Rescuing a Damsel in Distress

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I thought I'd done a fairly good job of not reacting but she must have picked up something because she gave a small startled look before she smiled shyly.

Once our teas were ready we went into what I termed the living room. Due to it being a trailer, I had walled off a section from the eating / kitchen area with a row of bookcases.

Along the long wall was a Tall Case Clock, a large electric fireplace, an old, really old radio that I had the flat screen TV on, a tall display case, a small wooden shelving unit for CDs and DVDs then there was a set of double windows.

Across from that were the bookcases with a couch, end table and wing-back chair sitting in front of them.

The short wall had a small table sitting in front of a double hung set of windows and another small table with a potted plant on it.

Needless to say the area was fairly cramped as there was only about four and a half to five feet between the couch and the radio with the TV on it.

Since the wing-back chair currently had a pile of stuff on it, we sat on the couch.

Bonnie sighed softly with a small smile as she sat down. It was the look of someone who'd just survived a trying time in the cold and wet and was just enjoying finally being warm and dry.

I watched as her eyes darted around, taking everything in.

I was a bit curious to her reaction as well as feeling a bit embarrassed. I admit I'm a bit of a pack-rat and virtually every available surface was covered in . . . stuff.

All the little bits and bobs of life that held some sort of memory for me. Of course there were also a bunch of candles of various types, some steins, nutcrackers and other collectibles.

One top of that the walls were fairly well covered with mainly swords and fencing memorabilia.

For a moment she looked slightly overwhelmed but then slowly a small smile formed on her face and she whispered, "I like it."

"It is a bit much," I replied apologetically, smiling wanly.

"No. Well yes a little but really no. It reflects a life well lived, a life full of so many moments and memories," she murmured warmly, her eyes darting around again, stopping here and there as she took in little details that she hadn't noticed the first time.

"Like I said, I like it." Then she glanced sideways at me. "It's told me so much about you without you having to say a word. All the little pieces tell a story, some quite obvious and others that intrigue me because I want to know their story."

Now I was blushing for a totally different reason. Bonnie was obviously a very intelligent and perceptive young woman.

That was something I had been contemplating since we'd arrived back at my home and I'd gotten a chance to get a good look at her. The problem was that I sucked at figuring out women's ages.

I could tell she wasn't a teenager and I doubted she was in her early twenties, but other than that she could have been anywhere in her mid twenties or thirties.

I didn't think she was in her forties, though I have know a few women in their forties that still looked almost as young as Bonnie.

The thing was I still had this nagging in the back of my brain that I kind of knew her or at least recognized her but being the thick-headed guy I was, plus it was really late and I hadn't had much sleep the night before, I wasn't thinking quickly or all that well, to tell the truth.

I noticed Bonnie glancing at me and it was like she could tell what I was thinking. I saw her open her mouth like she was going to say something but then she closed it again and gave a look that I had a hard time reading.

There was a wistfulness to it, along with a sense of sadness. In fact when she looked back up at me I could see the corners of her eyes glistening slightly and her smile was a bit strained.

I didn't press her on it and gave her a few moments to gather herself together. I sipped my tea and scratched Ethel's ears as she came over and plopped her head in my lap, hoping I had something to share but all I had was the tea.

Not that she wouldn't have drank some but if you know anything about bloodhounds it's that they have the worst backwash of just about any living creature. Something I learn from leaving my glass or mug of tea sitting on the end table when I went to do something.

Ethel would climb up on the couch and help herself and once she did, it was one glass, mug or whatever that was totally ruined for human consumption.

Bonnie giggled, sounding much better than she had looked a few moments before, as she looked at me and Ethel.

Ethel picked her head up at the sound of Bonnie's giggling and stood up with her front paws on the couch, where she proceeded to start kissing and licking her again.

I yelled at Ethel, telling her to get down, but Bonnie told me to leave her alone as she wrapped her arms around Ethel's neck, welcoming her attention, giggling and laughing the whole time.

"Please, leave her alone. I don't mind, really, in fact I love it," she pleaded between giggles.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head but it was with a huge smile. If she wanted to get her clean face "washed" by Ethel, far be it for me to interfere.

She did eventually let me rein Ethel in a little when she climbed up and tried to sit / lay in her lap. Like I said, Ethel goes right around a hundred pounds but unfortunately she thinks she's a lap dog.

Not that Bonnie really minded, it was the fact the Ethel almost sent her tea flying, and it was only because her mug was almost empty that she didn't get it dumped on her.

As it was a little sloshed out but it wasn't enough to even soak through the thick robe she was wearing.

Luckily Ethel settled down, laying her head in Bonnie's lap. It did make things a bit crowded on the couch but we all managed.

Bonnie laid her head back into the couch and began to sigh but it quickly morphed into a yawn.

I watched as her eyes began to flutter as she fought to stay awake.

"You should go to bed," I said softly.

She gave me a startled look. "I don't want to take your bed," she protested softly.

"Damn women," I thought.

"Don't even," I chided her in exasperation. "I rescued you from the side of the road, brought you home, let you shower, gave you some of my clothes and a mug of hot tea. I'm not going to let you break my streak and jeopardize my Knight in Shining Armor membership card," I teased but getting my point across.

Fortunately she smiled and giggled softly. "Well when you put it that way, how can I refuse," she replied.

She went to get up and it took a little doing as Ethel didn't want to move and kept her head in Bonnie's lap.

When Bonnie was finally able to wiggle free and stood up, Ethel finally moved, crawling off the couch, kind of following the beautiful red head.

Bonnie gave me a tired smile. "Thank you again and good night," she whispered softly.

"Good night," I replied, with a shake of my head. "You know you don't need to keep thanking me," I chided playfully.

"I know I don't need to but I want to because of how wonderful and kind you've been to me," she murmured, her eyes bright as they misted over.

Then in a move that totally took me by surprise, she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. Then with one last smile, she headed off to the bedroom.

I sat there stunned for a moment, my cheek tingling where her soft, warm lips had touched me.

Now I guess I've been rather remiss in that I haven't described myself very well. "I'm a bit older than Bonnie, quite a bit older as a matter of fact. I'm pushing sixty, like pushing it down as I'm a couple years pasted it.

I've always looked and felt much younger than my years, but I knew I was older. My hair is now mostly gray, as is my beard that is fairly long, hanging about half way down my chest toward my navel. My hair is usually anywhere from middle of the ear and collar length to a bit longer when I don't feel like getting it cut.

I carry a few to many extra pounds but try to remain active, being involved with the Search and Rescue work kind of made that mandatory.

Now the thing is, I don't really feel my age, what I mean is I just don't think about it. The way I see the world, is the same way I did back when I was twenty. Looking out from the inside, the world just seemed the same.

Even with all that and I had to admit I was attracted to Bonnie, I just couldn't see there ever being anything between us. Forget the whole we barely knew one another, hell we hadn't even exchanged last names.

Though I didn't know exactly how old she was, I knew she was much younger. That and I just couldn't conceive what a beautiful young woman like her would see in a more "mature" guy like me. (I hate saying old)

I chided myself for even going down that route. Like I said, we barely knew one another. Shaking my head, I downed the last of my tea and pushed the button for the recliner section of the couch.

Ethel rejoined me, having followed Bonnie back to the bedroom but she likes to be near me when we sleep. She laid down on the floor at the other end of the couch and settled down.

With a sigh, thinking what an idiot I was being concerning my thoughts about Bonnie, I turned off the light and laid back and drifted off to sleep.

It was a while later when something woke me up. I don't really have any idea how long it was, all I knew it was still dark out so it was still in the middle of the night.

It took me a moment to figure out what had awoken me and when I did I was flabbergasted. Bonnie had come out and was leaning into my side, with her head on my shoulder.

I was trying to figure out what was happening when I heard a soft sniffle.

"Are you all right?" I asked in a whisper.

"I just don't want to be alone right now," she whimpered, sniffling once again.

My mind raced through everything that I knew about what she'd been through, as little as it was.

Yeah, she'd been frustrated when I first discovered her drenched on the side of the road, but there seemed to be more to it than that.

She'd been crying and I got the impression it had to do with more that her rental car breaking down.

A lot of the perception had to do with the way she had acted with her phone. I saw the pain in her eyes when she looked at it and then there was the whole throwing it out of the car as we sped down the road.

My guess was she'd had a fight with someone and fled. I had noticed she wasn't wearing any rings but there was an indication that there had been one on her left ring finger sometime in the past, though not very recently.

Then there was the fact that she didn't seem to have anywhere she wanted to go and wanted to come home with me. Not that I thought she saw me as anything but a savior from the pouring rain and someone to offer her some comfort.

I felt her squirm around a little. The couch wasn't really all that comfortable if you weren't sitting in one of the recliner sections.

I heard her sigh. "Would you . . . um, could we go and lay down in the bed," she whispered hesitantly.

When I paused to think about her request, she immediately said, "I'm not . . . um, coming on to you or anything, I just . .. want someone to hold me and let me know things are going to be all right," sounding slightly panicky.

"I didn't think otherwise," I reassured her with a soft smile.

I felt her sigh in relief and then rise. I followed her as did Ethel. I was just hoping that she'd stay on the floor as she could take up a huge amount of room when she spread out.

I watched as Bonnie crawled into the bed and glance at me shyly.

I gave her another reassuring smile before I joined her. After a little shuffling around, we ended up spooned together, her back to my front.

I silently prayed that my cock wouldn't react to the presence of her warm, soft body pressed into mine. It had been a while since I was in that position.

Fortunately things remained calm down below and we were doubly fortunate that Ethel sprawled out on the floor after taking a look at us.

When we first cuddled together, I could feel how tense Bonnie was but as we just laid there, I felt her relax and finally drift off to sleep.

I smiled as I looked at her, she seemed much younger and vulnerable now that she was asleep, though I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked.

Since it had been a long day and I hadn't had much sleep, I soon followed her into slumber.

I was having a really pleasant dream when I was awoken by a cold nose nudging my elbow.

"Ethel," I groaned in a whisper.

Cracking my eyes open I noticed it was now light out, though it was the soft light of dawn.

I silently cursed dogs in general for being such creatures of habit.

It was then that I noticed that we'd shifted during the night. I was laying on my back and Bonnie was snuggled into my side with her head on my shoulder and her one arm draped across my stomach.

I was taken with how at peace she looked and I prayed that I'd be able to extricate myself without waking her.

Ethel nudged me again and I knew I had to get up or she's climb up onto the bed to make sure I was awake and would let her out.

As carefully and gently as I could, I began to slide out from under Bonnie's warm and enticing body.

She whimpered and cracked her eyes open, giving me a questioning frown.

"Ethel wants out. Just go back to sleep," I whispered in explanation.

She nodded sleepily and closed her eyes again and by the sound of her breathing, I knew she'd fallen back to sleep.

I let Ethel out and began to prepare her breakfast which I knew she'd want as soon as she came back in.

I put on the kettle to make some tea but put off making my breakfast, figuring I'd eat once Bonnie got up.

After Ethel came back in and ate, I grabbed my mug of tea, my lap top, a cigar and bundled up, heading out to sit on the porch.

I never smoke in the house, it's just the way I am and if it's to cold or nasty to sit out to smoke my cigar, I forgo it. I usually smoke a Churchill, of various brands, they take me about an hour or a little more to smoke.

I have a nice canopy so most inclement weather doesn't bother me, in fact I kind of like sitting outside while it's raining or snowing, as long as the wind isn't blowing to hard.

I have a bunch of bird feeders hanging along the edge of the canopy and even though I'm only about 5 feet from the closest feeder, the birds don't seem to mind.

Well, I had a pleasant, peaceful time on the deck, Ethel came back out and curled up on the rug in front to the door and we had a fine time, listening and watching nature, or at least I did, the damn dog went back to sleep.

Once I was done with my cigar, I went back inside and wasn't there long when I heard the door to the bedroom open, followed shortly by the door to the bathroom.

I put the kettle back on and started the bacon. I do it a little different than most. I saw a cooking show that demonstrated how to do it in the oven. It takes a little longer but it comes out nice and crispy without burning very easily and it has a lot less fat.

A short time later, Bonnie came padding softly out into the kitchen. She gave me a smile that made my heart flutter, saying "Something smells really good."

I joked that someone should make bacon scented products like perfume and after-shave because everyone loves the smell of bacon.

She laughed but I think she only did it so I wouldn't feel bad.

"How do you want your eggs?" I asked.

"Oh, tea is fine," she replied.

I gave her my sternest look, well as stern as I could with a smile on my face and said "You know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

She laughed again but this time it was much more genuine and her eyes sparkled brilliantly.

'Whatever you're having," she answered, after she stopped laughing.

"Pick, either scrambled or over easy?" I shot back.

She looked thoughtful for a moment. "Scrambled," she replied with a grin.

"Good. That way I don't have to worry about breaking the yolks," I laughed.

By then the kettle began to whistle and she made the tea while I concentrated on preparing the eggs.

By the time the eggs were done, the bacon was ready and so was the toast I had made.

We sat down at the table and shared a wonderful breakfast. I was smiling, enjoying having someone there to chat with over the meal.

By the time we were done, Bonnie had become quiet again and looked rather pensive.

"What's up?" I asked, genuinely curious.

She looked at me, appearing startled. She gave me a sad smile, "Just thinking," she replied softly.

"Can I help?" I asked softly, giving her a sympathetic look.

Her eyes became sad and she stared at me for a moment, before dropping her gaze. "I . . . " she began but halted.

It appeared she wanted to say something but was having trouble getting it out. I didn't press her, letting her decide for herself what she wanted to share.

"Are you in some sort of trouble?" I asked, somewhat slyly.

She gave a little snort sort of laugh. "Not really, not in the way you're thinking," she sighed. "I've just got some things to work through and just need some time to think."

"So you can read minds," I teased her.

She gave me a puzzled look so I laughed. "You said not in the way I was thinking," I teased, causing her to smile.

"You know what I mean," she quipped, giving me a small smile.

I just stared at her and she rolled her eyes. Something I found kind of cute.

"You know, like with the law," she replied with an exasperated sigh.

"Yeah, that was part of it," I admitted, "but I meant anything. I'm a bit . . . more mature, so maybe I can help, that's if you want it," I added, making the offer but letting her have an out.

She smiled but it was rather sad. "I'll think about it," she replied quietly and I could tell she really meant it.

Then she gave me a hesitant look. "Would it be possible for me to, like stay here for a couple days?" she asked, her eyes pleading with me.

I didn't hesitate a moment, "If you need someplace to stay, sure. Why would I object. I mean come on, you're a young, very beautiful woman. I'd be an idiot if I didn't let you stay," I said, giving her my most winning smile.

She frowned at me, giving me a "Really?" look.

"Okay, okay," I surrendered. "Look Bonnie, of course you can stay. I didn't rescue you from a torrential downpour just to kick you out. Besides, they'd revoke my Knight in Shinning Armor card," I joked, with an apologetic look.

She sighed and gave me a small smile, shaking her head. "All right, thank you. I'll try not to get in the way or cause you any trouble. Though please cut out the corny crap."

"Yes Milady," I replied with a wide smile.

Bonnie groaned but did return my smile.

She rose and began to collect the dirty dishes.

"You don't have to do that. I'll get them later," I said, trying to be the nice host.

"You're not one of those guys who leave the dishes in the sink for days on end?" she accused me with a frown.

I pretended to not hear her, staring out the window.

"Well I don't so don't try and stop me," she snapped, gathering up all the dishes except my mug of tea, which I was still sipping from.

"I thought you wanted to think?" I countered, trying to dissuade her.

"Even you are smart enough to know that washing dishes is a mindless task that I can get plenty of thinking time in while doing," she replied condescendingly.

I winced, knowing quite well that she'd be able to wash and think at the same time. I'd had enough mindless jobs to know.

Sighing, I got up and joined her. When she gave me one of those looks, I said "You wash, I'll dry."

She gave me a brilliant smile that made my guts twist, giving me that fluttering in my stomach that I hadn't felt in a long time. I tried to ignore it.

We worked mainly in silence, me letting her do her thinking.