Resolutions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He's still watching but he looks like he's suffering from a kind of physical torture. He's trying to stay involved in the conversation with John while sending fleeting looks our way. The expression on his face leaves me torn between wanting to moan and smile; I feel bizarrely proud of myself for playing a part in putting it there.

He lowers his hand to the crotch of his shorts and discreetly adjusts his cock. Thinking about how hard it must be by now has desire filling me, and I touch Beth's pussy with feather light strokes, teasing her clit in slow circles. She moans and her mouth moves on my neck, her tongue leaving gentle caresses as her breaths warm my skin. She gives my throat a soft, sucking kiss as she continues manipulating my pussy with her slippery fingers.

"This is so hot," she says. "You feel so good, Ells."

Her voice sounds breathless, her words panting from her. I've heard her coming before while she's with Lucas but I suddenly want to experience it myself, to be the reason behind her making those sounds. I release her breast and wrap my arm around her, gripping her bare shoulder and pulling her tightly against me. It leaves little room for the movements of my hand, but the restriction intensifies both her touch and mine.

I feel it building inside me, my climax just within reach. She grabs the back of my neck and encourages my head to turn, the movement resulting in an urgent meeting of mouths. While her tongue thrusts against mine her fingers rub my clit in a fast back-and-forth motion that finally sends me flying.

We lean against each other, a strangled moan leaving me just as her body trembles with her release. It all happens so quickly. The sensations, the feeling of her losing it... God, I can't breathe.

I pull my mouth free from hers and stare in Lucas's direction. The tremors begin beneath her hand, spreading through my body while I watch him. Our gazes clash and I take in his features in a dazed kind of wonder as his girlfriend makes me come. A final, guttural sigh then tears from me and my thighs tighten around her fingers.

Lucas's eyes drift closed. I'm not sure if he's committing the image to memory or just trying to shut it out so he can remain in control. Either way, it mesmerises me, making me feel a strong urge to be close to him and touch him.

It's in that moment that I hear Beth whisper I love you against my neck, and my stomach drops as I suddenly realise I can't do it to her. We've been friends for years and have never let a man come between us. No matter how much I want to, no matter how many times Lucas presses the issue, I have to keep my hands to myself.

Beth and I finally pull back from each other to right our clothing, both of us still trying to catch our breaths. We don't make eye contact at first but once she's tugged the bodice of her dress into place she lifts her gaze to meet mine. There's a little awkwardness between us but also a deep feeling of closeness that wasn't there before.

"Well, I guess that's one item checked off your list," she says, giving me an almost shy smile. "And it's not even technically the new year yet, so you're off to a good start."

I smile and use my thumb to rub a smudge of red lipstick from the corner of her mouth. I cast another glance in Lucas's direction, then immediately wish I hadn't. The look of resolve in his features gives the impression that his vision of the night ahead has a much different ending to mine.

One of us is going to be in for a surprise when those fireworks start up later.

* * * * *

It's almost midnight and darkness has finally settled in. We've hung some lanterns from the low-lying tree branches, and there's a floodlight at the rear of the house blanketing the backyard in a yellow glow. The warmth of the day still lingers even without the sun.

The guests have become rowdier than ever now. There's some wrestling going on in one of the wading pools and a drinking game in progress. A close work colleague of mine has just flung off her bikini top. She's straddling one of Lucas's friends after having been introduced to him for the first time tonight. Since she's normally the quiet type, I know she'll be regretting this tomorrow.

It makes me wonder if I'll have any regrets of my own after tonight.

I've somehow managed to stay out of Lucas's way, but I know I can only avoid him for so long. Even if I dodge any advances he makes during the party, I still have to live with him. The looks he's been sending me these past couple of hours suggest he's still planning to make a move during the fireworks show. I've decided it's for the best if I turn him down, but it doesn't stop me from indulging in a few what-if fantasies.

Every time I think about him getting close to me and turning on the charm, my skin tingles and my body warms with pleasure. Saying no to him isn't going to be easy, but my friendship with Beth is more important. I'm fairly certain my attraction to him is mostly physical, but I know that won't matter to her if I take him up on his offer and she finds out later.

I'm standing near the tree where she and I had our encounter a few hours ago. It's quiet over here compared to the rest of the yard and I'm enjoying the solitude. I've been mingling with the guests for most of the night, but I just need a few moments alone now to gather my thoughts.

I turn and glance out at the lake that backs onto our property, watching as a group of latecomers make their way down to the water's edge. They're too far away for me to see them clearly, but I suddenly want to be among them and away from all of this tension and temptation. I wish I could go back to the beginning of the night when my life wasn't so complicated.

"Ellie."

I whirl around to find Lucas standing there. "You scared me," I say, flattening a palm against my pounding heart.

"Why so jumpy?"

He isn't close enough for me to see his expression, but there's no mistaking the humour in his tone. It helps me feel more at ease around him because I'm reminded again that this is only a game to him; shooting him down isn't going to hurt his feelings. "I don't know, I guess I just get that way when people sneak up on me in the dark."

He lets out a huff of laughter that almost makes me smile. Without waiting for a response, I walk out from under the cover of the trees, moving closer to the fence so I'll have a clear view of the show. I should be heading back to join our friends, but I know he won't let up until we've had this discussion. It's probably good timing because I've reached the point now where I'm tired of finding reasons to disappear every time he comes near me.

He follows me and stops at my side. "What are you doing over here anyway?" he asks. "Avoiding me?"

I shoot him a glance, unable to stop myself from smiling this time. "Not only are you pretty, you're perceptive too."

He chuckles as his gaze sweeps over me. The playful expression on his face makes me want to forget all about my decision to keep my distance. His hands are in his pockets, his stance casual and at ease. I'm never sure if his ability to appear completely unflappable annoys or impresses me.

"It looked as if you were enjoying yourself with my girlfriend earlier," he says, returning his attention to the activity around the lake.

It's just like him to try to throw me off balance by steering the conversation into inappropriate territory. He does it so naturally, too. The only way I can stay in control is to pretend it has no effect on me. "Hmm... maybe. What gave it away?"

He slants me a look. "Public orgasms are a pretty big clue."

It surprises me that in the midst of all this, he's still able to make me want to laugh. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Were you thinking about me when she had her hand in your panties?"

The sound of his deep voice and the rush of desire the memory triggers have me wrapping my arms around myself. "You shouldn't talk to me like that," I say.

He gives me a quick smile then glances in the direction of the party, leaning forward as if he's searching for someone. When his gaze shifts back to me, there's an intensity in his eyes that wasn't there seconds ago. "Do you know what I wanted to do after I watched you come?" he asks.

How am I supposed to answer that? I shouldn't be having an intimate conversation like this with someone else's boyfriend in the first place. The part that annoys me most is that despite how wrong this is I desperately want to hear his answer. I raise my eyes and blow out a breath, choosing the wiser option of saying nothing.

"I wanted to grab Beth's hand while you were still standing there and lick the taste of you from her fingers."

God, I can't stand this any longer. I wish he wouldn't say these things to me. The huskiness in his voice brings goosebumps to my skin and the urge to touch him grows even stronger. My eyes close, and I focus on my breathing in order to hold back my reply.

"The way you looked at me when you came... I wanted to shove you up against the tree and fuck you right there while everyone was watching."

My eyes shoot open, my mind flooding with sensual images that are so vivid I can almost feel him inside me. My arms unfold and I glance around to make sure we're still alone. "Stop it, Lucas. I mean it."

A ghost of a smile plays about his lips and he's watching me as if I'm his latest form of entertainment. He looks like he's trying not to laugh, and I can't for the life of me figure out why he finds this so funny.

"She knows."

My stomach drops and my heart pounds so hard that the noise from the party barely registers. "What do you mean?"

"It was Beth's idea."

I sweep my gaze over the row of trees that separate this area of the yard from the other, expecting her to step out into the open clutching her stomach and laughing. "What?" I'm barely able to hold back from grabbing fistfuls of his tank top to shake the information out of him.

"I told her it was fucking stupid. I didn't think you'd go for it but she said you had this list of dares or a..." He pauses as if trying to remember the term Beth used.

"Bucket list, a sexual one." It's a struggle to form the words while my mind's trying to grasp the concept that this might actually be real. I draw in a quick breath, my hands clenching and releasing at my sides.

"Yeah. She wants to watch me with another woman, but you're the only one she trusts. You apparently had a threesome on your list, so..."

My pulse is fluttering in my throat. I blink and try to make sense of what he's saying. "Watch you with another woman? Are you serious?" I'm not even sure he's talking about the same Beth.

One side of his mouth quirks, and he pulls his hands from his pockets. He reaches out for me, hooking my elbows to bring me closer. "Maybe you don't know this about her... but she's a little kinky."

That could probably qualify as understatement of the year. While I'm still processing that information, a movement in the corner of my eye catches my attention. I hold my breath and watch as Beth moves out from between a couple of trees to join us here in the clearing. My body jolts, and the fight or flight instinct kicks in. I attempt to pull my arms free from Lucas's hold but he only drags me closer.

I figure it'll look worse if I make a scene, so I try to relax and wait this out. I need to know what's going on here.

"I wondered where you two were," she says, smiling. "I've been looking for you."

Since Lucas and I have been gone for a while, she launches into an animated update on the party, reporting on the status of the food and alcohol supply, letting us know which guests have hooked up and who's crashed already. All the while, her descriptions and the tone of her voice give the impression she's completely unaware of the strange vibe going on here.

It all feels surreal because Lucas is still holding on to me like he has every right to touch me. He doesn't meet my eyes but his thumb sweeps over the sensitive skin inside my elbow, keeping me all too aware of his presence. I'm sure it's intentional.

"I told her," he finally says, cutting Beth off.

She stops in the middle of a sentence and looks from him to me. Her eyes are unusually bright in the dim light, and her hand comes up to rake through her short, dark hair. The way her smile falters makes my breath catch, and it's in that moment I realise Lucas has been telling the truth.

It feels like my heart stops beating and then I'm suddenly hit with a rush of understanding. The glimpses of humour he's been showing these past couple of weeks, his flirtatious behaviour and his lack of concern over who sees him... it's all been leading to this.

My best friend wants me to have sex with her boyfriend.

"I meant to talk to you about it while we were dancing before," she tells me quickly. "I've been working up to it for days but... we kind of got distracted." She gives me a meek smile that's completely unlike her, and I realise for the first time that she probably feels vulnerable showing this side of herself to me. It shocks me that there's so much I don't know about her even though we've been close for years.

"She didn't believe me." Lucas keeps his attention on me but directs his words to Beth, smiling as he pulls me even closer. He slides his hands up my arms and strokes my shoulders. I let out a slow breath, trying to get my head around the fact that this is actually happening. We've never physically been this close before and now Beth's here to witness it all.

"Will you do it, Ellie?" she asks. "Just this once?" The back of her hand brushes mine and our fingers slide together while my gaze remains on Lucas. She leans in to me, pressing a kiss on my cheek. "It would turn me on," she whispers beside my ear, "so much."

I'm overwhelmed with longing, but I don't know who exactly I'm longing for. I turn to face her. "I can't even make sense of this," I say, taking in her features as if I've never seen her before. "How can you watch us together and not hate me?"

Her attention darts to my mouth and she moistens her lower lip. "Because I love both of you," she says.

It makes me wonder if it can be that simple. Before I can think too much about it she curves her free hand around the back of my neck and kisses me softly. The gentleness of the touch makes me sigh. My eyes close, and I feel Lucas sweeping his palms from my shoulders to elbows. He moves in close and cups my chin, urging my mouth to leave Beth's.

When our lips make contact for the first time I actually feel my knees quiver. I want to check Beth's reaction but I can't tear my attention away from Lucas. I let go of her hand so I can hold onto his forearms and steady myself. My mouth moves with his, my lips opening to invite him inside. He makes the most of the opportunity, and his tongue dives in to tease mine.

I hear Beth whisper "yes" as her fingertips stroke the back of my neck. That single word and the force behind it, sends my desire soaring and eases my doubts. She moves in behind me, slipping her arms around my waist. Her sweeping movements up and down my abdomen have her brushing the undersides of my breasts.

The three of us stand like this for long moments, with Lucas and I kissing while Beth's hands slide over my body, arousing me further. The intensity between us deepens, our touches becoming demanding rather than teasing. I feel Lucas's need; the hunger in his kiss and the hardness of his cock pressed against me. I let out a whimper and push closer to him.

He groans against my mouth, moving his hands to my shoulders to slip the straps down my arms. Beth's there to take over; she pulls them to my elbows, helping me tug my arms free.

The knowledge that both of them are undressing me so that he can have his way with me in front of her makes me kiss him harder. I grab his wrists and lift them, desperate to have his hands on me. When his palms cup my breasts, I thrust my tongue against his and make an urgent sound in my throat.

Beth works the dress over my hips, my mouth remaining occupied with Lucas's while I step out of the bundled material.

Suddenly I'm standing in our backyard sandwiched between my two housemates, wearing nothing but my panties.

He moves his mouth to my neck, his lips tasting my skin while his fingertips work my nipple into a hard, aching point. I tip my head back and watch Beth as Lucas kisses his way down my throat.

"We don't have much time," she says. "People will be looking for us soon. Please, Ellie. He's so good."

Lucas's breathy laugh warms my skin. His hand glides from my breast to my belly, slipping between my thighs in one fluid movement. I let out a shocked cry as tingling warmth spreads through me. He massages my pussy with a confidence that has me wrapping my arms around him to keep him close.

It's in that moment I decide I'm going to let him to do whatever he wants and just trust that Beth will put a stop to it if it goes too far.

My legs part to allow him easier access, and his groan rumbles against my throat. The heat of his palm penetrates my panties, his thumb finding my clit through damp cotton. He presses a soft kiss on the underside of my jaw, and I sigh in response.

"Your pussy feels so good," he says. The deepness of his voice makes my stomach quiver. "Want me to fuck it nice and hard for you?"

Oh, God. Desire slams into me. Rather than answer him, I grab fistfuls of his tank top and drag it up his chest. He plants a smacking kiss on my mouth then pulls back to help me tug the material over his head. Once discarded, he yanks me against him, and his mouth closes over mine again. His arms slide around me, and the kiss goes on as if neither of us can get enough of each other.

It feels so different from the moment I shared with Beth. His body is hard where her's was soft, his touch commanding where her's encouraged. I love the sensation of his strength pressed against me, his fingers moving back and forth over my panties. I shove my hands between our bodies and latch onto the button at the top of his shorts, popping it open so I can get started on the zipper.

Beth makes a sound behind me, and it's the first time it registers that she's no longer touching me. I pull my mouth from Lucas's, letting out a panting breath as I turn my head.

Just as I'm worrying that the reality of the situation isn't matching up to her fantasy and she's going to end this, she looks at me and says softly, "God, Ellie, this is so hot. I can't—I have to..." Her voice trails off and she moves back to sit on the grass.

She arranges herself in a cross-egged position, her dress stretching taut over her thighs. With a quick movement of her hand, she has her bodice lowered to expose one of her breasts. When she covers it with her hand and begins toying with her nipple I take that as an encouraging sign. I tear my gaze away from her and return my attention to Lucas.

"She's okay," he reassures me. He kisses me again, his lips softening against mine, his tongue making slow, sweeping caresses through my mouth. I press closer to him, the feel of his bare chest against mine urging me on.

I want to know what it's like to touch every inch of him, to feel him inside me. The longer this goes on the more the craving for him builds. I'm desperate now to have him.

His mouth moves from mine and leaves soft pecks across my cheek. "Lie down next to her," he says quietly beside my ear. "I want you on your back so you can see the fireworks while I'm fucking you."

My limbs tremble and the ache between my thighs becomes unbearable. I close my eyes for a moment just to calm myself.

Lucas kisses my temple and tucks his thumbs in the waistband of my panties, sending them to my ankles with one shove. I kick free of them, faintly self-conscious about being the only one naked among the three of us.