All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 50-52'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Happy Dance

💃💃💃💃

This js going to be sooooo good

I can't wait for the next installment

DaniellaxmjtsDaniellaxmjtsover 6 years ago
Very good!

Waiting for the next chapters, story is moving along nicely.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Excellent Flow

The story is developing well and moving fast. Nice work. Seems there was a little name mix up with Charlotte/Jane in the Carl in the pool scene but no harm done. Story still moved on.

swr47swr47over 6 years ago
Good Climax

A super ending to a chapter. Plus a were-mountain lion hired killer for a plot twist! Wires working against the packs. Who can they trust?

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago
Love the Ghostbusters line for the chapter description.

Ok, now we know the Cell has shifters working for them. Well, had at least one. They will need to be careful with him and make sure this is legit. Josh and Al felt he was a beta. Could he be pulling back enough to give a false impression? I ask that because it has been said in partwolf's stories about an alpha projecting his or her power to get control and calm things or that they pull it back. That skill could be useful to an assassin. Especially if one could pull it back all the way.

The other couple may have a similar story. I wonder if the Cell is using threats to family to make shifters work for them? Sounds like mountain lions are rare in the Were world as far as wolves are concerned. How did they make it through the war? Perhaps taken by the Cell back then? Used for research?

Now two frustrated couples have months to go.

Anticipation….it's.. making them wait.

With Jane's threat to Carl's balls publicly known it should calm Josh's desire to hurt the "Man Whore". LOL

Ross, Lisa and Patricia better be careful on the way. Keep Lisa hidden and disguised or she could be recognized. Hope there aren't any other werecougar like Charlie assigned to find and kill her. They may not recognize the scent until it's too late. Hopefully in such a case Lisa's change is also a surprise. She will be surprised and happy for Rose expecting 4. I wonder if Patricia will find her man on the trip?

So much for this story ending around the first of the year eh partwolf? lol Or did you mean jan 2019? :) He's the crazy ride operator. Here we are thinking the roller coaster was slowing down for the ride to end for a bit. Then we see the operator looks like a Juggalo and "Tilt-a-Whirl" starts blaring.

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsover 6 years ago
Oh You!!!! A Damn good cliffhanger!

I hate cliffhangers! Another great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What the heck was Charlie Stillwater thinking?

He clearly knew that his job was illegal - yet he decided to do it anyway. Why? To get revenge against humans killing weres? I'm assuming as a mountain lion were, Charlie is unaware of pack life - but I think he'd know that trespassing onto pack lands to kill a human, while in custody - would be taken very badly by the pack. And now he wants asylum because he thinks he and his family are targeted? How stupid can he be? If whoever hired him is fine with killing "expendables" aka Maitea and Luis, shouldn't Charlie also have figured out that somehow would be hired to bump him off, another "expendable", as well?

It's obvious I feel very little sympathy for Charlie himself, though I think targeting his family is wrong. But I'm guessing the Alphas will be willing to listen, especially since he may be able to help them track the "puppet master" who wants to restart the were war.

luv2read2

big65dawguwbig65dawguwover 6 years ago
Charlie

I wouldn't get to upset about Charlie taking out Maitea , all Weres probably wanted her dead & being a cougar & a loner he more than likely didn't understand the Pack's need for justice by their rules . She was just a Were Killer & had to die . We don't know yet who approached him & if they have some hold over him . I'm not to clear if the other couple was his family or if the Cell is holding them or some other family member . At the very least he can lead them up the ladder to the Cell ,. He never came on Pack lands to kill Luis , so that is moot . As to if he's a secret Alpha I'm not sure a cougar can be an Alpha since they don't live in packs , just a guess there . So they really have nothing to lose & a lot to gain in listening to his story .

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Luv2,

If the story is true, I'm sure Charlie knows someone will come for him. Hopefully he knows many details of the Cell. I guess they knew Luis and Maitea's operational cell was done as soon as word was out she had been captured and the warrant(s) for Luis had been issued. If Luis had been taken away by the marshals he could have been reached like she was. Same for the the law firm getting him turned over. I suspect that was the plan. To hit both of them in human custody, not on pack land. The pack keeping him threw a monkey wrench in that plan.

Calling Josh direct to issue the threat is still a curious move. Reverse psychology? Pushing them to make moves they can't take back? The law firm's moves forced their hand and might cause a shift in the public's view of Weres. That would be a step closer to the war again.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

big65dawguw,

You have a point. Maybe it's a just cat thing. I was considering if he was being deceptive perhaps they were also underestimating him by not perceiving his strength accurately. Gunny did jump to his feet but it may just be his overprotectiveness. He and Craig would be the best judges I suppose. I agree that they have to hear him out, confirm what they can of his info and talk to the others as well.

I may have misunderstood "I need help to get them back". He did say that he and his family thank them for the audience, formally request asylum and offer information to make it worth it. Could "get them back" just be paybacks and not actually rescuing? His motivations are still in question. Is the change of sides just a betrayal because of a betrayal?

ThecoffeeprincessThecoffeeprincessover 6 years ago
Loving it so far

Everytime it seems like things are starting to become clear you go and throw another stone in the pool and make it harder to see how it turns out. Now I have to wait to find out more. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Name issue

Confused about the beginning where Charlotte is Josh's sister. Other than that no complaints.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Charlie's introduction

I’m intrigued with your new character Charlie Stillwater. I was wondering the other day if other species of Weres are out there and if there where say Were Mountain Lions they would most likely be of Native American decent and low and behold Charlie is introduced. Now the question is are there other species out there in your world? Were bears maybe? Also with all the raw talented people you are gathering, perhaps a Were FBI pack could be formed under the guidance of the Council? Thanks again for this saga; I look forward to each new chapter.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Anon,

Were bears would be a new one. I imagine they would be very few in number and even more unknown. Picturing a large mountain man hermit type.

A Were FBI pack would be a hard sell at the moment. That would require more trust and cooperation than is currently available. Granted, they would probably make excellent crime scene investigators. The packs might not mind eventually if someone such as Rose was in charge of said pack. Hmm, from the way it looks, her and Gunny's pack will be uniquely qualified for such a job. It would give the pack an income since they will be new and not independently wealthy like the known packs of the were war world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
oddball

common practice in circumstances like this. have somebody kill a target and then get rid of the killer. once they're dead get rid of the body and you no longer have a trail that leads back to you. also it keeps them from talking about what they know, which is happening right now.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Anon,

I can't disagree with the logic. Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead. These do seem to be questionable moves for a deep dark group. Maitea's execution, while effective, was like setting off a flare. Nothing subtle in a slit throat. A Were can of course slip their claws past a weapon search but you can't play it off as natural causes or a complication from her injuries. The call to Josh as well. Talk about announcing oneself. Could a lesser operative have overstepped their bounds making that call? If so I'd say that person is a dead man as well. If it was Charlie, no wonder he'd have his head on the block but josh should have recognized the voice when he talked to him. The attempt on Lisa as well. What, they aren't powerful enough to arrange a horrific auto accident? These moves come across like a group of limited size and power scrambling at damage control. It isn't yet known if things were carelessly sloppy or deliberately sloppy for some bizarre reason.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Lisa should be arriving anytime having been on the road for 3 days. It should be surprises both ways as she learns of Rose expecting four and they learn Lisa is now an alpha.

Jane and Charlotte could become thick as thieves being both in the same boat. Two top hackers soon to be family. The brainstorming those two should be able to do will make them tougher opponents to the Cell. Hopefully whatever Charlie offers up gives them something to go on.

Patricia has places to go and people to sniff. lol

Hopefully the next chapter is on the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I agree Oddball68

Yes Oddball68, I agree, waiting for the next chapter is always too long. I must admit Partwolf does deliver and on a regular basis.

I still think there is a lot of talent spread through the different packs that if brought together into one pack could truly be effective. You have two top hackers, Enrique from the NSA, and Linda Remington coming into the picture. Along with Gunny, Rose, and Lars right within this pack. It seems to me that a research and intelligence pack with quick response teams would benefit all the US packs. The Weres nation is its own entity within the US boards, it should have some form of intelligence gathering just for its own defense. We will just have to wait and see what Partwolf has up his sleeve for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Get a fridge magnet with a list of names

Is Jane Charlotte ?

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Anon,

He does make some goofs at times which can leave one puzzled. Volunteers for proofreading line up outside the circle. Last man standing gets proofreader job and the joy of being the first reader. (just a joke but oh to get first dibs. lol)

Jane - wolf - Josh's sister - Carl's mate

Carl - human - hacker "Black Diamond" - Josh's "Man Whore" friend - Jane's mate

Josh - wolf - hacker - Jane's brother - Charlotte's mate

Charlotte - human - "The Nutcracker" - Rose & Gunny's daughter - Josh's mate

Rose - panther - El Paso alpha- former FBI - Charlotte's mother - Gunny's mate

Gunny - panther - - El Paso alpha - Marine Scout Sniper - "Rico Suave" - Charlotte's stepdad - Rose's mate

Lisa - wolf - Thurmont alpha - wanted fugitive - whitehouse council - Rose's friend & ex boss - Ross' mate

Ross - wolf - Thurmont alpha - Lisa's mate

Patricia - wolf - Thurmont beta - former acting Luna - Ross' sister

Ron - wolf - Thurmont beta

Charlie - mountain lion - Cell operative

The list could go on forever if you go through all partwolf's related stories and characters.

catman71catman71about 6 years ago
going great

the mistakes ( charlotte and jane) i get, i see things like that in publish novels by big name authors , the fact that right at the end, a shifter is who the cell used to kill the sniper, says to me that nor only is this deep state, but a shifter or more involved ( power play from outside USA, power play to get control of deep state. and a PB and J ,with tuna, not even the weirdest thing a pregnant woman could eat, and the one i know of, will not share, do not want people turning green at thought ( i made it once or twice, when the person in questions husband was not home), only one brave ( or crazy enough) to do it .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
catman71

actually charlotte is josh's mate and jane is josh's sister. not really a mistake.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 4 years ago
Wow

Nice twist I did not see that one coming What a great series. Your writing skills have gotten better and the stories more complex. If you want to quibble there are some grammar errors but Don’t detract me from the story.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Should have guessed but didn't see that coming - Maitea's killer.

A great line: "and if you even THINK of cheating on me I'll have your balls for earrings. Am I clear?"

And I loved the PB and tuna sandwich piece: "My snack is ready, I'll see you in a few minutes," I said. Walking into the house, I sat at the table where Gunny had placed my sandwich and a glass of milk. He was still in the kitchen, pretending to clean up, but I knew he just couldn't watch me eat this sticky, fishy goodness. I gobbled it down, washing it down with milk, then took the plate to the dishwasher. "Thank you, baby," I said as I kissed him. For some reason, he didn't want a tongue kiss.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I luv ur stories. Best most professional read here. One thing. Ever been pregnant n nauseous? Ur not giving a BJ in that situation. Ud vomit all over him. Course some guys like that. Just a "heads up."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 46-49 Previous Part
Rose Series Info