All Comments on 'Rocky Raccoon Ch. 02'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
4*s

Thank you for a fine, old western qhml1.

Only a couple of editing mistakes that really break-up the continuity.

I am looking forward to the next chapter.

AMerryman

kuhpa01kuhpa01over 6 years ago
A treat for the Holidays

Very glad to see this story continued. The style of writing, switching between current and flashback, is quite different from the usual here on Lit. And there are far too few Westerns, dang it!

Five stars and heartfelt thanks.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 6 years ago
So good

Great story. Looking forward to the rest.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 6 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for all of your effort, I know its a lot of work.

5* for a great story!

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 6 years ago
Excellant 5's from me

as usual. The interplay between present and past is a well designed plan to keep a readers interest; you sure did keep me at the computer longer than I should have been.

As far as people down rating you because of a few paltry mistakes, I think they need to ask for a refund of the money they spent to read your work.

Seriously, I noticed a couple but nothing to stop the flow of the story or the characters.

Thank you again and if I may ask please work a little quicker. I can hardly wait to see Rocky's revenge and reckoning with both man and woman.

Woodmanone

Simonb1Simonb1over 6 years ago

Yep, I knew what went to Texas meant. They fled the law and retribution.

A good story, but a bit disjointed in places.

I did enjoy though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 Stars (again) OLD_CROW

Really enjoyed chapter 2, but if you can get 5-Stars from “Woodmanone” you know it’s good. Thanks for sharing. I will be patiently waiting for the next two weeks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great read!

Enjoyed immensely the first two parts. Great reading while being kept inside during the aftermath of the Blizzard of 2018!!! Hopefully you were also kept inside and now are ahead of schedule with part three!!! Keep up the great work.

DoctimeDoctimeover 6 years ago
Ride em Cowboy

A few minor mistakes. Not enough to spoil the start of a great new series. I think the motto will “ Don’t fuck with Rocky”. Even worse, “Don’t fuck his wife.”

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Glad to see the continuation

I was lost for a while at the beginning but soon figured we were in another leap forward in order to fill in the gaps.

I'm impressed by how many cultures Rocky is able to integrate with ease. How closely he adheres to his own code of honour. By the mutual respect he builds among friends, employees, family, and neighbours.

Please sir, can we have more?

.

notdumnotdumover 6 years ago
Great story (as usual) with comments

This comment is intended to cover both installments. I love the story, but Rocky is a bit of a Superman with too many superpowers to be completely believable. Please keep up the great writing!

MegCMegCover 6 years ago
Breathless Anticipation...

I have thoroughly enjoyed this story, thus far! Someone, in a comment, referred to Rocky as a bit of an unrealistic "Superman". Perhaps he is, but who wants to read about an average man? Not me! Give me an intelligent, resourceful, strong (also, let's not forget, well hung) man any day! I appreciate the well developed characters, and the glimpses into their origins...especially the bit about how Rocky's parents got together. I am so excited to read the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Been a loooong two weeks!

Did you forget to hit the submit button again? 5 stars.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 6 years ago
Huh

After a long round a bout route, you ended up nowhere. Sorry I wasted time on your good writing skills. Just learn how to create a beginning, middle and end of a story. The start was confusing, the middle got boring, the end; well it was obvious you got tired of writing it. Only your writing kept me hoping it woukd go somewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Hey ultimate busy body! Why don't you go read something else if you don't like q's stories instead of crying here like a little girl :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Enjoying RR Saga

Greatly enjoying RR’s saga. Except Nancy, he’s made wise choices and luck’s been with him. Looking fwd to Bradshaw and Bailey, who’ll likely find ea other, getting their just desserts.

jacsrjacsrabout 6 years ago
Great Story Great Action

As I read this tale and got into the later chapters I realized that It reminded me of writings by Louis Lamour.

I will be looking forward to the story as you continue with the saga.

Thourly enjoyed all of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
2 weeks til the next chapter?

Don’t know what universe you live in but its been more than 2 weeks since the last chapter. YOu are hanging us out to dry!!

Where is chapter 3?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Rocky must be hibernating

Spring is here so Rocky, chapter 3 must not be far behind. Right?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Please ?

Great story please finish

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Don't Finish....

Just keep on writing..... ORSM story, don't stop.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 6 years ago
This story should be turned into a novel.

I believe the subtitle was also Davy Crockett’s parting words when he departed Kentucky headed for Texas and the Alamo.

Great story. I love the way you have tied together his meandering life story. I feel like I am right there with him. As for the gambler that stole his good for nothing wife, we have a saying in the South , “He deserves killing.” Thanks for turning me on to westerns.

Woodbgood

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 6 years ago
Next chapter please.

Please don’t make us wait too long for chapter three. This story is so good I would walk ten miles for the next chapter. What an accomplished writer you have become, every story keeps getting better and better.

Woodbgood

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This guy die?

It's been 3 months now. Nothing else from him either. Someone in the chat room said he died in an accident. Anyone know for sure?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
qhml1 Alive?

Q is very much alive. As far as this story goes, I refer you to the very beginning:

"Fair warning, this is probably going to be a very long story. It may take a year for me to finish it. I want to do it justice, so I'm not going to rush. For the impatient ones out there, you may want to pass it by until I have a few more chapters posted."

I, for one, am taking him at his word, and am waiting for more chapters before reading.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Thank You for a great story 5*

This is a great adventure and I am waiting for the next installment with full expectations.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Outstanding Story

Yes I will patiently wait for more of this story but, I have to place a bookmark to remember. Thanks Again.

chris2300chris2300over 5 years ago
Please continue

This has been great continue please !

PapaMikePapaMikeover 5 years ago
Two weeks?

It has been over seven months. Hope your health issues aren't what is causing the delay.

PilotshopPrincessPilotshopPrincessover 5 years ago
7 months??

Please tell me you are going to finish this one!!!???? Its your best so far! If I should stop checking everyday just let me know please.

Trailrider13Trailrider13over 5 years ago
???

You published Split Trails Ranch after the last installment of this one. ??? Will there be a final chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One suggestion,

I dont often do this because as great a writer i think i am, i still have not written anything to prove it. But in my opinion, it is sometimes confusing when shifting from the past to the present. A single line of a few astericks between paragraphs might help.

Even so, still a great story. (Third read.) Im almost sorry you decided to complete the story before posting the next section. Having all the parts posted will make it easier to read, but i hate the waiting.

At least you havent raised the price of admission.

Thanks,

Waiting anxiously,

JE

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Q, 1o mos, really?

In the meantime you have posted 4 other stories. I know the creative process is tough, and I am sure you want to get it right, and I know we are not paying anything for the entertainment and your BS&T's, but I hope you finish as this was excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
? Ending was a little abrupt and wasn’t sure if Doe Eyes and Red Deer were his wives???

Strange Ending, need another page or two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ummm

Has it been two weeks yet? I like the story and hope you will finish it.

FightingTardFightingTardover 5 years ago
A Great Tale

A wonderfully crafted tale, hopefully one day soon we shall be able to enjoy the conclusion of it.

lonecatALlonecatALover 5 years ago

I almost wish I had done what sbrooks103x did and waited for a few more chapter before reading. As usual, qhml1 weaves a great story that just sucks you in wishing for more, but of course, since I am weak, I ignored the warning and this is my second time thru reading these two chapters – I am a glutton for punishment…

Thanks for all the efforts and I am definitely looking forward to the next installments.

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 5 years ago
Still Good Writing

So, it's been awhile and I suppose things happen. I think was worth reading even if it never get's another chapter...but another chapter would be nice.

g912493g912493over 5 years ago
01/05/2019

Typically great qhml1 story, great but it appears your 2 weeks is measured differently then mine.

Still a great story, please continue

gperry2843gperry2843over 5 years ago
Still waiting,

for this story to continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nicely done....

I was hoping for a longer chapter.

jackh1962jackh1962over 5 years ago
subtitle?

Are you referring to the Sam Elliot movie by that name or the expression gone to Texas?By the way I hope that you will return to and finish this story soon.I'd like to see how ends.

OmniferisOmniferisabout 5 years ago
next chapter

Are you going to finish this?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story. Where is the next chapters?

Great story. Love to see more

rastageorgerastageorgealmost 5 years ago
Beatles song, Duh! White album!

And Rocks Can't die! Explosives don't kill'em; guns only Scratch'em!

FightingTardFightingTardalmost 5 years ago
Please Sir

As Tiny Tim is want to say “Please Sir, I want some more.”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More!!!

Great story so far!! need to see it thru!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
FINISH?

Since about 7 submissions have followed after Rocky Raccoon, I assumed it would not be finished.

However, in a comment, 7-18-18, on Split Trails Ranch (another western), qhml1 states that he will finish Rocky Raccoon, that 3 chapters are written, and that 5 to 7 are intended, but that none will be submitted until all are finished.

Wish I had known beforehand, as I normally do not start a series that I know is unfinished.

Paul in Oklahoma

Jameswarren1Jameswarren1almost 5 years ago
Liked it

Would like to see the story finished. It started great and got better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Conclusion?

Would love to read the rest of this. It's been over 1 1/2 years since you posted this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Ending ?

Please finish this story..

How many other stories have no ending..

Is it worth starting to read them ? S

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 5 years ago
I hope he "smoked" the bitch!

Probably the best ending possible. It was too bad he didn't get Don Carlos' daughter.

Definitely Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please finish this story

Please finish this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Shame

Shame leaving the story half finished 1*

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago

Please finish, come on qhml1 come back and get these stories done. Love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hanging there

I usually think your story's go too far. Like how many grandchildren they ended up with duh who cares. But this just left me hanging.

I like your writing its very entertaining but I wouldn't have read this if I knew it wasn't done.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
More

Looking good do far.

Robyn1859Robyn1859over 4 years ago
Finale?

are you going to finish this?

Please.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Waiting patiently

Qhml1, i love your style and have read all your stories, am waiting patiently for you to finish it.

Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

good story, but when are you going to finish it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well

Well,where is the next part?.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Superb story! Looking forward to reading 📚 the rest!

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22about 4 years ago
Okay but!

The one thing that’s not acceptable is an unfinished story. Shame

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I always thought Rocky...

Died in the song. I just put on the white album to figure out the ending.

Loved the story. Hope its finished? George RR Martin?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wtf. This is unfinished.

I expect far better from q.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Where is the “rest of the story”

I enjoyed you story and would have given you 5 stars but more than anything, I hate reading part of a story and wondering what happened to it. Hope you didn’t suffer a problem that keeps you from finishing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5

Despite the virtue signaling in the Don Carlos portion of the story. The treatment inverted Texan/Mexican relations. It was generally the Mexicans who were the criminal element along the border. The Texans were just tougher, and the Rangers often had to send detachments to the border to stop the depredations of Mexican criminals.

As for the rest of the story, I believe the author is in ill health. I hope that he is well enough one day to finish this outstanding story....or that another FTDS comes along.

Bo47Bo47almost 4 years ago
Good until it isn't

Page 4 needs lots a work Q old man. Should lay off whatever you were on when you wrote that one.. Rewrite and rhat long promised next chapter would be much appreciated.

D. Lin.

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Please Finish

I am so invested in this story, I'm begging here, please finish this one.

sandy77sandy77almost 4 years ago
Where is the rest

Don't state another chapter and not deliver. It is an ok story but needs a strong finish. Why go in the direction of a mail order bride when a line of Doeeyes or Maria or both would be equally enjoyable. Sorry but this one started well and went sideways.

gnfitchgnfitchalmost 4 years ago
Next????

I have been reading your stories for a long time. I don't usually comment however I always vote.

I don't hide under Anonymous, I like your work very much.

Today is 894 days since you posted Rocky Raccoon Ch. 2, you wrote next chapter in 2 weeks so that is 880 days past promised date. You have written and posted 15 other stories since RR2, is there going to be a finish of this story? That's all I am asking. You are one of my 5 favorite authors.

jeh2ndjeh2ndalmost 4 years ago
incomplete

I have enjoyed reading "Rocky Racoon". What there is of it is well written but it is incomplete. Are you the same way?

jeh2nd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Incomplete

For the first time, I am disappointed in you as an author. Part 2 was completed in January of 2018. It is an incomplete story. Still incomplete and no part 3 by June 2020. Guess I need to check ahead to last part of future readings to be sure I am not wasting my time on a partially completed story. First time I have given anything less than 4 or 5. 1*

Bookworm1962Bookworm1962almost 4 years ago
Thank you!

Kind Author, I thank you for the gift of your well-designed stories, interesting characters, and enjoyable plots. I say "gift" for I recognize them as precisely that: valuable items freely given, without expectation of remuneration. I, too, would enjoy reading more about Rocky, foolish Nancy and the rest of your cast, but I know you are under no obligation to accommodate. I'm amazed by the number of foolish people who believe that a gift-giver is somehow obligated to provide still more gifts. I, kind sir, do not share that heresy.

Besides, I have read enough of your other stories, and your comments, that I fear for the reason behind the stoppage. If you can read this, please accept my thanks for your stories, and my best wishes for your good health. If, as I fear, you are beyond reading or ever again putting pen to paper, please accept my prayers for peace in your chosen hereafter, and my thanks for the gifts you left behind. You will be missed.

johsunjohsunalmost 4 years ago

Good story! The 'Gone to Texas' was, according to wiki, the title of later editions of the book. Which surprised me since that was the title of the book when I read it.

I hope you get around to the rest of the story. I like the way you write.

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

Been two years , please finish!

jimmac44jimmac44over 3 years ago
2 weeks has turned into 2 years

Please finish this! It is a great story so far!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Chapterotic 3?

Where is it?

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 3 years ago

Were the hell is the rest of the story. +!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Where are you Rocky

Love your stories!! Will we ever see chapter 3??

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 3 years ago
"Gone to Texas"

The phrase "Gone to Texas," usually abbreviated "G.T.T.," goes back long before the book. Many small farmers and others, to escape burdens of debt caused by the panic of 1837, lit out for a new start in Texas, which was then an independent republic. Those trying to collect the debt would find nobody home, and "G.T.T." scrawled on the door.

GA

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gone To Texas

Is the basis for the Clint Eastwood movie "The Outlaw Josey Wales". One of my all time favourite movies.

ltpw

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 3 years ago

Like chapter 1, I re-read this to be ready to read chapter 3. I don't judge stories by "what I would do" as the person in the story, but, I will say, I'd have done some of this very differently were it to have been me lol. But, that is part of what is fun about stories. What did they do, what do you feel about that? What might you have done? The contrast is fun.

.

Like chapter 1, this is a solid 5*. I totally enjoyed it again as a re-read. Very much looking forward to the following chapters... and now... ON TO 3 (woooohoooo).

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

As usual this story is very intriguing and typical Q. I had a problem reading and following the flipping of time periods then back to current time. The transitions were too abrupt and lost me a few times in both Part 1 & 2. There were at least 3 grammar/fat-finger errors but not severe enough to loose reading flow.

/

Again a big story jump (just in the last few paragraphs). How did Rocky escape the flames of his house burning - the secret mine trap door?

/

4* due to the various story jumps, Hooyah, salute.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gone To Texas

A great book by Forrest Carter, in my youth I went to see The Outlaw Josey Wells, I was sat in the small cinema in rural Lincolnshire UK, watching the film when I suddenly realised I knew what was happening aid read the book years before.

Great story by the way!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Moving Along Nicely

It's coming together well.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Time for a double killing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Fine

Mighty fine writing...

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Great story as was Josy Wales which I've watched several times. Keep writin'!

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

Quite clever title. Well done! Finn

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 2 years ago

"Gone to Texas" was a book written by Forrest Carter which later was made into a Clint Eastwood movie titled "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am in total agreement with the comments from MarkT63. God continuation

5*

BJ

skruff101skruff1018 months ago

“Gone to Texas” may well have been the title of a book but the term had been in use since the 1800’s notably by Sam Huston and a myriad of others.

As for Rocky well it just proves that this author knows how to write. Years ago these sort of stories would be referred to as ‘ripping yarns’ and this is an excellent example of the genre.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Gone To Texas was a saying back in the day; also a Sam Elliot movie (I have a copy).

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Oh yea, Clint Eastwoods movie was based on the book The Rebel Outlaw: Josey Wales and yes Carter wrote the book! (got that movie too) Thanks Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES