All Comments on 'Regrets'

by murphy621

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
Fighting41Fighting41about 12 years ago
No Good

No likable characters in this story at all just a bunch of self centred people only looking out for what is best for them

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Vicious but absorbing,evenhanded read !

This was short & I'm glad of it. Yet it was decently written with a high fantasy quotient because IRL the hitherto now faithful wife & mother would have taken hubby to cleaners.

Yet I enjoyed that kind of weird integrity if only as a theoretical concept. Hope the divorce settlement was enough that son of hers is covered for help from mental health professionals. That kid was the only true innocent in the story.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Stupidity on the maximum

I will follow reading this story, however I want to stop for a first a comment. This woman is extra stupid. She ask for his husband to be voluntary willing cuckold.

If she wants extramarital activity freely, why does not she offer to her husband the OPEN MARRIAGE. The true open marriage there are some rules 1. not to bring the extramarital lover to the common house/condo/flat. 2. Do not humiliate your spouse with telling your extramarital activty. to meet him/her with your lover, etc.. (the husband tells his wife I have a 10 years younger lover and her tits are bigger, her pussy are more tight and etc) 3. Try decreasing likelihood of the STDs or bastards.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
I gave it 4 stars

fuck all these cuckold wanna be's, the only problem I had is why give the whore anything. Fuck that slut and let her take her sorry ass back to the street where she belongs. I don't understand why when you find out that she's a slut of he's a fucking horndog that you give a flying fuck about them. When she fucked around the first time he should have dumped her ass then. Fuck all this second chance shit. The only way she would have even been considered for second chance is if she came right out and told him the truth from the being. This bitch was a slut from day one, and considering that the bartender said she was a regular, he should get a DNA test on his kids.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
5 stars

I think this is an excellent story. Yes an open marriage was at the end and with the almost all problems which are in an open marriage (except for STDs). Both spouses found an continous partner so the open marriage closed. THE MISTAKE WAS WHY DO NOT DIVORCED HER? He remained in marriage for money and I think he MUST PAY THE CHILDREN SUPPORT MONEY, if the bastard is above 4 years in the divorce time!!!!! I do not know to share the fortune or to pay bastard child support money are high money? Does Larry remain beside Lila and his child if Lila gets the half asset in the divorce and divorce her 5 years later for a youner woman? I am glad he married Janet at the end.

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 12 years ago
20 good years, children etc. and then she fucked up big time.

I think you did right eventually rescuing her. Nothing wrong with a little compassion for someone you once loved. Shows you're a bigger man than others may have been in those circumstances, you came through your grief and anger with your balls still attached and got on with life.

Thanks for writing. I gave it four stars.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
THE 3 Rs REARS UP

and a wimpy cuck answers. TK U MLJ LV NV

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Simetimes to be human is an important thing.

It may be at the birth time of the bastard he should have started the divorce with DNA test so Larry could decide on living together with Lila in marriage or to pay child support money for 18 years. So the exhusband must pay the Uncle Max child support money after divorce.

Witless you are right sometime to help sombody, who lived with you 20 good years you have common DNA test proof children, is a human thing against the anger and grief. He and his new mate (later wife) helped her from the prostitution to a decent life for me a positive thing. If the exhusband pays the child support money it will be with good connection with him is a good decision.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 12 years ago
It seems like a lawyer would get a divorce immediately.

As long as she is his wife, his name will be connected to all sorts of shit done by her that a professional man does not need or want. He would sever any connections to minimize the fallout. I would.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xabout 12 years ago

Well the husband lived well and got on with his life, maybe it is good to be human sometimes, then again.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 12 years ago
As a story . . .

. . . . Regrets is fairly complete and directly told. The trigger theme is pretty standard - I wonder what I have missed along the way to where I am now. The ending is so completely realistic and true to life. A story that is somewhat depressing to read can still be a very good story. This one is. Life is not always happy trails to you.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Interesting story

Sometimes when the marriage becomes a sham and everyone is unfaithful you just have to go your separate ways. Max found someone, Lila became a whore. In the end Lila cleaned up her act and became a person.

Life is funny sometimes.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
Abbott and Costello.. WHO IS ON FORST WHATS ON SECOND

Your know a Murphy621 story is going to flat out suck but the great thing about this author is everytime you read one of his stories you wonder how he is gong to fuck it up this time . The conversations are absurd irrational and laughable

Keep in mind folks that the husband is SUPPOSEDLY an brilliant

FIRST ....your 20th anniversary when the subject of marital regrets comes up ... the wife brings up the fact that he's only had sex with you... And she brings up the point as a major issue of regret and longing.... On the very night of the anniversary... How does that not trigger an alarm bell or red flag?

*-*-*-*

SECOND... A few weeks later when the wife raises the issue again MAX is shocked and outraged and gives out a unequivocal NO. Then Max... again keeping in mind that he is supposed to be an Attorney... says that he does not want to know the details. But he says it in such an unbelievably ambiguous and contrived way... It's almost like the husband and wife were doing a Abbott and Costello who's on first baseball routine comedy sketch.

It is forced ...it is contrived ....it is unbelievable and it makes no sense.

The same idiotic ridiculous onversation is repeated when Max comes home early sees the cunt whore wife come home early

MAX "Does this have anything to do with what we talked about last week?"

After a moments hesitation she gave me defiant, "Yes."

MAX: "Lila, please don't do this. We have had twenty wonderful years together, two children to be proud of and a lifetime of good living in front of us. Please don't jeopardize our future together."

LILA "I haven't done anything that I am ashamed of nor do I intend to do anything that I can't tell you about. I will freely discuss anything you want to know any time you ask."

MAX I didn't give yoU permission to do this and there is no way I can stop you if you persist except to say that you are putting our marriage in jeopardy."

LILA "Well I'm not doing anything wrong and if you don't want to ask then I don't want to tell so let's just leave it at that."

*-*-*-*

THIRD... when the cunt whore wife decides to act out... nad starts coming home later and later ...Max hires a private investigator. But Max does NOT act because technically at that point...she has not YET fucked anyone else.

This position makes no sense given what Max has said in the story and what the wife's intentions are. The wife has made it very clear that the only reason she is going to these bars is hook up with other men and get fucked by them.

Then one night at 2 am the wife comes home takes a shower climbs into bed and while max pretends to be asleep and says.... " It's a good thing you won't ask," she whispered, "because now I won't have to tell."

At this point and marriage is over. There is NO reason for Max to personally go investigate the bars or places that the cunt whore wife is hanging out. He just found out by that very quote from his own wife... that she HAS fucked other men.

Her assertions that she has not technically fucked any other men cannot possibly be true nor is it remotely relevant. To stay married after what she has done ... is to accept her LIES and her disingenuous argument sand manipulations .

a truly AWFUL awful story

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 12 years ago
Super Ugly

Car wrecks are NOT erotic.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
All post menopausal women should be locked up ...

in case they go insane.

Hubby is a completely unbelievable character. Lawyers work in a world of conflict. If he is a good lawyer he is very capable of dealing with conflict and how to say what he means. His shying away from dealing with his moronic wife is not credible.

His wife having sex with someone else because she is hormonally unbalanced, OK. That she becomes a whore, again not really credible.

I want to feel sorry for his wife being insane and all but it's hard to work up sympathy. In the end, he made peace with her and got her straightened around. That's about the best she could hope for.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
An interesting, and plausible, set-up

that degraded into silliness. For all of that, I found both husband and wife immoral and unsympathetic. Not too many mothers in their 40's who are still technically married to a well-to-do lawyer husband are going to suddenly find themselves whoring themselves out. The whole thing was kind of ridiculous. Too bad, because the story had potential.

cpetecpeteabout 12 years ago
thanks for the read

NIce spin on a old theme that made it interesting.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanabout 12 years ago
Good story; too short to develop the characters 3-dimensionally

even the husband/narrator, it's more like a 2 paragraph synopsis: I once loved a woman deeply, until our 20th anniversary and then she purposefully fucked it all up, just to sample new dicks; turned out, it's likely her hormonal imbalance that could've caused her to act irrational like that; etc. <p>

well, not really... but, again, the story's way too truncated to give much thoughts about for any of the characters; not the husband, not the other woman (or man), and certainly not the "hormonal-imbalanced-fucked up wife/former wife"....

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

You are right it was too short to know, If who pays the child support money? Larry or the exhusband. (According to the USA federal family law if the not DNA proof child is above 4 years old the exhusband MUST PAY THE CHILD SUPPORT MONEY TO THE EXWIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
all caps and dozens of exclamation points

more proof of duna's incurable insanity, is he a 12 year old or something?

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Thanks

For Sharing.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

@ Dear Anon you know who pays the children support money?????

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Her Contempt For Husband Goes Way Deeper Than Just Sex

Which is why I struggle with her motivation in this story; even after all their years together, she regards him with less respect & emotion than she would a complete stranger. Is this realistic?

I chuckle every time I read a tale where the wife acts abhorrently while blaming hormones, medications, or age. But in this story, she obviously hates her husband on a much larger scale than just intimacy. There must have been more leading up to this conflict than simply hormones. Maybe a sequel to explain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
knowing a woman is fucking around, even oral, and having sex with her

makes you a total idiot. As a prostitute there is about no way she is not carrying at least one STD. She had the child while married to another man and no DNA evidence was introduced regarding paternity, a moot point.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
s cheating slut is a cheating slut

glad he moved on.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 EVEN STEVEN NEVER HAPPENS

tough love should be shown from the 1st and not the ump-teenth, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Maybe it all evened out ?

I don't think so, the husband kept his home, kept this value system, kept his career and found a new truly loving wife. The ex-wife lost her husband, lost her boy toy, lost ther respect of all who knew her, became a whore, became a single parent. There is nothing that evened out between them. The author implies that later after all the carnage the ex-wife had severve premenopausal hermonal imbalances. What he does not implie is that was the true basis for her sudden need for a new cock and her prolonged idiotic behavior after that. Personally I feel there was some underlying cause for her decision to sample new cocks and at 39 years of age it was not a prememopausal one.

rixelsrixelsover 11 years ago
Max is not too bright

Max hears his wife say that she is going trolling for trouser trout. She buys a fishing boat, fishing gear, and even a fish finder. Weeks later she says, "Honey, I'm going night trolling." Max wrings his hands and thinks, "She wouldn't really hook up....would she? The private investigator said she was just hanging out at the lake practicing her casting." He is waiting when she gets home the next morning, "Oh, gosh, she smells like a fish market. Her hands are covered in slime and scales. I'm going to have to insist that she take a shower and NOT leave any scales on the towels!" (Sorry, rixels is off his meds)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Cold and Calculating

Pure and Simple, her daughter telling her all about the great sex and variety got her thinking and then desiring and then - damn well going to get some strange cock - period! Her mind was made up!

This woman lacked that binding, caring love and respect that goes with fidelity, even with extreme arousal and fantasizing so...

...hubby didn't lose a loving wife, she no longer existed, this was not the woman he married.

I think it's sad considering twenty good years, an above average job and living, as well as two great children but - she was callous, cold, determined and didn't really give a damn.

Too bad.

Great fantasy story, so likely a reality for some. Thanks.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
A moron

Who couldn't navigrate through a crowded bar let alone the bar exam.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
IF LAWYERS ACT THIS IGNORANT

why do we solicit them for our sins, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This fool...

...couldn't possibly be a lawyer. Let alone a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Just nasty

Don't think I'll follow this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
He should have just

killed her like I did five years ago.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Damn

Just re-read this tale. Also re-read my original comment. I must have been fucking nuts when I wrote it. Fucking cunt deserved nothing. Deserved losing the kid too. This must have been one of the first tales I commented on. I was probably still in shock. Now I'm just angry.

Fuck

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
ONE UPMANSHIP

does not a stabile marriage make. tk u mlj lv nv

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well that was stupid

This moron couldn't have been even a bad lawyer. He had the IQ of a rock. Just plain awful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
re: the only reget I have is reading this stupid ass story

I have the same regret, I'm so glad this fucking idiot stopped writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I had a client that went through this....

I had a client that went through this very thing. He remained her friend after the divorce, picked her up out of the gutter, even bought her a house for her and her bastard kids. His new wife supported him in taking care of her, It didn't hurt that he was very wealthy. There was never any sexual contact with his ex.. Her could barely stand to be around her when he was drinking and remembering the past, but sober he still cared for her almost like a sister. We used to drink together on occasion and he would spill it all out. She went from a pampered women driving a new Jaguar with servents to living well below the poverty line until her ex rescued her. Their children finally told him how far she had fallen and he rescued her..

My own story was almost as bad but to this day I have ignored the bitch and really never looked back. Her father and I remained friends until his passing, My second wife and I became successful beyond belief, my ex's mother hated my success and remaind a cheating cow. Larry always took her back, I never understood, but he said he simply loved her no matter what. I think Larry died of a broken heart while she still cheated. She lived about ten years more after his death. She was a mean old cunt until her death in the 2006 or so. There is a woman I truly hated with a vengeance I think she ruined a lot of marriages, I know it takes two but she was a predator.

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
Damn...

I know I'm late to the party,and all the good comments are long gone, but!

Our protagonist is named Max. Max failed.

The story broke down when she came home after her night with Larry. Max should not only have laid down the law, but he should have insisted they start counseling. He had to do this for the kids sake if for no one else. Face it Lila was emotionally distraught; she needed help, not to be cut adrift. Many wives, wives better than Lila, go through shit. Max had had the better, but he bailed on the worse.

Fine story, gave it a five.

Jedd Clampett

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
REGRETS.....WHY

they are supposed to be for something you don't have, TK U MLJ LV NV

dglnowdglnowalmost 8 years ago
A sad Story

Too bad Max and Lila didn't go into therapy when she first started her escapades. Or at least for the two years after she accepted his demands. They might have had a chance if they had.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
SAD

5 Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
like i said before

Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Husband of serial cheater

You and he shoulg-d get together. Facebook profile owner has his address phone number and cheating wife's cell and email

Goes for anyone visiting site. The wife likes to talk she coerced one of her college students into sexthen spread it all over Helena Montana got back to his wife she moved out

Cheating college instructor said she didn't care about destruction she caused and she enjoyed destroybg his life

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
to sad

I dont see how in real life a guy would have allowed this to happen.

A simple I will be watching and if you cheat we are done.

Counseling, a doctors appointment.

Family intervention.

Why did he allow this to happen?

So not true to life at all, and thee way written, very sad.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
Hmm

Catastrophically stupid bitch?

At least she had realistic repercussions for behaving like a low grade moron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Somewhere you got off track.

Story started strong but ended with a whimper. Did you lose interest?

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

He screws around on his wife for months but no one here seems to think that’s a problem. She goes out and gets laid and he goes nuts gets involved with another woman buts still lives with his wife but in a cold loveless marriage. She leaves for a loser because of that. He could have fixed the marriage but chose his lover instead. So ALL the blame here stems from his action. But as always his life ends up great and hers in the dumper. Typical macho ego shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NFW!

Should divorced her as-soon-as she started talking about getting that little extra on the side.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
TIMRIV IS EITHER A WOMAN OR A HARD CORE FAGGOT....

Everything about this sorrry state of affairs is due to the cheating slut's need for strange dick. Our hero's patience in dealing with the knowledge of her sucking off someoneelse and still sticking by her is beyond the range of human understanding. That should have been the end of the marriage.

To listen to this bleeding heart bitch(TIMRIV) talk about the husband having any fault in the divorce is laughable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@Timriv

Get help, dude! You need to get out of the closet and embrace you true nature. Even so you need to get your head screwed right. NOthing of what you say makes sense to any rational person. You're sick, man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Stupid Cunt!

Guess she felt her marriage wasn't worth it.

Sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
HA HA HA HA HA

Karma's a bitch. How did that variety work out for you. You stupid cunt.

NicealloverNicealloverover 5 years ago
Stupid

Her behavior was too ridiculous for a mother of two. It just struck me as too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Max has pretty much only himself to blame for this.

Max could have called time on her Thursday nights.

He should have spelt out exactly his expectations regarding behaviour and respect.

Seems to me this marriage failed primarily because Max got distracted with Janet when he should have been talking with Lila.

Counselling may well have suggested her getting tested for early menopause and once that hormonal imbalance is sorted , hey presto , your ever loving, ever faithful, happy and content wife is back.

What happens when you give someone the cold shoulder ? ..... they simply look for attention somewhere else , just like Lila ended up doing.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Always

Cheating older women always fall back on the.hormones. Lila wanted variety and she got a lot of it. To her great regret.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beaten to death with red flags

How many red flags does it take?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This is, hands down, one of the dumbest fucking stories I've ever had the regret of reading on this site.

I lost precious brain cells trying to understand the clusterfuck that this was.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
anon 11/27 speaks the truth

this was the dumbest fucking story in Loving wives history

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
After Lila was better I got my revenge against Larry.

On of the people I did some Pro Bone work for was related to a member of a 1% MC Club in our area. I had gotten him off some serious charges and he told me he owed me a favour.

I rang him and he agreed to meet. To cut a long story short he agreed to help me by getting his brothers group involved.

The bikies surrounded his car one night and when he finally pulled over they went to work on him.

The report in the paper described his injuries but they are too numerous to mention here. Lets just say he will never have an erection again. You need testicles to do that and he had none left. Yes they castrated him and also removed 75% of his penis. He won't walk properly again as his knees were destroyed. There were several other serious injuries.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

His wife offered to leave with the clothes on her back, so this argument about not wanting to wreck his finances with divorce made no sense.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Ill side with anyone else who has correctly stated how bad this was.

Some of you writers just cant stop looking down at women, jfc not THAT many women turn into such stupid sluts over night.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
once

lila left, thats it were done. when the police asked me to intervene for/with her, the answer is "fuck no" take the bitch to jail or detox. I havent had and will not have anything to do w/ an ignant whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If genders were reversed, his wife would NEVER take max back after finding him working as a prostitute living in a slum with his ex lover's kid.

I hate the sheer amount of maturity expected of men vs. The sheer amount of infantilism thrust upon women. Idk what's worse. How women are treated like babies without any accountability, or men being treated like super beings.

Like....women are thinking rational adults. Sigh

inbigjimflinbigjimflalmost 3 years ago

like the story but it was sad

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 2 years ago
Of course, women…

… are disposable. When one isn’t up to snuff, get another one! They’re really all the same, just a life-support system for a pussy, mouth, ass and tits. Of course, not necessarily in that order. Everybody’s got their preferences.

I mean, it’s not like you have any serious emotional attachment to such a person. I mean, you know, a woman. Or whatever. Society tries to make you have some sort of financial obligation to the bitch, but geez, how unfair! I mean, why should you owe her anything? She’s the one that fucked up! For sure, you’ve never fucked up, have ya? You’re a prince among men, and everybody knows it.

Whatever.

Naturally, you got a better bitch now. You upgraded! This one’s a keeper! She doesn’t have any big flaws like the last one. This one’s a Madonna, a real beautiful, hot, sexy but chaste and sweet and shy unless she’s with YOU, type-girl! You can finally relax, and just let it all ride…

I’ll just say this. This one better not step out of line, if she knows what’s good for her! She’s already seen me go through this. If she fucks up, well we’ll just have to see…

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - not much good in this story - really sad crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The stupidity of "I just won't divorce the bitch/bastard" is well illustrated here. The husband is not responsible for his estranged wife's actions, but the couple's shared wealth is at risk to any criminal financial penalty or civil tort judgment she incurs...for her physical assault, perhaps, on a fellow drunkard after a verbal altercation. The more wealth that is at risk, the harder someone will come after it if given the opportunity. Sure, he could fight the liability but would expend considerable time and money in the effort even if he prevailed.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

And this guy was a lawyer, god help the poor idiots using him, I mean being a moron at home must have an influence on his job.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I'm not big on the hormone defense. It certainly does not work for rapists, so I don't see why it should work for cheats. However, I do believe in mental illness and this level of self-destruction seems more psychological than biochemical to me. Interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Another 4 star Keep up the good work and I hope to make it a 5 soon (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Pretty decent story. A little rushed. Made sense for the most part. Not sure what kind of lawyer would enter a marriage without a prenupt. Or at least once she mentioned sampling other men, a post nup. It would have protected him in a divorce. Also not sure why he wouldn't have a PI on retainer for the firm and use him/her. Seems kind of naive for a lawyer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous