All Comments on 'Reunion Ch. 04'

by CharlieB4

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice finish.

All wrapped up with a neat little bow. Too neat? Okay, it's Christmas.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Choosing Machevelian Corporate Power Plays over Character-Driven Story

That's the author's prerogative, no doubt but it got too black and white, good versus evil at the end. The main couple were just pawns in the game and ultimately not very interesting. Based on genetics, I doubt any school could make Tony and Sal's rugrats true players in ' the game ' of life. Good hearted folk though and I'd love to go to any barbecue they throw. I'll bring some marinated shrimp and scallops (brain food ).

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
Good ending...

This is a good ending, saving the story...As for you a Merry Christmas to you and all yours.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Meh

in the end, the solution to everyone's problems was something that happened "off screen" so to speak. The father got busted in a scenario that could have been precipitated by the mother without the aid of the recording. That whole part of the storyline (the recording of Melissa) was for naught. Well written. Although the underlying premise is similar to The Big C. A married couple willingly allows one partner to stray outside the bounds of marriage in an effort to deal with an unfortunate circumstance. Complications ensue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Aliens!

"I realized that you may not be able to secrete recording equipment"

Only some kind of weird alien could secrete recording equipment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Enjoyed

this story immensely.It was well written and interesting.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
The Best Revenge

They say that "living well is the best revenge."

Based on this story, that seems to be true.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
not to good

i wonder what the score for this would be if the roles were reversed. if a male friend of the husband said he would help them out if he could fuck his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Character fault spoils the plot.

Wife initiated the fucking not for her friend's child, but for money, for tuition. The child was just the excuse to allow the fucking. So once the fucking was established why would wifey object to more fucking, as long as she got the money? And maybe even more money if she could enhance the arrangement. Your story ended as limp as the old man's dick. If you think his pride or his image was more important to him than the money, then you don't understand the character of most rich people. Every aspect of character and virtue are weighed against cash. Guess which wins. I'm sure he would be suffering unbearable embarrassment, all the way to the bank. Appreciate the effort, but you have done better before, and will again. They can't all be home runs, except in fiction.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
What About Ashley?

Running around shooting his sperm into a shithead like Melissa for a few bucks may be great for Tony, but what about the child? Melissa was a mercenary slut, otherwise known as a whore. David was a spoiled loser. These were the people to raise Tony's daughter? Helen had done a terrible job with Dave, so she wouldn't be much help. As far as the few comments made about Melissa being a "wonderful" mother - not likely considering the way she behaved in every other relationship in her life. She was a sick fuck. This is a serious flaw in the plot.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

Wow! Money can sure fuck up a lot of lives. Perhaps that's why I'm happy. I don't have any. Good writing, mate. Good story as well. Oh, the word is their, not there, OK? You used it incorrectly, twice. Cheers!

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
Nice effort Charlie

I thought the story was solid throughout, appreciate your efforts. 4 stars gladly rated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The premise makes Sal look like a grasping twat.....

.....with her insecurities and poor self image, it doesn't seem plausible that she would risk her husband for anything. School for the babies is not a broad enough wedge for this to work. Oh, and Melissa is on all counts and at all times a real piece of work. Forced by circumstances to change, she has not changed her stripes.

That said, I really enjoyed the story and the characters, even if, on occasion, one or another would behave in an unnatural way.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 9 years ago
ok story. better ending

At several points in the story the plot stretched perilously thin , but held. The final chapter had Giles of all people saving the day. The recording managed to shock Sal back to reality.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks,

for the bouquets and the brickbats.

@ drbreamer3333, very perceptive comment. This story, the Big C and My Dilemma where originally part of a trilogy. My dilemma had a working title- What would you do?, The Big C- What would you do for a friend? and Reunion- What would you do for your children?

@Mike9698, part of the reason for writing this story was to flip the common theme of the wife "paying with her body" on its head.

@connoisseur29, sorry for the mistakes, the sheer volume of them probably overwhelmed my editor. However maybe next time maybe you could add up the times We got it right as well. I think we might be in front.

To the rest thanks for taking the time to comment, feedback is always welcome.

See you in 2015.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What am I missing?

The dtr gets awards as a twelve year old 11 yrs after the finale? That would have made her 1 when she started the school? Same age as Melissa's dtr? Yet at 1 she walked in to ask her father if he was okay after a kick in the jollies?

And they got what from Helen for toppling the billion dollar empire, French puke in a bottle and free education for the kids? Melissa, worthy of poverty or worse, is sad because her husband, whom she hates, has grown a pair. Did not tie up well for me, but enjoyed reading. Thanks for writing.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Good Read

I will admit to be worried about the future of Ashley and it is not obvious to me how her father let her be thrown in the mill of life. The question of helping the kids to a better education is interesting, but at their level at the time I would question whether the difference in style would make that much of a difference. I say style instead of quality because in my experience (some sixty years since I enter University) the difference is of the individuals who are identified by good teachers as being worth investing in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Interesting, but I'm glad it is over. This was like deflating a balloon. There was no pop, explosions at the end. Gave you 3*s.

The fact that the wife,Sal continued to believe the friend, Melissa instead of her husband, Tony is the most exasperating aspect to this story!! She wasn't even a friend, really.

The scariest thing is that many wives do that in real life. So sad !

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sorry but that was a morrons plot

just stupid, and if my cunt of a wife kneed me in the balls for trying to save my soul/self respect after she sold our marriage for some cash, she would be picking up her fucking teeth, but thats just me,self defense she had a knife..i would lie...once abuse starts by a woman in a marriage, she will do it again and again, better she knows tooth for tooth, it is not my fault she is smaller......i personal think women get away with to much in this story and suffer no pain or regret.....a woman who does not respect her husbands feeling's is asking for a beating on live tv, abuse comes in all shapes....her mental and physical vs his male physical response would have been fair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
2 star

2 star better than 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I gave it a 5

Because it was good entertainment, not to piss off anonymous. I gave it a five because this story entertained and that's the only reason I read anything on this site. Bonnietaylor, you're still a "troll" no matter how you disguise yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hmmm

sorry, but I just don't get it. Perhaps it was the incessant dialogue? Maybe it was the need to read back to try and figure out who was saying what to whom? I'm sure there was a really good story in there...but idiot that I am, I missed it!

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
A very good series/story.

The least likely part was John giving up so much money because people knew about his "limp" problem.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Well

I'm guessing the author is related to this Pharr woman.

Had it's twists and turns. Read it all in one go.

It ended a bit abruptly. Pretty much disliked everyone in the story, but that doesn't stop me from liking the story.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Thinking about it.

You painted Melissa as a pretty horrible person. She acted very badly at times. However I could not help but feel sorry for her. Her husband is an alcoholic whom she never loved and doesn't respect. She never wanted to be married to him. Her other lover is a powerful man who uses her like a cum rag and every time she is with him, she has to desperately pretend to be interested in him so she isn't tossed away as well. She has a pot of money, but she knows she is a whore....and every single person she socializes with never lets her forget it! Her only friend is Sally.

She has no power, no self respect, and has that to look forward to for the rest of her life.

So she wanted to be 'the big lady' with Sal. She wanted to fuck someone she could actually desire. Lonely and in pain...and yet, she didn't respond healthily at all. She burned her bridges there too.

I see how she got there. But she found the game was not worth the candle.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 9 years ago
This gets a five for originality alone

Very entertaining story. It isn't easy to come up with an original plot so kudos to CB4 for doing just that. Writing was pretty good and the story flowed nicely. The sex scenes had sufficient eroticism and the ending, always difficult, tied up the loose ends. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Why did Helen need the tape?

John's golfing buddies and their wives seem to have done all the dirty work. And I was never quite sure why Tony didn't use his parentage of Ashley against Melissa. Well written, but in the end, unsatisfying story. I never really liked Sal. She was a thoroughly detestable person. Poor Tony never seemed to get up to speed with anyone and just seemed like he was along for the ride.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Is this supposed to be

good?

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

Why would he lie about Melissa sending him nude pictures?

“I know how to push little miss piggy"s buttons, I've been doing it ever since I've known her. She has been my little science project. I can make her laugh and I can make her cry and I could certainly make sure she never trusted you ever again." – He doesn’t even need Giles! He has what he needs to get Sally away from Melissa now!

Why did she knee him? He didn’t call her frumpy, just that she acted frumpy after seeing Melissa.

How frequently are the fees debited? I wouldn’t think it would be more than once or twice a term, even if Melissa put a stop on future debits the school wouldn’t have noticed till the next debit.

I'm a little surprised that they never saw Helen again, there seemed to be SOMETHING of a connection there, that would have called for an occasional visit.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Responses

@Drbeamer3333 – I don’t think the recording was for naught – it showed Sal the truth about Melissa.

@Anonymous Re: “What Am I Missing” – she was a twelve year student, similar to twelfth grade, NOT twelve years old!

I agree with the comment that for someone with such self-esteem issues to not only allow but to INSIST on her husband sleeping with a more attractive woman defies comprehension!

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
***

Was good till you tacked on a very "meh" ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
maybe it is just me

I am not sure why others have problems with your story. To me, this work ranks in the top 20 I have read on this site. That might not seem to high, but given I have well over 2000 of them, that should change that perspective.

AgroundagainAgroundagainover 7 years ago
That was a good one

Great story - loved the emotional roller coaster and true to life dialogue. 5*

DaddyslittlesweetnessDaddyslittlesweetnessover 6 years ago

Great ending!!! Sal punching Melissa was absolutely beautiful!!! i am so glad she finally pulled her head out of her butt, but then again, with evidence like that not much else she could do. Glad Melissa got a taste of her own medicine though, kind of sucks wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, but sometimes those things are needed to knock life into perspective. Very well written Charlie. Looking forward more of Your stories.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 5 years ago
You wrote

A unbelievable story about a bunch of low IQ degenerates.

Not one of the characters were even slightly relatable.

1*

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Decent

A decent story about some very unlikable pekople. Very well written, but kind of weak ending for.me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great

Excellent story. Really enjoyed it. But what a bizarre plan on which the story is based! 5*s throughout. By the way, why is "bought" used repeatedly for"BROUGHT" ?

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

Another excellent story from a 'gun' author.

One question, but. How do they manage Sydney to Tamworth in four hours?

You Cockroach cowboys must really fly.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Simply a stellar story from beginning to end. The Beaufort family dynamics seemed a little contrived but what would I know, I'm only a commoner! 5*

SouthdownSouthdownabout 3 years ago
Riveting Story

I have heard avid readers describe stories as impossible to put down, once started. This was my very first experience of finding out for myself what they meant. What a really great story! Thank You 5*****

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xalmost 3 years ago
Unfortunately, Melissa is still the "immediate supervisor"

so Helen's plan is still heading uphill against nurture. Depends on what lesson Melissa took from this mess.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

A very good story but a little over my head, Except for Tony, our man's man, and a true husband who knows the two most important words in a marriage, "YES DEAR"!

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

A well put together tale of the Brown' and the Beaufort's. The epilogue tied it all up in a nice little bow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

[Sal and I] (Sal and me)

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

Nice story. It was well wrapped up.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An improbable but rather entertaining little tale.

LA

Ocker53Ocker53about 2 years ago

Excellent ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

LegacybadLegacybad10 months ago

Good story with a nice ending. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Sad that Tony can’t have contact with his third daughter. Helen should have told John to honor the prenup or suck it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCharlieB4@CharlieB4
1250 Followers
Just an amateur scribbler who allows others to experience his daydreams. G’day If you are going through my catalogue you will find a wide range of themes so some you might like, others you will hate. Update. After a flurry of recent activity life has intervened so writing t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Reunion Ch. 03 Previous Part
Reunion Series Info