Reese Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

******

"What the hell?" Marco asked out loud as he read the updates for the ball.

"What's wrong?" Edgar asked rubbing his back.

"The son of a bitch postponed it!" Marco exclaimed. "Why would he do that?"

"I don't know, but it is an interesting development," Edgar replied. "What does it say about the guest list?"

"It hasn't changed," Marco replied. "It just says that the ball is postponed until further notice and to keep checking the site."

"But this could be a good thing right?" Edgar asked as he continued to rub Marco's back. "It gives us more time to plan instead of going in halfcocked. It also gives Alex more time to get used to her life as a vampire. I wonder if my father knows about the postponement."

"I would be surprised if he didn't," Marco said. "The question is whether he's called Reese yet. We need to talk to Reese as well. You really aren't a hostage anymore but we need your father's cooperation. Now that the ball is postponed we have to decide what we're going to do."

"You'll have to keep up the illusion," Edgar said. "If you don't my father won't cooperate and my mother will call her father if she hasn't already."

"Edgar," Marco said after a long silence. "This is your family we're talking about. You would do that to them?"

"You, Reese and now Alex are my family and if I have to deceive my birth family to keep you guys safe I will. I won't like it, but I will do it."

"This isn't even your fight," Marco said turning to face him. "Let's see what we can work out..."

"It's my fight because it's your fight. Isn't that a part of being mates? When it's over, we'll talk to my parents and move on. Hopefully they'll forgive me, but if they don't..."

Marco reached over and hugged Edgar consumed by guilt. If he had only claimed him before Reese kidnapped him he wouldn't be in this situation.

"Yes I would," Edgar said kissing his cheek. "I would still have to make the same decisions so stop feeling guilty."

"Thank you," Marco replied his voice tight. "I love you."

"I love you too; now let's find out if our fearless leader has heard the news," Edgar said giving Marco another hug.

****

Reese had in fact heard the news. Lewis called him as soon as he knew.

"Why is it being postponed?" Reese asked.

"The word is that Cristiano found his true mate and she wants nothing to do with him. His plan was to have the wedding during the ball."

"Wait - he had a mate," Reese said confused.

"Apparently she was just a stand in," Lewis replied. "That's all I know. Now what about my son? You can't hold him indefinitely. What if the ball is cancelled?"

"Did your mate call her father?" Reese asked.

"Yes - what about Edgar?" Lewis demanded.

"He stays with me for the time being," Reese replied. "As always, you will keep me informed and please tell your mate that she has my thanks, but if her father comes after me he will regret it."

Reese hung up and looked at Alex.

"The ball is postponed but we don't know for how long..."

"This is a good thing," Alex interrupted. "We have more time to come up with a more concrete plan and to gather more intelligence. Do we know if the guest list has been changed?"

"According to Lewis it hasn't," Reese replied. "This also gives you more of a chance to adapt to the changes that you've just undergone."

"And to go motorcycle shopping?" Alex asked hopefully.

"Of course but don't you want to shop for - pretty things?" Reese asked.

"I'm basically a tee shirt and jeans kind of girl," Alex replied, "but I like pretty things, too, so when do we go shopping?"

"We'll go shopping for a bike, first, and then, for anything else that you want. We will also need to create new bank accounts for you. Once that is done and you are done with the military there can be no paper trail that leads to you. Marco can do that for you as well as create any legal documentation that you might need."

"The first thing that I need to do is to put in my papers. We can do the bank stuff once I get my discharge papers. Reese, I have a few family members that I would like to see before we disappear. They're elderly..."

"There is no need to explain," Reese said. "It is enough that you want to see them so see them you shall."

"Hey Reese?" Marco called in through the door. "You guys decent?"

"Give us a few minutes and we'll come down," Reese called back.

After a quick shower, they met Marco and Edgar in the computer room. Reese grabbed a chair and pulled Alex into his lap.

"What do you know?" He asked.

"Only that the ball is postponed, but I don't know why," Marco replied. "The guest list hasn't changed - at least not yet. Have you spoken to Edgar's father?"

"Yes, and he told me what you did as well as why the ball is being postponed," Reese said.

"A female?" Edgar asked in disbelief.

"Sure," Alex said. "Wars have been fought over a woman, so why not postpone a ball?"

"There is also another issue," Reese said. "Edgar, your family believes that you are here under duress..."

"It has to stay that way," Edgar said. "My father won't help you unless it does. Before you say it, I know what I'm doing and my allegiance is with Marco and by extension you. My family will be upset, but they'll have to get over it."

"Before we do that," Alex said. "Let's see if there are any other options."

They talked for a long time before concluding that at the moment there weren't any. Edgar however; issued a warning.

"My mother has probably already contacted my grandfather so be careful. His memory is long and he's a firm believer in paybacks so when this is over, you'll have him to contend with."

"We will deal with that when it happens," Reese said. "Right now, we have to take advantage of this extra time. Marco - you and Edgar need to have a plan in place for after the ball. Staying in Austria, or anywhere in Europe, is not an option. Alex and I will leave right after the ball, as well."

"So we're done?" Edgar asked. "We won't see each other again?"

"Of course we will," Alex said, "but probably not for a while. You and Marco need some alone time and so do we."

"I was thinking," Marco said. "I agree that we need to part ways for a bit, but what if we were to keep doing what we're doing? I mean you know how there are the Nazi criminals of war hunters? We could be like that! We could keep doing things the way that Reese and I were doing it before you and Edgar came into the picture. What do you think? I mean what else are we going to do with our time?"

Reese looked over at Alex and could tell that she liked the idea. He did too, but first things first.

"We can talk about that later," he said. "I need to call Leo to make sure he knows what's going on..."

"And to take him, and the others, off of guard duty," Alex reminded him.

"That too," Reese agreed. "But in the meantime we continue collecting all of the information that we can. Marco and Edgar, keep an eye on that guest list and Edgar call your parents. Assure them that you are safe and remind them that your grandfather needs to back off. We need to find out where that ball is going to be. Alex is right in saying that we can't plan until we know what we're dealing with."

Marco looked at him and then at Alex.

"Damn!" he exclaimed shaking his head.

"Marco, start working on new bank accounts for Alex. Make her last name Barresi, put money in those accounts and then give her the information. When she's ready she'll have you close out her other accounts and roll them over into one of the new ones."

There was a moment of silence that was broken by Alex.

"Edgar; how about you and me making diner? I'm famished.

"Sure, but isn't it too soon for you to be eating? The toast didn't go so well did it?"

"Well no, but I still want to try," Alex replied. "The blood is good, but I feel like I need more."

Once again, Reese was intrigued as to why Alex's turning was so different than any he had heard of, or witnessed. Marco had been his one, and only, but his recovery had taken three days. It was another month before he could eat. He had cried throughout the entire process, as had he, for that matter, but Alex had been almost stoic. What was it that made her so different? He wanted to know.

"Cara -I will help you prepare your meal," he said. "I happen to enjoy cooking, although I can't eat."

When they were alone in the kitchen, Reese asked her about her pain control.

"I've always had a high pain threshold," she replied, "and I underwent training in how to withstand torture. Those things combined helped. As to why I'm hungry for human food, I have no idea; that's your department."

"Please let me know if something doesn't feel right."

"I promise, now stop worrying," Ales said swatting his ass with her hand.

They finished preparing the meal with Reese doing most of the cooking. He, Marco and Edgar watched as Alex took one bite and then another of the pasta and green beans. However, when she took a bite of the chicken, she gagged.

"I was thinking about becoming a vegetarian anyway," she replied once her stomach settled.

"Maybe it's too soon," Marco offered. "But it's amazing that you can eat so soon. You and Reese go on and do whatever you want. Edgar and I will clean up."

Reese and Alex went back to the computer room to check on a few things, leaving Marco and Edgar alone.

"I liked your idea," Edgar said as he cleared the table, "and I think that our fearless leader does too, even if he didn't say so."

"I agree," Marco replied. "But I also agree that we need to get through this thing first. Oh, and whatever you do, don't call him fearless leader to his face."

They finished cleaning the kitchen in silence. Edgar was thinking about his family and Marco thinking about a name for their little agency.

"I like the agency idea," Alex said as they read through the guest list looking for changes.

"I know," Reese said smiling at her. "Don't tell the dynamic duo in there, but I like the idea too."

"Well I'll be damned," Alex said laughing, "you do have a sense of humor. You'd better be careful; people will find out that you're not as hard assed as you come across."

Reese chuckled and then laughed. Alex was good for him; her very presence soothed him as nothing else could.

"Let's keep it our secret shall we?"

It felt good to laugh and to have someone to share with. He had missed that in his life. He and Angelica had talked about everything and he didn't think that he would ever have a special bond like that again. He reached up to his ponytail and undid the pink hair comb that he had worn for centuries. Perhaps it was time to let it go.

*****

Emilio was in a mood. His shopping trip had been spoiled by the mention of one name.

Giovanni.

It angered him that a name could instill so much fear in him. To add insult to injury, the ball was postponed with no excuse given. The last piece of news that completed his mood was the message in the ad. He had expected an immediate meeting.

"Damn it!" he swore as he threw things around the room. He for one wanted the ball to take place as planned. He wanted to pick out his playthings and leave. He wondered if Donatello realized that the postponement gave whoever was after them more time to plan. He was now filled with a sense of urgency and even entertained thoughts of leaving. Like Donatello, he realized that eventually he would be found. He had no choice but to go to the ball. He rang for the woman that he had turned and hoped that he would be able to control himself. It could be awhile before he found someone else that he deemed worthy.

*****

Elena dressed with care. The material of the dress felt heavy and foreign to her skin. She practiced what she was going to say to the human woman knowing that she wouldn't be believed; but she had to try. She and Bella's freedom depended on it.

"You will be successful," Bella said, as she adjusted the black evening dress that Elena chose to wear for the evening. "I can feel it."

"I hope you're right," Elena replied. "If you believe in prayer, you'd better start praying."

What Elena hadn't mentioned was that they were leaving no matter what. If the woman couldn't be convinced to attend the ball, she and Bella were leaving with or without money. She just had to figure out how.

"You look lovely mi-Elena," Bella said as she fixed a strand of loose hair tucking it up into the simple French braid.

"Thank you now wish me luck and start praying," Elena replied.

"I shall do both of those things," Bella replied, "but Elena beware of the master. I don't trust him. He will try to find a way to break the bargain that he made with you."

Elena gave the girl's hand a reassuring squeeze and left to meet Cristiano. As she got into the car, she began to whisper prayers of her own.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers