All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 11-15'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

It's been a long week waiting. Glad to finally see another part. Love the chapter description. lol We have another letter but no closer to a solution.

They should be able to recover that bullet somewhere close by. If it didn't hit anything too solid they may get something. Caliber, weight, twist rate, rifling marks. I'll assume the flash Rose and Gunny saw was light reflecting off an optic. Sloppy. Bad firing position aiming into the morning sun. Probably didn't have a sunshade or killflash either. Off the shelf hunting equipment?

That note seems to indicate a human with a definite grudge. If it isn't a misdirection. But they knew they were leaving it as a direct message to their opponents in this game. War widow? Mother? Don't know, but losing a mate or a child could be enough motivation for homicidal vengeance.

Rose is now a very personal target for them. That last line also puts Charlotte's ass in the crosshairs. She would be a 2 for 1. Kill a race-traitor and hurt Rose (the current top race traitor) all in one shot as it were. They need to keep Charlotte on pack land and indoors for maximum safety.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 6 years ago

Honestly I can see a few possible people as the shooter. First off a war widow. Then there is the possibly of a woman who lost her husband to a were mate. Hell it could even be a cop or active military who is pissed that they didn't finish the war to the death with the weres. Possibly having to kill a friend after they got bit.

But from the sounds of it someone wants to restart the war. My gut says this is going to get ugly before it gets better. As to the clues, christ, its a mother. I'm thinking this woman is giving first word in a seantance but what that is I don't have the first bloody idea.

partwolfpartwolfover 6 years agoAuthor
Sorry about the delay

This chapter set a record in a bad way, it was 8 days from submission to publication... the admins must be backed up with holiday stories. Next chapter is already in, probably will come out in a day or two.

The killer is taunting them with the clues, it will be revealed, it's a matter of how many die along the way. On Wattpad user Part2Wolf for this story, a contest is still running as of today with a $25 gift card to the person who solves it. You can read ahead there if you want because here I have to bundle chapters to get a decent length.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Another thought on the Charlotte front. They could try up close and personal if they can sneak past Josh to get her (kill or kidnap). Disabling a camera should draw his attention but what if they pull a movie move? Somehow tap into the signal from 1 or more cameras, record that signal and play it back in a loop when they chop the connection. Doubt the school has overlapping cameras so it would just be a matter of slipping past the first one. The woman may be able to get access some other way, impersonating a parent or an employee? Charlotte is out of Josh's reach in the restroom or the locker room making them the best locations short of a sniper shot from somewhere on property. But any of these possibles require a troubling detail. Without surveillance and planning, they would need someone on the inside or access to the school records/schedule in the system to know when and where to make their move. Snatching Charlotte would be a huge blow to many, especially Rose, Gunny and Josh.

The_Crazy_One,

Imagine if it is a mother who lost a child in the initial school attack of the war? Or a teacher? Perhaps both. That's the kind of stuff to cause post traumatic stress. Faking an application to teach at the school could give access. Hell, if they're short on teachers I can imagine a tour given to impress the possible employee. They would know how the union and system works to play it right. But this extreme idea of mine also would be the beginning of the end. Interaction with people means witnesses with descriptions afterwards. It also would give clues to knowledge or if she was dumb and actually came in as 'herself' then it would be a focused search.

OOooooooo another tv like thought. The suspect gets interviewed by the FBI as part of the investigation and say Craig catches a whiff of her on the pile of statements. That would be another right before the end sort of thing. lol

partwolf,

I wondered what happened. I did notice that many other sections had little to no updates either during the week. 1 or 2 stories would be it. Some have regular big loads of stories or they come in bursts.

DaniellaxmjtsDaniellaxmjtsover 6 years ago
Another great chapter

Thank you for another great chapter. Great writing, great content...love this series. Thank you for keeping us fed regularly with chapters in this story.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 6 years ago
Just On Charlotte's Backpack is Not Good Enough

It's too easy to separate someone from their backpack. She needs tracers on & in her body. Now we know at least one of the shooters is female, having blind spots in the ladies' restrooms and showers is foolish.

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

another great on she called him Daddy:)

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Winding up nicely still

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2308 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 06-10 Previous Part
Rose Series Info