Reflections on Ice Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dylan nodded, considering her words.

"Next time, don't think of her as a woman you want to date. Just talk."

He lifted his eyebrows at her.

She smiled. "I know it's easier said than done, but you'll have to try. Talk. Ask her about her work. Ask her where she grew up, or went to college. Tell her the same things if she asks. I guarantee it will get easier each time."

"Each time? How many women do I have to practice on?"

She shrugged. "As many as it takes. Until you find The One."

"The One?" He laughed. "What, are you a romance guru, or something?"

"If I was, I wouldn't be worried about finding a date for Vivian's wedding." She sighed, her smile slipping. "But I suppose giving advice is easier than taking it."

Dylan nodded. "Well, thank you for the advice. I'll keep it in mind."

"Good."

Sally returned. "Do you guys want any more coffee?"

"I don't think so, Sally. What time is it anyway?"

Sally glanced over her shoulder at the clock. "Almost one, darlin'."

"Good grief." Cassia groaned and stood up, fishing in her pocket for money. "And I have to open the shop in the morning."

Dylan stood as well, paying for his coffee and pie. They both said 'good night' to Sally and walked out of the diner. On the sidewalk out front, they started walking in the same direction, until Cassia's steps faltered and she looked up at him.

"I'm not following you, I swear." He pointed up ahead. "I'm parked around the corner."

Cassia nodded. "All right."

They walked in companionable silence to the corner, and then faced each other for a moment.

"It was nice seeing you again, Cassia."

"Same here, Sams."

He smiled at her use of his nickname. "Maybe I'll see you again sometime."

She shrugged one shoulder. "I am at the diner often."

"It's good pie."

She nodded, then smiled and took a step away. "I'll see you around."

Dylan watched her go, a smile on his face. Yes, he thought. She would see him around.