All Comments on 'Ripple Effect'

by wetapap

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
kelchakelchaover 16 years ago
Cute Story

Cute story with a fairytale ending. Just a little too sweet for my taste, but the writing, as usual for wetapap, was excellent.

Would have preffered her to come back to him as she thought he was originally and not as a writer. Seems .....?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Hi,

Yeah, I could see some gaps ... and I know that's not like you.

What was there was great though - nothin' better than love.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
outstanding

This story earns a top rating for writing and style. If there were a separate category for subject matter, I'd be looking for a place to place a negative rating; but only because it hits so close to home, to my reality and life experience. (The part about a negative rating was tongue in cheek, in case it isn't obvious.)

The story is very well written, and (unfortunately) very realistic.

-- KK in Texas

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 16 years ago
Well...

You HAD to do it.....<p>

Take a PERFECTLY good 'teach the bitch' and make it into a romance.<p>

Last time I give you my drunken advice.<p>

As always I loved the writing and your style.<p>

now if we can just get you out of the lovey dovey mode.....<P>

writingdragonwritingdragonover 16 years ago
I loved it

It may have the ring of truth in it, but it did make me cheer at the end. I am a big fan of happy endings and this story provided just that.

Keep up the good work!

Writingdragon

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 16 years ago
Liked it anyway

I'll read it when the fixed version comes out but I'm sure my vote will stay the same. You write one hell of a good story, even when parts get left out!

SweetWitchSweetWitchover 16 years ago
Lovely

I was a bit confused when I first read this. It's not like you to do anything half-assed, so it was disappointing to see the gaps in the story. Then I read you're comment about the missing text. Everything fits into place now and it's lovely.

Thank you.

wetapapwetapapover 16 years agoAuthor
finally, a full version

for those of you who read the incomplete version, all i can say is that i did everything i could. now it is finally corrected and posted in full. hope you enjoy it, and i wish to thank literotica for making the corrections. wetapap

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 16 years ago
This is what I expected!

This the story I wanrd to read. Very well done in the complete version. Thanks Pappy.

I don't know what is going on with the software doing a hack job on the stories but it happened to another one yesterday.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Excellent

A great story from start to finish. Thanks.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Enjoyed the Hell out of it!

Would'a been perfect if you'd throw in some sex

JennyBearJennyBearabout 16 years ago
Fantastic

I have learned to trust you. You will not let me down.

Zeb40Zeb40almost 16 years ago
Better late than...you know.

Missed this one earlier. Great little romance. I'll just say how I loved it, and leave it at that.

a_silent_lovea_silent_loveabout 15 years ago
A special one...

I had my fingers crossed all through the story, coz the description said - 'A painful romance'... When it ended on a cheerful note, I couldn't stop smiling...

Please post more often...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Good story

Wonderful story. Loved the twist in Hank's role bt i think he could've atleast felt a little resentment towards her. She got away with it relatively easy considering what she put him through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A huge amount of time and effort,

put to ggod use, methinks. A particularily good short story, and a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Really loved this story. Sarah thinking she wants one thing, but she can't fool ehr heart. And Hank's success despite living like the country boy he is. It was short and sweet.

zanjizanjialmost 13 years ago
...

short but nice and heartwarming...

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
STUBBORN AND A SOCIAL CLIMBER

lost all her family values. A change is a-cummin'. TK U MLJ LV NV

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatabout 12 years ago
Zanji is right

It made me feel as if fate can be merciful. Simple, yet complex, but clean. A very fine story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Aotch'em says:

A bit corny, but I liked it nevertheless - good plot and very well written. Thank you.

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
Oh I see. She changes her goddamn mind and all's forgiven.

Stupid idea, stupid men - ALL of them, Hank, Fred, Daddy - make sure the princess doesn't suffer from her mistakes. Piss on her, man she's like an old newspaper - yesterday's news, only fit for lining the birdcage. This story put me in a foul mood, I'm gonna take a chill pill and go watch TV. I'll look at the History Channel, maybe the Germans will win this time.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
She changed a lot more than her mind -

As he noted - scrub that new bitch off - she has learned to value what is actualy important -

She was willing to return home get back on a good path and wish him well - the selfish bitch never would have been able to do that or turn the new boyfriend loose to find a real love etc -

Well written yet again - Dad was just perfect -

elHosedelHosedalmost 11 years ago
Nice tale, if a bit hard to swallow

I don't know many men that would EVER give a girl a second chance after that kind of knock-off treatment. It's one thing to drift apart, but to throw away the one you claim to love for purely selfish greed? That's a character flaw that's VERY hard to trust is gone forever.

sparknclasssparknclassalmost 11 years ago
Do you have any other stories?

I'm wondering if you ever have any other stories where the shoe is on the other foot? I mean stories where the gentleman is lost and needs help while the woman is intelligent, confident, emotionally balanced, capable, and wise?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not impressed!

She is only with him because he is now rich and famous. He deserves better!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Predictable but Excellent

In terms of plot, I saw it coming but with WTP stories it is savoring the journey and enjoying the character development. He wrote the young lady in this story perfectly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I wish it wasn't always

That they come to their senses after they learn the love interest is in the money for a change.

As in dump the boyfriend and decide she want's to be with Hank,now she knows he isn't stuck in the little place and has money.

JestuaJestuaover 8 years ago
Enjoyed it

Sometime peoples really do make mistakes. You think one thing is the most important, and then too late you realize that your priorities aren't what you thought. Its nice seeing her get a second chance, though I really didn't like her personality, heh. Spoiled Princess comes to mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Really a Nice Story

Good from the beginning to the ending.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Okay

The problem with "do-overs" is they rarely happen in real life. As I see it, your story has her having regrets immediately after discovering that her discarded lover is flying off on a private jet for his book signing. Rather than rediscovering her soul, it looks like she discovered her greed could have been satisfied by her lover and she threw it away. Rather than a rebirth, it makes her seem shallow and contemptible and in that light her old lover taking her back is absurd. She has just proved she will follow the cash. You need to work harder to make this work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice Story

Really nice story.

xtchrxtchrover 6 years ago
I Don't Know!

I have to agree with TMSPTGR3, a few comments earlier. This girl seemed a little to 'money hungry' to be trusted. She may have loved the first guy, but it didn't stop her from dumping him for the rich and cultured new boyfriend. Is it coincidental that her change of heart came only after her old loser 'true love' became a successful author.

I don't know about taking her back....maybe I'm too cynical. Anyway, thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

The girl isn't genuine. Not true love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

So, the sequel to this story is that, when his second book is a flop, she divorces him, takes half of everything he has left, and finds herself a new sugar daddy?

Sorry, the only thing she showed was that, if she could have both someone she "loved" *and* money, she'd prefer that over just money. There's nothing indicating, however, that if she had to make a choice, money wouldn't win every time.

He deserved better.

ranec1ranec1over 5 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I hope while they were apart he got laid as much as she did. What a sucker.

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

Painfully satisfying! Yeah, I said it. Sue me. I am a sucker for a happy ending. Having experience the pain she had inflicted was brilliant. Don't listen to anonymous pricks that make the assumption that they know your characters. They are yours and noone else's. Let them write their own stories so they can feel the burn of sardonic criticism just for the sake of being self aggrandizing. Most of them don't write or can't write. You can and do it well. RESPECT!

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifeover 1 year ago

Story of a shallow gold digger shouldn't fall in Romance category - just saying.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous