Reunited

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sitting there, I stared at the ground, shaking my head.

"Cat bite your tongue, he's not here for me, he's here to gain something, then disappear. Can't you see that Melissa?" Jennifer hissed.

I was about to defend myself when we heard footsteps rushing up the stairs. It was Lillian.

"Mr Sparks and his goons are in the café causing trouble again!" She cried out.

"Great. The highlight of the day," Jennifer responded, gritting her teeth.

Entering the café, Melissa, Jennifer and Lilian, walked across the restaurant towards the kitchen. Walking into the cafe last, I noticed to my right Cockney was standing by the entrance. Halfway across the restaurant, a lady with two children was sitting at one of the tables. Cockney's partner leaned over the table to say something to the woman. Suddenly swiping his hand, he knocked the children's beverages off the table. Calling out, "ops." The lady just sat there frozen, with the look of fear on her face. The children bringing the knees up to their chest, ready to start crying.

Cockney started chuckling behind me, as I made my way towards his partner. Standing face to face with him, observing the neck tattoo he had. It was little serpents around his throat. Hearing footsteps behind me, it was Cockney coming towards me. With these two big goons, one on either side, I didn't want to be caught between them.

Snakes started moving, making his hand into a fist. He swung at me. Leaning down, I grabbed a chair from the empty table next to us. Bringing the top rail of the back, into his groin. Dropping him onto the floor, he curled up into a ball. Cockney started coming at me like a bull charging towards a bullfighter. Quickly rising, I pushed him back with my shoulder, he went flying back. Still standing, he pulled out a knife, coming towards me with his arm stretched out. I grabbed his wrist, twisting him round, I smash his hand on the table, knocking the knife to the floor, dislocating his shoulder at the same time.

With Snakes on my left curled up and Cockney on my right holding his shoulder, seeing the knife on the floor, I put my foot over it. Just in case one of them went for it.

"A couple of ice packs, please!" I shouted.

It didn't take long. Melissa rushed towards me with two ice packs. Giving each one an ice pack to put on their injuries, I started helping them up. The entrance door swung open, standing there was Designer Suit.

"What the hell have you done to my men?" He yelled.

Grabbing the knife by the handle, I flipped it in the air, catching it by the blade. Throwing it towards Designer Suit, burying the blade into the door frame, millimetres away from his head. Dragging his goons towards him, dropping them by his feet.

"Get in the car." Designer suit ordered them.

Trying to help each other, they staggered towards the Bentley.

Looking into his eyes, I asked him, "How much did they borrow and how much do they owe you?"

Staring back at me, he answered my question, "They borrowed £20,000, and they need to pay back £30,000."

Without flinching an eye, I gave him a solution. "Monday at midday, there will be an envelope for you to collect at Richards Clark's office. It will contain £20,000 in cash. It all stop's there."

"It's not over you know."

Turning, I looked at the knife. Pulling it out of the woodwork, putting it into his jacket's breast pocket. "By the way, if you're wondering if I missed, I didn't, that was just a warning," With that said I started making my way out of the cafe.

I walked for almost an hour, not knowing where to go. Once I was calm enough, hailing a taxi, I made my way back to the hotel. Informing the front desk, if anyone comes looking for me, I am incognito. No phone calls or visitors.

The rest of the day seemed never-ending. By eleven that evening it crossed my mind to go back to Birmingham. Returning on Monday morning to see Richard Clark. I even thought of transferring the money to his account. So, I wouldn't have to come back again.

It was after eleven. I decided to take a drive, just to clear my mind. Taking my car keys, I made my way to the car park. Walking towards my vehicle, it was dead silence. Hearing footsteps behind me, I quickly turned my car key into a push dagger, holding it between my index and middle finger. The key protruding from the front of my fist. I quickly turned to encounter a pursuer.

"It's only me," The voice called out. It was a female voice.

"Is that, you Lillian?"

If she hadn't spoken, I wouldn't have recognised her. Dressed in a dark dress, not too long or short, just above the knees. Wearing a white jacket on top and matching stilettos. With her hair hanging over her shoulders and light makeup, she was a beautiful young lady.

Just standing there, looking at her for some time, not knowing what to say.

"Sorry, if I startled you. I asked at the front desk if someone could call you. But I was told you didn't want to be disturbed. Then I decided to wait, hoping you might come down.

"How long have you been waiting?"

"Not long, only since eight."

"Jesus Christ, you've been waiting for three hours for me to come out of my room. Are you a Paparazzi in your spare time? As I started to laugh, then she began laughing as well.

"Let's go back inside. We can have a drink at the bar?" I suggested.

Being a Saturday night, the bar was busy. Finding a table away from all the other guests, we sat down. The waiter at once coming over to take our order. Lillian, not wanting any alcohol, ordered a Hot Chocolate. I asked for a Peppermint Tea for myself.

With the light being brighter inside, I couldn't stop staring at Lillian. She was one of the most beautiful ladies I had ever seen. Noticing this, she asked.

"Is everything ok?"

"Sorry for staring. I didn't recognise you without the chef's jacket and trousers." I didn't know what to say, not wanting to embarrass myself or her.

"Oh, you prefer when I'm dressed up as a cook?"

"No, no, you got me wrong."

We both started laughing. Confusing the waiter who brought us our beverages. Poor guy was probably wondering if we were laughing at him.

"Look, Lillian, I want to apologise for the scene you and the others witnessed at the cafe. Believe me. I am not the type of person who goes around hurting people."

"Oh, you don't have to be sorry, those two had it coming. It's about time someone stood up to those idiots."

Looking at her with my eyes squinted, I queried, "How comes you came to see me? Did Melissa or Jennifer send you?"

Shaking her head, trying to convince me. "No, I came on my own, no one sent me. Since you mentioned it, after you left, Melissa and Jennifer had a big argument. With Melissa walking out of the cafe, leaving Jennifer standing there. For the rest of the day she was quiet, not saying a word to anyone. That is why I decided to come and see you. Randolph told me where you were staying, and since I didn't have anything to do this evening I came here to see you."

"To see if it's true? If I am her brother?"

She didn't say anything. She just sat there staring into space. I was making her feel uncomfortable, so I changed the subject.

"So how long have you been working for Jennifer?"

"I have to go back when I was sixteen. Jennifer's father gave me a part-time job in the kitchen. When he saw how much passion I had, he helped me get into college to do a catering course. I learnt a lot there, but not as much as I acquired by Mr Jenkins."

"Also, he helped me, when I left home. I was twenty when he let me stay at the flat above the shop. He could have rented the apartment for three times the money I was paying. The same with Randolph, he was in a worse situation than me, he was homeless. Mr Jenkins, gave him a job, somewhere to stay, even paid for his tuition to go to university. He put himself in a lot of debt to help us. That is why I am here to thank you for what you did today."

I sat and listened, trying to get a better perspective of my father and sister. She asked me about myself. I gave her a short version of my life, about my mother, and the time I was in the army.

Taking a look at my watch, it was two in the morning.

"My god it's late, I've kept you here all night."

Checking her watch as well, she responded. "It is late I better get going." Getting up, she put on her jacket. Stretching her hand out to shake my hand.

"Could I see you again? Maybe tomorrow? I asked her.

"I don't think that's a good idea. You live in Birmingham and me in London. It will never work."

"You're right. Can I at least walk you to your car?"

"Sure."

Walking to her car, we were silent. How five simple words "Could I see you again" can make the atmosphere between two people change. Getting in her car, she started the engine. Watching her drive away, suddenly her brake lights came on. Reversing back, till the car was next to me. She rolled down her window.

Smiling at me, she said, "Tomorrow at midday for lunch, don't be late."

"It's a date."

Chapter 5

It was almost midday when I got to Lillian's flat. Most of the shops on the street did not open as it was Sunday, including Jennifer's café.

With a bunch of flowers in my hand, I pressed the doorbell and waited. Hearing the sound of footsteps on the stairs, I stood back. When the door opened, Lillian had her smartphone pressed against her ear speaking to someone. "Ok, I'll be there!" Lillian yelled, to whoever was on the other side of the line.

"Hey, is everything ok?" I asked.

"Yes. Let's go, there's a park nearby, we can go for a walk there."

"These are for you. I didn't know what type of flowers you like?"

"Thank You."

The tone of her voice did not seem right. "Are you sure that everything is ok? We can arrange another day to go somewhere if you're not up to it."

"No everything is ok. Let's go with my car since I know the way?" She rushed to her car, getting inside and starting the engine before I got the chance to get in the vehicle. The drive there was short, it only took five minutes. But in that time, Lillian was giving me the cold shoulder. I was trying to figure out if I did or said something to her that upset her. Stopping the car, we both got out, with Lillian looking around her and scanning the area like she was looking for someone.

"Hey, Lillian, if you don't want to be here, just take me back to my car?" I angrily said.

"No, don't be silly!" she replied, while her head was going around like a radar. Suddenly she stopped. She just gazed across the park. Looking the same direction as her, I saw the reason she brought me here.

Turning towards her with my voice raised I yelled, "You're good, really good. You came to the hotel last night, under your bosses' orders to learn about me. Today she ordered you to bring me here, and like a fool, I took the bait."

Shaking my head, I started walking away. I could hear behind me, a car door slam, then the sound of screeching wheels. "It looks like I'll need to find a lift back to the hotel," I thought.

Jennifer was sitting on a park bench, staring in front of her. Walking behind her, I just stood there for a few moments.

"I'm here Jennifer!"

Startling her, she jumped up, turning around. "Jesus Christ!" she shrieked. "Where's Lillian?" Searching for her by looking around.

"She had to go."

"Odd girl, I will never understand her. After our talk this morning, she just disappears."

"Why am I here Jennifer?" I asked her, feeling the muscles on my body tense up.

"I wanted to thank you for what you did yesterday. Also, I wanted to make something clear with you. You asked Lawrence Sparks, how much I owe him so that you can clear my debt. Look I do not know what your game is, but if you're looking for easy money, you can forget it."

Walking around to the front of the bench, I sat down. Gesturing Jennifer with my hand to sit as well. Once she sat, I started speaking. "When I was twenty, the whole world collapsed around me when my mother died. Yesterday when I saw you, it was like I saw her again. Your voice, walk, temper, and I bet your smile and laugh is hers as well."

Turning to look at her, she was facing away from me, with her index finger she was wiping her eyes. How much I wanted to grasp her and embrace her, to let her cry on my shoulder, but I was afraid of how she would react.

Giving her a few of minutes to herself, before continuing. "The business our father left, is all yours. I'm not here to make some easy money and then disappear. The money I will give that mobster tomorrow, consider it a gift from me. There is nothing like starting off with a clean slate in life. After tomorrow I will go and crawl under the stone I came from, as you wished." Saying what I wanted to say. I got up and commenced walking away, feeling a heaviness in my chest, like the time my mother passed away.

Monday morning, I was up very early. I wanted to get all this done so that I could get back home. I was outside the bank before it opened. Just my luck I had to wait for one hour. The cashier had to go through some security checks with the manager before letting me withdraw such a large amount of money.

Getting to Robert Clark's office with ten minutes to spare. Melissa was sitting behind her desk, like the first time I saw her. This time on seeing me, she got up enfolding me in her arms, kissing me on the cheek.

"Hello, Jason. It's good to see you."

"Hello, Melissa."

"I came around to see you on Saturday afternoon, but the staff at the hotel told me you didn't want to be disturbed. After all the drama we had this weekend, I don't blame you, not wanting to see anyone."

"Melissa, I want to apologise for what happened on Saturday. Once we finish here, I'll be going back to Birmingham for good."

She leaned forward, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Listen to me. What Jennifer said to you, she didn't mean it. She has a lot of anger inside her, losing her father, finding out about her mother and you. Yesterday she went out, when she came back she locked herself in her bedroom. All night I could hear her crying. She nee ds you, Jason. She might not show it, but she needs you. What happened in the shop, well those punks had it coming."

Suddenly the door flung open. It was Designer Suit, with four bodyguards this time. By the bulge in their jackets, these guys were packing some hardware.

"Who had it coming, Melissa?" Lawrence Sparks said. Standing there, we just stared into each other's eyes, a dominance thing, males have been doing for centuries. Our eye contact, was broken by Robert's voice.

"Gentlemen, if you could join me in my office?"

We sat opposite each other, at the conference table, both of us with our elbows leaning on the oak table top. Like two arm wrestlers preparing to challenge each other. Two of his men guarding the entrance to the office, while the other two stood behind him. I went to retrieve the envelope from inside my jacket. On seeing this, Sparks bodyguards went to pull out their guns.

"Are we going to repeat, what happened on Saturday?" I asked.

With a nod of his head, he signalled his men that everything was ok.

"Can I remove what I have in my pocket now?"

"Go ahead."

Taking a thick brown envelope out of my inside pocket, I put it on the table. Sparks gestured one of the guards to collect it for him. Putting the envelope, in his boss hand. Sparks, with his eyes fixed on me, He slowly opened the envelope removing the money. Putting it under his nose and inhaling deeply.

With a loud laugh, he shouts, "I love the smell of money. Hahahaha."

"That makes us even now?" I responded.

"Oh, no you've just bought yourself some time. You have a month to come up with the rest of my money."

"As I said earlier, the debt is clear now." Grabbing a tight grip on the table, I felt the blood going to my head. Feeling my face go red.

"Don't push my patience, boy! All I need to do is say the word, and I'll have you crushed like a bug!" Lifting up his hand, he brought it crashing down onto the table. "This isn't the army, your brothers in arms are not here by your side. Hahahaha."

Suddenly the door swung open, one of the guards moving out of its path, not to get hit. "His brothers from the army might not be here, but his family is by his side!" It was Jennifer, standing at the entrance of the office, with Melissa standing by her side.

"You have one month!" Gesturing his men with his hand, he ordered them, "Let's go." Sparks quickly got up, walking towards the exit. His goons following close behind.

Sitting behind his desk, leaning back in his leather swivel chair, Mr Clark took a deep sigh of relief. "Thank God that's over."

"I don't think it's over. That gangster will be back within a month. What do you think Jason?" Melissa asked.

I was still trying to get it around my head what Jennifer said. "His family is by his side." Did she mean what she said?

Looking at Jennifer, then Melissa I replied to her question. "It's best I stay for a couple of weeks, just in case." Getting up, I started to walk to the exit. "I'll better make my way back to the hotel. I have to extend my stay."

Stepping in front of me, Jennifer blocked my path. "Let's go to the cafe, and have some lunch? We can call the hotel from there."

I didn't trust her. The two times that I encountered her, she chewed up my ass. How could I trust her now? "Maybe next time, when this is all over."

"Please, you can tell me about our mother?"

We went to the cafe, Jennifer flipped the open/closed sign to closed. There was still a few customers finishing off their meals. Once they had left, Jennifer ordered Randolph to set up a couple of tables for lunch. In the meantime, she punched in some orders on her touch screen till. Lillian took the order from the printer in the kitchen. Opening the fridge, she took the items to prepare the order.

Scanning the tables around me, they were all empty. "Do you have an order for a takeaway, Jennifer? I ask.

"No, I like to put things through for tax reasons. Why pay the tax man money, when you can run some things as expenses?"

I was impressed with my little sister. She knew how to manage her staff, and also knew what she was doing with her finances. Mum would have been so proud of her.

When the food was ready, we all sat down to eat. Jennifer, Melissa, Randolph and I. Jennifer asked Lillian to join us, but she declined. When we finished, Randolph and Melissa started to clean up. Disappearing leaving Jennifer and me to have some privacy.

For three hours, we asked each other questions about our parents. What they were like as people, their hobbies. I was angry at my father for doing what he did. But I tried not to show it in front of Jennifer. The way she spoke about dad, she loved him very much and missed him. Similar to how I felt about our mother.

It was almost five in the afternoon when Lillian finished in the kitchen. She came over to the table. Looked at me and gave me a small smile, before turning to Jennifer. "I've prepared everything for tomorrow if you don't need me I'll go now?"

"Ok, Lillian, I'll see you in the morning," Jennifer said.

We both watched her as she walked out of the shop, turning the corner to get into her flat.

Shaking her head, Jennifer said, "She must be still upset with me,"

"Why?"

"I did something silly, by telling her to bring you to the park yesterday. Without thinking how she felt about you."

" When she came to visit me on Saturday, I was under the impression that you sent her. And yesterday you twisted her arm to take me to the park?"

"I didn't twist her arm, but was a little forceful."

Finishing off our beverage, I helped Jennifer lock up the shop. I walked with her to the back of the shop to get her car. Then parted ways, arranging to meet in the morning at the cafe for breakfast.