hours before I read this. Very well written story too!

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
ABSOLUTLY FRIGGIN BRILLIANT!

OK Stangstar you have just raised the LW writing bar to the extreme. I could tell you edited the story down to a normal readable length. That being said can I request that you make these guys an ongoing story thread? Kinda like the movie matinee's back in the day maybe jump to the Novel section and give us somemore of these two. Or just write the book. Thanks for putting so much effort into the stories you share with us

RAVIGULERIARAVIGULERIAover 12 years ago
Brillant

You are the best; I eagerly await for your stories & have read each of them. They are too good.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Good one

Good plot. I love a catfight.

DMaster_14DMaster_14over 12 years ago
Excellent

Your story held me at every turn. It wove it's way thru the ruins with care and speed.

BelgiumBelgiumover 12 years ago
Very good story

Another dumb wife tale. Stacy had it all and threw it away to further her career. Why she engaged in sex after being caught the first time and still at the time claimed she wanted to reconcile, is beyond me. You really need to be stupid to do that. She may be intelligent in her field but her emotional intelligence is sub-zero. I think she won’t be happy as a professor either and in her later years will be sorry about all that she threw away. And possibly lonely too. One quibble is that after they talked on the boat, Stacy just gave up… no further struggle… as if all fight went out of her. A bit too abrupt…

The so-called best friend Robert is a real creep. He doesn’t hesitate to bed his best friend’s wife, nor is he hesitant to try to steal the other man’s laurels (both by subterfuge or violence). Robert got what he deserved and even came of light.

One minor error in the story was that at first the dean was going to fun four teams and suddenly without explaining it became five. That should have been edited out but we’re all human and thus to err is human.

Elena seems like an interesting character. She has a possible romance story in her as well... what is her background? How did she end up with the Dean? What are her ties? Her character needs more exploring… perhaps worthy of her own story.

As a side note, this story was more to your old level. The last couple of weeks’ stories were not as good as this one.

Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Awesome

I don't have a lot of spare time or money. But I'd have paid for this story. I've been reading tis website for over 5 years and what you've developed into over the course of only one year is astonishing. One of the things I'm the happiest to see is that you've grown a little tougher and don't always try to fit into the mold of writing the same things all the time. I think that early on you tried to please your readers too much. Remember a story you started here and never finished. It was called back in the bushes or something like that. I read the whoie thing on the other website it was a great story. you didn't post it all here becaue a few idiots complained about the IR aspects. You writing a story of this length and complexity that is quite different from the regular LW tale shows your maturity as a writer. This story was simply awesome. It was a camaro killer. JT in LV

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

I liked it. Don't take it too seriously, a lighthearted adventure tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
thanks jizz, it was a lighthearted adventure tale

SS06 is the only reason to visit this cesspool category anymore, other decent authors have stopped writing or moved on. Will check out the other website since it seems not all of his stories get posted/accepted here.

TechRaiderTechRaiderover 12 years ago
the only thing i hated about it was...

"it is just a story"... LOL

but seriously i enjoyed it, keep up the good work!

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Pisses me off!

This was a great story. I gave it a five, but I think a 10 scale should be implemented.

With that said, I get real tired of reviewers nit picking stories over minor editing mistakes.

So what if you used to be a proof reader or whatever else. Volunteer to edit if you want.

For crying out loud people. You're not paying for the damn story and you certainly are not professional reviewers so tone it down.

Appreciate the time, effort and talent that go into writing these things.

At least we haven't had to endure two of the idiots that think they need to put things in CAPS to make one of their often stupid and mostly illogical points to us.

Unfortunately, they will probably be back.

I enjoy being able to come to this site and read varying quality works from amateur authors who are practicing their trade.

I agree with Anon. We have lost most of the good authors on this site. So we need to appreciate what we have.

It's OK to point out things to help the author become better, but other than that, shut the hell up!

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Stang, you are a machine!

Eight pages. Eight FUCKING pages! I am struggling with a story right now and you put out EIGHT FUCKING PAGES in a week! One with clarity, plot and development. Is it Proust, or some other sissy ass writer? No. But it's a clear and developed story that I enjoyed reading.

I hate you! Keep writing you fucking animal!

My favorite line?

***

"You told me to go join them," she said angrily. "I decided to just fuck every man on the ship, and you're the last one." She folded her arms over her breasts, but it didn't work. Her arms were too tiny for it to be an effective deterrent. Aaron shook his head. She could tell that he didn't believe her.

"Okay, you're the first one," she tried. He shook his head again. "Okay, you're the only one," she said. "But that's my final offer."

***

Wonderful. I wish I wrote it. I am not sure about the paragraph breaks on it, but I don't care.

And give Mikothebaby props. She has helped you immeasureably in the readability area.

Put in scene change breaks like I did when you switch characters or scenes or POVs. It really does help with the readability.

FD45

LR54LR54over 12 years ago
Discovering a new author.

I have read every single one of your stories with great anticipation. This one tops them all.

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
Am tired of stories of "best friends with one turning against the other."

Whatever other good attributes the story has, the plot was transparent on the first page.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
ParPlus10

I agree. And any criticism I or some others make is directed toward improving their writing.

When I hit a story and I never need to pause; where the prose just flows and flows until I hit the page break, THAT is a rocking story!

When I have to suddenly try to decipher where a quotation mark is, or try to put sentences into paragraphs in my head, then that is like driving a Mustang full bore through a parking lot full of speed bumps.

For your consideration, I would suggest reading "A Fool and her Honey'. It was one of Stang's earlier works and while I LOVED the story, it was effort to read. He has incredibly improved and I hope that I helped in some way. Or maybe I'm just an ass like Dworknob, trying to sound too smart for us peons. If I come across like that, I apologize.

Stang, well done.

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Hey FD45

I'm really sorry if you felt my earlier comment was directed at you. I can't think of any feedback that you or other authors have given to stories on this site that was not respectful and constructive.

My comment was made because I see fewer and few stories being written by good authors on this site. Why would someone want to post just to have some idiot take pot shots. While I'm sure most have the ability to ignore those people, still, there needs to be a degree of respect.

I have yet to read a story in this site that was written to professional publishing standards. And it should not be expected.

But, someone identifies recurring mistakes there is nothing wrong with identifying those as well any ideas to make a story better.

But what we see so often from the peanut gallery is ignoring all the things that are great just so they can identify some trivial one-time error.

Of course the other part is the flame the author crowd. Again, because they did not like the way the story was written based on their own biases. After all isn't it supposed to be creative writing. We don't need to like them all.

I enjoy reading the points of view of other authors. I never miss comments from Rhenquist, HDK and some others, because they know are battle tested; so to speak. And, they know what they are talking about.

I really like your point. An eight page story. And it was damn good.

Shit what did you say about Dworknob? I guess I just stepped into that category. Sorry.

mikothebabymikothebabyover 12 years ago
thank you all

I would like to acknowledge the compiments. It is not always easy to catch every mistake in a story. Please know that most of us proof readers do it for many authors as there is not a lot of us here on Lit. It might show that there are umpteen "volunteer editors" but many do not do anything. I have had many authors tell me that they asked 20 of the "so called volunteer editors" on the site to help them and many did not even have the decency to reply. I will at least respond and tell some one that I have too much on my plate and direct them to ask some one else. It is a thankless job, most of the time. However, I am lucky in the fact that SS06 and the other authors I help, constantly thank me. I love what I do and yes I make mistakes but I am human and thank you all for realizing that.

When I see my authors improve through what I inadvertently teach them, it is awesome. And they always thank me for their growth. But it is behind the scenes. I am proud to say two of my authors are now going to be puvlished and I am so happy to be a part of that.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
ParPlus10

Nah. Not even close to Dworknob. Like I said: I agree with your points. I'm just afraid I'm guilty with a few of my intemperate remarks (I have quite a few in my past)

The people who hit hard when I write isn't the ones who are disgusted that some creampie eating wimp took back the woman who spent the last 25 years blowing him, or the ones who nit pick the fact that this or that Mustang didn't have hubcaps.

It is when I make a grievous plot error and I missed it. That hurts...but it should and I get better by hearing about it.

I don't do plot points very often because most of the writers I read are better then that.

But I join you: HDK, Ohio, Rhenquist, DQS, cpete, slow_n_gentle, Wanderer, Mandy and a half dozen others I forget: Please write! Don't take the Dworknobs seriously.

And of course, our pony express writer, Stangstar.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Good story

I agree that the ship bedroom scene dialog was top rate.

SS, the reach into a marine based story worked for me. Very good job. The ending also worked for me but I did feel as though it was rushed a bit.

Mikothebaby, I see your name as editor once in a while and ALWAYS know that the story level will be at least 4 stars. A 4 is actually pretty good for me. I have given out some 5's but a story has to be pretty darn special to get a 5 from me. I can only hope that when (not if) I am ready to have a story published here or elsewhere that either you or someone like you would be willing to edit my story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Great scenery choice -

Heh - the use of Greek islands and magic was a superb idea -

I really liked your character development here the whole approach rocked -

Elena is a perfect side character showing up at the right times, The mercenaries worked beautifully, Dana is a good friend to Maria and obviously a fun girl lol.

Add them to the primary characters and it was executed as well as any story on the site.

Appreciated your time and efforts as always -

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Damn

I've surfed through thousands of stories, most of them crap. Far too many of the cuckold version, or the gay-in-hiding type that have no business here. But every great once in awhile a writer comes along who puts together a well written story that makes it worth suffering through the dreck. Many thanx and appreciation to Stang (I'm a Firebird dude myself) for writing stories worth reading; hell, I could pound out a nice little six episode tv drama out of this story alone! If you're not making money off your writing by now, you damned well should be.

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
2 words

Perfectly enthralling

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
awesome as always

I am steadily working through your catalog and have yet to be disappointed. Awesome!

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
This is what I like about this Author.

You give him ANY subject and he runs with it. And very well. That gives me an idea. I have to think on it for a few weeks and then I will just spring it on him. See what he does. Ha-ha.

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Eh!

What can one say, enjoyable at best. If you like perfect stories perfectly written!

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Eh!

What can you say, enjoyable at best. If you like perfect stories perfectly written!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
hey

I want more violence, people dying and shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
While I like some of your work...

this was God awful.

I kept hoping it would get better, but it only got worse.

green117green117over 11 years ago
I think of this one as part of a pair

The other one being "Quantum Entanglement" - in both of them the topic was a stretch for the author (and so the professional stuff kinda came off weak) but the human interest part of the story (which is after all why we read this stuff - I don't go to LW for quantum mechanics) was good - in this story, in particular, the female heavy came off more sympathetic than usual in SS's stories. Good stuff.

Now, I know a number of rather high caliber scientists who are good at all the savoir faire stuff - fine wines, good food, sports... and I suppose that some of rpsuch characters (and maybe some of the random DQS characters - I'm thinking of his lawyers) work in that got-all-bases covered universe... I think it is a good one to try, in a "how the mighty have fallen" sense in the LW genre (I do like DQS work along that line - that is "The Last Goodbye"). This isn't to say that there aren't a lot of cluesless scientists - but they aren't the entire game in town. And the dweeb is a cliche'd and unpleasant character to work with, unless redeemed at the end.

YMMV

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I thought it was a great story. The bad comments your getting must be from college profs!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
thks

thank you , top story , could have been in romance too , to upset a few people there :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Second Read...

Damn...I love your writing. This is definitely one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Silly, but fun.

This isn't a serious story, but it is fun, and entertaining. Maybe the ouiji board was a bit much, but it actually worked in this tale. Gotta wonder why the cheating friend was the only one that paid a high price for betraying his friend, and the cheating wife got the professorship.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Indiana Jones meets Literotica. Wonderful adventure that kept me captivated every step of the way.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 11 years ago
I spoke too soon

I just posted a critique on another of your stories complaining that your stories lacked variety and the wives always ended up sad, disgusting wrecks. This just proved me wrong. And it was fun. Thanks for mixing it up a bit.

fanfarefanfarealmost 11 years ago
a pony and snappin' gum

"Dr. Stacy Anderson?" asked the girl in a bored voice. She was even chewing gum.

"Yes," said Stacy......She took the papers the girl handed her........

......."You've been served," said the girl walking away.

Now this girl is a truly, professional process server. There is no where in the world where she won't track you down and snap her chewing gum at you!

A pony ride and gum snapping, welcome to 'Stang-land.

OldmarriedtarOldmarriedtaralmost 11 years ago
One of your few good stories

Aaron appears to be a secure, responsible, mature adult. The story has positive elements; honesty to ones self and responsibility for ones actions. All of which is a rare find in your stories and most of the stories in LW.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 10 years ago
Another 5* story

With archaeology, pirates, beg their pardon,privateers and a Mustang.

Ticks more boxes than most!

FD45FD45about 10 years ago

Who the hell would drag a Mustang to the narrow, cramped and dangerous streets of Greece?

A lot of money to drive at 20 mph through the streets. And it takes a month to move the car one way.

Frankly, considering how the Stang monks react to their cars, I can't see them waiting that long...or else they are on the ship and taking two months out of their lives...for a car.

Very skewed values.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Scene Shifts

When your scene shifts, some sort of a separator would be helpful.

One paragraph we're reading about Aaron, the next we're with Maria, with no indication.

This happens throughout the story.

Just a couple of dashes or tildes (~) between the paragraphs would be helpful!

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Greek Vacation

Nice break from the everyday grind. Your writing is easy to read and the plots always flow. This one was only a little fantastic but that too was a nice change.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
very entertaining

I had thought you were leading us to a Temple of the "Goddess" with the wife of the Dean and the necklace. That somehow Aaron was going to be led to a new and significant finding through the ancient "magik". Sorry, but the ouija seemed out of place in Greece. But, I am learning to accept that I am a reader, not a writer.

to follow on with what KarenE said, the narrative was a bit confusing at times, and I was lost when the scene jumped from Jordan to Steve to Jordan, etc. but it is late and I am struggling to keep up with a lot of things.

thanks for the interesting read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Inane rubbish

Written by a fucking wanker.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
great job of writing your stories

I know its hard writing for a bunch of asshole,who aren't greatful.thanks from us who like your writings.

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderalmost 9 years ago
I enjoyed it a lot

It's amazing what a great editor can do for a story and a good writer. Head and shoulders over most recent efforts. Thanks for this SS06

slamdog1slamdog1almost 9 years ago
Mr. 5 Stars

I should call myself Mr. 5 Stars. It's how I rate stories. I don't feel I am qualified to put a number on someone's story, only good or bad. If I try to rate someone I have to be able to compare them to a standard. The standard I use is was I entertained by the story enough to finish it. I'm not paying for the entertainment so why should I criticize unless I am willing to do better. I give 5 stars to anyone's stories that I have stayed interested in to read it to the conclusion. If I lose interest I just don't rate it. I can say that you have never disappointed me in entertainment value. I always finish your stories and as such I have you as one of my favorite writers. Keep up the good work...

BrewtooBrewtooover 8 years ago
Hmmmm

One blow job and she's out? He's perfect of course and has never made a misstep, ever. Quite a burden to be above everyone else. How come all your men are loving, responsible, hard working, great husbands and fathers and the women are always just sluts. Where the hell did you grow up?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good stories, but ...

I am always annoyed by the little details especially in areas I am familiar with. Professorships don't work that way. Why couldn't you decide if they were historians or archaeologists? Pick one and stick with it. Having travelled the Greek Islands I can say there aren't any where you can drive around so cavalierly. Some don't even allow cars at all. No PhD would be a teaching assistant. Are you crazy? That falls to the lowly graduate student. I spent some time as a teaching assistant when working on a master's degree in math. Finally, professors don't give a damn about teaching. One of the perks of reaching such an exhaulted rank is not having to do much teaching. Can't blame them, that's not what they are rewarded for. The saying is "publish or perish" not "teach or perish".

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
hi Brewtoo......... have to agree with you

Yes, most of SS06 stories do show the women as the betrayer, may be thats his choice, but Yes, stats do show that, more men are caught cheating on their spouses, time & again.

But, i strongly believe that the num of women cheating may not be on par with men but is definitely more than reported, i am not trying to put a positive spin on adulterous men, rather wish to say that all people are capable of adultery, right from the pope to mother teresa, but we can choose not to do it..... if we are able to cultivate the necessary strength to walk away from a bad choice.

finally, the mundane, is always neglected. these stories here are free, so they have a tough competion to wade thru all the crap here, & be noticed,

so authors ubderstand the need to make the stories more intriguing, for me, a girl can always break my heart & make me shed a few tears,

a woman, can crush your soul, & leave you a mortal husk.

so these stories do get a rise in most male readers, because even if they dont admit it, the reason this category is so insanely popular is, first they dont wanna get caught with their pants down, & second if they see such a day what could they do to eliviate such a situation...

so breetoo dont take it personally, if you feel you are a good person, than that's enough, people will always do what they have always done. there always will be cheaters, wouldn't you want to be ready to deal with one, when the time comes?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Determined from the LW hub

@Brewtoo The LW deals with the extramarital affair of wives and few stories deal with the infidelity of husbands. For example the lover of the wife is a married man.

BTW 55% of the wives and 60% of husbands are minimum 1 extramarital event in lifetime according to survays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Don't listen to the whiny cunts below, stang

It was a good story. You made it reasonably believable and most of all, was entertaining. There is no reason for any more.

To Brewtoo, get off your high fucking horse, cunt. Staying true to a spouse is not hard. I've been married 40 years without a problem. She stays true to me and me to her, something that when combined with love, is no burden.

You, sir/ms./cunt are a worthless creep.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago

Aww, someone questioned the great, wonderful, perfect Saint Stangstar, time to hurl out the childish insults and vague threats. It couldn't just be that some people don't like the same stories you do poor anonymous little coward, everyone has to be berated and mocked and insulted into believing exactly as you do. God fucking forbid that some people simply not like overly long rehashings of the exact same story again and again and again by the same author who only knows how to write a handful of character.

Perfect, flawless, wonderful man who is secretly desirable to women half his age and just doesn't realize it yet.

Worthless, stupid women who have nothing to want for and yet still cheat for no logical reason and then stare blankly at said perfect husband when he asks them why, because they aren't real characters, just strawmen for the author to rant about his own divorce.

Young women who are of course attracted to the wonderful, perfect, honorable and just all around nice guy husband and who want nothing more in life than to not have a career and become live at home moms.

And daughters who want to fuck their fathers because he is so perfect and wonderful and handsome and etc etc. This last one only shows up occasionally, but probably says way more about Stang than the rest of them combined.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Do not read what you do not like

@ Frontlinecaster As the cuck story fans tell. Do not read stories from Stangstar06 if you do not like.

BTW SS06 has second wife!

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago

When the anonymous cowards like you stop accusing and flaming everything in this category, I'll stop calling stang out on his shit. Besides, I haven't read a story of his in months, it's just that having read a few before I can already predict what is going to happen in every one now any way.

BurtschoderBurtschoderabout 8 years ago
Thank you

I gave this one 5 stars. I like almost all your stories and want to say thanks for sharing. This Aaron character kinda reads like a Dirk Pitt. I dig it. I would think another adventure would be really cool with these characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT DUMB ASS??

HE CAN BE BURYING HIS BONE IN BOTH OF THEM AND THE FIRST ONE WHO CHEATS IS GONE. THE FIRST ONE IS A WHORE BUT THIS WOULD BE HER LAST CHANCE AND SHE KNOWS IT.

MwRadicalMwRadicalabout 8 years ago
Nice yarn

A little far fetched, and repetitive at times, but I like your stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ya Gotta love Greece

WOW ! This story is Fantastic! I love Romance and there is that. Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 %. Bye

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous