All Comments on 'Reality is Different Ch. 02'

by nomennescio

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
nomennescionomennescioover 11 years agoAuthor
Bah

It's amazing how many errors I manage to miss when proofreading, and then notice even when just skimming through after it's posted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Love it!

Love the angst intermingled with the fantasies! Can't wait for more!

wallace99wallace99over 11 years ago
Really Good

You are a really talented writer. I am definitely anticipating part three.

avidreader9445avidreader9445over 11 years ago
Great depth

Whether you like the pacing of this story or not, it creates a depth in the characters, especially the daughter, that is unusual in stories on this site. Nicely done.

nomennescionomennescioover 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you.

It's certainly taking a bit of a beating in the rating, though. I'd also appreciate feedback from those who didn't like it, if anyone reading this falls into that category. Is it too verbose? (I seem to be doing that more and more, something I should probably try to consciously cut back on.) Is it the fact that there's no 'real' sexual contact? Something else?

imurddyimurddyover 11 years ago
great

It's taking a long time to get to reality, but real life is like that! You've captured the struggle very vividly! I actually went to my aunt's home to seduce her, but couldn't follow through because of those angsts! Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
wow

This is amazing, truly great work. Conjured up a lot of memories about when i lived at home and fantasied about my mother. I never got overt about how i felt with her, but i did give her many a foot and leg massage that had her moaning like a whore and became fodder for many a happy night! If it was my daughter, i'm not sure. If i thought she was old enough to make an intelligent decision, she was over the age of consent, i'd consider it. You've done far and away the best job of capturing how a girl would feel of any story i've read. Major kudos.

mikanmikanover 11 years ago
*Incredibly* good. If you're not a professional writer, you should be.

One of the hottest and best written stories I've read. Like others, I love the realism, so rare in this genre. You have a tremendously good ear for authentic voice and dialogue (loved the little things like the "...actually, hey" when she finds her dad's porn stash), and it's a genuine pleasure to read. Sarah and her Dad actually sound like real people.

I also like that you have Sarah touching on the psychology behind her kink. The combination of being simultaneously loved and used, of being adored and dominated, is what's so compelling about this dynamic. Sarah's daydreams about servicing her dad and later, being impregnated, are just as hot as would be any real sexual contact. Not that I don't want there to be any sexual contact. I do! It's just that I'm really enjoying the pacing of this story.

So yeah, in a nutshell, just superb. I can't wait for the next chapter. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Glad to see Second Part up!

I was the (currently) last commentator on the first part and I'm really enjoying the way the story is going. I like the depth and complexity and I'd like to say, while I very much want Sara to have actual physically powerful sexual experiences, I for one hope you don't feel obligated to have Sara and the Dad actually end up together--I like the sense of open endedness, that (like reality) there's no set path or guaranteed outcome. Keep surprising us like you did here. I like power of Sara's erotica imagination (which is yours of course, through the lens or your incisive characterization of her) and really enjoy her fantasies and want much more!

nomennescionomennescioover 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks

I'm working on the next chapter, slowly. Always slow. It will be some time yet. My apologies for that.

nomennescionomennescioover 11 years agoAuthor
Update

Not sure if anyone's really waiting on the next chapter, but just in case. I'm unfortunately having a fair bit of trouble making it come together. I've already restarted it completely once, and deleted large chunks several times...a large part of the difficulty here, I think, is in having Sarah transition to a more active pursuit of her father without undermining the central theme of the story. I have scenes in mind, events, but I'm having a great deal of trouble connecting them together. So. Yes. :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Love it!!

Can't wait for the next chapter. Love your writing.

mikanmikanover 11 years ago
Thank you for the updates...

...I always make a point of checking your page to see if you've posted new stuff, so the updates are appreciated.

I can also appreciate how hard it is to get everything in your story to come together in a way that stays true to your original idea. It's a unique concept and a challenging one to execute.

Anyway, I will happily keep checking back. Good things come to those who wait, right? :)

WarfolomeiWarfolomeiover 11 years ago
O.O

This just get's better and better. Unique in it's own way. Some minor typos. Can't wait to read more... there must be more !

AveRoseAveRoseabout 11 years ago
New Chapter i'm begging you

I hope a new chapter will be posted soon. I've been waiting for months to see how this turns out...

nomennescionomennescioabout 11 years agoAuthor
New chapter

I'm sorry. :( I've been struggling with it, when I've even been able to work on it. Completely started over for the second time, though I don't think I'll have to do so for a third. I know where I'm headed, more or less - getting there can just be difficult. Putting myself in character's heads, feeling the flow of the story. And then I go back and read it over later, and it sounds terrible. Blah.

In the future, I do think I'll be returning to my prior habit of finishing stories completely before posting any part of them. I had thought before that having something up and people (potentially) waiting might encourage me to work faster, but I fear now that the opposite may in fact be true.

I'll say another month. Hopefully less.

nomennescionomennescioabout 11 years agoAuthor
Update

Definitely not going to make that deadline that I said before, but I've been more productive lately. Two more scenes left. Fairly soon, I hope.

AveRoseAveRoseabout 11 years ago
Patiently waiting

awesome, i'll keep checking back!

nomennescionomennescioabout 11 years agoAuthor
grr

Terrible. Slow, slow, slow. So slow. I'm afraid I've lost a substantial amount of enthusiasm for this. Have to force myself to work on it, and half the time I can't think of anything to write. But I will get it done, eventually.

GianettaGianettaabout 11 years ago
Inspired

I've been pacing, following your tales and it 's exciting to inhabit each of your characters as you bring them so fully to life, It's a pleasure I hope to continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Sigh

I've been checking back and forth for 5+ months just for one chapter. I have tons of patience but now I'm starting to lose it. I understand you have no enthusiam for this story anymore but a huge fan can't wait this long. I really do hope you update soon or I might go crazy :(

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor
:(

I'm sorry. I am. This has been so, so ridiculous.

I deleted a large chunk of it, though, and left it alone for a while, and maybe as a consequence, it's been better since I picked it back up. I've been making decent progress, and I'm even getting near the end. Of the chapter, anyway. Not of the whole thing, which of course could be seen to bode ill for the future, but...getting near the end.

Give me another week. I'm going to have to type it up, of course, even once I've finished, and submit it, but I'm crossing my fingers and saying a week to finish writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
;)

Go ahead! Don't rush, I understand!

Excited to read what's coming next!

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Update

And I'm wrong again about how long it takes. Of course.

Basically, to explain a bit what's going on with this, I plan out what I'm going to write in the sense of 'beats,' ideas of the moments that I want to cover, with most of what I write consisting either of those beats themselves, or of the bridges that go between them, leading up to them. Trouble is, there's very little uniformity in how much text such a 'beat' actually consists of. It could be a paragraph, or it could be a couple pages. And naturally, I tend to make predictions as to how long it's going to be exactly when I'm proceeding at my fastest.

When I predicted that there was a week to go, I had about four beats left to cover. At the moment, I'm about halfway through the second of those. So...a consistent rate of progress through the beats would suggest slightly less than two weeks more before I actually finish. This could be wrong again, of course. If it is, I'll do another update on my progress then. And hopefully the shame of doing so will encourage me to actually finish this thing in something like a reasonable time, rather than taking another six bloody months on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Progress

I'm excited! I really am curious to know what's going to happen! As long as its very soon, I'm sane.

Keep up the good work! If the chapter is long, better to know more than too little!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Waiting

I can't wait for the update!

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Delaying again :(

Argh. Well, good news and bad. I am on the final beat now. I struggled for a while with getting it started, but it is at least going now, and while I was struggling I did type up and review a large chunk of what I had before, so when I finish writing it won't be near as long for me to type up what remains.

Just as a status update kind of thing, chapter 3 currently stands at a little over 40,000 words, which is more than chapters one and two put together...it's been considerably longer than I expected. Hm. Almost to the point where I should maybe even submit it as two chapters in itself. I wouldn't tend to say that two chapters worth of EVENTS happen, necessary, but it does seem that there's at least two chapters of material. And there is at least a fairly natural point of division.

Think I should chop it in two, and submit the half that's already done?

VividryVividryalmost 11 years ago
Gimme Gimme

That's REALLY long and it gets me even more happier. The back of my mind is telling me to finish on your last beat since it's practically almost done but my gut is telling me hell yea, post the half now!

What to do?

I say, you might as well update it now :)!!!!!!!

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Okay

I've submitted the first more-or-less-half of what I've been working on as chapter 3. Might be a day or three before it actually goes up, but - yeah. Hopefully it'll tide people over for a bit.

And hopefully it's not too slow. There's not a lot that happens in it, per se. Which is maybe a complaint that could be made about both of my earlier chapters as well, that it's mostly just inside of Sarah's head, but...well. I guess we'll see.

VividryVividryalmost 11 years ago
Woohoo

I'm so eager to know! Thanks! :)

VividryVividryalmost 11 years ago
Literotica

Literotica needs to hurry with submitting the story >.<

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Mm

Yeah, taking a while. Sometimes in the past I've seen the 'views' count on submitted stories go up before they're accepted, which I assume is from them being checked, but that hasn't happened here yet. Dunno.

VividryVividryalmost 11 years ago
Weeee

Ah, well. I hope it's submitted ASAP! :)

Certain people are chewing off their nails in anticipation!

nomennescionomennescioalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Bah

It was rejected for "was there an underage relationship," despite the fact that there wasn't one. Not that I expect the people checking these things to look back to the earlier chapter where the main character's age is given, but still, a little frustrating. This site can be a little paranoid about that kind of thing. Beginning to understand why people put the boilerplate "All characters over 18" at the start of their stories.

Anyway, I've added the above disclaimer and resubmitted. Back to the bottom of the queue.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernomennescio@nomennescio
8/2021: I fear the spark has left me. I've started and re-started half a dozen stories over the last few years, and every time, I get stuck midway through, losing the ability to conjure up words that would demand being read.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES