Reunited

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Driving back to the hotel, I couldn't stop thinking about Lillian. The way that I had spoken to her in the park. I have to find a way to apologise to her.

Chapter 6

It was six in the morning when my smartphone started ringing. It was Jennifer's number. Thinking the worst, that maybe something's happened, I immediately grasped the smartphone pressing the answer button and putting the device to my ear, calling out.

"Hello."

"I thought you was going to come for breakfast this morning?" It was Jennifer. I could hear people chatting in the background.

"Jesus Christ it's only six. I've set my alarm for eight. I was going to come around at nine."

"Nine? We usually start preparing for lunch at that time."

"Give me half an hour I'll be there," I told her while jumping out of bed.

When I got there, the cafe was full. Lillian was in the kitchen, preparing the orders. Randolph with three plates in one hand and two in the other, was rushing to a table. My sister Jennifer was taking orders from customers, on her mini iPad, which went straight to Lillian for preparation. Waiting for her to finish, I quickly said to her before she went to the next table.

"What do you want me to do?"

Gesturing her head, towards the kitchen. "See Lillian she'll show you how to use the pot wash."

As soon as I walked into the kitchen, on seeing me, Lillian turned her back to me, turning to the pot wash in the corner of the room. There stood two piles of plates, each one like a skyscraper. Throwing on an apron which was hanging there, I grabbed the pre-rinse spray. I was washing plates until three in the afternoon. I had prune fingers, from having my hands in the water all day. My arms and shoulders were aching from scrubbing.

"Pretty hard work, when you're not used to it." Jennifer stood there, with a clean hand towel in her hand. "Go in the back and wash up, we're going to go for a little drive. Lillian and Randolph will lock up the cafe."

In the car, I couldn't stop looking over at her, while she drove. Thinking how much resemblance she had with our mother. Wondering if she thought the same about me If I was like our father.

Jennifer brought me back to earth by speaking. "What do you think of the business?"

"You have a good flow of customers," I replied

"Good flow, I think that's an understatement. We were packed from seven in the morning until two in the afternoon. It's like that six days a week. Why do you think that scum bag is pressuring me? Sparks was forcing dad to sell the business for years."

I was about to speak when I saw the sign on the entrance. "Southgate Cemetery." We were both silent driving through the gates. Going past rolls of tombstones, all perfectly aligned next to each other. A few people scattered around, some putting flowers. Others were cleaning the monuments. Everyone had someone here, who they had lost from one way or another.

Stopping the car, she climbed out. Walking to some graves which I presumed one of them was our fathers. I followed behind at a distance, giving her space. She stopped at a plot with a brown granite tombstone. Near the top of the stone, in the middle was a colour picture of our father in his fifties. Below the photo, his name then the year he was born, and the year he died. With these words written after.

'Here lies a beloved father. Parted by death until we are reunited. Together as a family again.'

"Hey dad, didn't I tell you he looks like you." Jennifer cried out. Dropping to her knees, she put her arm out, to touch the tombstone. Putting her head down, she started to cry. Walking over to her, I kneeled down next to her. Embracing her in my arm, as she put her head on my shoulder.

"When I saw you for the first time, I knew you were my brother. But I was scared, scared to lose someone again. It hurt so much when our father passed away Jason. You may not have any feelings for him, but he was everything to me," She sobbed more, keeping her head on my shoulder. Holding her, I stroked the back of her head.

"Hey, whatever happens, I will be here for you, by your side," I whispered in her ear.

For the rest of the week, I would get up at the crack of dawn every morning. Going to the cafe before six in the morning. To prepare the food for the early morning rush, as it was the busiest time of the day. Jennifer explained to me all the ins and outs of running the business. Randolph was showing me the waiters side of the job. Still, Lillian was giving me the cold shoulder, every time I went into the kitchen. She would find an excuse to leave the room. Pretending that she had to get something from the fridge.

It was Saturday afternoon. Everyone had gone home. It was just Jennifer and me in the office. She was showing me how to input the debit and credit figures for the accountant. Giving me a big smile from ear to ear when she highlighted the profits we made that week. With a NatWest money bag in her hand, she started putting money inside it. "The cash we will be dropping in the bank safe." Jennifer happily said. There was still a pile of notes sitting on the table.

"What about that money, what do we do with that?" I knew what her answer would be, on that question.

"Oh, that is tax-free money, you don't want the tax man taking everything." Taking half of it, she opened the safe and put it inside. "With this, we go shopping." Taking the rest of the money, she put it in her hand bag.

"Shopping for what?"

"Clothes, you can do with a couple of new outfits, Jason."

"What's wrong with my clothes?"

"Come on, if it's not plain khaki, then it will be camouflage. Half the time when customers see you, they start wondering why there's a soldier in the shop. I've had a couple of people ask me why I have a soldier working for me. An old lady said to me the other day it's a good thing what I'm doing, helping our heroes. Like it or not, we are going shopping."

We went to a shopping centre, in North London called Brent Cross. Jennifer dragged me from one shop to another. Trying different styles, to see which one suited me best. I felt like Ken, Barbie's companion. Changing two or three outfits every time. It was a sigh of relief when one of the sales assistants said, "we will be closing in five minutes." With a handful of bags, we started to make our way to the car park.

"I am famished after all that walking around. Let's go and get something to eat before I drop you off at the hotel."

It was a fancy Italian restaurant, very close to the hotel I was staying. Entering the premises, Jennifer was approached by a middle-aged man. Hugging her and kissing her on both cheeks, the way Mediterranean families and friends do.

"Tony this is my brother Jason."

For a moment, Tony was shocked with what he heard, but it didn't take him long to embrace me in a hug as well. He introduced me to his wife Sophia, his son Anthony and Maria his daughter.

With Saturday night being the busiest night of the week, we had to wait a while for a table to be available. Tony sat with us at the bar for a few minutes until there was an empty table.

"Jennifer, all these years, I didn't know you had a brother," Tony asked

"Our parents separated when we were very young. Jason was with my mother, while I grew up with dad. It was an agreement they had. Jason lives in Birmingham, and since our mother passed away, he's thinking of moving to London."

"That's very good Jason. You can help your sister with the cafe. Talk about the cafe. I heard that scum bag is still pressuring you to sell?" Before Jennifer had the chance to answer, the restaurant entrance door opened. "Talk of the devil," Tony said with fear in his voice. "Excuse me a moment." Tony excused himself.

It was Lawrence Sparks, with the four goons he had with him at the solicitors. Tony escorted them to a table with a sign saying reserved. A few minutes later, Anthony escorted us to our table. I deliberately pulled the chair out for Jennifer to sit so that I could sit on the other side. I didn't want to have my back to Sparks and his side kicks.

Jennifer picked the lasagne to eat, while I chose the Spaghetti Bolognese. Sophia recommended a piece of tiramisu for dessert after our meal. Once we finished, they joined us for an espresso.

"Tony, that was the best Italian meal I have ever had."

"Jason that is because I am married to the best chef in the world."

Through our meal, I was observing Sparks table. Every time a waiter or waitress took something to the table, they would get harassed. Watching him and his men complaining to Anthony about the food. They exchanged some words, but it was too far to hear.

Sophia was explaining to me what part of Italy she was from when I noticed Anthony walk across the restaurant towards the gent's toilet. Sparks, seeing this, he nodded to two of his men to follow him. Interrupting Sophia while she was talking, I suddenly got up. "Will you excuse me for a moment, I need to go to the bathroom." Sophia and Jennifer looked at each other, wondering what is going on.

Entering the toilet, standing to my right near the urinals was one of the bodyguards. On my left the other one holding Anthony from behind. One arm around his neck, in his other hand a cut-throat razor, very close to Anthony's cheek.

"Why don't you put that razor down so that we can talk." I calmly said not to startle the aggressor.

Opening out my arms as I moved away towards the urinals nearer the other bodyguard, making that one panic. He suddenly reached in the inside of his jacket, pulling out a gun. Before he could point it at me, I grabbed his wrist taking the gun from him. Pushing him at the same time head first into one of the urinals. With him knocked out, he was lying there in a pool of his blood. Water was squirting at him from the broken urinal. Turning to the other bodyguard, I pointed the gun straight at his head.

"Glock 30s, one of my favourites. With not much of a kick back, you can fire all nine shots without missing," I explained to him. With him looking straight into the barrel of the gun, he started shaking. "Why don't you put that razor down?" This guy was not much older than me. I could tell he was new to this game. "The razor, if you lower it, I'll drop the gun." He started lowering the blade, as I dropped my weapon.

Once he lowered the blade to his side, he also released Anthony, from his grip. Dropping the cut-throat razor on the floor, he then started walking towards me. He looked at me for a few seconds, then lifted his colleague of the ground. Helping him out of the bathroom, back to his boss.

Walking out of the bathroom, Anthony rushed to our table, where his mother and father were sitting. I strolled up to Sparks, standing next to him. Before he could get up, I put my hand on his shoulder, pushing him back down. His men reacted at once. With a gesture of his hand, they backed off.

"Wise choice Mr Sparks."

Holding the Glock from the barrel, I released the bullet magazine into my other hand. With the magazine on top of Sparks plate, I released each bullet into his food. When I was out of bullets, I dropped the gun into his glass of whisky.

"Enjoy your meal," I smirked at him.

"Do you know who I am? You are going to regret, what you just did!" Throwing his napkin on the table, he got up and marched out of the restaurant, mumbling to his bodyguards.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I walked up to Anthony. He was shaking from shock. His neck was red from the grip. Also, he had a red mark, where the blade cut him a little.

"Get me some ice, napkins and something with sugar, coke or lemonade," I ordered one of the waiters.

Tony took my hand. He started hand shaking me. "Thank you for not letting those men harm my boy." Sophia was embracing me in a hug, crying on my shoulder, thanking me as well. When the waiter brought the ice, Jennifer wrapped some in a napkin, putting it around Anthony's neck.

Taking the can of lemonade, I put it in Anthony's hand. "Drink this it will calm you down." Jennifer was forcing him to drink the beverage, while she attended to his wounds.

Tony and I walked to the gent's toilet, while he shut off the water mains to the urinal, he then started to inspect it. Avoiding to step in the puddles of blood and water on the floor. Shaking his head, while he was scratching his chin.

"Tony, any damages I have caused here, I will pay for them."

Putting his arm around my shoulder, he said, "Pay? pay for what? you saved my son's life. If you weren't here, God knows what they would have done to Anthony. Come, let's go to the bar we both need a drink."

Filling up two shot glasses with Sambuca, he took one while I took the other. "Cheers!" Tossing them back at the same time. Feeling the burning sensation in my throat, making me relax at the same time. Enjoying shot after shot, each one feeling less burning in my throat, than the previous one.

Chapter 7

The sun was shining on my face, that is what woke me up. Where am I? Am I not in my hotel room? Lifting my head off the pillow, I feel my head is going to explode. Raising my hand to check the time, it was after ten in the morning. "I never sleep this late," I said to myself. Managing to sit on the side of the bed, I turned to see on the wall a picture of my father with Melissa. I knew then that I was at Melissa's house. On a chair sitting in the corner of the room were some clothes, sitting on top of them a pair of sneakers. Recognising the items, I smiled to myself. It was a set of clothing from the many I bought yesterday when I went shopping with my sister.

Opposite the bed were two doors, identic al to each other. Staggering off the bed, holding my head. Promising myself not to drink so much again. Opening the door nearest to the bed, it was an en-suite bathroom. Jumping into the shower, I let the water run over my body, feeling the pleasant sensation.

Dressed up in my new clothes, I looked at myself in the full body mirror. I appear at least two sizes smaller in my skin-tight jeans and white T-Shirt, compared to the Army Surplus I was used to wearing. I mumble to myself. "Not bad Jason, not bad at all."

Downstairs at the end of the hall, I could hear female voices and plates clustering on a table surface, which I assumed was the kitchen. Entering the room, Melissa and Jennifer were preparing the kitchen table, while Lillian was cooking something on the stove. Not seeing me enter the room I call out.

"Good morning ladies!"

All three turned towards the sound of my voice. They automatically speak together, "Good morning." Lillian studied me for a few seconds, then went back to what she was doing. I am sure I saw a glimpse of a smile on her face.

Jennifer commented, "Any clothing you own, that belongs to the army is going to the red cross tomorrow morning."

Melissa was coming closer, studying me from head to toe. Her remark was. "If only I were thirty years younger." Feeling my six-pack over my t-shirt, causing me to go red of embarrassment. That's when she and Jennifer started laughing.

"What do you think Lillian?" Jennifer called out, staring at me and smiling.

"He's OK I suppose," not looking up from what she was doing. Her eyes focused in the frying pan.

"What? you don't think, I have a hot brother?"

Lillian turned giving us a quick smile, then went back to her cooking. Jennifer is giving me the thumbs up, while Melissa is trying to figure out what's going on.

"You are usually up at the crack of dawn, what happened to you today? Melissa asked.

"Well, last night we went out for a meal. Then we..." I started to mutter my words.

That's when Jennifer took over the conversation, "We went to Tony's restaurant, I wanted to introduce Jason to Anthony's family. That is when Lawrence Sparks decided to dine there as well. Anthony as we all know with his dislike of Lawrence, they had a clash of words. In which later on, his goons attacked Anthony in the lavatory. If it wasn't for Jason, God knows what they would have done to him. After everything calmed down, and Lawrence left, Tony in appreciation got out the Sambuca. Dragging Jason to a table, not letting him go until the bottle was empty. The rest you know Melissa. Carrying my dear brother up the stairs and putting him to bed."

Clapping my hands together and rubbing them, I tried to change the subject. "Will Randolph be coming around today?"

"Oh, Randolph was here since eight. He's taken my vehicle to the car wash to clean the carpet. After my dear brother spilt out his feeling about a particular young lady." While looking at Melissa, she was nodding towards Lillian. "When he finished his love confession, he decided to release most of his meal in my car, by being sick."

"Oh, now I understand," Melissa said, with a grin on her face.

When Randolph brought the car back from the car wash, he was not too happy to see me. Two petrol stations he took the car, they refused to clean it. Eventually, he cleaned my mess. It didn't take long to get him back to his cheerful self, as I took him out in the garden to show him some defensive combat moves.

Jennifer stood there with her arms folded across her chest. "Boys will be boys." That is when Randolph and I ran at her throwing her onto the grass as well. All three of us laughing together.

Melissa, chuckling as well, seeing us rolling on the grass like children. "It's been such a long time since there has been laughter in this house," Melissa laughed.

Once we finished with our rolling in the grass, we started to prepare the garden table for lunch. Randolph and I set up the table, while the ladies made the last preparation to the food. Lillian was turning the pork chops on the charcoal barbeque. Taking a plate from the table, I walked up to Lillian and held it out to her. "I brought you this to put the pork chops on?"

Not turning to look at me, she replied. "They're not ready yet."

"Hey, I want to apologise for what I said to you, at the park. I acted like a real jerk that day." I waited for her reply, but she was more engrossed in preparing the BBQ. "I'll leave the plate here. You can use it for the meat when it's ready."

"It was my fault. I should have told you Jennifer would be there." With the tongs, she took one of the pork chops, inspecting the meat if it was ready. "The plate please."

Moving the plate nearer to her, she took each piece of meat from the grill, placing them on the plate. Taking a quick glimpse of me, whenever she had the chance. Not that I was any better. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Gazing at her long blonde hair and blue eyes which were like the ocean. "We can try again if you like? Dating that is." Looking at her, I waited for her response. Staring at me, she went to say something when Jennifer distracted us.

"Are we going to eat or what you two."

After enjoying a delicious barbeque, Melissa stood up. "May I have everyone's attention please," she said. Looking at me, then at Jennifer she continued. "I have something to confess." Going inside, she returned with an A4 brown envelope. "Two weeks ago, I sent some samples off to a lab for some DNA tests. Before you both ask me, it was hair samples from your brush Jennifer. With you Jason, it was more difficult. Eventually, I used a glass you used. The results came back two days ago. The envelope is unopened." Holding it up, so we could all see it. Everyone went silent until the doorbell rang.

Ding-dong, ding-dong.

Putting the envelope down, Melissa went to answer the door. Returning a few moments later, behind her two police officers.

"Mr Ward, I am Constable Smith, and this is Constable Turner. We are here to arrest you for the grievously bodily harm of Mr Russell, last night at Naples restaurant." Officer Smith walked up to me with a pair of handcuffs. With my hands together, I was ready to be handcuffed. "Not possible sunshine, with what you're capable of, I need your hands behind you."