Reading the Defense Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Samantha."

"Right, when you started to talk about Samantha your body loosened up almost like whatever tension that was there sort of melted off."

Gabe and Ernie started laughing at Camille and she just batted her husband's arm.

As she stood up she looked over at Gabe with earnest eyes. "I'm telling you Gabe, she's good for you."

Even though Gabe and Ernie fell into the old routine, talking about the game, Gabe was thinking about what Camille had said. Samantha was good for him; this was something he was starting to believe too.

****

In the middle of the yard, Samantha sat with her legs extended on each side and played with Trent in the grass. He was dancing along to the music that was blaring from small speakers near the back doors. Liz and Dave had invited a number of friends and neighbors over and Samantha lost herself to the wild activities happening all around her.

Dave and some of his work buddies had tossed lighter fluid on the grill and a flame about ten feet high had shot up to the sky causing Trent to cry uncontrollably and Liz to scream at the three men. Some of Liz's friends showed up and were giving advice to her on some new hairstyles that would look great with her frame.

Liz came over to pick up her son and gestured Samantha over to the table. "It smells likeTiki Dan'sover on 58th Street, god only knows where all that food is going."

Nodding, Samantha laughed at the mound of food. "If I was one of your neighbors I would totally crash your party."

"God, I would too. Poor Trent doesn't even have a chance. Did I already say thanks for that salad?"

"No, but Dave gave me a big hug the second he saw it. What does he see in it? It's just food."

"Sam, what he sees in things is beyond me." They both laughed at that and Liz moved out back into the yard to clean up some of the paper plates.

Samantha stepped into the house, searching for some lip gloss when she heard a sound coming from her phone. Reaching for it, she looked down at the display and saw Gabe's name. Excitement flooded her and she had to force a calming breath before answering.

"Hello Gabe."

"That's all I get, a hello Gabe. Hmm." She giggled at his tone and smacked a hand across her lips.

"Samantha, are you there?"

Squeezing her eyes shut for a second, she opened them and moved herself toward the back of the house to get some privacy.

"Yes I'm here, how are you?"

"I'mgood."

"Oh you jerk, that's not funny. I meant what I said but it just...well I meant...it sort of came out all wrong but didn't and..."

"Hey Samantha..." Gabe wanted to lick the stutter from her mouth.

She blew out the word 'yes' without thinking.

"I'm glad you watched the game, I was hoping you would."

Samantha sank her body onto the steps leading to the second floor. She didn't expect him to say that. "I think it's safe to say that watching football is officially now fun. By the way I have become a laughing stock with my friends though."

She heard his deep laugh and could imagine him running a hand through his hair when he spoke. He asked her what she meant, and with heat filling her cheeks she explained how exciting it was to see him onscreen and actually doing his job.

"How's your barbecue going so far?"

Looking over her shoulder she glanced out the glass doors leading to the backyard and saw everyone sitting around and eating burgers, playing Frisbee and drinking beers.

"It's great, I probably shouldn't be gone for too long though." She winced at her own words and hoped that he didn't think she was rejecting his call.

"Right." The disappointment in his tone was unmistakable and made her smile. The knowledge that this man wanted to talk to her was really growing on her.

"Gabe."

"Yeah."

"I don't have to stay here." He fell silent on the other end. Samantha made up her mind and was going all out for whatever this thing between them was becoming.

"What are you doing right now, Gabe?"

"Talking to you." He smiled as she laughed at him. "I'm over at Ernie's, he's having a cookout. Why?"

"Oh I don't know, I was thinking about leaving here but don't really know what to do for the rest of the day. Do you have any suggestions?"

Gabe was no fool and clamped his jaw down trying to keep cool. "How quickly can you leave?"

"I've got my keys in hand, where do you want to go?"

****

An hour later Gabe heard a tentative knock on his front door. Grinning, he walked to the door and opened it to be greeted by a one Samantha Morrison.

Without hesitating he reached for her hand and pulled her into a big hug. Samantha's arms wrapped themselves around his back and she rested her face in the crook of his neck. They stayed that way for several minutes in the entranceway before releasing each other. Gabe moved back and tipped Samantha's chin with a finger, dropping a light kiss on her lips.

"Hi."

She opened her eyes and gave him a warm smile. "That wasn't fair."

Gabe threw his head back and laughed, then ushered her through the house. His hand rested in the small of her back and when she looked up at him, he just smiled again.

They went on a tour of the house he rented, while living in the area during the season. The house was a spacious two story stone croft model, with a small yard but still private from his neighbors. Each room had a masculine feel, from the dark furniture to the framed photographs on the walls. Samantha was impressed with how he decorated a rental and told him so.

"I figured if I was living in a place for longer than two months I'd want to feel like I was actually coming to a home, so I bought a few things that made it feel that way." What he didn't tell her was that he never truly felt at home in the house. In the two years he had been living in it, it felt like he was living among someone else's belongings.

"Would you like something to drink?" He released his hand from her back and made his way to the refrigerator.

She shrugged her shoulders at his question as her eyes took in the massive kitchen. "What do you have?"

"Wine, iced tea, coffee. Whatever you want, just name it." He uncapped a beer for himself and placed the bottle on the granite countertop.

"Wine would be nice, thank you."

As Gabe started to pour the wine, Samantha walked around the island that took up a large portion of the kitchen. Her fingers traced the long countertop and she looked over at the papers that were neatly placed in one of the corners.

She took the glass as Gabe passed it to her and gestured to the island. "You should really put something on that to make it stand out in here."

"What do you mean?"

"This kitchen is amazing, I mean it's a kitchen that is meant to be used and broken in, you know what I mean?"

"Kind of, I don't really get to use it all that much when I'm here."

"True, but it just seems like such a shame to have it so bare."

Gabe looked at her with open interest as Samantha contemplated the design of his kitchen. "What would you do to make it look different?" He was genuinely interested in what she had to say.

Her eyes followed the movement as her fingers once again grazed the countertops. "I'd probably put a few large glass vases on here. Fill the bottoms with stones and then throw in branches or something from outside. That or different fruits for a splash of color."

She finally looked up at him and was shocked to see the compassion in his eyes. Out of instinct, one of her hands crept up and stroked his arm that was resting against the counter. "You know what I mean?"

He nodded and placed his beer on the counter, the touch on his arm from her feather light fingers was clouding his mind. Gazing deeply into her eyes, he moved her glass to the counter as well and shifted to stand in front of her. All the while her hand continued to stroke his arm.

Gabe leaned his head down and nuzzled Samantha's neck. "All day, all I could think about was getting to you. I wanted to call last night but figured it was too late."

"It was late." She inhaled sharply when his lips brushed themselves along her skin.

Groaning, he pulled back only to drop his head and capture her lips with his own. He explored her mouth with his tongue and lifted her body so that she was sitting on top of the counter; Gabe stepped in between her legs. Samantha was feeling lightheaded from his kisses, one minute they were slow and tender the next hard and ruthless. Without thinking her fingers began a mission of their own in search to feel the heat of his body as she pulled his shirt from his pants. A sound erupted from deep in his throat as Gabe felt her hands exploring the taut skin and muscles of his chest. Gabe put his hands on the back of her head and neck and angled his head to take their kiss deeper. He was rewarded with a sweet moan from her own mouth and swallowed it as quickly as he could.

Her lungs were starting to burn and Samantha pulled away to grab fresh air. With her head leaning back Gabe buried his face in her neck and nibbled her neck, his hands continuing their seductive mission on her thighs as they hugged his hips.

Barely able to see through her excitement, she gasped out to him as he nipped a particularly sensitive spot. "Gabe!"

His voice was husky and his breathing a little labored. "Yes, sweetheart?"

"Nothing, just checking on you."

Gabe pulled back and looked at her. She gave him a wicked grin and leaned forward to kiss his dimple. Wanting a little more space and definitely a more comfortable setting he picked Samantha up and set her back down on the ground. Looking down into her lust filled eyes he dropped a kiss to her lips and grabbed her hand.

She laughed as he half guided her, half dragged her up the stairwell toward his room. Samantha had barely gotten through the door before Gabe started pulling at her clothes, stripping her. A small voice in the back of her head was screaming at her to cover her body, but the other part of her started to help him.

Tugging her dress down her body, Gabe groaned at the sight of her bra and panty set. Her skin was fair and silky smooth, the sparkled pink matching set made every single curve of her that much more tempting. He trailed his fingers along the tops of her panties as he guided her down onto the bed. Propping a knee in between her legs, he leaned forward to kiss her. Her tongue skimmed his lips before he took it into his mouth, a moan slipped through her mouth and he tore himself away from her. With a steady gaze he pulled his shirt over his head. Samantha's eyes were all over his chest and her hands started to roam his body with open appreciation. Pressing on her shoulders until she fell back against the comforter, he started kissing her all over again.

He began at her lips but broke away to trail bites down her throat and along her side, moving his way back up to lightly press moisture to the skin just above her bra. Licking the skin, he chuckled lightly as her body jerked up and her hand reached out to stroke his shoulder. Making his way back up to her lips, they met deeply before he leaned back.

"You're beautiful Samantha, so beautiful." His voice was barely above a whisper. She brushed her hands down his cheek and lifted herself to press little kisses to his chest. Gabe groaned at the sensation of her lips and tongue grazing his skin, it was warm and felt like it was searing across every spot it hit. Samantha slipped her fingers into the waistband of his jeans and started tugging at his belt. Gabe stopped her before she could go further and reached to unhook the clasp of her bra.

As the flimsy nylon fell from her body, he tossed it not caring where it landed. Samantha laughed and then cried out as his lips found her breast, moaning loudly as he ran his tongue over her nipple and began a torment on her that left her weak and needy. Waves of heat traveled down her body with each sweep, reaching down she tangled her fingers in his hair hoping to hold him in place. As one of his hands raked down her body and lightly stroked her stomach, she twisted and arched, feeling that sweet tug in her belly. He was bringing her so close yet leaving her so far, she thought she was going to die right there in his bed from pleasure.

Gabe lifted his head and saw that Samantha had closed her eyes, the rising tension from his body so close caused them to flutter open. She felt his eyes stroking her very core. The twist of his wrist where she was most vulnerable made her tremble. Stroking his shoulders, she thought he looked like he was going to say something but was struggling for the words.

"You feel so good." She brought a knee up and rubbed it against his hip to prove to him. Gabe's head fell back slightly at the sensation before he brought himself back. His fingers that had gripped her thigh trailed in front and stroked the skin lightly. Samantha gasped as his thumb stroked her most sensitive part, opening the swollen folds as he sank a finger deep inside. She began moaning as his finger moved in and out of her, sliding, pumping. Her hips following the rhythm he was creating. "Oh God, Gabe."

"So sweet." Gabe gazed down at her, biting his lip to hold back as long as he could.

"Please...oh please...I can't."

"It's okay, sweetheart." His voice strained as he started to feel her body shaking from inside, his fingers slick as they pushed in and out of her a little faster. She could barely breathe as the shocks started up her body, rocking her pelvis against his fingers, taking them deeper. The feel of his fingers and the closeness of his body was drawing her closer to the edge. Her muscles started to clench as his finger curled deep inside. He rocked his thumb, moved it in tight circles and latched his mouth below her ear. Samantha arched her back and gave in to the overwhelming orgasm as it consumed her.

With her body still shaking, Gabe moved back and ripped off his clothes. Vaguely she saw him moving to the table by the bed to grab a condom, and it was when he lay next to her did she reach out to feel him. Gabe groaned deeply at her touch. He tossed his head back as her deft fingers trailed along his length as it pulsed, memorizing him. Taking shallow breaths, he wanted to give her as much time as she wanted but knew he wouldn't last very long. He pulled her hands away and rolled on top of her. Samantha moved her legs to accommodate his body and nearly cried aloud as he guided himself inside her.

He moved slowly with each thrust, getting one inch closer to filling her completely. Samantha knew that he was going slow for her, giving her time to adjust. She wanted him like he was on the field, she wanted to feel his fierceness. To see him lose control. She wanted him raw. She lifted up and trailed kissed along his jaw to his ear. He kept his thrusting at an even pace, just then she licked his earlobe and whispered before biting down, "Let go coach."

At the sound of her voice, her wicked request, something snapped inside of him. Gabe reached down to her hips and shifted her, getting them to a position that had both gasping for air. Samantha's hands were all over his back and as he pumped harder and faster into her, his hips no longer following a plan of action. She began thrashing her head from side to side. Gabe groaned as her muscles started to tighten around his thickness, he brought his head down seeking her lips. She moved her hands from his back and clasped them on his neck as his pace started to get frantic, holding their lips together. Feeling the pressure building she ripped her mouth from his and threw her head back against the pillows gasping for air, a heated flush burning her skin. Gabe felt her body tensing and she let out a deep wail as the passion washed over her. As her body tightened around him and pulsed, he squeezed his eyes and gave into her sweet sex. With a growl, he thrust hard for a few final strokes and then cried out as he spilled himself into the condom.

Samantha cradled Gabe with her legs and kissed his shoulder until he lifted his head to look at her. He couldn't speak if he wanted to, instead he traced her lips with his thumb. Moving off of her, he stepped into the bathroom only to return to her and to the place that was calling him in that moment. Curling his body around hers, she rubbed her hands along his arms that were draped over her. Gabe dropped a kiss to her shoulder before falling back into the pillows.

"Where did you come from Sam?"

Samantha barely heard him as she was hypnotized by the warmth of his body, but she did hear him and as she fell into a peaceful sleep all she could do was smile and think how lucky she was to have met him.

****

Sometime during the night, thirst woke Samantha. Still half asleep, she looked around the room trying to figure where she was until she felt the bed move. Next to her Gabe had shifted in his sleep, something she thought he may do often in the night. Carefully, she crawled out of the bed and felt the floor for any piece of clothing she could get. Grabbing the first piece that wasn't pants, she walked out into the hall closing the door behind her.

In their haste to get to the bedroom, Gabe had left several lights on and she followed them down the stairs and to the kitchen. The skin on the backs of her thighs tickled as his shirt fell against it. The soft light provided an open gateway into the beauty of his home, it seemed to highlight the simplest pieces that pieced it all together. Framed black and white pictures of his playing days and his family were scattered all over the walls. There was a picture of a little boy being tackled by several people, a large muscular man leaned across the pileup of bodies and was beaming into the camera. The picture looked older, she traced her fingers along the frame and smiled when she looked closer at the photograph. The little boy at the very bottom of the pit was also smiling; a little dimple high on his cheekbone peeking out for its claim to fame identified a younger Gabe.

Even though he walked her through his house, she felt that for all of his belongings it was in his pictures where his home was. The framed pictures held a timeline of his life; they also showed a side of him that was making her fall for him even harder.

Taking a seat on the banquette near the back window of the kitchen, she saw from the clock on the stove that it was just after midnight. Pulling her legs into her chest, she curled into Gabe's shirt and sighed as his scent surrounded her. When he called her at the picnic, she had been excited and nervous. He was so far out of her element and yet, still within hand's reach. She loved that he considered her in the rarest of times and she, of course, considered him. When they had fallen asleep all of the nervousness left her; the way his body curled around hers made her remember that he was just a man. A sexy man that she finally saw all sides of, a smile broke across her face as she thought of the look on his face when she nipped his ear.

Resting her cheek against her knees, she turned to face the window. Her feelings for Gabe were so strong they scared her. She wasn't used to feeling this close to a man she barely knew. Everything about him was larger than life, his body, the lifestyle that came with him and even his personality. He may seem larger than life but lying curled up next to him, he was perfect.

****

Gabe rolled over in his bed to find the space next to him cold. Reaching out, he fanned his hand across the sheets in search of Samantha. Unease started to fill him and he quickly turned on the light. The clock read a few minutes past midnight, her dress lay in a heap on the floor so he knew she was somewhere around. Relief flooded him and his body started to relax, smiling at the mess on his floor he grabbed his boxers and thrust his legs into them.