All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 53-57'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Glad to see another chapter. It is a real mess now. Lisa is going to need the assistant AG's help to take down his boss and issue arrest and search warrants as needed to hopefully nail every one of them. With this attack starting now, the Zetas are going to know it's on. They will try using their tools in the agencies and administration. Those tools need removed. If surveillance can catch them getting orders it's one more piece in their convictions. They need their support people to go dark. Hopefully everyone being held as leverage is in this location or there could be more rescue missions needed. Those leveraged will fight in order to save kin making them difficult to catch and control.

The packs of the alphas at the pool party may be able to catch some. They also may be able to lend warriors to the immediate fight that is likely to flare up as a result of this raid. The president could support things with more firepower than the Zeta's could dream of.

I can only guess at the moment that the plan to protect the Tucson pack might work a bit differently than planned. Somehow or other, directly or indirectly, alpha Carlos could complain, warn, alert, that his pack lands had been crossed by an unknown force. If that intel went past one of the Zeta assets they would get word and figure Carlos wasn't involved and thusly no revenge required against him for the attack. A plan like that should have been timed better but they are going to have to do it on the fly. Just a guess so I could be way off.

tishangeltishangelabout 6 years ago
AWESOME

Wish the chapters were longer. Can't wait for the next installment!

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

One thing i forgot in the rush to get some sleep. 300 whisper? Going back a ways now aren't you partwolf? Don't you know all the millennial hipsters are 300 blackout now? It's the newer cooler name for a nearly identical idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Dire times

Boy, from the sounds of it, the entire Were World cannot withstand another war. Less than 50 Werecougars left and the all the Werewolves packs still in recovery. It sounds to me like all of werekind needs to band together for its own survival. Perhaps this will be a starter for more stories to come?

Partwolf has once again come through for us. Thank you and keep up the good work.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Well, future Wolfstocks will be a bit more diverse from now on. Wolves, panthers and now even cougars making an appearance.

Having a more communal relationship between all packs would help in troubled times. Cue the alpha council. It's the possible outright gun battles with Zeta forces that would be costly in lives. That's where clearing the Zeta owned personnel out of governmental positions becomes critical. Rose, Lisa, Josh, Carl and Enrique are going to be very busy and tired accomplishing that.

Getting all those affected agencies and governmental branches to see, admit to and work to fix things will be a large problem. As well as getting all of them to assist in any confrontations with the Zetas.

The reinforced barn/shed is likely where the captives are. The house is where the trouble will come from. They need to jam all communications out of that place so an alert doesn't escape. There could easily be 12 or more men in the house with unknown firepower. That's just averaging 4 per vehicle. Hopefully they didn't kick over a hornet's nest.

While Gunny did go hot his suppressed rifle may not have been immediately noticed unless witnessed. If the approaching wolves can avoid howling they may still pull off a surprise attack. and get away with the rescued in the available vehicles taken from in front of the house.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
PW, you are very good with tension and suspense. Stolen Birthright is almost more than I can handle.... I had to put it down several times, and have yet to read it a second time! I love the way you have woven your stories together so cohesively. Please

Papaduck1949@gmail.com.☺

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love your series

Great chapter, but I'm dying that it ended here!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

as I predicted last chapter he knew everything and he told the pack all of it. I say get the military involved. or at least the ones not involved with the cartel. oh and maybe a picture/video of somebody the pack tore to pieces to somebody. not sure who though

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
✔️✔️✔️

✔️✔️✔️ Tight,y written

Great twist to drugs from conservative back lash. Perhaps that will come later?

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

He did have a miraculous level of operational knowledge. Of course it is supposed to be his creation. But if they distrusted him enough to keep hostages he likely doesn't know everything.

I wonder if Charlie and Patricia established the mate link? It would be a new experience since he said mountain lions can't do that and he shouldn't be able to hide anything from her.

Not sure what purpose any picture/video of a torn up body would serve. (of which there hasn't been yet in this mission) You send it to the Zetas and they know you know about them. Then they alter the plan. According to Charlie they are on plan B. Who's to say there aren't plans C, D and so on. The implied threat of such bloody photos wouldn't likely faze them. At least not at first.

If you were just using a pic to prove your case by showing the president and the trustworthy administration officials a known Zeta member you would only need a face pic. No need for gory details.

Getting the military's help would require the president be on board with the idea. National Guard, Air National Guard, Coast Guard being the ones most likely used. This thing is definitely a "police" matter at the moment so a simple expansion of the "war on drugs" shouldn't be too difficult. But if open warfare starts between packs and Zetas across the border you have an international incident that could be declared an act of war and then the game changes entirely.

Best immediate hope would be a clean rescue with added intel gathered. Contacts made with the right people to remove all the Zeta controlled. Then unleash the cleaned agencies upon the Zetas.

The unknown presence of the Zetas in Tucson pack territory has to be trouble. Alpha Carlos says he didn't know. Let's say he didn't, which means at best he's careless in observation of his AO. I wonder if the beta that claimed he knew Charlie has been bought or leveraged? Knowledge of both Charlie's existence and influence should only be known by someone also in the Zeta's organization. That beta is dirty and this operation may go south in a very big way. Strange that no-one questioned how he knew all that about Charlie. Maybe they've already read his name in the list? Hopefully Josh, Carl and Enrique are listening into everything in or out of the area.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

I think when this is all done there will be Weres is federal positions. It will take Lisa, Rose and the alpha council to co-ordinate pack actions and convince the feds of the corruption within. Let's say everything works out, the Zeta threat is significantly minimized or removed entirely. Politicians, being politicians, will look for political gain so Lisa would be a perfect person. They will want her to continue as a White House council at the least. Such a position would also serve the Alpha Council being their representative in DC. She is now a Thurmont alpha, the closest pack to DC so double perfectly placed. I'm not sure she could decline the requests from both directions.

Rose also has the experience, credentials and recognition to also be a positive politically. An FBI deputy director position? Or maybe a specialized research unit? She, Gunny, Lars, Josh, Carl and potentially others that join her future pack would have the abilities to be a hell of an investigative team.

Even Charlie would be highly desirable. His actions and organization will have to be examined by the Alpha Council. They and the victimized packs will want all responsible to face pack justice so he will face a big trial. It will take people like Maria, ones he had helped, to plead his case showing he wasn't an evil mastermind. On the chance he is cleared or not executed for his role he becomes a prime candidate for the FBI and CIA. He has shown the ability to cultivate assets anywhere. He may be able to teach, advise or supervise the creation of such things for the alphabet agencies. It would be a way for him to continue supporting his family and new mate Patricia. They too could find a home in Thurmont with Lisa and Ross which would place him within easy commute to DC. He would also be another asset to the, above proposed, FBI investigative team Rose could lead. Who better to sniff out an organization's structure or find leaks? So perhaps he could find a home in Rose and Gunny's pack lands. A final idea, which could still go along with any of the above alternatives, is Charlie forms the first mountain lion pack. It may not be possible but by his own admission he has lead and supported his family through the war surviving despite extreme odds. With an alpha experienced mate in Patricia, he and the family become a pack and take in any of the remaining mountain lions who survived the war and wish to join.

Hopefully the next part is here soon and my new speculations can begin. :)

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Another excellent instalment but with all the power and influence the Zetas have it seems an impossible task.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2310 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 50-52 Previous Part
Rose Series Info