All Comments on 'Regrets'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 211 Comments
chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Great Piece Of Writing*****

Very enjoyable story. Thanks for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WOW...... real world and cold truths of life put into words, expressed dramatically.

Extremely well written and decisively communicated. As good ol' Jack Webb used to say as Detective Joe Friday "just the facts Maam, just the facts". Very little excess was shared and concise use of most impressive words/combinations nailed it 100%.

BRAVO!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Couldn't finish

The characters were all stick people, the emotional overtones were all wrong and the stories they all told were contrived and ridiculous. When the Saintly Molly began to speak, I had enough. Make all the excuses for the cheater you want. She was still a disgusting slut and you totally turned into a pussy with this story.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Great

Great scene, great way to explore the subject. I watched my father die when I was younger and saw his fears and regrets. The lesson I learned was to give all the big decisions I faced the deathbed regret test. when confronted with a decision I ask myself if I will regret this on my deathbed. I make my decision accordingly. This has been the most valuable lesson my father taught me by his unfortunate example. It has worked very well for me. I have very few regrets in a less than perfect life.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
remarkable

regrets? yes, we all have them.

this was an interesting reflection from multiple perspectives.

thanks

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Damn

What a moving tale. A little bit too moving. The cheating ex-wife did not deserve to be in the presence of the man she betrayed, who lie dying among his loved ones. She lost that right. It should have been her, dying alone.

no rating

coffeekid63coffeekid63about 8 years ago
Great job!

I've read a lot of your stories and enjoyed them all. This one really showcases your storytelling talent as well as your technical ability to turn it into something readable. Thanks for your efforts !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
regrets

I agree with betrayed. Very moving. I am dealing with regrets still living, still some years before the deathbed scene will occur. Her betrayal was 35 years ago. I'm still living with her. Living with a wife that slutted her way through college and now refuses to put out for her husband. I have no place to go. Regrets

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Some people velvet she should suffer more or not be allowed to the funeral.

I say: Go fuck yourselves.

How many of us are blameless? Maybe we didn't cheat; but let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I can understand the feelings and emotions of all

YOU did well

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Your experiment in dialogue was very well done.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 8 years ago
The Beast has become

a writer we look forward to reading. This was a poignant little piece, sad, yet believable. Thanks.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 8 years ago
Tearjerker

If I want to read tearjerkers I'll buy a soppy magazine. Whatever the merits of this story it doesn't belong here.

frasnostfrasnostabout 8 years ago
Another whopper ...

... from the Beast. Thanks and please do grace us with more of your magical yarns. I for one will look forward to reading them. *****

mrolemroleabout 8 years ago
WoW!

We all come here for different reasons. For many of us it is the life lessons.

This is one of those. Fits in many categories.

Thanks you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good job...

...thankfully, Twentyseven doesn't control what stories get on this site.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
A very good story...

A very good story...Thank you...I don't agree with @Twentyseven: If shitty stories belong here, this one for it's own right belongs LW for sure...4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
4*s

Now that is an emotionally moving story. Characters are well defined. Plot was executed with single minded precision. A review and final resolution of the end of a marriage, and the beginning of a wonderful new marriage.

Written without any physical action, and with only two locations. It never felt claustrophobic.

Two stories by DFWBeast in one week. This is a time of wonders!

Thank you for your efforts.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank You

AWESOME

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
I'm Torn

I DID give it 4 stars, both for the quality of the writing, and the emotional moving of the story.

My problem is, though I'm not hard-core, I lean towards BTB, and I don't really think that Gwen suffered enough, her emotional despair notwithstanding.

Then it was the betrayed husband that had an early, miserable death.

If there was to be any sympathy for Gwen, let it be Joe visiting Gwen on HER deathbed!

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years ago
Didn't work for me

The all-dialog format didn't really work for me. I found it implausible that these people would be having such a conversation over a man's deathbed. Not only that, but real people simply don't talk in that way. I think this would have worked better as a mixture of dialog and first-person narrative as told from Gwen's perspective.

The first scene where Gwen asks for forgiveness was very powerful. That was a great starting point for a story, but quickly devolved into an endless monologue demonstrating Gwen's self-flagellation.

Imagine ending the first scene at the words "forgive me." Then cut to a scene decades earlier and lead us through the events that led to that scene. THAT would be a powerful story.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 8 years ago
Very moving story

Gwen sure did it to everyone in the story. He had it all...she cheats....they divorce....he finds love again....then he is taken away from them all. Very sad indeed. 4*'s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I think this was well done. And the retribution from her children!

Her own daughter acted to block a reconciliation with her husband. Then in front of her they discussed and laughed about how her ex-husband was steered toward a new woman, who loved him better and deeper than she had. How much anguish and regret did that cause? So all is well that ends well for Joe, but it does beg the question, did he do the right thing?

Divorce is a great way to end a toxic relationship, but it is a pitiful way to exact punishment and revenge against a truly repentant spouse. The reason for her confession did not make sense to me, but apparently she did it to somehow demonstrate her respect for her husband, and her shame for betraying him. But she had stopped the affair, and definitely acted in a way destructive to herself in order to give her then husband some honor, some respect, to somehow make amends. Its great Joe ended up with a better wife, but he took a great risk leaving Gwen, and at the time, for what? If he really thought she would continue to be a cheating slut then, yeah, get away. But the character described has lived a life of regret and remorse, and Joe might have taken his time to determine if the marriage was worth saving. Disloyalty definitely kills trust and respect, but Joe could have tried to save the marriage if he still loved Gwen. As she herself says, his love died too, the day she confessed. I just think true love would have driven some effort to better understand her falling, and see if there was any means to salvage what had been a good marriage.

Your ending to the marriage and the story were well done. Not my approach. Really enjoyed reading your approach. Thank you for your time and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Awful

Just playing on the sympathy for the dying guy. That's pretty cynical, dude. There's no way any family allows this. Not if they care about the guy at all. Just so contrived and unlikely that it became difficult to read. Not cool.

sameer73sameer73about 8 years ago
nice story

A very nicely written story. Very emotional. liked it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Liked It

I liked it...as I do most of your stuff. Obviously it was written to play on the emotions of the reader and while some of it felt contrived.....it worked. I...like many of my fellow readers..... "felt something"....which means you were successful in your story telling. Solid 4 in my book.

Thanks for the story.

"Buckeye Fan"

cap5356cap5356about 8 years ago
so real

loved this story as it shows how a man can move on with his life after divorce and forgive his ex wife for cheating on him. it shows that a family can move on to make life better for all involved and still feel good about themselves. it is true forgiveness keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Tear Jerker

What a tear jerker......thanks

Wang4Wang4about 8 years ago
Regrets I Have None

Good, strong approach to story telling. Once I got the characters in the room sorted out, the story flowed. Thanks

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Lie and Lay

In your first paragraph you might want to review the English verb "lay." He "lay silently" is what he really did ... unless you know someone named "Silently" that he "laid."

user110user110about 8 years ago
i'ii tell you what

those are some shitty kids

pumpop201pumpop201about 8 years ago
Thanks....

Thanks for a wonderful story. Five stars.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 8 years ago
Must be a bunch of dust in the air today

Sad blinking story. In terms of plot, credible. Writing: the dialogue experiment worked; could almost be a short play. My only suggestion would have been to have a list of the cast members for this play up front; would make it easier to follow. Five stars.

Pappy7Pappy7about 8 years ago
Good story,

written in an easy to follow format. At least for me it was easy. Now, as to the fact that the ex was contrite and oh so very remorseful and some say should have been given special dispensation, after a few hail Mary's, and then forgiven and restored to her marriage by her husband. Bull shit. Sometimes someone does something so disrespectful and heinous that forgiveness is a stretch not to mention forgetfulness. What Gwen did to him and to her family, besides the cheating, was not to give them any believable reasons at the time. Having ten years to come up with something, which was still pretty lame, was not good enough. She cheated because she could. Her husband's travel gave her the opportunity, but she gave herself permission and then followed through with extreme prejudice. The fact that Joe didn't kill anyone is testimony to him being a Prince among men. That kind of sneaky betrayal is absolutely the lowest form of betrayal. Love doesn't mean never having to say you are sorry it means you never have to tie your wife's legs together when you leave town for over an hour. It means you don't have to worry constantly about her co-workers or long secret lunches at hotel restraunts. It means expecting your spouse to let you know if something is missing from your marriage or more likely from their moral compass. Vanity is a pitiful excuse for doing anything, but I suspect it is a much more powerful motivator that we like to admit. Anyway, 5 stars, good write and good read, can't ask for more than that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Excellent and as the ex screwed up their lives , she paid the price deservingly so. She seemed to truly love him but screwed up real bad fucking her coworker for 4 of the six months he was gone working for his family. As bad an act she committed she showed how much she loved her husband by telling him so he would not have had to work under someone who secretly fucked his wife and held it over his head. She knew telling him would be the end of her life as she knew it but did it for her husband who she betrayed. I hate cheaters more than anyone but you can't help but feel for his ex .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well written story

Maybe better posted in Non-erotic? Effective dialogue with few mistakes. I found it odd that you suggested Gwen and Douglas weren't terminated immediately (Or did you? That one paragraph was confusing). Since the Company decided to promote Gwen, legally she would have gotten an excellent referral so why not move to another Company somewhere else? As for Douglas he would have gotten a divorce and half the marital assets. Another job in another city would have been easy since, once again, legally, the Company would not have been able to mention his affair to a prospective new employer and the affair would have made no difference to the Court in a divorce. Angie was the worst character. She sets herself up as Judge and jury, decides she's an expert on her Father's mental health and pushes him away from her Mother. What kind of daughter does that? Other than those nit picks, good story. But way to serious and sad for a porn site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
O.K., you got me.

Very well written, and the finale was well done eliciting an emotional response from me. Thanks for the story.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 8 years ago
to quote Mr. Montgomery Burns

Excellent! Unlike the local football team you have done Dallas proud. Sorry, this Broncos fan couldn't resist.

Well written and well thought out. I like the way you told this story around the protagonist instead of through him. I know this is the lone star state, but that lone star has four others accompanying it. Bravo.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 8 years ago
Stop . . .

Stop writing those things. I cry too much. So well written, so much emotion, so beautiful. Thank you very much.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 8 years ago
5 . . .

5*, by the way. More if I could.

BigGuy33BigGuy33about 8 years ago
Very touching

Great story. It really captured the pain each person felt. A 5.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 8 years ago
At least you have a winning team.

@Saxon

At least you have the Broncos. I'm stuck with the Niners, or the Cards because my Niners have sucked ass since Jedouchebag took over ownership from Eddie. NFC West all the way! lol

Anyways, on to the tale. Man, this was a tour de force, DFW! Everyone has regrets, of course. Hers were worse than most, though. You did a good job of turning Ex-Wifey into a sympathetic character, who truly repented.

The Kardashian joke was hilarious! A great piece of humor to lighten the mood some. All in all, outstanding work as usual. :)

5 HUGE Stars!

patilliepatillieabout 8 years ago
I ripped your last offering due to some unlikey behaviors

but this is quite good.

foolscapfoolscapabout 8 years ago
@DFWBeast Excellent writing

You accomplished your goal of telling the story through dialog exceptionally well. Thank you. But even in so doing you managed to push my buttons with the old "always loved you and never meant to hurt you trope". From my perspective, even at the end Gwen was mourning her loss and not Joe's loss.

A five star story and in my favorites.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124about 8 years ago
Excellent! Just goes to show that one doesn't have to...

...have hot, torrid sex details on here to have a high ranking story. 5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
oh come on now

this is a fine story but let's not pretend it mirrors reality commenters.

here's the reality I know:

1. many years ago, my mom had an affair. my parents divorced, she kept most of the friends and remarried happily, he remarried too soon after to a woman who spent him into the poor house, and was unhappy and bitter. he died and my mom was treated by most like a sympathetic grieving widow.

2. my brother's wife cheated while he was active military. because of his status, she got full custody and, since half of a parents friendships involve children who are your children's friends, they all stuck with her. even our sister stuck with her (solidarity reg?) he came home to nothing. she lived a happy life. I can't count the number of people who have said "gee it was all for the best really."

3. my friend's wife cheated and then protected herself by spreading rumors that he cheated first and she was "just starting the process of moving on." she claimed he slept with a woman while she was out of town on new years...when I told everyone he was with my wife and I on New Years, the story became that I was covering for him because he covered for MY affair before. And guess who everyone believes? A crying woman. I lost friends, my wife lost friends who were disgusted with her for letting me do that to her, and we eventually decided to move because of the toxic atmosphere. to this day most of those people think I'm the asshole, because I told the truth.

Reality sucks guys. don't give me any bs otherwise. if vengeance was there to be had and the good won out in the end and women suffered or regretted fucking around on us this site would be filled with female tales of woe and not with angry, bloodthirsty men.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent!

That is all that needs to be said!

wheelzCOwheelzCOabout 8 years ago
Great story

I actually had tears in my eyes as I read it.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 8 years ago
Nice writing.

Your experiment worked, you wrote a very readable story that flowed nicely. You ought to get an editor, though. Mistakes really stand out at this level of writing, and another set of eyes will find them before your readers do. However....the death bed family confessional trope was pushed too far. Angie, especially, came across as an immature young women who kept her parents apart when their marriage might have been preserved. A lot of what was said was self indulgent narcissism. Ours is the age of Jerry Springer, Facebook, and the selfie, I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful story. 5*

Really well written and full of genuine emotion and pathos. What a sad age to die.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Interesting scenes from a life.

If you do not consider the long term effects of your acts you will pay a price.

In this the victim had the best possible vengeance on the cheater without paying a new price.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 8 years ago
I agree, nicely spun, DFWB.

I share tennesseered's thoughts...

this also brought back my own dad's

passing away 15 years ago...

poignant times...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Of course...

Of course this is a highly rated story. The cheater wife spent the entire story beating herself up. Imagine what rating and reviews this story would get if the roles were reversed and the husband was the one that cheated.

This category is so F'ing predictable.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 8 years ago
I'm surprised this doesn't have a higher score.

It's a little repetitive but still very well done. It got 5 stars from me.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
TIME ALWAYS HAS THE HABIT

of putting things into perspective positive and negative, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Losing a parent is one of the biggies in life

As we all have heard the phrase " Don't sweat the small stuff" , well this story encapsulates most of the big stuff we all deal with. The death of a loving Parent ,or even worse, the death of a child for the parents. Divorce , both for the couple and the children of that marriage . And marriage between two people in love , be it young love or two wounded souls who find each other and comforts the scars of both.

Really the birth of children (although its kind of having new kids by proxy in this story), is the only one of what I consider to be the truly BIG things we go through in our life that you didn't hit on with this tale.

So DFWB, you managed in a couple of pages to show the hardest things that most of us will have to deal with in our lifetimes, that is a mighty tall order, but you pulled it off wonderfully !

5*'s

Cpprcrk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for your story and I love the last quote.

c24jc24jabout 8 years ago
Great final quote !! Odd moral though . . . it's better to keep such things secret.

I enjoyed this, but I was left with an odd feeling. I prefer honesty, but just think, if she'd never told him about the affair, allowed for the risk of Douglas possibly holding it over him, and dedicated herself to being the best wife she could ever be from then on . . . the marriage and family would have survived, probably thrived, and she would have been the only one in pain. By telling, she caused everyone pain and broke up the family (though it worked out well for Molly and her daughter).

Well, technically I guess she didn't break up the marriage and family . . . that was her husband's weakness. His idea of love was based almost entirely on exclusive ownership, and when that went, there was almost nothing left. So it seems like the affair was a bad choice, but telling her husband was much worse. I guess the moral is, if you're married to a love=ownership type of person, if doubt there can be any true forgiveness, and reconciliation is unlikely, it's better to keep your mouth shut.

A good, sad story.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 8 years ago
I thought your method of telling this tale was very effective.

It reminded me that not all good stories are happy ones. Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kids

Well written story, but too much dialogue and reflection. Some of the language seemed stilted.

Anyway, my main critique is these stories where the kids all assume control for healing the betrayed parent. They may have been angry at their mom, but if they're having conversations with their father and he's considering getting back together with their mom, what kid connives against that happening? In my mind, that's projecting the anger a betrayed husband feels onto the kids and assumes they'll act accordingly. And we are not talking an extreme case here. Forced cuckolding or other crap. An affair that ended a year ago. Dad couldn't get passed it and divorced mom. Good. But a few years later he's considering getting back with her - she's obviously remorseful and wants to come back - and the kids conspire to prevent that from happening??? Not realistic at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Silly commenters...

Speaking from personal experience I can assure you that a child protecting one betrayed parent from getting back together with the other parent is VERY realistic. Lived that hell in my own family.

rnebularrnebularabout 8 years ago
Good sad read

Very good use of dialog, I know how tough that can be. This was sad, and a good reflection of the pain caused by loss of trust and respect in a broken marriage. I would like to voice my opinion that the wronged man in this story didn't avoid reconciliation because of ownership, rather that trust was lost. I know that if I were in his shoes, it would be very hard to forgive my wife. If I was away on some contact like that, I would hope that she would talk to me about her issues, and I would also find a way to be together at least for a weekend or two in there. Anyhow good story of regret, that is something that a lot of people carry with them for multiple reasons.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 8 years ago
Accomplished

I believe the author accomplished what was intended by using dialog to tell a story.

Granted, I did not rate the story a 5 not because it was poorly done. The dialog was excellent and believable, fitting for the scene. It was just that, a scene, a moment in time between family (ex wife included). It just did not "grab me". I tend to rate on how I feel about the story, not the technical aspects. Not a grammar nazi as you all well know.

This author puts effort into his stories and I look forward to his stories.

Lex1Lex1about 8 years ago
Nice story, but I too find the kids unbelievable.

I generally dislike stories in which the children band together and show hatred towards the mother. I understand the initial reaction, but when authors make these kids harbor hatred and use them to further the downfall of the cheating spouse, it comes off as odd. My father cheated on my mother and married the woman he cheated with. I was angry for a while, but I never hated him. At first i was angry at what he did to my mother, but that passed. The anger that i held on to was because he left me and my siblings. Even with that, he won us back by maintaining a relationship with us. That is what happens in real life.

Having children choose between parents because of something between THEM doesn't seem right to me.

Still, the story was packed with emotion, and it had more to offer to than just therapy for readers who have been cheated on by using the cheater as a figurative punching bag. I gave it three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Real Life

My 'dad' was a serial cheater. My mom would catch him and throw his ass out. Then he'd come back "oh I'm so sorry", "it was a mistake " and "I love you" and she'd let him back in. Then he'd do it again and she'd be crushed again. I ended up with two step brothers from those 'mistakes'. By time my brother and I were in high school we'd had enough of watching our mom cry every night. That last time she caught him and threw him out. We made sure he stayed.

Mom would've taken him back again but we said and did shit to make sure he stayed gone. Mom finally met someone that treated her good and married him.

That was over twenty years ago. I've got an okay relationship with my dad now. Not close but we talk some. My brother still can't stand to be around him. Dad made a comment that was negative about mom at a family reunion about 12 years ago, my brother hit him right in the mouth. Can't say I blamed him.

Hurt people or those they love enough and they'll hate you.

That's real life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
As you said, it was an exercise. I hope you got the experience you wanted....

....for me, some elements sounded and felt very real, as in those that happened in families of friends where one or the other spouse cheated and they divorced....others, not so much. But that is the way it goes with synthesized reality, isn't it? It bears the marks of relevant experience and irrelevant fantasy to make an imperfect whole.

Thank you.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 8 years ago

Emotional roller coaster of a story.

5/5

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 8 years ago
Five Star

Nothing erotic, no violence, RAAC, no BTB. Just a great story showing how people are effected by the decisions they make; the choices they take.

this was a great story!

Best regards

C

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
okay

you didn't have to describe their ages, you know. it just drove the point the cliche of an idealized divorced man marrying a younger woman after a harrowing episode of his life.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
@c24j Re: “Ownership”

It has nothing to do with “ownership”, it’s fidelity!

If HE cheated on HER, and confessed, and she left HIM, would you say that HER love was based on “ownership”? Didn’t think so.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1about 8 years ago
Very well done Sir.

Poetry in motion.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmabout 8 years ago
Excellent

Cried all the way through it. Tough emotionally, and cheating is that. Thanks.

carvohicarvohiabout 8 years ago
I'm with Lap Top Writer...

this needs more recognition. You got my five; hit the darn thing right out of the park.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
one GREAT story

captured the emotions. this one GREAT story thank you. a walk off grand slam

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you

Thi is a truely beautiful story. I myself have trust issues that prevent me from ever wanting to be in a relationship. Its sad, but very funny. Im a virgin whi want to lose his virginity, but i dont want sex, i want a relationship. Anyways, beautiful story. I hope you write more nonerotic stories of suc beauty

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 8 years ago
yep

An extremely well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
to all the anonymous commentaters

I get sick and tired of reading about how you seem to know about all the divorce laws and how the courts will handle the division of assets ,and whats admissible in court and whats not, your wasting you time on this porn site .open an office on main street U S A and get paid for your expertise of the laws, And as for you fuck heads that are always so concerned about spelling errors and grammatical errors read a dictionary and stay off this site and quit bothering the rest of us that can figure out what the author meant, so we wouldn't have to waste our time reading your silly posts.

InescuInescualmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story

I find it amusing that people think that their reality is the only reality. I've seen divorces where the children abandoned the spouse cheated on and others in which the opposite occurred. I have a friend that hasn't spoken to her father in over thirty years because he cheated on her mother and broke her family apart, despite numerous very heartfelt attempts on his part to reconcile.

In either case, it was an excellent read that deserves a much higher score.

texcavemantexcavemanalmost 8 years ago
Those that can, write. Those that can't, read. I read......

I believe a writer is successful when he can have a story such as this and have his readers identify with both sides. Feel some of what both families went through and how they felt about their dying loved one.

I tried to remember this is just a fictional story. But, the author excelled at making his story and his characters live.

CONGRATULATIONS BEAST!!

OBTW, now having read my comment I have no doubt you understand why I am a READER not a WRITER.....lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
My reply to moronic comment left by c24j on 04/15/16

You exposed your idiocy with this stupid statement: (((Well, technically I guess she didn't break up the marriage and family . . . that was her husband's weakness. His idea of love was based almost entirely on exclusive ownership, and when that went, there was almost nothing left.)))

So .... assuming that you're a 'man'.... you're saying that you'd have no problem with a REAL man or men fucking the shit out of your wife and pumping their cum into her cheating cunt? ........ Can we assume that it's already happened and that you've accepted your situation, allowing yourself to be secretly or maybe openly sneered at as a gutless cuckold? If so... congratulations... wimp.

Whether someone's fucking her or not, it's my considered opinion that your comment proves that you're an ignorant asshole who deserves to have your hair neatly parted with a firmly applied Louisville Slugger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I'm really sorry people

but I liked it.....bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Very well done.

Don't know why you turned off the stars, but for what it is worth, here is a 4

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
great story

Tho she mentioned her wants and needs. Not even close to the same thing tho most difficult often to separate. Haven't had to die yet so I'm not real sure about forgiveness but it seems in my life that I can't hold on to the anger and hate for more than 20 yrs or so...just had to let it go. Don't think about it anymore and when it does cross my mind I guess I just pause...then simply don't care. It is not in the present momentand right now my present moments are ok.

c24jc24jover 7 years ago
@sbrooks103

>> "If HE cheated on HER, and confessed, and she left HIM, would you say that HER love was based on “ownership”? "

Yes, I'd say exactly the same thing. Doesn't matter if it's the husband or the wife. People have different experiences, and different values. To many, perhaps a majority, essential ownership of the other is everything, and is the most crucial component of what they call love. There is nothing wrong with this.

One has to realize however, it can be the source of much misery and pain. I have friends in a loving, open marriage that has outlasted many traditionally monogamous ones. I also have friends who have given themselves to one another, and no one else, and live happily that way.

However, the latter could easily be torn apart, with years of misery, pain, feelings of betrayal, etc. if one of the spouses had sex outside the marriage. The former avoids all this pain and misery. (Though they have their own sets of expectations that can be just as restrictive, but in different ways.)

Often, it is our belief systems that are responsible for the pain and misery we feel . . . but that's what its, that's who we are. If you believe someone took something that was yours, you feel a pain and loss that you wouldn't feel if you didn't have the feeling that it belonged to you. In each case your love of that thing may well be the same.

At any rate, though I don't have the same feelings as the characters universally seemed to share, I can still appreciate the perspective. I enjoyed the writing and was grabbed by the story.

Oh, and sbrooks103, your final comment . . .

>> "Didn't think so."

Sorry, as I've explained, that doesn't reflect my answer at all, so either you were reading someone else's mind that day, or perhaps it's your subconscious answering . . . something you maybe can't admit to yourself? It seems a bit sexist to me, but since it's your subconscious, I've imagined a short add-on ending especially for you, sbrooks103 . . .

At the reception after the funeral, the 'family' found themselves all together again. Molly looked at everyone and said, "I have one more confession. While we were married, I had 17 affairs. They were all great. Unlike bigmouth Gwen here, I never told him, so we had a magnificently happy marriage, and he died happy in the belief that while we were married, there was never anyone else. So it's best to keep it zipped, Gwen, 'cause some people just can't handle that shit." She looked around at their stunned faces . . . lifted her glass and said, "To Joe, the finest friend, father, and husband ever . . . let us carry him in our hearts forever. Thank you, Joe, for everything."

c24jc24jover 7 years ago
@Anony 7/24

I appreciate your thoughtful comments. As you no doubt know, when you resort to name-calling, you are admitting that you have no logical arguments to what I wrote. So you essentially admit, on a subconscious level at least, you agree with the viewpoint I presented (which wasn't quite the same as my own . . . more on that later). The further suggestion of murderous violence further suggests complete (though perhaps suppressed) agreement with that viewpoint.

Therefore, I thank you for your (perhaps inadvertent) support of that position. My best to you always. I would recommend you find someone to talk to about some of your deep-seated feelings, since if there may be a disconnect that's led to your comments sounding pretty vitriolic.

Now, before we go much further, I might surprise you a bit when I state that what I wrote was one possible observation, not necessarily the one I actually hold.

I think it was Aristotle who wrote that it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. With that in mind, we consider the perspective of each person being responsible . . . if not for their own pain, at least for their ability to push past that pain, and their reactions to it. Taking that into consideration, perhaps, in a more peaceful manner, we could discuss other merits of the tale. This was a good story, don't you think?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hey c24j, you are just another cockold!

I read your profile. You like stories where the husband knowingly allows his wife to sleep with other men. That makes you a cockold lover!

c24jc24jover 7 years ago
Hey Anony 9/08 - I think I can help

You apparently have confused me with someone else, since my profile only has one story, and in that one the husband and cheating wife divorce and he ends up with a much better, faithful wife. What I appreciated about the story was the growth of the main characters, both betrayed and betrayer. That was a little different and well-imagined.

Now, I realize English may not be your primary language, and I used to teach English as a second language, so I thought I might help you out a bit:

A man who knowingly lets his wife sleep with other men (and/or women) would be a 'wittol', NOT a cuckold. Cuckquean (the female version of cuckold) and wittol are rarely used these days. Cuckold is frequently used, but often incorrectly. Cuckold implies the lack of knowledge (check the source). Now I realize that it is also now used at times to describe a man who is actually aroused by his wife being with other men, but even this less accurate, modern term does not fit with your usage. Don't feel bad about it though, the word is often applied incorrectly (especially on this site) by commenters . . . and even a few authors.

People in open marriages, loose marriages, polyamorous marriages, group marriages, polyandrous marriages, or polygamous marriages can not really be called cuckolds or cuckqueans. (There is an exception - Cases where there is a secret, and, by group or couple agreement, forbidden relationship with someone outside the couple or group, thereby rendering all the significant other(s) in the group cuckold and/or cuckquean status.) At any rate, hope that helps!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
sacrifice

Marriage is about the fantasy of each other and of one another. Gwen destroyed those fantasy because of her selfishness. If she truly cares for her husband, she shouldve carried the weight of guilt. She have done a wrong she shouldve been contrite enough to sacrifice for her own sins. But ultimately she chose selfishness, she chose to eased her conscience at the expense of her husbands peace. That isnt love.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 7 years ago
A lovely story.

Very well told. There's nothing wrong with your English, it's just very American. If you don't use the kind of language that some acknowledged "great writers" do, that's no problem. I can be as pedantic as any lover of good English but I do recognise good style and the ability to tell a good story. These you certainly have.

The commentator C24J may be precisely correct in how he defines cuckoldry but he has no feeling for a good story and seems to think that empty pedantry is much more important than considering the evolving changes in the meanings and use of "cuckold". He probably loves the sound of his own voice, too.

The story would be worth five stars; if you were keeping score, that is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A VERY SAD STORY

Hi there peoples! Truly this is a sad story and yes it has humor! Fucken Tastic story none the less! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! Love you all! GREG OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

LamwayLamwayalmost 7 years ago
Thanks for writing

You have become one of my favorite authors, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
To Anon 6/6/17

Why don't you crawl back under the rock you oozed out from. Nobody cares about your brainless comments. That's the last comment from me about your ugly comments. After this I will forget about you completely.

PEOPLE - Ignore the troll that writes in all caps. He's toothless and just likes to hear his own voice. He's just looking to stir the pot to get a rise from someone. His opinions are worthless.

This was an easy 5* story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
c24j

One of your comments compels this question.

When one of your open marriage friends ends up being divorced, do they not feel pain?

Statistically most open and swining marriages end up in divorce. Easy to understand why if you think about it

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
TOMBSTONES JUST STAND MUTE AND FOREBODDEN

for strangers a rock,,,,for family a relic, TK U MLJ LV NV

MasterpuppyMasterpuppyover 6 years ago
@c24j your right and wrong

Those types of relationships can be strong but they are agreed upon first. She did not do that. She cheated on him without prior agreement. You can do the same in a open relationship.

notdumnotdumover 6 years ago
Great One

Great read

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 6 years ago
One of the best .....

............ I have ever read here. Compelling, honest, great -AWESOME - characters. Certainly one of the top ten stories I have read in this community. WOW

Thanks, thanks very much.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 6 years ago
That was a great change of pace

The whole way that the story was told was so difference and interesting! Fantastic!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 6 years ago
I know I've read this before so...

I'm sure I've already commented. I usually do on a fine peice of work like this. There is a lot of emotion packed into these two pages. Great work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...