Retribution

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My wait took less time than I had expected. The hostess returned and gave me directions to where I was supposed to meet with Tony DeMarco. The directions took me to the back through the same set of doors the hostess entered and exited from.

I followed a path through the kitchen and through another set of doors leading into a well lit hallway. The walls were white and bare giving the place a lifeless feel. I continued until I reached the far end and went another set of doors.

The restaurant was large but after covering the distance I had, I suspected the back part of the next building served as the office area for the restaurant. Passing through the doors a new hallway appeared with the options to go either left or right. I chose the path to the right because the directions were to go that way.

I came to a door near the end of the hall and knocked. A voice bade me in and I proceeded in.

"Beautiful for a human and assassin," the man sitting at a large oak desk said as I entered.

"You speak as if you are not human."

"Don't play with me girl. You claim you belonged to Talilith so you know of what she is and of what I am," he said sternly. "Indulge me and tell me what has happened to her."

Talilith had told me some of the demons directly involved in her dealings would question of her or her whereabouts. Until the next Winter council was summoned she could ultimately stay hidden. I was told to play ignorant in the matter. I was tempted to reveal the truth and would have had I not chose to honor our agreement.

"I can only presume she is dead," I lied. "I went to a designated place to meet her after things went bad, but she never showed and to this day I have yet to hear word of her."

"Hmmm." He stroked his beard as his eyes cast all around me. "And you have done what all this time?"

"What I can. I am a person of many trades."

"My boss may have use for someone, but he seeks someone that is skilled enough to fall under his employment."

"I am as skilled as any Delfonis."

His eyes perked at the mention of his real name. He stared at me for another few moments, studying me. I stood silently waiting for him to make the next move. He would either dismiss me and I would have to approach things in a different way or his curiosity would get the better of him.

In the end, curiosity won out.

"Who are you?"

"Tsyr Ker," I said solemnly.

He sat back in his chair just a bit. "Indeed you are skilled. Perhaps one of the very few humans even we demons fear."

I thought to push him. To see if he himself feared my name or if he'd answer honestly. Regardless how a demon felt they never showed it. Pride and overconfidence was how they expressed themselves.

"So do you have a place for me or what?" I asked beginning to lose my patience a bit—something I very rarely did.

"Not yet," he said a moment later. "First I have a task for you to prove you are who you are and to prove yourself to the boss."

"Very well," I said. "I can handle whatever task you have for me."

"We will see," he said with a smile.

——

The job was along the lines I expected and at the same time a little unexpected. I was supposed to kill a cop, which didn't affect me one way or another. My target was a Detective Rick Bleakman.

Bleakman was up until recently in Sanguine Consortium's pocket. Why he suddenly decided to go from bad cop to good cop was anyone's guess. The problem was, he knew too much and posed a threat.

Now that was the expected part. The unexpected part was I had to kill him while he was still in the precinct. Not hard for me to do, but it was a challenge. I had to prove I was really the Tsyr Ker.

So be it then.

There were a couple of ways into the precinct, but I decided on the easiest: the front door. They wanted proof and I was going to give it to them in the boldest sense of the word. Besides I aimed to make a major name for myself.

I picked up a couple accessories, a black overcoat and a pair of sunglasses. I carried my two guns and sword in with me. All disguised of course.

I walked up casually to the information desk. A fat police officer sat behind it. The station was busy. Full of people wanting to see other people and people not having a choice but to be there.

"Can I help you?" The fat man asked when he finally looked up at me.

"I'm here to see Detective Bleakman," I said smiling.

"You'll have to wait over there," he pointed, "while I call for him."

"Oh he's expecting me," I lied. "He just didn't tell me what floor he'd be on."

"Um, very well," he said looking down to the computer at his desk. "He's on the third floor, High Crimes Division."

By the time he looked back up I was already gone. I took the elevator. Normally the stairs would be my choice, but since I was taking the bold approach...

The doors to the elevator opened to a room similar to the bottom floor. New York City was a haven for crime and the police precincts were never short of criminals. I stepped out glancing around the room. I had a sense of vision but what I saw was more like light outlining people and objects. I stopped a cop as he passed by me and asked where I could find my target. He pointed to a desk at the far end of the room. There he sat with another man, whom I assumed was his partner.

I walked over briskly until I stood over both men. My target looked up and said, "May I help you?"

"Yes you may," I said. "You have decided to betray the Sanguine Consortium and I am here to deal your punishment."

He looked at me at first with confusion, then as the realization that I was really here to kill him set in he reached for his gun. He pulled it out quickly but I had my sword out far faster. I whipped the sword around cutting his hand off, then spinning back around across his neck.

His partner yelled out something as his head rolled across the floor. I recognized the voice as Detective Veris' and for whatever reason overtook me I stepped in and slammed the hilt of the sword across his temple effectively knocking him out.

The room was in sudden turmoil. Cops began pulling out guns. I sheathed my sword and drew my own guns out. I didn't wish to take on the entire police force so I took a path toward a far window on the opposite side of the room.

Bullets streamed at me. I was always just a step ahead though. Those foolish enough to step in my path were taken down quickly and efficiently. I shot to kill with every bullet I fired a head shot.

I reached the window and fired at the glass then leapt. Tucked as tightly as I could get I smashed through. I landed on the ground immediately ducking into a roll. Gunshots came from above as the officers attempted to stop me. By then I was already on my feet heading for the nearest alley. They weren't going to catch me nor would they have a chance in the world of doing so.

——

Over the next few hours I spent the time backtracking and staying hidden from sight to ensure no one followed, including the police.

When I returned the restaurant had been cleared of customers leaving only the Sanguine Consortium's people. Tony DeMarco was there to receive in place of the young hostess I had dealings with before.

"Congratulations Tsyr Ker," he said with a confident and knowing smile. "Your task is complete and a fine job you did."

"I told you there wasn't a job I couldn't handle."

"Obviously," he said brushing off my comment. "Now follow me, the boss would like to meet his newest employee."

I followed the man into the restaurant. The place was packed with enforcers and at the back of the place sat the boss himself.

"My lord, this is Tsyr Ker, the one I spoke to you about." He turned to me and said, "This is Tiberious Statlin."

"Yes I know who you are," I said looking straight at the man or rather demon. "Cephalon."

"You know who I am. A very surprising revelation."

"As it should be," I said.

"There is something strange about you," he said.

The comment carried a weight throughout the place as each of his enforcers pulled out guns. None were pointed at me, yet, but that was going to change quickly.

"You may remember a man by the name Steve Fallon that decided it was better for him and his family to go up against you. You decided to deal punishment on him and his family sparing the young girl that you thought could do nothing to you after you thought you'd have your way with her."

Cephalon was taken aback by the revelation and it took a moment for it all to set in. "You?"

"I'm here for retribution and vengeance. I'm here for your fucking head."

I had my sword drawn before anyone realized it was in my hand. Cephalon was about to give an order when the front door of the restaurant and windows blasted apart. Head turned in that direction as Detective Veris and a group of officers stepped in. Veris began yelling orders for everyone to freeze and that's when the firefight began.

Cephalon was already making an exit. I started to go after him when Delfonis stepped in my path. He was the largest Greater Demon I had ever seen.

Going somewhere girl?

"Yeah," I said. "Right through you!"

I stepped in right past his clawed swipe and drove my sword straight up through his jaw and into his head. I pulled the sword free and stepped past as his body fell to the floor. I gave no regard to the firefight taking place. It wasn't my concern; the Ifrit Cephalon was.

I followed the demon up to the roof. Upon bursting through the door I was surprised to see him standing in wait and still unchanged from his human form.

I began to bring my sword when a pair of hands wrapped around me. I was so engrossed with taking Cephalon down I didn't notice someone following me.

I wasn't without my skill though. I spun my sword around and thrust it through the man. With a grunt, his hold slackened and I broke free and charged the demon.

He was now in his true form waiting for me. I threw myself at him like I had when I was just a child. With his massive hand he grabbed me by the throat. A laugh erupted from him.

Foolish child. I should have killed you along with your parents that night. You have undone what I have worked hard to create and for that death will be your punishment.

"I have stared down death and I am not afraid to face it," I muttered.

He swung me over the ledge.

So be it.

I swung my sword up and drove it straight into his heart. His grip instantly went slack and I felt myself falling. Then as quickly I began to fall, a hand was there grabbing mine and pulling me up.

I fell onto the rooftop next to the man that had just saved me. The man that I had stabbed. The man that at one time held me as close as ever and promised me everything was going to be alright.

"I never expected to see you again," he said weakly. "I worked hard every day to bring down your parent's killer."

"And now you have," I said lifting him into my arms.

"I am sorry it took so long to do so."

I had no response. My emotions were gone, left behind in a distant past. He closed his eyes and died right there. I set him down gently and stood. I could hear footsteps on the stairs and voices calling for Veris.

Without looking back, I leapt over the side of the building. My mission was over. My past now closed and behind me. It was time to concentrate on the future and fulfill an agreement I made.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Orders & Servitude Part 3 of the assassin Tsyr Ker's tale.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Accession: CATU Book 5 Ch. 00 Confusion.in Novels and Novellas
Rising Tide: CATU Book 3 Ch. 00 What happens to a nosy agent?in Novels and Novellas
From the Ashes: CATU Book 6 Ch. 00 The Amazon.in Novels and Novellas
Russian Winter: CATU Book 2 Ch. 01 Terror strikes US soil.in Novels and Novellas
More Stories