All Comments on 'Reality is Different: Afterword'

by nomennescio

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great series

Thanks for this well written father daughter series. Great job. 5 star vote.

irishmike73irishmike73over 6 years ago
Holy shit!

Wow.

I don't know if there's anything else I can say about this. Truly masterful storytelling.

Please don't stop writing. I know it is challenging to put out stories like this, and there aren't any tangible rewards for you, but I would read every word you put out. You are, without a doubt, amazing. Thank you for giving us this ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very well written!

I really like your writing style, there aren't many like you on here. I wish you would write more, especially in the same vein of "Little Things", but given the scope of this story, and especially the intricacy in terms of language, I understand that it takes a while. Hope you won't give up after this one though, and I hope you have a few more ideas rattling around in your head!

Anyway, I really liked the story. It's very realistically written, and you do a very good job in terms of dialogue - another quality that is lacking 90% of the time in most stories on this website. It feels like actual people talking to one another. Something else I noticed (and I don't know if this was conscious or not) is that you definitely improved in terms of pacing. Sometimes, the lengthy introspections did drag on a little in the previous installments of this particular story, but that was much less of an issue for me here.

Anyway, I genuinely hope that this won't be the last story you post here, but regardless, this one was a pleasure to read!

nightshadownightshadowover 6 years ago
Truly satisfying!

Every nuance of this story was absolutely perfect. It plays well on the blurred lines between fantasy and reality, showing how one can inform the other and how tropes don't always exist in a vacuum of imagination. The characters are wonderfully crafted in their realism and the conflict shown was masterful. Very, VERY nicely done!

nomennescionomennescioover 6 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the kind words - I usually find, once I'm done with the struggle of trying to write, that I can no longer make any kind of honest appraisal of the quality of what I've come up with. Indeed, I'm typically somewhat sick of what I've written when time comes for it to be submitted.. The overall ratings for this one are not spectacular, but I kind of expected that just from the length and the restraint of it; I'm glad to hear that some people liked it enough to read it to the end.

Funny that you mention the pacing, anonymous; I did worry a bit about that, too, that there wouldn't be enough 'meat' in this one, with all the action crowded at the end. I guess probably having more direct interchange between the two of them helped. I've also learned a lesson from the main series here - when I wrote it, I figured that having Sarah imagine things would serve, effectively, the same role as an 'actual' sex scene, as far as adding action and steaminess and what have you. I still think that's fairly logical (there's scarcely any practical difference between reading a sex scene and reading someone's imagined sex scene), but enjoyment of a story plainly isn't a purely logical thing.

I do have a couple other germs of ideas. I'm not going to promise anything with them, though, unfortunately. When I first started writing these, they flowed very quickly out of my head, and I just had to catch the words, as it were. But it seems like every one that followed has gotten harder, struggling over each and every sentence, getting it to sound "right," to flow right, feel right, to have a certain poetry...it becomes almost obsessive, even though I know it's probably barely noticeable and maybe even detrimental in the end result. I just can't bring myself to write without doing it, and it's not very pleasant...I'd say I'm at a stage where I enjoy "having written" something, but I don't particularly enjoy the actual writing. I might start another, but it's also quite possible that I will not.

Lonely_readerLonely_readerover 6 years ago
Very good job

You took your sweet time (:P) but it was well worth it in the end.

A pity it isn't a widespread feeling, this story, the whole arc, deserves an higher score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it!!!

This is one of my favorite series on Literotica. And I know you intended to leave the series with the last chapter but I’m so happy you wrote this additional chapter! I needed the closure, the happily ever after and this was awesome! :) I would love it if you continue with it, because Sarah and her Dad’s story is just perfect. But if you don’t, thanks for the closure!!

nomennescionomennescioover 6 years agoAuthor

No kidding, lonely - it's rather excruciating knowing how long it took me to finish this up. And I'm glad you liked it, anonymous. I'm afraid though that there definitely won't be anything further with these two specifically - I never really write beyond a relationship being established, since after that, there isn't any significant conflict in the story. I think I had a little passage about that somewhere in those first five chapters, that the stories Sarah read could only end in a happily ever after, or else be left open for ever-deepening debaucheries. (I prefer the former.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it!

I love this series and this was a perfect ending. Your writing is incredible. I love how we get to really know the characters - their thoughts, motivations, feelings. The characters are multi dimensional and real. I love all your stories. Thank you for sharing your talent.

camstevens33camstevens33over 6 years ago
To nomennescio...

I really enjoyed this ending, although I fully understood your need to leave the original where it ended.

You mentioned how much harder it was getting to write. Is it maybe that, the more you write and the more experienced you become, you're setting the bar for your own expectations higher? If so, it's understandable. Just know that you're already an excellent writer, and I can count on one hand the number of submissions I've read here who approach your level of skill. "Little Things" is one of my top 5 (if not actually No. 1) favorite stories I've read here. Ever. I'd love to read a mainstream novel with an incest theme written by you. I have the utmost faith you could publish something remarkable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Truly Exceptional

I have followed this series for quite some time now, and I have to admit that I fall into the camp that felt that the way it "originally" ended was incomplete. It felt as if you'd written yourself into a corner.

But by doing this final chapter, you proved that it could be conclusive and that you hadn't written yourself into a loop. You still left the "what happens after" with enough wiggle room to go in different directions, but I think it's definitely much better and more complete with this final chapter.

This series is without exception, the best daddy/daughter story on the internet that I have ever read. I'd argue that it's some of the best erotica of any genre I've ever read. You have a real gift for writing about the struggle that both characters went through. The plausibility of it is really well done. Another thing is that it is beautiful, and powerful, despite the taboo. That is a very hard thing to do. Well done.

AveRoseAveRoseabout 6 years ago
YESSSSS!

Ok so i read the other chapters a long time ago. Left a comment complaining about how it ended and gave up hope that you would ever add another chapter. I used to check everyday and then slowly it became weeks and then months. Last night I decided to check back again thinking its a new year and maybe, just maybe there was a new chapter. And to my absolute delight not only have you finally continued the story but you gave us FIFTEEN GLORIOUS PAGES! And I was not disappointed, I loved reading every word of it. The realistic way it was written, the slow burn buildup. Ugh it was great! Thank you for one of the best stories on literotica. ;)

aoSolitude1964aoSolitude1964about 6 years ago
Masterpiece

There aren't many like you on here. the stories are mesmerizing and full... an intense explorations of sweetest loves. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good enough to be a book

If not for the topic. So well written and so hot. I'm so glad sarah got her daddy!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Worth the wait

Amazing! I love this story and these characters. Your writing is genius. I love your way with words. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderfully written! You did say you might not write any more, but I hope this has just been a hiatus. Thanks for sharing your work. All the best.

MelwinsMelwinsover 1 year ago

Does anyone know the story he's talking about where the dad and daughter go on vacation and have sex and then the dad runs away from her?

nomennescionomennescioover 1 year agoAuthor

Yeah, I was kind of poking there at the first one I submitted here, How They May Be. Or, really, the sequel to it, that's where he 'runs away.'

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It took several days to read this, and at times it got a bit slow, but the last segment was incredibly well written, suspenseful, full of emotion from both characters that just kept you immersed. Much better writer than most any other stories I've read here. Nice job and keep writing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernomennescio@nomennescio
541 Followers
8/2021: I fear the spark has left me. I've started and re-started half a dozen stories over the last few years, and every time, I get stuck midway through, losing the ability to conjure up words that would demand being read.