All Comments on 'Rock and Water Ch. 07'

by jhollander

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
MaynessMaynessalmost 10 years ago

Another well written totally gorgeous chapter. Thank you so much for continuing with their story. The level of intimacy you are creating is superb.*****

mel_pomenemel_pomenealmost 10 years ago
It HAS been a while ...

... but, in common with all good things, worth the wait! It is good to have you back and on top form with this latest chapter of a wonderfully erotic tale. Welcome back, thank you, and please have five stars. Oh - and please try not to make us wait TOO long for the next part!

LBGrantLBGrantalmost 10 years ago
Thank You!

I love, love, love this chapter. I was so excited to see this chapter on the board. Absolutely wonderful way to start my Saturday. You've done a great job of bringing Patrick and Corrine to life for us readers and bringing in the friends at the restaurant really flowed well. Awesome job!

~LB

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years ago
oh so beautiful!

@JAH - so great to have you back! i really missed your story and was so happy to see a new chapter posted. I do love these two. And that scene... you sure know how to crank up the heat! Thank you for another wonderful chapter.

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19almost 10 years ago
Lovely!

I loved the entire chapter - but I especially loved the first bit. The first 3000 words (or the first page on Lit) - it was beautiful and emotional, and peaceful and simply lovely. And I have a favorite paragraph.

While it feels a little odd to surrender this ritual to him, the simple act of bathing myself, it also feels right that he should bathe his toy. For that's what this weekend is about. I'm his to fuck and control, to impart his will and satisfy his needs; but I am also his to take care of, to keep safe and to cherish. In this moment, I feel coveted.

Lovely job, JAH! Definitely worth the wait!

eaglejet1eaglejet1almost 10 years ago
Amazing story!!!

I so love this story, You have made these characters so real. I love reading stories when I feel as if I am a part of the story, so drawn in.

This chapter was worth waiting for you. Thank you.

5 more stars from me!!!

jhollanderjhollanderalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks all!!

Thank you all for your sweet comments! They definitely push me to keep on writing and create all sorts of kinky fun for our new couple.

The next chapter is plotted out so there shouldn't be quite the delay as there was for this one. A confrontation at the gym, camping at the coast, and a certain activity another certain author has been hounding me for (she knows who she is) will all be there.

North200North200almost 10 years ago
Detailed, well-plotted and skillfully written

An incredible chapter in an incredible story. I admire the way you weave hot sex into the plot without sacrificing the plot or the flow of the story. Brilliant!

PlusherPlusheralmost 10 years ago
Ooooohhh that was delicious

Wow! As before many others have said what I wanted to; the exquisitely drawn characters, their connection, the fabulously flowing narrative seamlessly interwoven with hot sex and fine D/s. As a writer and also one who has lived her own version of this path I just crave more, I kinda know (hope I know!) where this goes in the end and look forward to your depiction of how this deepens and develops between them. Brava! More please

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
Well

Got here eventually. I deliberately wanted to be able to read this in peace and quiet so put it on the back burner and guess what ?..Loads happening in RL and I forgot it was up !

Superb story telling at it's very best. The eroticism just flows and god was that one exquisite flogging.

However, am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with the reason for the punishment?

Hard limits are what they say they are, and although nobody could see under the table her reactions and manner of speech certainly could be seen. To the three friends, she could soon have appeared a babbling idiot....is that what he wanted ?

I suspect not.

In my mind he got it wrong. Big time. And so did she.

She had no way of stopping him bar red or yellow...could she do that in front of everyone ??

Course she couldn't

So she had no reason to apologise.

Not withstanding, a suberb chapter and erotic fiction at its best.

Well done JaH

jhollanderjhollanderalmost 10 years agoAuthor
MJ!

I love your thoughts and concerns about the pseudo-breach in limits, as I'm sure FA_JF does too as she voiced many of the same prior to my submitting it to Lit. I also love that you brought the topic up altogether.

I teetered even as I was writing the scene, and as FA_JF will attest to softened it a bit in the end from where it was originally. I left it as is though for a few reasons. One is that I had faith in him (I mean, hell, I created him...) to know Corrine well enough challenge her, but not humiliate her in public. She is an adult, not to mention adept at putting on a professional façade for her career, and would be quite able to keep her composure even if turned on.

If there was a point that she dropped her poker face and appeared visually distressed (rather than just internally), he would have pulled his fingers away. Perhaps if I wrote at times from his point of view, this could have been conveyed, but I don't.

That said, whether she should have apologized or not is a good question. To her (and to me, obviously) it felt right to apologize because he had yet, in their young relationship, to breach her trust. He had no intention of doing so at the table, but did not have the opportunity to show her that because she ended it all by walking away. Should he have reassured her of this instead of pushing her harder when she attempted to close her legs? Probably.

In the end, I don't disagree that her limits were pushed in the restaurant, and that he could have communicated his intentions better. As their relationship continues, as should all relationships of this nature, they should revisit their limits periodically to see where they stand. Perhaps new limits will be discovered, and old limits trashed as their trust and intimacy deepen.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
Wow JaH

Some detailed reply xxxxx

This is the bit though where I don my boxing gloves ( FA knows I love a good fight. Lol )

She is in fact at the point where her public persona is shot. She tries to close her legs to stop it and he takes it as a challenge to his authority, and ups the pressure.

.

I'm so turned on that my mind is spinning. Too flustered to answer him, I do the only thing I can think to. Attempting to keep my composure, I rise from my chair and push away from the table.

.

He has pushed her past her limit..

She can only run to maintain face rather than appear a prat for not being able to speak or concentrate.

You are quite right about pushing and changing limits as things progress...absolutely spot on, but they do need to talk about it though. Next morning at brekkie could be an interesting convo !

Ps...as FA says ...we bitch coz we care.

Pps....did FA and I actually agree on something !!!...lie down in dark room coming on :-)

Pps ...I did like the restaurant play though, even if we can't agree...HAWT it was..:-)

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
Hola chica!

I'm resisting the urge to point to MJ and yell, "See! See! It's not just me!"

He had no intentions of going too far, you say. But WHO, pray tell, determines WHAT is too far? Who is primarily tasked with stopping play when the line is reached/crossed? What was that you mumbled? What? Oh! The SUB, you say... . And when the Dom has somehow created a situation in which the sub cannot use the spoken safe word, what then? I'm sorry, I didn't catch that . Oh, a PHYSICAL response of some kind.... Hummm. Let me ponder this......public place....nonplayers they will be seeing in the future....hummm, yeah... . Yes. Definitely, yes. Politely hauling ass away to the ladies' room would qualify as a physical signal. Yup. Sure does. :D:D:D. Not to mention safe words/actions are supposed to be honored by the Dom. Not trust building if one taps out and the Dom calls foul. ;)

Luv you, luv the story, luv the characters, luv the scene when they got home, get that you wanted a reason for the scene to happen...but I still think he erred.

Now back to work, wench! Their weekend has been going on for weeks and we're missing all the yummy details... :))

jhollanderjhollanderalmost 10 years agoAuthor
differences in opinion are the spice of life

MJ and FA

I 100% support and respect your opinions on this. I really do. As I mentioned in chapter 4, he assured her he would never do anything that could be detected by anyone else. I maintain that he didn't. Is there some grey zone about it all? Definitely. Point being.... I don't uphold that my story is a picture perfect reflection of a textbook bdsm relationship. They're human, I'm human. They moved on from it, I hope we can too! xx

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
JaH FA

Abso freekin lutely we move on.

I'm just getting my heart rate down from FA pointing at me. Frightened me to death it did :-))

I just love a healthy debate and can't resist putting finger to keyboard sometimes.

Would help if I engaged one of my pair of brain cells occasionally though.

Can't wait for the next chapter and promise to try and read it while it is still on the front page this time.

Incidentally, it was seeing a comment on the BDSM page that reminded me, so they do serve another purpose other than allowing us to annoy the author.

Right

Who can I go poke with a stick now ???

FindmywayFindmywayalmost 10 years ago
One additional comment

This is one of those stories that I read the moment it posted but life got in the way and 15 days later.....

So I love their story and growing dynamic...but I too felt he crossed the line regarding public display. I am only speaking from my experience and I don't feel as if he respected that boundary (huge boundary for me for many of the same reasons) she did try to find a graceful way out and he chose not to listen. However, nor did she speak up and share her concerns prior to punishment. After all it is all about communication - and depending on the person and situation that bond of trust would/could have been broken.

I'm not trying to open a wound that has begun to heal...but I do think it would be great to add to the next chapter and highlight the need for continued dialogue and changing dynamics. I only highlight this because he had done such a wonderful job making sure she shared her thoughts, concerns and fears early on -but when he really needed to listen- he was deaf..... just saying....but the punishment scene was hot as hell! :-)

love the story...I search for it every morning - just a minor bump in the road. Looking forward to your next chapter and as always it was worth the wait. Another brilliant chapter

5 stars

jhollanderjhollanderalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Updates!

First off, I must unshamelessly plug Masterfuljim's first story on Lit just posted today under Exhibitionists and Voyeur. It is absolutely wonderful and had me laughing out loud! Great writing MJ!! More, please!!

Lastly, sorry for the long delay again in Rock and Water. Time to write has been incredibly sparse. It's ~1/3 written and I hope to finish it up over the next week!

justahole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Love

I am abosolutely loving this series. Super hot and awesome chemistry between the characters. Please keep writing :-)

jhollanderjhollanderalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Revisions!!

I want to thank everyone who has both supported this chapter and to those who offered well deserved constructive comments about the scene in the restaurant. I've been mulling over this for a while, and decided to revise the scene slightly to keep the characters, and the story as a whole, consistent with the ideals of consensual play. I submitted it this evening, and hopefully it will post within the week. Thank you to those who take the time to read the revised scene, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesalmost 10 years ago
yup

More and more hotness. A slow clap must be started for you, post haste. You're a very talented writer, and I'm looking forward to whatever comes next :)

-D&T/Eris

jhollanderjhollanderalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Edited chapter is up!

The updated version of Rock and Water - chapter 7 is now posted. Thank you again to MJ, Findmyway, and FA_JF for their constructive feedback. Without it, I wouldn't have written the new restaurant scene which is a much more accurate reflection of the consensual relationship Patrick and Corrine share. If anyone would like a copy of the original chapter, please do not hesitate to PM me.

always_yesalways_yesover 9 years ago
Loved it!

I read this after you made changes so I'm not sure how it was originally but I loved it! The scene in the restaurant was so tense and I loved Corinne for being so real and panicking! It doesn't matter how submissive you are, there can always be a time when you panic and you wrote that so well. She didn't trust her own ability to hold back, and she wasn't even thinking about Patrick's ability to stop it, she was totally focused on herself and that's REAL! Then the punishment? Fantastic! I've never got to play with Shibari and now I absolutely want to, it sounds beautiful and hot! Please write more! Can't believe I'm all caught up now!

jhollanderjhollanderover 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 8 posted!

To the anon who wrote me bummed about the delay, I'm happy to say I submitted it last night. Hopefully it will post this weekend. Thank you for your patience and kind words. Chap 9 already in the works!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just utterly amazing.

I feels like I've just come out of a dream - what a chapter.... ! Thank you :)

Chloe159Chloe159over 9 years ago
Perfect!

There are no words…..just perfect!!

purple_stonepurple_stoneover 9 years ago
Ohhhh goooood...

JAH, I have to say, the exchange outside the restaurant, omg... The sexiest thing ever! The subspace... the way you described it, it makes perfect sense, although I've never seen it described quite the same! Sooo good! And the whipping scene, again. Wow. It's interesting how we can recreate (and reread) the intimacy and the sensations of a certain event over and over again and good writers like yourself just make it seem new and special. Good job!

mobytheoceanmobytheoceanover 9 years ago
Wow! This just keeps getting better

Everything you wrote was so good and so real life. The reaction of both characters and the friends were definitely spot on. I envy her ability to come out of subspace so quickly but it depends on so many elements. You captured this chapter beautifully.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
very well written

From my own experience, I love how she wishes there were more marks after her punishment. I genuinely love the marks I get and I enjoy showing them off when I can in a club. My husband also loves to poke and rub the paddle, flogging, and whip marks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
last scene

thought that was a little pathetic, he jacked off on her, think that could have been better

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This story is so fucking sexy. I never want it to end.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous