All Comments on 'Rhythm and the Blue Line Ch. 09'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
GimletEdgeGimletEdgealmost 12 years ago
Evrything is moving toward the brink.

The confrontation between Ryan and her father was brutal---visceral and raw. It would be hard for a parent ever to redeem himself from that much harshness. It worked well that Brody witnessed it and now has the insight into Ryan's demons.

The chapter does a great job of deepening the characters' development and moving the story ahead.

I'm looking forward to the next phase in Ryan and Brody's relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
You're back!!

keep going this story is so good!! somebody really needs to punch ryan's dad and knock some sense into him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
GREAT!!

Happy you're back!!! Loved the story!

gisterengisterenalmost 12 years ago

Loved it and great to see the next part in the series!

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

So happy to see you are back posting on this story, I checked every day for an update and finally there it was.

I am a bit curious about something though; it seems that you are writing the Brody character as kind of passive, which is not in keeping with his hockey persona and player position. He didn't really seem to support Ryan when he saw the confrontation with her father, he just was there and comforted her, more or less after the fact. He seemed really slow and may not yet have realized that his brother has a drinking problem and that stopping after work with the guys to toss down a few beers might well be at the heart of the separation problem with Ricks wife. I suppose this comes from being the younger brother, but he is not blind.

Ryan and Brody have serious communication problems, which I guess is basically how you have developed the characters. This will no doubt lead to a crisis while Ryan is on tour and of course mountains will be made out of mole hills. You are a good writer, so I will plow on to the hopefully happy conclusion, but the story does tend to frustrate me at times when the characters do not seem to react as it seems they would? I suppose this should not be surprising given their history of being unable to commit to relationships and Ryan's family constantly putting her down, but Brody never seems to take that extra step at least as I read the story.

Just comment, not criticism.

donaldedonaldealmost 12 years ago
welcome back i have missed seeing new chapters from you

i was glad to see the next chapter post form you and let me say i has been well worth the wait excellent chapter i am looking forward to the next one

LadyFalconLadyFalconalmost 12 years ago
Woo! Hoo!

I was very happy to see a new chapter. I do wish Brody had said something while Ryan's dad was ripping up at her although Ryan handled herself. He said something after the dinner to her about not giving them a chance and now when he sees how they treat her he didn't say anything....but I adored his text at the end.

mtoldman33mtoldman33almost 12 years ago
Hallelujah!

Wonderful to have another chapter. Hope that your life has settled enough to let you write more.

Whiteboy75Whiteboy75almost 12 years ago
welcome back

Nice to see the new chapter up. And love how you are keeping it in pace with the playoffs. Brody should've knock her dad on his ass though!

ambush184ambush184almost 12 years ago
thanks

Very glad to see the story continue. Hope it won't be long dor the next chapter. I really am enjoying the story.

estragonestragonalmost 12 years ago
Welcome Back

SA Penn Lady. Great to have more of Ryan and Brody.

drteethodrteethoalmost 12 years ago
Good stuff!

A series involving hockey and music... as a Canadian, I say, what's not to like? I like how you make these characters seem like real people. Can't wait to see where this goes next.

peethreepeethreealmost 12 years ago

So glad you're back. Love the story and Ryan and Brody.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
awesome

I love to story so much and can't wait to read more. I look forward to the next chapter to see where everything goes. You are amazing! Great job on every part of the story, but espically on character development.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
GO KINGS!

dude! just came back from game 3 of the western conference final! wish i wasn't so tired/drank... or i would read this in a heartbeat!!!

tomorrow!!!

csweetnesscsweetnessalmost 12 years ago

Great story can't wait to read more

hathorbr1hathorbr1almost 12 years ago
Finally! You came back!!

I really missed reading this story! I am so glad you were able to complete another chapter. Great as always, by the way! Love, Love, Love!!!

jamac1024jamac1024almost 12 years ago

i like this chapter! heck, i like this story so it's good you're back...hopefully this streak lasts a bit longer than your dry spell LOL

the scene where brody asked ryan abt dating her bandmates and when ryan said no dropped the subject...that's typical male thinking right there LOL...one question, one answer; whereas with women, the subject would've been exhaustively discussed and pondered upon and thought about until someone's yelling and the other's saying stuff regretted later on....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
DRY SPELL BROKEN ATLAST :S

Nice story... Just dont keep us w8ng too long... v may differ to other stories... not that u depend on us... but still.. u get my drift :)

ILmonamourILmonamouralmost 12 years ago
Perfect timing

It's nice to see this story going ahead. Well done :)

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 12 years ago
welcome back

I really like these two. they are just too cute together. hope they don't let the insecurities of others impact on their relationship.

Looking forward to more!

worldhistorybuffworldhistorybuffalmost 12 years ago
Lovely, as always!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
yeah!!

Great to see you are back writing, I have patiently waited for this story, and it didn't disappoint. Can't wait for more. Though I do have to agree with other readers that Brody should have reacted to Ryan's dad's attack. But then perhaps that is part of the ongoing story. Please say it is an ongoing story lol.

northlandernorthlanderalmost 12 years ago
Nice to see you back

Welcome back Penn Lady, good to read some more on Brody and Ryan and that's from a Canuck who wouldn't watch a hockey game if he was paid to. A really good story with slowly expanding relationships. Definitely a 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Excellent addition

I will say, as a counselor, that Brody is a real gem. Some commenters have stated that he should have said something to Ryan's father, or to his own brother, during these episodes, but I disagree. Like it or not, Brody is not yet part of Ryan's family and therefore is not in a position to tell her father to back off. Furthermore, he was hearing his brother out. Telling his brother that alcoholism and insecurity are his real problems will not solve anything - and only make things worse.

It speaks volumes about your talent, PennLady, that these characters are so real to your readers. Keep up the stellar work :)

Dual_TriodeDual_Triodealmost 12 years ago
Ch..Ch..Ch..Changes

"Turn and face the strange."

Lots of tension building with this upheaval. Self doubt and insecurity are gnawing at both Ryan and Brody. And what is up with Ryan's father, Jim? Is this guy really the lunatic he seems to be? Inquiring minds want to know.

This is a great addition to the series. Welcome back and don't be such a stranger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
thank you

Thank you for giving me something worthwhile to read. Your stories are amazing, and i love reading them! Cant wait to hear more!!!

Lions86Lions86almost 2 years ago

i really really really hope neither of them cheat on each other. i really like brody and ryan whish surprises me cause when the story started i was kind of hoping mark and his gf would get into a huge fight and break up and ryan and mark would end up together. i def like brody with her now though so they better not cheat on each other

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
1732 Followers
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...

SIMILAR Stories