All Comments on 'Ride For The Sun Ch. 03'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 12 years agoAuthor
This posting was a mistake.

Please excuse the error. This story was not ready for posting as you will see if you read it.

Chapter 3 is being worked on but isn't ready yet. Somehow I posted this working version in error.

I contacted Literotica when I realized my mistake but apparently they didn't read or get my email and posted the story.

Thanks for understanding and again I apologize.

Woodmanone

Cal50Cal50about 12 years ago
Comment on story in making.

Can't wait to see the finished story. As usual, can't stop reading once I get started,

Great work even if not ready to print.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Two Woodmanone westerns in two days ...

I knew it was too good to be true. I sent a private feedback yesterday on Justice, asking you to intermix some westerns with your current Crusader stories, but I knew this one came too quickly. ;-> I'm glad to know it is in the works, and since I've already refreshed myself on Ch 01 and 02 [and the first page of Ch 03 {Very evil grin}], I'll be eagerly awaiting the full chapter.

LitID: Tyro999

email: oj3usmc@yahoo.com

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
MAYBE THIS TIME

he will really make it. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Like I Told You Yesterday, Woodie

you write so true. It's worth stepping back into the Old West with you, whether it is pieces or whole cloth!

D

Ghostwalker273Ghostwalker273about 12 years ago
The end?

Somehow I reckon' there may be a sequel to this yarn.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
#2 A SUB TITLE SHOULD BE

GO WEST YOUNG MAN prosper and multiply, TK U MLJ LV NV

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago

Nice resolution to the story of Rafe and Emma. Good triumphs over evil and all is well in the Verde Valley this evening. Reads like an old western story that was written years ago; you really got the feeling of the people and the times they lived in. If a young woman like Emma lived on a ranch, the choices for marriage material might be pretty limited. Either a young man from a neighboring ranch, or a take no nonsense stranger like Rafe who just happened along to work cattle and got roped himself.

donaldedonaldeabout 12 years ago
super story

excellent conclusion to a great tale thank you for emailing and telling it posted i have really enjoyed Rafes story and look forward to reading more stories form you

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Nice Ending

We knew how it would end when it started, but it was a lot of fun. This is perfectly in the "Western" style down to the happy ending and with an unbeatable gun.

I felt sorry for the hired gun who did not know who had been hired to put down, but then he should have learned by then not to take money without questioning.

Another nice one Woodie.... thanks!

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 12 years ago
Thanks for putting a conclusion to Rafe's story..

You really have the touch with your western stories and this is one of your best. Thanks for the email reminder.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great story....

but what happen to Maria?

auhunter04auhunter04almost 12 years ago
where

The old Bell ranch could be your model The -D (bar D) isnt on the Verde and a lot further away I cannot think of anything down towards Childs that would fit. But hey it is still a big notch above even some of the professional authors. The only place where Zane Grey and Louis L'Amour has you beat a little bit is in the descriptions of the country

good stuff, very good stuff

Rawmaster50Rawmaster50almost 11 years ago
Good story

I was glad you let Rafe retire to the ranch at the end of the story. The life of a lot of Town Lawmen was not to good and many died because of the job and the people they had to face. The story ended on the right note. 5 Stars

moandickmoandickalmost 10 years ago
Trouble

I almost wish that I had never discovered Woodmanone because when I start reading his stories, I simply cannot put them down until I have finished that particular story and I get into sooo much trouble for not doing whatever I am, or was, supposed to be doing at that time!

Never mind - I get so involved with the stories that the pain is worth the effort as far as I am concerned - so thank you Woodmanone - long may you continue writing stories - especially for my enjoyment!

Dick Kingswell

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Louis L'Amour?

Boy, was this a good story. I thought I was reading a Louis L'Amour story. I felt like I was actually in the 'old west'. The characters were exceptional. Thank you for writing such a fine story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
About the full moon...

Not a complaint, but just for your information...

He wouldn't have had to wait for the full moon to rise after the sun went down, nor had to wait for dawn after the full moon set. The sun, earth, and moon are in a straight line during a full moon - that's how we see the full illuminated face of the moon. So the full moon comes up as the sun sets, and sets as the sun comes up. Of course, when the moon is close to the horizon, it doesn't illuminate the ground so well.

I have enjoyed your stories, and have read most of them, some more than once, like this one. A few more to go, I hope.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
A well written western

thanks for the ride.

I saw a few suggestions for alternative titles. Mine would be a substitution of only one word. Ride With The Sun. That way, morning, noon or evening, he would have always been on a path moving West.

bigbill84bigbill84over 5 years ago
Very Good Story

One of he best stories I've read on Literorica, Please keep them coming.

deJay_13deJay_13over 5 years ago
Good'ern

Ya dun reel gude wit da story and tha writin'

Ben reedin yore stories fer a spel an thay allus has good writin' an good langage.

Wil allus reed yore stories.

Thanke much.

de Jay

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yea, Arizona!

Read all 3 chapters. Had to verify your location. All I know is the Modern AZ, but I have ridden ( in a car) from Tucson to Las Vegas NV many times. Both thru the easy way and up thru the hi country. Your descriptions are right on , plus a very interesting plot, and Characters. 15 Stars (each). Thank you.

MrmacjrMrmacjrabout 5 years ago
Great

Really enjoyed your story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thanks for the the hours of good reading

Back in 1965 I was working for Forest Service to establish a Job corps center at Heber/over guard. Only business in the area was Zane's a bar with a pool table and a fireplace; where you could get a meal of beans out of an iron pot and biscuits make in a dutch oven and great steak. Thanks for the memories.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Excellent story. Very enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One mistake

A town had a town Marshall a Sheriff service the whole county. The Sheriff is elected the town Marshall was appointed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Consistent throughout your stories, a word mis-use interrupts my reading of your excellent stories. I hope you can write more of then!

Perhaps you could/would proofread for: past; passed; pass appropriateness for the sentence? That would improve the story flow for me, and probably for others.

Thank you,

Craig

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 2 years ago

Nothing more aggravating then people complaining and not having the balls to give there name. Cowards are everywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. When I started this series, I was thinking “not another western by woodman,” but after the first few paragraphs I was hooked.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love your stories!

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerover 1 year ago

Like other readers of your stories, I enjoy them very much. My only real comment I want to make is, Where Art Thou...???

I Do Hope you and your family are alright. But it sure would be nice if you were still posting stories here . Personally, I can't write worth shet,, I've tried... Just ain't got it in me I guess... But I Do Know Folks like You are pretty darn good at spinning a tale for all your fans., Yeah I'm one too. Love your stories, only wish you were still posting here.. HAVE A GREAT LIFE , Woodmanone, and thanks, from a fan.. ✌️👌👍🙋

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

That was great!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

linnearlinnear12 months ago

Another wonderful story, very one of your stories are so well done.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

Very enjoyable saga. I think "The Trail West' and Chico Creek Cattle Company and your 2 spinoffs are better, but this is a fine story.

HeypossumHeypossumabout 1 month ago

Another great story stars 5

Crusader235Crusader235about 1 month ago

Thank you Woodman. Another very enjoyable story of the wild west. Five stars from this old western fan.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES