All Comments on 'Rhythm and the Blue Line Ch. 08'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 12 years ago
Like a piece of music...

this story is an intermingling of themes. There's the harmony between Ryan and Brody, and the discordance between Ryan and her family. The themes alternate, with thoughtful variations along the way. Variations appear as changes in the tempo and shifting keys and intervals. For example, the fight Ryan and Brody had was clipped and choppy, while their reconciliation was smoother and more melodic.

I'm looking forward to the crescendos between the lovers as they realize how serious they are about one another, and just how hard the tour is going to be. It's a great, romantic read.

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Moving slowly

Well, at least they got to the point in the relationship where they each admitted it was "serious" and that everyone around them had figured it out before they did. I am a bit foggy about "the Tour" and maybe that is by design, but how long are they going to be gone and will she be back periodically. It sounds like she will not need an apartment at all, so this portends a long absence, like three or four months?????

I do get the impression that this is going to be a longer story, because the chapters do not move toward an ending in any great hurry. This chapter primarily was about a tiff between them, the makeup, some discussion about the apartment and being apart. The making up was a bit awkward and restrained, I just didn't get a feeling for the fact that they really missed each other like lovers normally do. Perhaps you were trying to portray the fact that both of them in past relationships just moved on and they each were masking their feelings because they were uncomfortable with them? If that is true, then I suppose the great epiphany has yet to occur, that moment when they realize they can't live without each other.

I still think that what Ryan needs is for Brody to tell her Dad that he is an idiot right to his face, but I suppose a good time for that would be after a successful tour. Evans announcement might also be a good apocalyptic moment just to kick him when he is down and hurting? It seems to me that Ryan is waiting for Brody to really figure out how upset she is about her family and he doesn't seem to get there for some reason?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ther are authors

or stories I mark for later reading maybe. But then there are a very few authors whose names elicit an "oh goddie" feeling and an immediate "click - I wanna read this" reaction. Thanks for being one of those few that can string a story, characters and dialog together in a manner that makes for an interesting story.

I don't even care about hockey but I love the way you work just enough in for "work situation" and "teammate interaction" purposes.

So well done...I'm looking for how these two finally figure "it" out. And I don't care how many chapters it takes or how long it takes for them...I'm just a happy reader.

ambush184ambush184over 12 years ago
Please

Don't make us wait too long for the next chapter. Thanks too for the fight, I knew it couldn't possibly be all roses and clover. I look forward to the new chapters with much anticipation.

donaldedonaldeover 12 years ago
another fantastic chapter

thank you for posting another most excellent chapter I can hardly wait ofr the next chapter

estragonestragonover 12 years ago
SA PennLady, It's a Thrill

to play on your team. Now that your fans know what was in the box, I can't wait for the next plot twist. Great series!

Dual_TriodeDual_Triodeover 12 years ago
Delightful

The box didn't have her head, but it did contain a piece of her heart. I felt sad when I read how her parents dismiss her achievements. Their relationship is starting to deepen and mature. Brody is still a bit myopic, but he is a guy, after all. :)

Looking forward to the next chapters and how their love grows.

p.s. The Dillinger Escape Plan - nice choice, very angry indeed. ;)

annanovaannanovaover 12 years ago
Mmm, ice cream....

Brody, we should talk about ice cream sometime.

I absolutely love that he remembered Ryan's comment about rabbit feet freaking her out as a lucky charm. What a sweet gift for her. The fact that it matches her scarf is just icing on the cake.

Boy, what is it about food metaphors here?

Seriously, I love it.

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
Oooh, you are such a tease!

Man, I swear, with every chapter I read, my anticipation level rises. I can't wait to know what happens next. By the way, loved the fact that the bunny he gave her had a scarf similar to the one she considered her lucky one. That was so sweet. Great Job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Still Loving it

I knew Brody would end up being one of my favorites! Can't wait to read more. Keep up the amazing work. :)

LadyFalconLadyFalconover 12 years ago
You know I love your writing...

..that you have the ability to create such wonderful stories. So you get 5 stars for excellence. I just needed to remark on something...

"Hey, Ryan, if it's guy trouble, remember—show up naked with beer. If it's really serious, bring pizza, too."

I laughed out loud so hard....I had to get up from the computer and refill my drink...wipe my eyes from the funny tears. That was wonderful...I think I've heard something similar somewhere but I can't remember. Thanks for the laugh. Take Care

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 12 years ago
I hate to repeat myself but

they're so cute! I'm glad their first major spat is out of the way. Now to see how they hold up during the tour and the playoffs!

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Whilst I have enjoyed the stories, I feel let down a little. This last chapter left me feeling like Brody and Ryan were just friends and not the lovers like they were in previous chapters. Making up etc is supposed to evoke emotion. Hurry up and finish this story, I really want Ryan to stand up to her father and JT, to feel empowered and happy about her relationship with Brody.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Is there anybody out there?

Loved the story, followed it, would like to see it finished before I die.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
More please

where did you go, you don't usually take this long to post. Please finish the story you're killing me here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
please finish or post soon!!!!

please please PLEASE write more soon im ding here. i literaly check all the time to see if you've put up the next chapter!!!!!!!

gisterengisterenabout 12 years ago
Love the story!

Really enjoying the characters and all the way everything develops.

I want to read more like this but why are all the "Similar Stories" werewolf crap?

Mermaid2189Mermaid2189about 12 years ago

new chapter plz!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
PLEASE FINISH!!!

Love all your stories, cant wait till this one is finished... check everyweek to see if you have posted anything new!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Like the others before me, I would really like to read the end of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
NEW CHAPTERS!!! PLEASE!!

I love this story, just as much as the others! But when will there be a new chapter? I´m really excited to read it and see how Ryan and Brody´s story ends! Upload SOON, PLEASE!

Mermaid2189Mermaid2189almost 12 years ago

I would really like to read the end of this story. plz!!

yesterdaysyesterdaysalmost 10 years ago

I enjoyed this story. It was naughty, but I read this one before the others. I was rewarded, however, with a warm and sensual tale. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
1733 Followers
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...