All Comments on 'Reluctant Homecoming'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
ErieBearErieBearover 9 years ago

Best story I've read in awhile. Thanks for the hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
tears

great story except for the cheating on the partner he(loves)so much can gay guys be faithful ever,even in fiction

KethandraKethandraover 9 years ago
Five stars

I do agree with the anon comment about the protagonist cheating (twice!) not fitting my perception of his character, but that is just what I wanted the character to do and doesn't detract from the quality crafting of the story. I enjoyed the extras - wanting the snow, the fathers boots - and the main character realistically growing in understanding that you've included in less than two pages.

bigkahoonabigkahoonaover 9 years ago
Excellent, great story as usual

Excellent story. You never disappoint

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Beautiful

And I wonder, as well, why it seems so difficult for us to be monogamous. Thanks for this sweet, wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hmmm

4 stars, simple read with a nice speed to it, nice change from the typical Southern Baptist minister but the writing felt stiff. It felt like there was absolutely no emotion behind it, which is a bit unusual for your stories. Everything just felt so matter of fact.

nanobotnanobotover 9 years ago
very surprising

I've read comments on how this story lacked emotion- this story was a first person account by a man repressing his feelings coming to ownership of them. I found his growth not more sudden then his confrontations. Most people get religion about their life changes but they seldom truly understand their motivations. I believe this story had a more realistic depiction of the miscommunication that occurs when people lack empathy. He felt sorry for himself. He lacked perspective. He had prejudices. Many Christmas homecomings are painful because they are a landscape for some to admire and minefields for others to negotiate. The letter was a work of art. There was no cloying sentiment in this tale. The character had growth, became humble. And if he can write meaningful short stories that move like that, Sr71plt can put all the Christmas trees he wants in them. And I'm an atheist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
not cheating

I think, he broke old sick bonds with his former raper. Love, tears, lol, awww and Joy all together. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Casey 1988

I loved the story and I think a follow up second chapter is due for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story was ruined by Clay’s willing cheating with Milo - twice. If he wanted to exorcise that demon, he did not have to let him fuck him twice to do that. There is no justification for it, other than to point out a weakness in Clay’s character. Thad deserves better and I hope he finds it in someone other than Clay.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...