All Comments on 'Rekindled Ch. 02'

by His_beloved_roisin

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Lovely!

Great second chapter. I hope there are more to come?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Not enough

This story was compelling in the beginning. I get how you were trying to illustrate the depth of feeling here, by his devotion during her convalescence. Unfortunately, that's pretty much all this chapter was about so it didn't move the story along very much. I'm still reading because the first chapter has left a hell of a lot of questions that this chapter hasn't even begun to cover.

So, next chapter, move the story along by filling in some of the blanks and questions. There's no need to take a whole chapter to show devotion.

His_beloved_roisinHis_beloved_roisinalmost 12 years agoAuthor
too much devotion?

i will admit, since this story is based on true events, it would have been hard for me to move on in this, especially to the D/s aspects of their relationship, without working intensely hard to show the trust.

after Iz was abused in a pseudo-D/s relationship (because it honestly does not deserve the title whatsoever), it will take a LOT for Etienne to pull her back into a place where she can submit to Him without fear. and even still, even as we work toward the submission in this story, you will see hesitation and fear even as thing progress.

i know it seems a little "slow" now, but trust me, those who are in the D/s lifestyle (my own Master in particular) would agree with me that this part was and is imperative.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Glad to know...

The devotion was well covered. I should apologize for my impatience. I don't do well in meetings either because once I get the point, I want to move on and not belabor the point. Perhaps, as a writer, you might extend some trust to your readers? His devotion has been demonstrated. But why is he so devoted? What does he owe her? Is it his fault, what happened to her? Those were the questions I assumed would be covered in this chapter.

I'm still here, still reading, still compelled to find out what happened and how she came to be in such a brutal relationship, why she thought Etienne was dead, where the hell was he if he wasn't dead, and most important of all, what are the events that lead to her (hoping its safe to assume) eventual healing? So you see, your first chapter went a long mile in creating an attachment to her story and desire to learn more.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my comment. That was very nice of you;)

His_beloved_roisinHis_beloved_roisinalmost 12 years agoAuthor
i promise

all your questions WILL be answered. it might be another chapter or two, as i tend to not be the biggest fan of the instant reveal, but i promise that your every question will find its answer coming in the next couple chapters.

CaitlyCateCaitlyCatealmost 12 years ago
5*s!

Sent you feedback. In case you don't get it, great story! Can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Don't listen!

I think its perfect! Why does everything need to be rushed these days people? This story is a work of beauty and depth - the author commented at the beginning it wouldn't be a quick fling. Go with it, enjoy the ride. I am quite sure what comes next will be just as enjoyable... I love this, please don't change.

huntersangelhuntersangelover 11 years ago
I agree with anon 5/19's comments

This story is a work of art, it's so beautiful and the depth that HBR goes to to show their feelings is very much needed in order to show that just how much love these two have for each other. If I wanted a quickie non feeling story I would not have continued this far. So, I'm just glad that you have continued with this story and I'm really surprised at all the critical comments that both chapters have received. Wow, somebody actually dared to write a love story and not just a romance or stroke story and people critique it negatively...hum, go figure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A truly ...

beautiful story. Can't wait to move on to the next chapter. I think I've found a treasure. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous