All Comments on 'Rocket Scientist'

by GetToIt

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 9 years ago
Cute Flash Story

Pretty much fantasy but a fun read for a quickie.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Brilliant

How stupid can you be? Screwing your new husbands best friend at the reception. I'll tell you. Stupid beyond comprehension. Great ending.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
too short

too short not enough revenge

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
4*, even if...

4*, even if the revenge wasn't a big thing...Revenge on cheating best friends, must be worst than revenge on unknown people or enemies...

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Cute story

Predictable, but a fun read...

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Cute, But..

Not enough revenge.

And Darla hasn't missed her phone since last night?

And, not specific to this story, but why are all these cheaters so upset when they're found out and lose their marriage? If they were SO in love that they are THAT upset, then they wouldn't cheat!

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 9 years ago
Funny

I have a friends who is a rocket scientist ('aerospace engineer,' or he'll rant at you, btw). He's hardly a genius, or even of above average intelligence. Just tenacious as all hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Better Flash than last....

I think you did a better job with this one than the last one. You WERE able to fit a little more character development in for a FEW of the players.

That said, Darla doesn't seem to be a character at all. I'm still not sure if she should have been or not.... The way you did this works, but a confrontation with her seemed to be in order, and the absence of it seemed conspicuous.

I will say, that one other thing improved here from your last story, was a better flow in your dialogue. You were able to tell the story through the conversation, and it really helped.

I enjoyed this brief glimpse, and it is obvious that you will continue to improve. Thanks for your efforts and contributions!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Probably should've mentioned what happened to Billy or did he just stand in the lobby looking awkward the rest of his life?

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Nice light read with three characters

Rocket scientists have to be sticklers for details and not the high in the IQ department to perform. (That should get me some nasty e-mails)

Basically you have to expand the number of characters and probably let their strengths and weaknesses appear in normal conversations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

so shes just gonna marry him just like that, she went from waterworks in her eyes to smiling for joy just like that....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It didn't take a rocket scientist ...

To write that.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
GTI writes well.

I hope he/she will develop a good story and return at a later date.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Complete package? dumb as a post?

How could Emmy be the complete package and be a dumb blond. A complete package means dynamite body, smarter than hell, high intellect, great personality, good cook, loyal, faithful and a good fisherman with a boat.

I keep looking for her.

mcbsmcbsover 9 years ago
Making the Best of a Bad Situation

Good story and good comments. He gets rid of the cheater before being burned even more. Emmy gets someone who deserves her, and her cafeteria serving days are over. Sometimes good things happen to good people.

My favorite comment:

Bruce22 wrote: "Rocket scientists have to be sticklers for details and not the high in the IQ department to perform. "- If not entirely true, at least amusing.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Meh

too short to have much impact. He proposes just like that? And she accepts? A quick flash tale. Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Need a little more

That was way too short, not fleshed out nearly enough. Even for a flash story, more was needed.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 9 years ago
Skimpy

Not even Reader's Digest condensed. You wrote down the idea for a story, then submitted it as the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Short

The story was short and sweet and to the point----GREAT

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Way too short....

A good story line though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Way too short. you could have made a story out of this. .

Like to read a story not a short . With interactions, personalities, and a story line , so a Minimun of 3 pages is needed. It had possibilities .

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
Okay...

There isn't much meat to this story, is there? Darla cheated -- on her wedding day! Why? Is she simply an evil bitch? Guess so.

The narrator doesn't seem too broken up about it -- and even had the presence of mind to snatch Darla's cellphone (without her noticing?) and hide it in her lover's "computer bag" (also without him noticing, and which he had on him at the time, in the broom closet, for some unexplained reason.)

I can't help but think that BTB authors spend a great deal of time pondering different ways to get revenge on cheating wives. They don't put much thought into what led to the cheating, because BTB fans don't care about that. A cheater is a cheater, so there's no need to even bother spending any time developing that aspect of the story or fleshing out the characters in the story.

When a BTB author comes up with one of these revenge plots that they feel is clever, they spend about five minutes spilling out a quick one-page "flash story" that brushes past the setup and gets right to the revenge angle. The BTB fans, satisfied that the cheater got what's coming to her, quickly hit the "five star" button, and congratulate the author for being a real man.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

And it never gets old, does it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
swingerjoe

Why do you ALWAYS bitch about these type stories?You know you dont them but like a moth to a flame you are drawn into them and inevitably complain about them.You are just like the anti cuck crowd that reads a story they know they will hate but read it anyway just to one bomb it and complain.I have read some of your stories and like them.You are obviously an intelligent person.Why do it? Just skip them and read the sharing stories you seem to prefer.Pretty simple.No?As for this entry more of an outline than a story.No depth in any of the characters.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
Re. swingerjoe

I will respond to your comment with the same response I see from BTB fans who are asked the same question about why they read "cuck" stories: how on earth can I know what a story is about unless I actually read the story?

I don't hate all BTB stories. There are some that are thoughtful and well-written. This isn't one of them. But if you were scrolling through LW stories, looking for a good story, wouldn't you think a story rated with 3.85 stars would be worth reading?

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
he suspected during the engagement

but didn't act on it till after the wedding? He might be scary smart when it comes to engineering, but not so much with relationships.

Best friend? not. Annulment over night while in a foreign country? not. Carrying a computer bag during the reception and into the closet for a quickie? not.

And, settling for beautiful, dumb, and loyal is still settling.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
beyond stupid

way beyond... its like a bad line from one of the Naked gun movies

.." gee I wonder why here job requires here to spend all weekend with the Washington redskins in their hotel rooms.."

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
One little bitty star *

Written at first grade level? I like BTB, but this was extremely juvenile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
From Duna

I met a website, where betrayed husbands told their family catashtrophe with cheating wives. The policy of that website was to ban such commenters who want to date with the betrayed husbands!!!!!!!! It is very interesting to be women who are looking for mates from the betrayed husbands...............

The best of the short BTB stories is the Seurat's story "Homecoming Call".

I gave 5***** to encourage a BTB story author.

I prefer the longer BTB stories, where we can see the future of the ex-es, but a good flash story can overwrite my preferity as Seurat's masterwork

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago

Nifty fun very short story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
At least this one was funny

Sometimes your stories are just too far out there, even for fiction. But this was funny. And I know of an acquaintance that caught his future wife screwing one of the groomsman one day before the wedding. It actually made the local news. Yours was a funny story. His was a complete disaster.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 9 years ago
Cute story.....

Horrible ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Can't score this

4 stars if it were in the Humor category where it belongs. Good sense oh humor, pointless story other than that

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not Much Substance

Good beginning, but that's about it...

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
I liked it a lot!

Again simple and cute.

But funny too.

Thanks writer!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Gave It A 1...

No wonder the space program is in trouble....with idiots like these two working there! It deserved a 1 because you couldn't even be bothered to give a name to the stupid idiot that was cucked at his wedding reception. Then you wrote that he got an annulment the next morning...c'mon gettoit...get to it...no one can get married one night and get an annulment the next morning unless your uncle is the pope! Then he asks the body to marry him. Could you condense this story even more? Deserves a 0 but 1 will have to do!!!!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Didn't take long

Neat little story. Not too many rocket scientists on LW .

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Original and funny

I always like a story that makes me laugh.

Some of these comments make me laugh as well. It’s just a chuckle folks. Is it difficult to sit down with that stick up there?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Read it again...

...and I still like it. I'd recommend he slow the roll, but this is fantasy so why not?

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Good one

Very good humorous short. Fun reading. Do some more.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 3 years ago
****

Gotta love rocket surgery, er..... Brain science.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Nothing

Nothing at all wrong with mashed potatoes.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Might be, er... jumping the gun a little there.

But what do I know, I'm no rocket scientist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good until the end

Then the timing was off. Even with an annulment in hand I don't think he's getting married right away. Things like blood tests and licenses take time. And his big head might need some time to catch up with his little head. Also I found it hard to believe guys are carrying around their laptops at a wedding reception. THAT was dumb.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Cute and short.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

WOW short and sweet BUT what an ending LOVE IT (jaybee186)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous