All Comments on 'Room Wanted Ch. 02'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
A great chapter

This story I love and each chapter gets more interesting.

It is clear that the children and grandmother approve the relationship between Ron and Naomi, but it seems that Ron does not decide to take the final step.

I understand that the intervention of social services is the work of Hillary, I do not think it is a matter of the older brothers of Naomi, although everything is possible ...

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Too many "Darling"s

Do people in the UK outside show business really say Darling all the time?

bigbob2406bigbob2406almost 7 years ago

This story is getting better and better.Looking forward to the next instalment.To the anonymous one asking about the use of darling it is a common term of endearment here.Nothing unusual about it at all........darling !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Whoa! Amazing Update

Please update soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another 5-Star chapter -USAF Vet

“It's English English', not American English, sorry for any confusion but we were here first.” Perhaps, but, WE PERFECTED IT!

This just keeps getting better & better. I’ve taught EE, both in the AF and at the college level plus written training, operator & maintenance manuals so I know the amount of effort it takes to produce at this level. If only I had your creativity?

Thanks again for another excellent read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a wonderful story!

I have fallen in love with these characters! Fabulous job! Can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Aplause

I have enjoyed your previous stories but this is a cracker. Brilliant just keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very GOOD

Great characters , great story line. Continue Please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
brilliant story

what a cliffhanger! hope its not to long to see where this allegation is going

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Some minor editing/continuity issues, but I have thoroughly enjoyed both chapters. I hope there is more coming and soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love it!!

It was so easy to get enthralled with the characters. The story was well written and different from what I'm use to reading. Please continue!!! Hopefully we don't have to wait long for a new chapter. It's too good to wait!

nreh21nreh21almost 7 years ago
5 Stars

Loving this story, cant wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Perfect Read

I check for new chapters everday!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loving it!

Great Story, love the plot

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
If she is being interviewed under caution

she is entitled to representation. If she is being interviewed in response to direct accusations she is entitled to representation. If her interview is being recorded she is entitled to representation.

No matter what country in which this is set it's time for mum and Rob to send a solicitor to her aid and tell her to STFU till further notice.

Do I have to mention how much I hate cliff hangers.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Re: English vs English

Perfected? Not Even!

What makes you think your version of the locally modified version of the Queen's English is better than Canada, Australia, South Africa, Jamaica, Hong Kong, or any of the other parts of the Common Wealth?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
English vs English

While she was "stood"

While she was "sat"

... is incorrect English in all those countries including UK. It is spoken, but wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
AIN'T NO PROBLEM

There are 2 things wrong with the "English" in my title. But we all know what it means, which is the point of language -- to let people know what you mean.

While "ain't" is wrong, it's used in popular or bluecollar song, poem and speech (here in America). Double negatives (ain't no) are also "wromg," but often used without loss of comprehension. You know, I just enjoy the (good) stories. BUT I DON'T ENJOY THE GRAMMAR POLICE. OK, some help is appreciated by authors. But I don't care for nitpicking when the meaning is understood. Besides, sometimes breaking the "rule" of language is useful. As Winston Churchill said, "A preposition is not a good word to end a sentence with" (help for some: "with" is a preposition).

I like the exotic flavor of British English.

It is amazing to me that someone can imagine and then put into such wonderful words a tale so charmingly heartwarming as this. Obviously 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 5 years ago
Forget the Anony-droids.

I found the chapter delightful and you ended it at the perfect moment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic story

Although I'm not a fan of the last little bit. It's not believable or realistic. Almost seems like throwing in some drama and tension for the sake of wanting drama and tension instead of being part of the flow of the story.

Oh well. Other than the last scene it was a great story.

netgnosticnetgnosticover 4 years ago
Eat?

"Everyone took a go with the tree while Paul disappeared to his room, exhausted by his day's work, returning only to eat his tea and admire the balance that the tree had been decorated with, and he only re-arranged a few baubles."

:D Only the English can eat their tea.

Just teasing! Love Britannia, love the story!

TJReader28TJReader28almost 3 years ago

I am an American and read and enjoy this story partially because of the British english.

For the rest I enjoy it for the wonderful characters and story.

Thank you

Rapier875Rapier875about 2 years ago

Another wonderful chapter !

Rapier

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

mostly rubbish concerning social services as divorced women (ex's) can have the boyfriend openly living her and poor smucks ex-husband not able to do anything. Perhaps social services is paying Rob, like a foster parent but he adopted all the kids, so what is their problem? Of course, it's his ex-wife making the complaint. Why would his ex-wife be in his house Christmas Day for more than just a few minutes?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Definite whole in this plot line. If Darrel is school Principal and friend of Rob why wouldn't he call Rob and clue him in?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Rob isn’t that great… he didn’t want the baby, so he wants her to take the morning after pill yet he expects her to take care of his 5 kids?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories