Rebound Ch. 01-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Willow sighed and moved closer to the edge of the bed. She muttered something about wanting a stake, but Spike didn’t quite catch the rest of it. He picked up her book and tossed it in front of her. “Since you’re obviously dying to know, I’ll save you the suspense.” He leaned over her and moved her hair off her shoulder, and whispered in her ear, “Read page 157.”

Willow’s hand shook as she opened the novel. Her eyes quickly scanned the page. She gasped. “I can’t do that!”

“And why not, pet?” He ran the tip of his finger over the rim of her ear. “I promise you’ll find it enjoyable.”

“I’m not that bendy!”

********

“What took you guys so long to get here. I’m starv–“ Xander stared dumbfounded. “Either work is really scarce in L.A. or you’re not the pizza man.”

Angel leaned forward expectantly. “May I come in?”

“That depends, do you have a pizza under that big black coat?” Xander swallowed when Angel looked less than amused. “Come on in.”

Angel followed Xander downstairs to his “room” in the basement. He knew the young man did not particularly care for him, and he felt uncomfortable barging in like this, but it couldn’t be helped. Xander gestured to the couch against the wall. Angel examined the saggy, worn mess and decided to stand instead. Xander shrugged and sat down. “What can I do for you, big guy?”

“It’s about Willow . . .”

“She’s not in trouble, is she?” Xander made as if to stand, but Angel waved him back down.

“No. At least not the immediate kind.” Angel frowned. “Have you noticed anything strange about her lately? Any new boyfriends? Has she been spending a lot of time outside, late at night? Or alone? Anything like that?”

“Why are you so worried about Willow’s love life?” Xander said gruffly. “Leave her alone. Look, its not like you have a good track record with living girls. Remember dating Buffy and then going “postal” on everyone? It just doesn’t work out for you. Go get yourself a dead girlfriend.” Xander stood up, ready to take on the vampire.

“Calm down, Xander.” Angel sighed. “I’m not interested in Willow.”

“You’re not?”

“No, she’s interested in . . .” He trailed off. This would not only sound terribly arrogant, but would also be deeply embarrassing for Willow.

“In . . .”Xander prompted.

“In me” Xander burst into laughter. Angel waited several minutes for him to stop before continuing. “Have you been looking for a blue demon with purple spots?”

“Have you been feeding on crackheads? First, you think Willow likes you, now you’re seeing demons with spots?”

“Willow called me and asked for my help with a demon Buffy was looking for. I overheard her talking about kissing Spike-“

”What?!”

“Then, when we were at dinner, she showed me this vampire romance novel she had-“

”Wait a minute! You took her to dinner?”

“She was hungry and I needed-“

”Yeah, I think I know what you were ‘needing’, Deadboy.” Xander stood up again.

“Will you give it a rest? I’m not interested in Willow.”

“Alright, but you better be careful. I see some bite marks on her neck and you are going down!” He took a deep breath. “ Now, what’s this about a book?”

“Yes, it was about a vampire and a human woman. Apparently, they were-“

”Dark Embrace?” Xander queried.

“You know about that book?”

“Of course, I gave it to her.”

“Why would you do that?” Angel sounded truly perplexed. Was it normal for people to have this kind of interest in the undead?

“Well, she was dating Oz at the time and,” Xander paused to clear his throat. “Oz overheard Wills saying to Buffy that she thought you were a hunk. So, I gave it to her as a joke. Pissed Oz off every single time he saw it. It is just a joke between friends. Don’t read anything into it, Willow has better sense when it comes to men than Buffy.”

“She told Buffy I was a hunk?” Angel ignored the barb.

“Yeah, well, don’t get your hopes up. She was trying to cheer Buffy up at the time.” Xander fixed Angel with a look. “She’s honest, but she’s also the kind to fib to make someone feel better.”

Angel sighed, he really didn’t want to get into a shouting match with Xander right now. He settled for glaring at the young man. Angel was starting to wonder if he had overreacted. Maybe she didn’t have feelings for him after all. Still, that didn’t explain anything with Spike or with why she had called him here. “So you don’t think anything strange is going on?”

Xander stopped to think about it for a minute. “Well, I was supposed to pick Spike up from her earlier and she wouldn’t let me.”

“Somehow it keeps coming down to Spike.” Angel left without a word to Xander, it was time he had a little chat with the younger vampire.

*******

Willow gave Spike a mutinous look as she scrambled off the bed and onto her feet. “I’m not doing that with you over some silly bet.”

“Oh, you think it’s silly? Well, if it doesn’t mean anything to you, we can just end it. All you have to say is three little words, pet.”

“Kiss my -“

”You win, Spike.”

“Tushy.” She finished lamely.

“Hmm, that could be interesting. What a naughty little mind you’ve got. But if you want to do that, we’ll have to wait for another night. Since I won, I get to choose.” He moved into a sitting position on the bed.

“Ewww! This is just like that slapping thing, isn’t it? All vampires are perverts.” She turned her back to him and crossed her arms. “ I think you should go home now.”

“But you suggested it, luv. I was just being agreeable.” He reached out for her but Willow jumped away, shooting him a scathing glance.

“Get out! Go to Xander’s house. NOW!”

“I can see your upset. I’ll take a walk while you calm down.” He stood up and said casually. “ By the by, your mum and dad called and said they would be staying at a friend’s house this evening. Some dinner party at a lake or some rot.”

“You answered the phone?”

“Of course! It was ringing.”

“What did you tell them?”

“I just said that you were helping me with my homework, pet. Human Anatomy.”

“Did they buy it?”

“Excuse me! I’ll have you know that I’m an expert at lying. Do you know how hard it is to walk the fine line between pissing the slayer off a bit and making her mad enough to stake me? I deserve a bloody Oscar.”

“Fine. Whatever. Why don’t you take that walk?”

“Alright. Promise you won’t deinvite me from the house?”

“Leave!”

“I’m going. Give me a goodnight kiss?”

“Go!” Spike smiled rakishly before he bolted out the door.

*******

Spike chuckled to himself as he walked the streets of Sunnydale. He had Willow exactly where he wanted her. Soon, she would be his. He imagined the two of them going around the world together. He’d get the damn chip removed and she would be his companion until the world faded into oblivion.

Spike was busy planning when he ran smack into Angel as he rounded a corner. “Bloody hell, watch where you’re going, mate.”

“Spike. We need to talk.”

“That’s all you get to do these days, huh? All talk and no action.”

“We need to talk about Willow.”

“What about her?” He asked innocently.

“What are your intentions?”

“Who the hell are you? Her bleedin’ father?”

“Spike, what are your intentions?” Angel repeated.

“Peaches, what I do with Willow is none of your business.”

“I know that you’ve been neutered by that chip. Giles told me all about it. With one phone call and a few choice words I could have Buffy over here in a second. You’d be nothing but ashes.”

“Excuse me! I am not neutered. The correct term for it is defanged. You, on the other hand, ARE neutered. Oh, and we both know you won’t call the slayer or you would’ve already done it. It’d probably make you cry to see good ‘ol Slutty again.”

Angel fought to control his temper, he knew Spike was deliberately goading him. “Look, I’m worried about Willow. I know you can’t hurt her now-“

”I think you are wasting your time thinking about her, mate. She’s mine! Got it? First, Drusilla and now Willow. “

”Just what are you implying? That I am after Willow?” Angel stared at Spike, whose face was set in a mulish expression. After more than a century of spending time with this demon, Angel knew what it meant. Spike had decided he wanted something and he wasn’t about to let anyone stand in his way. “Listen, defanged or not, you will not be going near her again, or I’ll stake you myself.”

“I think you need to take that up with Willow.” Spike smiled as he reached in his pocket for a smoke. He lit it and blew a stream of smoke at Angel. “Little witch likes having me about.”

“You’re just an inconvenience to her Spike. To her and to everyone else.”

“Really? Then why doesn’t she uninvite me? Why did she bring me up to stay in her bedroom instead of the basement?” Spike stepped closer to his grandsire, smirking. “Why was she wearing clothes that I picked out for her? Why did she kiss me? Why was she sitting on my lap?”

Angel hesitated, but did not step back. “You’re twisting the truth around, Spike.”

“Did she deny it? Any of it?” Angel remained silent. “Ahh, have I gotten through that massive gelled head of yours then? I tell you what. If you still don’t believe me, why don’t you go up to her room right now and ask her again if all those things happened.”

“I think I will, Spike. And if you’re lying, I’ll take you with me to L.A.—in a little glass jar.” Angel spun on his heel, his coat billowing around him, headed towards Willow’s house.

“Peaches!” Spike waited until he paused. “Don’t stick around after I get back. I have a feeling Red and I will be needing some privacy.”

********

Willow tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear and stared at the tall man now sitting in her desk chair. She sat on the edge of her bed, her feet crossed at the ankles and her hands folded in her lap. This won’t do. I need to look sexier–more like Buffy. She recrossed her legs at the knees and folded her hands behind her head. Relax, you can do this. “So, what did you want to ask me?”

Angel smiled at her, trying to put her at ease. “Willow, Spike told me some things tonight about the two of you and your . . .relationship.”

She pinkened. “Like what?”

“That you. . .kissed him, sat on his lap, and that your interested in him.” When she didn’t jump to defend herself, Angel started to lecture her. “Willow, I know you are young and naive. You are probably curious about Spike, but he’s a demon, Willow! He would kill you without a second thought and-“

Willow was sick of being lectured. “Angel, this is none of your business.”

“But-“

”This doesn’t concern you!”

“I care about you, Willow.” He said simply.

“I know you do, and I hate to see you so worried. So, I’m going to be honest with you.”

“Finally.”

“Angel!” She admonished, then stared at the wall behind the imposing vampire. She didn’t think that she could look him in the eye as she said this. “ Spike and I made a bet. I bet him I could go out with you and make you fall in love with me.

“You made a bet?” The vampire was dumbfounded. “ Why would you do this? You called me all the way down here just to win some bet.” His expression darkened. “This is all Spike’s fault, he’s influencing you. Making you do things that you wouldn’t normally do.”

“No, Angel. The bet was my idea.”

He stared at her as if she had grown an extra head. “I’m so sorry, Angel. I knew it would be painful for you to come to Sunnydale. You must thing I’m a horrible person.”

Despite himself, Angel couldn’t continue to be angry with her. His sense of humor took over. To be honest, he was amazed that Willow had been able to pull this off. “So, no smelly multi-colored demon?”

“No, I’m so sorry.”

“You were going to seduce me?”

“No, just date you.” Her voice had lowered to a whisper. “The clothes. . .”

“I noticed them. Willow?”

“Yes?”

“What were you going to win?”

“A prize of my choice.”

“And Spike wins the same thing?”

“Yes, he already told me what he wants.” Willow was surprised, the idea of losing to Spike didn’t bother her as much as it once had. The more she thought about giving him his prize, the more she warmed to the idea. But part of Willow still wanted to win. She wondered how Spike would have reacted when she beat him.

“What’s that?”

She grabbed the book and thrust it at him. “Page 157.”

Angel flipped to the page. At first he looked confused as he figured out the various euphemisms. Then, as comprehension dawned, the book hit the floor with a thud. Angel sat down and looked at Willow. She studied the floor. Finally he reached down and picked up the book again. He re-read the passage more slowly. He caught her eye and quirked an eyebrow. “Are you really that bendy?”

Willow was beet-red. “I guess I’m going to have to be.”

“No, you’re not.”

“What do you mean? I’ve lost the bet and–“

”No, you haven’t. I am going to help you.” He said with a determined nod. “Spike wasn’t playing fair, so there is no reason you have to play fair. Besides, I don’t want you getting involved with Spike. However, I want two things in return for my assistance.”

“What would those be?” She sounded hesitant. She didn’t think Angel would ask for anything inappropriate, but after nearly two days with Spike, she had learned to be cautious.

He gave her a look that said I know what you’re thinking and you should be ashamed of yourself. “One, you never make a bet like that with Spike, or anyone for that matter, again.”

“Of course.” He looked dubious. She added solemnly, “I promise.”

“And two, you have to answer this truthfully,” She waited for him to ask her how she really felt about Spike. He grinned in an almost wicked way. “Did you really tell Buffy I was a hunk?”

Willow threw her pillow at him. He caught it and gave her a cheesy grin. Then he pulled her into a brief hug. “You had me so worried.”

“I’m sorry, Angel!”

“Listen, he’s on his way back, so we have to think of something fast. Come here.” He pulled her head close to his mouth and began to whisper in her ear. First she blushed , then she began to giggle as Angel filled her in on his plan. “And Willow?”

“Yes?”

“Let’s try to keep this from getting to the other Scoobys, ok?” She nodded. He had said “Scoobys”; he meant “Buffy”.

*******

Spike grinned the whole way back to Willow’s. By now, the lovely red head would be ready to give up and send Peaches back to L.A. He hopped over a fence and into her yard. All of the curtains on her windows were shut. Damned inconvenient. How am I supposed to spy on them? He would have to settle for listening. He climbed up to her balcony and settled himself leaning against the rail. He lit a smoke and waited for the fun to begin. Spike almost choked on his first inhale.

“OH, Angel!” Willow’s soft voice nearly moaned. “That makes me feel so good.”

“Just a little more the left, baby.” Angel’s deeper voice encouraged. “It’ll be even better. Remember to breathe.”

“Can we do that again?” She sounded breathless.

“Sure. Just lift your leg a little.”

“This is amazing.” She let out a giggle. “Hey, my hair’s caught.”

“Sorry, let me fix that. There. Better?”

“Much.” She sighed. “I guess I am more bendy than I thought.”

“I told you that you could do this, with a little effort.” His voice deepened. “And the right motivation.” Spike was seeing red. He should have known better than to trust that bloody wanker to do the honorable thing. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. It was the same thing with Drusilla. Apparently, Angel/Angelus (as if it mattered) had a problem remembering exactly who his girlfriend was. Red belonged to Spike. If Angel didn’t have the morals to leave the girl alone, he could at least respect his grandchilde’s territory. It was bloody rude, was what it was.

Inside the room, Willow was trying very hard not to laugh. Angel was teaching her some rudimentary yoga. He was experienced in it, and had often practiced it with Buffy when he helped her train. She was stretching muscles she hadn’t known she had. When Angel told her Spike was now outside listening, he had encouraged her to speak up. Her comments had seemed completely innocuous until she thought about them from what she imagined Spike’s perspective to be. Then they become not only suggestive, but spectacularly funny.

“Let’s try a new one, “ Angel suggested. She moaned again as they stretched to a different position, her mouth twitching with the effort to hold her laughter in.

Angel couldn’t believe what a good pupil she was. She was a natural at this. He stood behind her, his body towering over hers, as he guided her body into the strange positions. He saw her trying to conceal her laughter, and suddenly had the urge to tickle her. What would Spike think of that? He smiled. Why not find out?

He reached down to her ribcage and brushed his fingers over it lightly. She let out a girlish shriek and tried to squirm away. So, she was ticklish! He would not relent, running his hand over her side again. She kicked at him. “Ow! That hurt! Be careful, darling.” He continued tickling her anyway. She squealed, then they both hit the floor with a loud thud.

“Stop, stop! No, Angel. . . I can’t take it anymore, please!” She gasped out between bouts of laughter.

Spike had heard enough. He reached for the handle of the balcony doors, but he hesitated. Angel’s voice reached his ears. “Beg me.” Spike thrust the doors open and pushed inside.

When Angel saw Spike he felt a sharp stab of disappointment. He had been having fun. And he couldn’t remember the last time he had laughed that hard. It felt really good to finally be comfortable with someone. No intensity, no fear, no desperation or sense of futility. Just peaceful. . .and almost happy.

Spike was practically vibrating with rage. “What the HELL is going on here?” Angel was underneath Willow, his sides shaking with silent mirth, as Willow hit him about his bare chest and arms. “Haven’t you ever heard that ‘no’ means ‘no’?”

They both stopped their playful antics to stare at Spike. “Oh, hello there. Have a nice walk?” Willow asked. She made no move to get off of Angel.

“Just hunky dory, pet.” His eyes spit fire and took on an amber glow as he regarded Angel. “What’s going on?”

“I was just showing her some of my moves, Spike.” He caught Willow’s eye and they laughed as if they were sharing some lover’s joke.

“I see.” His jaw clenched. “Well, don’t you have to be going, Peaches? The sun’s almost up. Time for all good poofters to be in bed.”

Angel wrapped his arms briefly around Willow, then supported her as she climbed to her feet. He stood in one swift movement, then enveloped her in a hug, picking her up off the ground. He was reluctant to let her go. He’d been having such a good time, his voice was a little more tender than necessary when he said,“See you tomorrow, darling?”

“No, she has classes. She’s very busy with homework and research.” Spike said.

“Don’t be silly, Spike. I can always make time for Angel.”

“Goodnight.” Angel said softly. Her eyes lifted to meet his, and for a brief moment, they stood staring into each other’s eyes. He knew that he should kiss her goodnight just for Spike’s benefit, but suddenly he was nervous. Her breath caught in her throat as she looked up into his face, and she glanced down again. He felt a predatory thrill, as he tilted her chin up. He leaned forward and brushed his lips against hers. She shivered. He leaned forward again to deepen the kiss, but was stopped by a loud cough from Spike.

Angel stepped back from Willow, looking a little shaken. He hadn’t intended to enjoy the kiss. Or to continue it. She looked surprised, too. “Goodnight.” He said again.

“Yes, yes, you already said that, Peaches.” Spike pushed the dazed vampire towards the door. “This is the part where you leave.”

Angel stepped through the doorway, still a little shocked and confused by what had just happened. Spike slammed the door shut and locked it behind him. Then he spun around to stare accusingly at Willow that’s when he spotted Angel’s satin shirt and trademark black trench coat on the bed. He gathered both of them up and held them at arms length as if they were toxic. Without ceremony, he unlocked the balcony doors, walked to the edge, and flung them down on Angel’s head. The baffled vampire hadn’t even realized he was rambling off into the night without the rest of his clothes.