Rebound Ch. 01-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Spike walked back in and locked the doors behind him. He scanned her bookshelves, “You got an uninvite spell in one of these books, luv?”

She was enjoying his obvious pique and decided not to address his question. “Hmm, maybe I should be thinking about what my prize should be.” She smiled dreamily as she sat down at her vanity to brush out her hair. “I know.”

“No use wasting your time thinking about that, luv. It’s not like you’re going to win.” Spike pouted as he leaned against the door.

“Your duster.”

“Excuse me?”

“It’ll go well with the leather outfits that Angel likes.”

“Forget about it.”

“Only three more to go.” She smiled as she dug in a drawer for her pajamas.

“Do my ears deceive me?” He walked over to look over her shoulder and peer into the drawer. “You need four more dates.”

“Three.” She pulled out a knee length, sleeveless flannel sleep shirt. Spike reached his hand in, pulling out a silky chemise with a questioning look. She tore it out of his hands and stuffed it back in the drawer. “I went to dinner with him this evening. Then he came over again later. That’s two.”

“That last bit wasn’t official, it doesn’t count!” Spike protested as he went to reach back in the drawer.

She slammed it shut on his hand. “Of course it does.”

“Ow! Bloody Hell, Red. “ He clutched his throbbing hand to his chest.

“Does it hurt?” She asked sympathetically.

“Yes. Kiss it and make it better?”

“Funny, I got the impression that your hand isn’t what you’d like me to kiss.”

He refused to answer the taunt and held out his hand. She rolled her eyes but brushed a light kiss across his knuckles. “Mmmm. . .that feels better. But it still hurts here.” He wiggled his thumb. She obligingly kissed it. “And here.” He offered her his palm and she kissed it too. “Much better. Thank you, luv.”

Willow almost felt guilty for deceiving the blond vampire. Almost. “Three dates.” She said stubbornly.

“Four.”

Knowing Angel was part of her little plan, she conceded. “Four.”

“Now, pet, which side do you sleep on? I’m exhausted.”

“I sleep in the middle of the bed and you are sleeping on the floor.”

“Pet, you injured me and then you’re going to make me sleep on the cold, hard floor all by myself?” His lower lip protruded.

“I’m not buying it Spike. You slept on Xander’s nasty couch. You even slept with Harmony. My floor is a vast improvement. If you ask me nice, I’ll give you a blanket and a pillow.”

“‘Why ,pet, I do believe you’re jealous of Harmony. If you let me sleep on the bed, I promise to keep my delectable body all covered up, keep you away from temptation.” At her look, he held up his hands. “Fine, I’ll sleep on the bloody floor. But I get the fuzzy blanket and the big pillow.”

“Alright.” She walked off to change in the bathroom. When she got back Spike appeared to be asleep on the floor. She slid into bed, sighing. Her eyes drifted close, she was hovering on the edge of sleep when she felt eyes on her. She knew immediately it was Spike.

She rolled over and sighed into her pillow. “Oh, Angel.”

Spike reached over and shook her awake. “Red! Wake up!”

“Spike?” She muttered sleepily.

“You were having a bloody nightmare.”

“I was?” She tried to hide her smile.

“You were about to wake the dead with your screaming.” He nodded solemnly. “But don’t worry.” He stretched out beside her. “I’ll be right here to make sure it doesn’t happen again.” Ever. From now on, you’ll be dreaming about me, Red, he added silently. He opened his mouth to speak again, but she was already back asleep, a grin turning the corners of her lips. He scowled and wished he knew why she was smiling in her sleep, now. He slid under the covers and pulled her closer to his body, finally giving in to sleep.