All Comments on 'Return Flight'

by J G Parkes

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 17 years ago
Sad story; a very good romance

One cannot help but wonder (and I'm sure that June also wonders) what would have happened if June had waited. Very well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
wow!

A very beautiful story.thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great

Wonderful story! Unlike a previous commentor, I wonder why Michael wanted to wait to get married.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Very Romantic

I really liked the story - very romantic and sweet and sad.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
So Sad

That was so sad it reminds me of my dad when he was a pilot during the war in 43 it leaves tears in my eyes when i read it.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayeralmost 16 years ago
Incredible

Thank you for writing this beautiful story. It just goes to show that a woman's heart truely IS a vast ocean of secrets.

I loved it!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Lovely story

A nice romance with believable characters. Its refreshing on this site to find a story where the character's actions are not either black or white, but reflect the complexities of real life, and the mixed emotions we can often feel.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
I don't know what to think

I see this as a horrid betrayal more than a romance. How could any self respecting decent person do that??? I do NOT like females like her...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
shes still an unfaithful slut

CUNT

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Simply beautiful.

You envoke such images that makes the reader feel like they are there. Back in time and experiencing all the emotions with the characters.

I tip my hat to you once again JG. ( well I don't actually have a hat but you know what I mean)

K. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Those who criticise her, remember the times.

War. He's a prisoner, might not come back. She could be killed in an air raid any day in London. The American airman had an even greater chance of being killed. With the uncertainty, what should she do? Wait for him to return, which might never happen as either could be killed, or enjoy herself while she can? I think you need to have been in that situation before you judge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Witch

What a cow ... as a Veteran myself and having a very similar thing happen to me

I can feel how Michael felt all his life ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice realistic story.

Life is full of shades of grey. She found her life in London doing war work exciting and this was changing her. She realised her love for Michael was fading and was torn between her new desires and her sense of loyalty to Michael, although they were not formally engaged. Would she and Michael have been happy if she had waited for him? No way of knowing but I suspect not, she was no longer the village girl she had been.

This type of dilemma is common in war time, and it is very hard to say what is the right thing to do. She always remembered him and felt guilt., she wasn't cold hearted. If she had waited, married Michael and then been unhappy she would have regretted her choice and created misery for both of them. Such situations are never simply black and white.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous