All Comments on 'Raider and the Lost Lamp Ch. 09'

by mythtrav16

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Cute!

I really liked your story, although I will admit to wishing your lead female's name was not such a blatant rip-off. Well done though, please keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nice, very nice.

This chapter was a beautiful wrap-up to the story. Thanks for including it.

-- KK in Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great fun!

Enjoyed the story so much I skipped the sex bits so I could get on with finding out what happened next!

Don't worry about the guy who complained that Clara's name was a ripoff - I think of it as more of a 'nod' to the original fictional character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Many thanks

This is one of the best stories I've ever read on this site, both in interest level and quality of writing. Thank you for providing it. Tomb Raider is obviously a nice topic for both adventure and sex appeal but you brought the characters alive, which is all too rare for an erotic story. Thank you for writing it and for offering it up to us to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The ending seems small-minded and unambitious

As a story, this was great, but it seems plain stupid and even somewhat selfish for the two to just dump the lamp. Let's consider it:

1. They have the key to the lamp, so the resident could be unlocked at any point.

2. They have an artifact with nigh-on infinite power.

3. They're worried about the well-being of people in general.

So, the obvious thing to do is this:

1. Re-prison one of the characters in the lamp.

2. Wish away global disasters such as world poverty, global warming (first wish for a clear, undoubtable indication of whether it's real or not, and assuming its true, which it is, wish for it to be fixed etc), general nuisances like cults (hint hint scientology), etc.

3. Use the amulet to unlock the captor of the lamp, and perhaps wish for a decent way to seal away the lamp effectively.

4. ???

5. Profit!

Surely Jeff, who was earlier described as "brilliant" for thinking outside and finding the location of the lamp, would have come to this conclusion if that character description was accurate.

And Clara doesn't sound too dumb, either.

Why WOULDN'T they have come to this conclusion? Are they oblivious to the fact that the world has ISSUES, plenty of which have VERY clear cut right/wrong sides?

Also, the dream in ch03 page 2 was never explained. It wouldn't hurt for the whole "all the wishes you like!" concept to be explored, either.

Please respond to this explaining why the above did not happen (or announcing another chapter, if you like).

mythtrav16mythtrav16over 13 years agoAuthor
To the last poster –

Glad you liked the story and I’m sorry to hear that the ending didn’t satisfy you.

I guess the main reason why Clara and Jeff didn’t do any of the stuff you mention is because of the cruelty of slavery. The powers of the genie can accomplish great things, but at the cost of making a human being a slave, which is a terrible thing. Clara had first-hand knowledge of what that slavery is like and she resented the lamp because of it. Jeff likewise was wary of it because he had watched Clara, the woman he loves, suffering under its magic.

Yes, they had the amulet, so whoever became the master would have had unlimited wishes and the ability to free the genie at any time, but in many ways, they are toying with fate. All that needs to happen is for the master to suddenly die, or for the amulet to somehow become lost and the genie is subjected to an eternity of enslavement, once more. However unlikely those things may seem, the genie would pay a terrible price if either one actually happened. Not to mention what might happen if the lamp subsequently fell in to evil hands somewhere down the line.

Some gamblers, when they get a big win, will risk it all on a wager that’s almost a sure thing. Then there are others that will quit while they’re ahead, and walk away happily with the winnings they already have. Clara and Jeff had found love and they were happy. They weren’t about to risk that happiness by fooling around with the lamp – even though a lot of good may have potentially come from it.

And despite what you say, I’d argue that there are very few, if any, clear-cut social issues in the world. That’s why they’re called “issues”, because there are age-old arguments about them still raging. As a student of history, Clara would know that some of the worst dictators in history have done their damage under the guise of “doing what’s best” for everybody. I’d imagine that she’d be loath to forcibly inflict her will upon the entire world.

To a lesser degree, the lamp was also disposed of because I had plans to write a sequel (at the time I finished writing this story), where Jeff and Clara were just mortal archaeologists. I think leaving the lamp in their lives would’ve made that story feel more like “I Dream Of Jeannie” than “Tomb Raider”, which is what I was going for.

The dream sequence was just a dream – nothing more. It’s not like the lamp’s magic was invading his brain or anything. Jeff had just acquired a sexy genie that day and when he went to sleep that night, he just happened to have a dream about making love to her. In all honesty, I just wanted to add a sex scene in that spot, but Clara and Jeff weren’t well acquainted enough yet for it to happen naturally in real life.

Once again, thanks for commenting. I hope you find this explanation satisfactory.

- MT

EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyabout 13 years ago
Loved it

Just the way it is. A fantastic story from a fantastic writer that just may be too gifted for this site, but I'm glad you're here. Glad I found you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
meh...

It was cute, but the wishes were a total waste... Even being rich was kinda pointless if he's just going to marry an heiress. Out of all the cool stuff you could have asked for you just go and throw it away. /sigh

FallenAlfarFallenAlfaralmost 12 years ago
Fantastic!!

My first wish would've been immortality, because if your immortal, with time you could rack up unbelievable money and knowledge. My second wish would be magic powers (like the genie). And my third wish would probably be shape-shifting powers to become anyone I want. He decides to have more money than he could possibly spend, makes himself a famous discovery but can't explain how he found it, and asks Clara about her pet name. Although I have to admit that I prefer mythtrav16's story to anything I could come up with(I haven't submitted to Literotica, yet if ever).

mythtrav16mythtrav16almost 12 years agoAuthor
To FallenAlfar

Thank you! I've never had a reader go through and comment on so many of my stories before. Your continuing readership is flattering!

In regards to your comments on "Raider": I guess I was influenced a lot by the Disney cartoon "Aladdin", one that I always loved as a kid. Ultimately the guy's three wishes add up to naught, but through 'the journey', he wins the heart of his fair princess, which was really the only thing he wanted anyway, and was the one thing he could never wish for.

"Raider" wasn't meant to be a story about a guy's life becoming a dream because of some extravagant wishes that'd been granted for him; it was a story about a wild lone wolf who gets shackled in place just long enough to learn to bond with, trust and fall in love with a man she otherwise would've only 'loved and left', at best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it!

Was one of the best stories, I ever read on Literotica, and it is because the bar has been raised so high, I make these comments (you may decide to edit at some point):

1. The dream sequence, I couldn't work out if it was a wet dream or the sister/negative posession type scenario, that's what I kept anticipating. It doesn't fit. Your above comments are noted, but still .....

2. The tablet and the julius caesar/marc antony find left open the question of how the tablet with came into their posession and he never got his credit for the find, it was never followed through, you could expand two chapters on this point alone.

3. How were they getting out of Turkey with no entry stamps on their passports?

4. I disagree with the above post, attaining world peace didn't fit in here... You could come up with another third wish however .....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
brilliant story, buuut...

I really enjoyed this. It was a unique and interesting take on the erotic genie story and on the Alladin story. The characters were interesting and likable and even believable.

Links others, I have to comment on the infinite wishes. I would like to have seen Jeff say "before we set you free, maybe we can do a few things..."

He could have wished for Clara's parents to have healthy bodies and sharp minds until they naturally pass. Her could have done the same for himself, for his family line and hers. And made the same wish for her human form if that were possible. For those of use with a bit of a retentive streak, he could have wished for something along the lines of a means to safely, and instantly transport himself and any companions home as ; otherwise they will find themselves having a hard time leaving the . Hell, he could have wished for all the necessary stamps in their passports so they could safely leave.

Anyway, a couple of small, thoughtful wish wishes and a practical one or two could have been done.

I did like the touch with the nugget wish. It probably would not have had as much impact if you included the wishes I mention. But as you left things, one does wonder how the hell they are going to leave the country without a lot of hassle.

It was great fun reading and overall I like the conclusion. I would look forward to more with these two characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Found Wanting

Wow…that was just…so…vanilla.

What a great story! Except for all the time it takes to build up the eroticism, it never dares to enter good erotica territory. The sex is so bland it reads like a fourteen year old girl's diary. Just when things heat up and start getting interesting, or there's an opportunity to explore deeper levels of sexuality, the writing settles for pretentious subtleties. And not to take that road myself, let me put it in plain words: the sex sucks.

When you have a sexy character like Lara Croft and you draw the line at vanilla, it's as bad as making a series about a zombie apocalypse where the biggest drama is of the baby mama kind. Reading your story is like watching The Walking Dead, you can't help but shake your head at all the wasted potential. If the only guts in Frank Darabont's series are the zombies', the only magic in your story is the lamp.

It was well written, much better than most Lara Croft stories out there, but unlike some of the better ones it just doesn't pack enough punch to be a good sex story. Heavy metal with no distortion, better put it under acoustic.

ralxanralxanabout 11 years ago
Great

Great story telling.

A nice plus: a finished story that doesn't leave the reader hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Great story, loved the whole thing. Keep up the great story telling!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excelent Story

Really really good story loved it all the way through. Only thing id say is even if i was as good a guy as Jeff i think it would have taken me longer to get over what Clara had accused him of. Call it what you will but she effectively said she thought he "coaxed" her into having sex against her will. There's a cruder word for that and if a girl accused me of that i would take it kind of personally. If id just given up infinite wishes for her after spending weeks trying to figure out how to free her, I'd have taken it VERY personally.

CooperEssCooperEssover 7 years ago
Cool story

She reminds me at somebody😉

Awesome story, Great Plot

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

She would have been my slave for life. Ungrateful as hell.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

LAID not layed please-

verb

past tense: laid; past participle: laid

1.

put (something) down gently or carefully.

"she laid the baby in his cot"

2.

put down and set in position for use.

"it is advisable to have your carpet laid by a professional"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermythtrav16@mythtrav16
*** October 2023 *** After some flattering encouragement from some supportive fans, I've decided to try my hand at commercial publishing, using my latest Literotica submission, 'Enshrined', as a test case. If you thought 'Enshrined' was worth the $2.99 (US), please consider b...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES