All Comments on 'Reflections on Ice Ch. 08'

by MugsyB

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
d2talld2tallalmost 7 years ago
GREAT!

Don't let what anonymous, who ever they are, keep you from writing should great stories. Keep them coming. I've read all of them and have enjoyed each and everyone of them. Hope to see much more of them. THANKS.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
great story

thank you so much. fell in love with dylan & cassia.

would definitely read your other stories now that i have discovered your writing.

all the best!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Wow!!!!!

I can not understand how this story got negative comments in the previous chapter.

Everyone has insecurities, no one is perfect, not even in literary characters. I'm glad MugsyB is above non-constructive criticism.

This tale may be your best story about hockey players. I found it charming, tender, romantic and realistic. It has reflected most of the characteristics of human beings, with all their feelings and possible doubts.

A great job that is already part of my favorites. If you ever consider it appropriate, you have all my support to write a sequel about these two. I do not know, maybe lets us know of them married and with kids, like Dylan's sports career, Cassia's new work with Kyle and Tyler, and maybe Dylan's inclusion when he leaves hockey ...

Well, that's a job for the author's mind.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

dennybrosedennybrosealmost 7 years ago

I was waiting every day for each new chapter! I've read your previous stories and while not a hockey fan myself, I appreciate that you don't stir the story too deep to where non-hockey fans have no idea what's going on/how the world works.

In terms of characters I love how developed these characters are. I do agree in the previous chapter the fight was cliché and a bit too dramatic for my taste but there's always gotta be conflict, right? :) And I think Cassia had valid internal conflicts that needed to be let out, so why not.

The whole story was well done, one of my favorites from you, Mugsy.

PickeringPickeringalmost 7 years ago
Thank you!

Great story, well told. Five star all the way.

Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusalmost 7 years ago
My favourite story of yours!!!

This was glorious! No way about it but straight admitting it was probably the best one you ever brought out for our enjoyment. The story had everything your heart desires, the characters were plucked straight from real life and behaved like normal everyday folks, the drama was authentic and served a lot more than just filling pages, the dialogues sucked you in and made you part of the story, the sex scenes were perfectly paced and strewn in just the right amount to spice the whole experience, and the personal growth of the main characters made this final chapter a special treat even for your standards. So we got a great story with an exceptional conclusion and happy couple with open communication and greater love between them.

I usually refrain from commenting on comments but this time I firmly believe you actually did the right thing by ignoring them thus proving your writing was spot on from the start and hit the nerve just right with them. They just didn't understand the broad specter of the story yet (or never will).

IN the end there is little to be sad aside from a great THANK YOU and another shiny 5* for both the story and this last chapter. As usual if you ever decide to revisit a story this one would be a great candidate for it :)

Sidney43Sidney43almost 7 years ago

Nice save, I wondered how you would pull it off and should never have had any concerns. Great ending, not too over the top and you kept everyone in character.

19pvc4419pvc44almost 7 years ago
Just Right

I really like your character development, just right for me... For me they are more 'down to earth' and so are just fragile 'Joe Soaps' like the greater majority of us all.

You just keep doing what you're doing and sod the begrudgers!

5*

vbr

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Just a bit more.

Good read. But how about an epilogue or additional chapter, get them

Married off in style😘

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The best so far!

You write so well and you bring happiness to thousands of people. Please don't stop writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Kinda cloudy...

More like a long walk with a teeny, tiny pebble in one shoe...and it's not so bad to make you stop and remove it...but it certainly interferes with your enjoyment. This one never really seemed to get up to speed...the characters were written as uniformly stubborn or obstinate and never became that likeable...what's it say when the diner scenes are the high point. ***1/2

robo057robo057almost 7 years ago

I have really enjoyed this story particularly the slow build up with all the characters. I feel that this last chapter was somewhat rushed as though time was important to go on to something else. Some closure of some of the other charafters such as Alex and Carol etc would hAve been nice too but all in all an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loved it.

I have had at least one of those "I should have said something" moments. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Lovely series

Thanks for this well written series. You really nailed the character development and dialogues. Way to Go!

pip1247pip1247almost 7 years ago
Great Job

Your a fantastic writer and I've really enjoyed this series. I cannot wait to see what you come up with next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very Enjoyable Read

Thank you for this story. Really enjoyed the characters and the twists and turns. Thought the one missing element was that mom didn't get to a game which could have helped heal a past wound. 5 stars and hope you want to give us another of your excellent stories.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 7 years ago
Loved these two from start to finish.

My only complaint is the same one I have for all your stories... I really, really wish there was an epilogue. I know you don't do them but I wish you did. A nice wrapped up happily ever after present would complete your stories. You leave things at happy for now and I want the forever storybook ending. I suppose I'll keep hoping that one day we'll get one.

Loved this story even without an epilogue. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Comment

Just had to make the comment that i think you should end your stories with marriage. Relationships are temporary and can be ended with words. Marriage is a lifelong commitment.

HTW2HTW2almost 7 years ago
Excellent story but you didn't finish it

You need to have a confrontation with Alex. He needs to go down hard. Without that the story is unfinished in my opinion

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Maby one more chapter to round things of with her business starting good and their wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
a minor loose end

There were a couple of comments within the story that Dylan wanted to explain 'something' about his difficulties, but I don't think that that was ever explicitly addressed.

And I want all romances to have happy endings; if I want 'reality' I read The Economist. Thank-you!

And I, also, live in the land of the True North, Strong and Free. Live in the land of the Flames, kind of hope for les Canadiens as my team from my childhood. Yerself?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Same Old Same Old - no proposal of marriage

I read your story and scanned another two to see the endings. Given its category is romance why do you avoid having a proposal of marriage. Living together is okay if you're not sure, but if you're sure it is a the biggest commitment a man can make to woman. I get that its fiction but you lost me, at least I now know not to bother with your other stories.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 6 years ago
Nice Story - Where's The Ending

This was basically a good read with likable characters and a realistic plot. The development of Dylan was well done. The story appears to be rolling along nicely to a climax but there isn't any.

This looks like one of these stories where the author either runs out of ideas or just gets tired of the story and places the "Amen" period and walks away.

What a shame. Lots of possibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I agree with one of the other commentators on here.

I've read your stories and they never go all the way to a wedding or even a proposal. It makes it like a college romance sort.

It'd be nice if at least one or few of them did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
New story soon?

There are a lot of comments on how your stories end, but I enjoy that about them! I love reading about the characters in your other stories, because they are all so tied together. I hope you are still writing these! Would love for some of these other characters in this particular story to get developed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Better and better

I’ve started reading these soon after I starting dating my now husband. That was back in 2008! He’s a hockey fan and played when he was younger so these have always been a little close to home. I only come back here for your stories. Being in a long term relationship and getting engaged after 5 years and married, with all the ups and downs of a real relationship. You have a real talent for the characters. They are so realistic and all so different. I don’t know how you come up with so many different personalities with so much depth and background that makes sense in how it developed the character’s personality. Don’t let ANYONE tell you you need more “happy endings” with full on proposals or marriages. I mean in real life people typically date for a while, meet family, maybe fight some more but trust me, it’s not that interesting. Maybe you could fast forward a year later and add a cute proposal but seriously what’s the point. Why not leave it up the imagination. It’s the conflict and drama that makes a good story. And good long term relationships aren’t usually filled with a lot of that later on in the relationship. Might as well just fast forward to 50 years later. Any way. Just keep doing what your doing. I love the idea of mentioning the marriage in another story about someone else. Keeps me and maybe others coming back for more stories, even a decade later. I bought your ebooks too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Your endings are fine

don't change them just because some people don't get that everything they want is richer this way

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great stories!

These are really well written with a believable plot and lots about the characters. Hope to see more in the future

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I wanted to say that I loved your story all the way through, I related a lot with Dylan and it made me even more enthralled in your story. It had a wonderful balance of smut and real story building. Your writing got me through the hardest moment my relationship has had and I just wanted to thank you form the bottom of my heart. Your writing is truly a blessing and I hope you continue to share it with the wold.

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

It was so nice to read about a shy guy. They’re usually the aggressors so it was nice to see a sweet guy. Loved their story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I agree with many other comments. You are a great writer, and there is a reason I come back to your pieces again and again! Character development, tension building, believable interactions... you got it all! I hope you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WAUW !

Thanks for sharing ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Every once in a while, I come back to read your ice hockey stories again. all of them are great, but I think this one is the best of the bunch!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well, it’s 5 am and I’ve just finished this story, I couldn’t put it down. Who knew that at the ripe old age of 69, I would suddenly start enjoying romance stories.

Unlike many of the writers on here, your english is almost impeccable, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I am disappointed with the finale, you had things lined up and ready to go, I believe, but then you didn't share them with us! What happened with Alex, did he just give up and go away? What about the honeymoon couple, they just kinda folded their tent and disappeared after the dancing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

One of my fav authors for years this was yet another wonderful story that I couldn't put down. Would love to see an epilogue of what happened to the B cast.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMugsyB@MugsyB
March 2021- Update: I'm not sure when or why, but the first chapter of my three-part story, "Bring on the Wonder" has disappeared. I think the powers that be removed it by accident when I requested a different story be removed. As of right now, I don't know where my original ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES