All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 16-20'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
DaniellaxmjtsDaniellaxmjtsover 6 years ago
OMG! So good!

I loved all the elements of this story. The humor so good that I literally laughed out loud in many of the funny humorous parts! I really liked the part about how she was going to make him her bitch for the night! That is so great! What humor! With Gunny Being a very alpha male, we all know they will never be equal yet I love the humor of it all.

The story is moving at a good pace, well written once again.

Good second story about the daughter and Josh, the consequences of their actions if they let their sex, mating go too far. That is a good parallel to kids today.

Keep writing and feeding us this story, I am already starving for more!

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

So Renee is the ultimate target. That could be a big list to search with the war. Search the KIA list for Renee's pack area, for ones with spouses, girlfriends or sisters. The Gary's parents theory would be pushing the age limit for breeding age so it's unlikely.

Hmm, I can think of one that might make someone extra bitter. The rescue helo. Imagine, her man didn't take lives, he saved them. But he gets kill by a suicide bomber under Renee's command. A lot of reading to go through the Were War and everything since to find any point a human grudge could have been created by Renee directly. Have to see what list Renee comes up with.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

The mates at the checkpoint said a red pickup was approaching. The girl was shot from a vehicle taller than her neon. They need to go back thru the traffic searches for a red pickup. They should not make the evidence public or she will not use it again. The packs should be advised and the investigation team. But, if any of the feds or locals leak the info to the press they will lose a possible edge.

If the hair wasn't a wig they know the color and cut from the hotel vid. Easily changed or covered with a wig if the physical description is leaked as well.

If more killings fail to motivate Renee, the suspect could abduct someone and send threatening vids or a live video conference / execution to push her enough.

rewski84rewski84over 6 years ago
Enrique?

So where or what's happened to Enrique? Rose told him to go back to Utah in Ch. 11-15. His skills could certainly be very useful right now, so why is he MIA?

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 6 years ago

Good god damn this killer has to be getting help. No way a single person or even a two person team could be pulling this together. Too many targets and a shit ton of travel on top of the training needed to pull this off. I'm honestly starting to wonder if this a rouge CIA unit with LEO contacts.

As to Josh and Charlotte they need to cool their horses. They got to wait less than a year, then they get a life time of being together. Why fuck that up?

As to that sex, well Gunny is going to get even sooner or later. But Rose made her point.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

rewski84,

Maybe he'll pop up with an important discovery.

The_Crazy_One,

Travel distances between attacks would be an endurance test. They had to travel by car. Flying around checking a rifle and or handgun thru TSA on each flight should be something a massive search might pick up on. Even watching rental car traffic between areas would be a tip off. Both are also exceedingly expensive. I'll guess they are trying to be as low key and inexpensive in their operation as possible. Smart enough to use stolen vehicles in the target areas. I do wonder though if the red pickup is the woman's truck.

We currently have no clue as to how long this person/these people have been planning. It could go back a long way. I wonder if in addition to the girl other targets have online presences? The hotel victim was a horndog and the tourist women may have told tales online of getting banged by a Were at such and such resort. The internet may help them identify and locate some of their targets. Others could have been just targets of opportunity as a probing attack on specific packs to leave the letters and gauge reactions.

If they are using the net to select, Josh's twitter may give them both himself and Charlotte. He posted her fight vid. If the dumb ass named her or called her his mate... He also gave away her skills so any attacker wouldn't underestimate her.

I wonder if she has vids of all the killings. That shit could cause a lot of pain to the packs and Renee.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Letters

Has anyone else noticed that there are no vowels in all of the tiles? SO, at this point they can't make any English words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
My guess about the killer

Linda Remington

I know, I know - Craig smelled the lady killer and as he has met Linda, he would have known her, but didn't identify her. (They met when Linda interviewed Ella and Craig when they were hiding on the island.)

She's known Renee for a long time, and has helped her in the past - and could have killed her already, as Linda's had ample opportunities. But as true revenge, she wants Renee to suffer.

So why do I think it's Linda?

1) She was Capt. Johnson's girlfriend before he met Renee and mated her. In fact, Linda was surprised/shocked when Renee was introduced as "his wife".

2) She was turned were by her mate Andy, who scented her as his mate - but does Linda love Andy as much as he loves her?

3) She's intelligent and would know all about weres.

4) Enrique could be helping her as he was forcibly turned by his mate, when he was in danger of losing his life (theory being that as a were, he'd be able to heal). Did Enrique really want to be turned (even though he's apparently crazy for his mate)?

5) Yes, I know she has no sniper experience, nor does Enrique (I think), BUT she's well known enough, and trusted, for the 16-year-old girl to roll down her window to talk to Linda.

6) As to moving around, if not Enrique, could Andy (Linda's mate) be helping her? I would think he's loyal to weres, but he was booted from his pack (by Derek, Renee's brother) for turning Linda without the Alpha's (Derek's) permission. He and Linda then joined Renee's pack, but could that have led to resentment?

I do know there's more holes in my theory (never mind that I haven't figured out the Scrabble clues), but Linda is an intriguing possibility, no?

luv2read2

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Of course the no vowels were noticed. Scrabble isn't my thing so I don't have a clue at the moment. The point values are perhaps interesting. It does sort of form a phone number but with a service code. 111-441-3114.

Luv2read2,

That is a twisted theory. It goes counter to the character in everything. You've just turned her into Senator Palpatine. Hiding in the background waiting to execute order 66. LOL Only 2 there are, a master and an apprentice. (yoda voice) lol

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Luv2,

I'll tip my hat if your right but that would not be a pleasant turn. I think the drama level is going to go through the roof as it is without such a core betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Kim Corrigan?

In 'Between the Were Wars' Ch.6 Kim Corrigan's body was never mentioned as being found, William Post did asked for a pardon for her death, but as far as I could tell she was just "missing". She was never searched for and stripped of a phone. She could have painstakingly removed stones one by one until she freed herself or waited and phoned for help. She would certainly hold a grudge, be of the right age, know she was "officially" dead and have $$ and IOU help from the cartel. With plastic surgery, or just good makeup an a wig, and changing her name and photo on her real DEA ID, she could fly with a gun.

partwolfpartwolfover 6 years agoAuthor
For luv2readlit

It can't be Linda Remington. Craig scented the killer, she was human not werewolf, and since they had met before he would have recognized the scent.

Figure out the puzzle and you get the answer, points are meaningless you have to figure out what the letters form and you have no vowels yet.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

partwolf,

I thought luv2's idea was bizarre but a theory is a theory. The human smell problem could actually have been explained away rather easily. Ok, scratch that theory Luv2, got any more?

Shame my points idea was a flop as well. Darn it. Would have been cool for the bad woman to taunt them once they figured out she had given a line. Oh well i guess.

Are the letters, and thusly the words, at least in order as you have written? TTTHHRMSLV Or was that just a grouping in letter quantity order as it appears? That isn't even in the order as discovered in the story. I don't think that order is from the oldest to newest murder. I would think the chronological murder order would determine the message. Without that, it's virtually pointless unless she planned it wouldn't be pieced together until she had murdered enough for every letter of every word to be found and juggled until the message was formed.

Discovered order - TTHTHRMSLV

Ella's pack, Renee's pack, Telluride, Cascade, Adirondack, Gunny shot, Superior, Kansas City

The actual murder chronology is different i think.

Anonymous,

I don't think Kim was under rocks small enough to be moved by hand. It could, of course, be checked on. Should be a decayed corps laying there with that knife or just a severed leg if i remember that part correctly.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Thinking more on the Kim Corrigan idea. Both legs could be amputated which could play into the truck used in 2 of the murders. Trucks and vans are best to modify for a cripple. With the bag of money left by her, she could have afforded to buy a wheelchair accessible vehicle. Might also explain the shots taken from roads and alleys with quick vehicular escape. That money would also cover flights, food or fuel expenses without popping up on credit sweeps. Interesting coincidence, which is probably nothing, but Ella's truck was originally red.

Who else would be high on a personal vengeance list? Enrique, Maria and Caleb. Let's say Kim also wants the war restarted hoping to kill all Weres and get access to the buried money again. All Weres are probably identified now so if it came to a fight the feds know all the individual targets and their packs. Two of the most valuable targets short of alphas would be Enrique and Josh. Their skills have saved the day before and threaten anyone moving against Weres.

It might be interesting to see what knowledge or special skills the killed Weres had. Might be nothing, but if they also had important knowledge and abilities it could show a pattern as well as show a sniper's mindset. Officers, communications, heavy weapons and so on down the list in importance.

partwolfpartwolfover 6 years agoAuthor
Contest mentioned earlier is over

A reader has solved the puzzle of what the scrabble pieces mean.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Good for them. Congrats to whomever it was. Come on Lit reviewer(s) we need more approved chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not in Nebraska

A few flaws to be pointed out, should you ever decide to edit this into a book. If it is 40 degrees outside, there wouldn’t be corn in the fields. Maybe dead seed corn, but probably not, because Superior is so close to Kansas it would more likely be wheat. Also, there really aren’t many 4 way stop country roads. A typical farming family from Nebraska would be over weight Czechs, trust me on this one. Plus, kolaches, not danishes. Also, if you knew the mentality of this midwestern state, you would know they’d never, ever broadcast a murder video over local television. They’re too damn conservative, republican Christians.

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

1 star, if I could give it a.000001 star I would, I have read all of your works, and loved them until this fucking horrible fucked up bullshit!!!!! I don't know if you hate men or why you took a cool chick Rose and turned her into a piece of shit, but that was totally fucked up, rot in hell!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Every now and then using he/she in situation where there are more than one possible persons it could refer to.

But generally speaking you do know how to make a good story. So good that I am still reading even though I am not really into action.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Don't have a clue, I'd have to read all the stories again. Great writing and an enjoyable read.

James_DuncanJames_Duncan11 months ago

Sorry but the last part with Rose and Gunny was rather off putting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 11-15 Previous Part
Rose Series Info