All Comments on 'Reality is Different Ch. 01'

by nomennescio

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
kyron99kyron99over 11 years ago
excellent

excellent work. you've nailed the emotional aspects so well; in both the initial fantasy daddy/ daughter and then the final fantasy. thrilling.

a bit long tho...skimmed over pages 3-4.

thanks!

NicoleAmyNicoleAmyover 11 years ago

Liked it , really great writing. Feels like something missing though with the fact nothing happened between them. Personally i'd have liked more than just fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I like it!

You always start at your own pace, but you always deliver in the end. That's why I love your stories.

nightshadownightshadowover 11 years ago
Outstanding!

This is simply incredible. It brings the spotlight down on this young woman's psyche as well as Reality- two things that get grossly ignored in this genre. I do it myself- make the dialogue, settings, people... all seem so real, except that the situation itself is pure schlock and rife with unreality. Your approach in this story is flat-out awe-inspiring.

I like, also, how you sort of break the "third wall" by conjuring up various scenarios, all of them surreal in their own ways. I like how Sarah continually chastises herself for getting lost in her daydreams while still, for some reason, taking refuge in them when things don't always go her way in Reality- it's like a self-perpetuating cycle that she can't bring herself to break... and I'm really diggin' on it because, yeah, it really is like that in Real Life.

"The having is not always half so good as the wanting." or "The dream is often better than the reality." However you want to phrase it, this young woman is presented with an unrealistic desire that she recognizes but has no idea how/if to fulfill it.

You're doing it right. Keep doing it. I'll keep on reading!

Nitehawk2BearNitehawk2Bearover 11 years ago
Erotic story

I enjoyed your story and the thoughts of fantasy his daughter had about her dad. A lot of time was taken up with her trying to decide whether to give in to her desires or keep them just in her head. Her fantasy only intensified later after going to bed. At that point, I think the story couldn't taken the turn from fantasy to reality agreeing with NicoleAmy. I would've liked reading that her dad was standing just inside her room listening to the sounds she is making stroking himself. At that point the love and desire they have for each other would take over. It was a pretty decent erotic story as is though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent story

Well written father daughter tale with good length, strong plot and character development. Thanks.

wallace99wallace99over 11 years ago
Great story

I really like this story so far! Can't wait for part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great author!

Whoever you are, I hope you write professionally! This piece really gave an interesting insight into the taboo category. I found myself wondering about the characters, if her fascination with her father was out of a desire to not grow up so quickly. How the love between a daughter and father is much more important than a taboo lust, as most stories set it out to be.

So I checked out your other stories, and I'm slowly working my way through them.. and they're also great. I really hope you continue to write, and do so off this site and maybe a book or something. You have a real talent.

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayover 11 years ago
Really????

Really? After five pages it ends like that?

nomennescionomennescioover 11 years agoAuthor
Thoughts

I was slightly surprised and worried at the relatively poor reception this story was getting, votes-wise - NicoleAmy, Nitehawk and Averygoodlay, though, make clear the problem which in retrospect is rather obvious, that the story has no 'real' sex in it, despite the fact that it is (somewhat paradoxically) probably the most sex-heavy story I've posted here so far. I suppose I had imagined that the daydreams that I wrote about would be enough to sate the reader's desire for that sort of thing, but of course, I was not doing them sufficient justice. Sex presented as a figment as a character's imagination does not have the same sense of fulfillment as sex which is presented as real.

Nevertheless, I fear that readers will have to endure this disconnect, and I will have to endure the low scoring which is likely to result from it - though I will at least be more aware of this issue, going forth. The story is, after all, meant as an exploration of the gulf between reality and fantasy, an examination of what it means to want something. With all respect to you, Nitehawk, the father listening at the door and coming in after hearing her is a well-worn cliché, one that is in fact explicitly mentioned as such. For that to happen would undermine the driving engine of the story, which is that reality is different, that it does not usually present us with neat and tidy resolutions which are exactly what we've dreamed. That, in fact, what we've dreamed may not even equate to what we want, that a person may not have a single sense of their desire.

And I suppose I shouldn't be a bit surprised that people would be less than thrilled with a story which is focused primarily on the worries and the doubts that a girl with such desires would feel, in reality. I don't imagine that this will be my most popular work. Still, I plan to see it through.

txcoatl1970txcoatl1970over 11 years ago
Well-crafted tease!

This story just proves that the mind is the most powerful sexual organ.

Daughter's clearly into her daddy and fantasy is her way of sort of war-gaming how different scenarios would play out. It's a lot safer to jill herself off with fantasies than

risk the realities of pursuing that.

Since we don't have a third-person omniscient narrator showing us everyone's thoughts and motivations laying down the railroad tracks and showing everyone exactly when the train will arrive at its destination- we have some suspense,

I like the description of Dad the electrician. A decent, middle-aged guy doing his best and then some.

He's no Adonis, nor is he fabulously wealthy or blessed with a ten-inch trouser snake, as far as we the audience know. Princess doesn't care. She just wants him as he is.

Since this is so far all in Princess' fertile and somewhat callow imagination, it's unclear what her daddy wants, is ready for, etc.

I'd really love to see Ch 2!

VaguelyAnonVaguelyAnonover 11 years ago

While I come to this site specifically to get a dose of taboo or perverted fantasy, I'm always disappointed that most stories, even those set in fantastical realms, lack a sense of realism. For me, nothing is more disappointing than getting to a very unrealistic, "Take Daddy's cock, whore!" and then they all live happily ever after without one ounce of thoughtful reflection on what it means to break socially constructed taboos.

This is why I've enjoyed your last three stories. I'm not so fond of the happy ever afters (sort of excited with the title suggestion that this story won't have a HEA) and incest taboo isn't my preferred topic in erotica, but my heart beats erratically reading about the mental battle one experiences when contemplating something one has internalized as sinful. I enjoy a good bit of well-written nookie just like anyone else, but nothing is more erotic than having a front row seat into how the mind comes to terms with breaking sexual barriers. To me, being intimate with this evolution is the greatest taboo of all.

Excellent work. Looking forward to new chapters.

nomennescionomennescioover 11 years agoAuthor
Re: VaguelyAnon

Yes, I'm always of two minds about the endings. I like things to work out well - I get invested in my characters, put myself in their place, and I want (at least in some sense) to see them happy. But this is a highly problematic area for things to turn out perfectly, being both illegal and highly frowned upon, as well as the fact that any realistic treatment of romantic relationships must acknowledge the fact that they very frequently fail to work out.

My usual solution, as you may have seen, is just to end things hopefully - the characters are aware to some extent of the problems ahead of them, but they 'cross their fingers' that things will work out. It's not quite so baldly rose-tinted as an outright statement that everything works out perfectly, while still managing to be fairly optimistic.

As for the ending to this - well, I'm not saying anything about it yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Story vs Porn

Really liked this tale; not very "spankable" as you admitted yourself, but I found Sarah's internal world so much more compelling (and loved the homage to youbadboy as well!). I'd love to see more of her testing her boundaries as she tries to get out of the funk she's fallen into. I'd actually rather not see the real father get into her panties, as it would probably bother her in ways that she's not anticipated. Perhaps she tries again with the boy she dated and finds that she responds better to him through incestuous roleplay. To complicate things, Roger and "mom" might come to visit and what if Roger were to live out the cliches, Sarah gets perspective about her fantasies. Definitely intrigued and would like to see her have a solid "real" sex scene and appreciate the value that fantasy adds while learning how, as with enchiladas, the sauce enhances, but doesn't replace the meat.

WarfolomeiWarfolomeiover 11 years ago
Bravo.

This is exactly what I needed today. Good work.

OleguyOleguyabout 10 years ago
You are cruel !

Definitely not kind to either your readers or your heroine. The poor lass must be just about shattered with all her mental gymnastics without fruition. This reader surely is.

nomennescionomennescioabout 10 years agoAuthor
Only to the reader

She may have found what she was hoping for! I'd have been cruel to her if it were outright denied. This is just...uncertainty.

sgkwsgkwalmost 10 years ago

Love your writing!

aLoner1964aLoner1964almost 9 years ago
Amazing

Nice build up! So far so good....

IncestPirateIncestPirateover 8 years ago
Love it

Can't wait to read the next chapter

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernomennescio@nomennescio
8/2021: I fear the spark has left me. I've started and re-started half a dozen stories over the last few years, and every time, I get stuck midway through, losing the ability to conjure up words that would demand being read.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES