All Comments on 'Recycling Emotions'

by RedHairedandFriendly

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Black_marvin55Black_marvin55about 12 years ago
So Sad

I truly enjoyed this story - one of the best written that I've seen here on Literotica. But I'm sad that things didn't work out between Betty and Frank. I realize that the difference in ages was large, but I was really hoping that love would will out. Anyway, the ending did show the realistic side of life and I know that my hopes were just the fantasy of romance, but romance is grand in itself. Again, a great story and very, very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
worst ending ever

I was disappointed in the ending. It just sort of cut off and didn't seem to fit with the rest of the story. It was too contrived and made a mockery of each character's actions.

DonovanCraneDonovanCraneabout 12 years ago
Beautiful

I found the whole tone to be impressive, intermingling beautiful, touching eroticism with a sense of tragic loss and melancholy. The texture of the story is compelling, and demands to be read. The characters feel so real, like people one would expect to meet in an episode travelling mishaps. The chemistry between Betty and Frank is very strong, but it seems pretty clear from the start that the two of them can only offer each other a sort of temporary companion in one another's lives.

I love the complexity and tone of this story. Once again, Red proves herself a very adept writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
No good at all...

i really expected better from you.

Jim44444Jim44444about 12 years ago
Good story, weak ending

A good story but with a weak ending. I would have rated it higher but I could not see any real connection to the contest theme. Labeling Frank as an enviromentalist and sending him to an Earth Day conference in Philadelphia seemed to have no meaning to the plot and appears contrived to fit into the contest. You can do much better than this Red.

BogartsBossBogartsBossabout 12 years ago
No.

The ending suits the story. The needs of one generation, are not the same as the needs of another.

Nemo18Nemo18about 12 years ago
Sweet

But I agree with the other comments that it had little to do with earth day

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182about 12 years ago
now that was a sex scene

long and detailed and well-written, with characters you care about.

i've read a ton of stories on lit where people find their one true love, and a ton more where people have (or are forced into) random hot sex with love nowhere in the picture, but the stories where someone believably loves more than one person at the same time are much, much rarer. i think you really pulled that off here, and liked the aphoristic ending about recycling emotions.

btw, i really liked tyler and hope he gets betty :)

and sorry, i know nothing about vintage cars, or any other cars ... really enjoyed the story, anyway, though!

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Hated it

Especially the ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous