All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 58-63'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wait...

They killed five of the top ranking officials in the US government?! I thought in earlier chapters that the President was innocent but they couldn't speak to him because many of his staffers were compromised... so why kill him now? I'm a bit confused at the ending here.

FieroGT1988FieroGT1988about 6 years ago
A dud on purpose

The attempted hit on the President is a misdirect. It was a dud intentionally. Just my opinion. A pissed off President is much more effective in the fight than a dead one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
They weren’t taking out the president. They took out the high up people that were working with the zetas!

Just read it! Loved it!

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Looks like only 4 of 5 targets were successfully taken out. The Potus was just dragged off like the Secret Service does in any attack. If you don't remember when Reagan was shot look for the vid. They swarm on their charge and get them to safety. That's what they were doing. The Potus could have been shocked and just froze trying to get a hold of what just happened. Concussion, if one of the hit targets was close enough may have knocked Potus out. Shape charges don't go "thud" so something or someone knocked it down before it could reach the fifth target's head. Secret Service knock it out by hand? Did the last one accidentally run into the Potus? Enrique better hope nothing is traceable because i bet they have a complete drone to study.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
black ker

ok anybody who wants Charlie to die for his involvement really needs to ask black ker what she thinks about killing were forced to work for cartels after they had family members taken. as I recall the final decision at that time was not to kill those forced to work for the cartel reene took out.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

This is still before Mystery Mate so very few have ever met her. No-one in this story that has met her knows of her whereabouts. Unlike any decision made in previous stories it will be beyond a single pack or alpha pair to decide Charlie's fate. That tribunal will wait for another time.

Looks like the pack his having a Cat-astrophe. lol There should be many stories from all the new characters and how they survived the war, customs they observe, family friends etc.

Wonder what Gunny will think when he hears of Kelsey's request for his seed? How many other kitties will want a little of Rico's special sauce? Maybe they can start a Were sperm bank?

"Where Oh Were Can A Father Be"

"Kitts R Us"

"Gunny's Nut Telling"

"Cum Cum Again"

"Ya'll Cum Back Now"

"Cum-a Cum-a Cum-a Cum-a Cum-a To Give Me One"

All I got for now. lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NO !!!

NO, to Gunny fathering another woman's baby. When certain animals Mate, That MEANS THAT THEY MATE FOR LIFE, INCLUDING CAT SPECIES. NO EXCEPTIONS !!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

partwolf really needs to add this story to the timeline information cause I am having a hard time figuring out when exactly this story takes place. Rose came into the story near the end of Stolen Birthright. now the end of Stolen Birthright was at the same time as the ending to Mystery Mate since it talked about Black Ker's trial. So based on those 2 things this has to have been after the council decided not to blame the were who were forced to help that cartel. so again why not ask black ker about her opinion? unless I missed something

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon, actually it isn't after that time. Ella hears about the nationwide Kerr search and goes to the trial after hearing the island was cleared and ready for their return. In chapter 37-41, the island was almost done , Ella and Craig were going to get the kids back there asap and split the pack and have Rose and Gunny form a new pack. So I supposed Kerr's story could be underway at this time or about to be. She will be a draw for Were cats as well in addition to being a skilled ally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Mistake

I think it would be a mistake for Gunny to be a sperm donor. Unless it was decided to blend the contributions of two or more donors.

ChasingtheSkyChasingtheSkyabout 6 years ago

Looking forward to reading the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

can you please take a look at the last page of stolen birthright and see if you can figure out the time frame cause this is giving me a headache. it implies that rose had been turned plus the ordnance had been removed and then the events of My Mystery Mate happened. rose was turned in chapters 28-31 and the island was cleared in 37-41 of this story which would mean the killings started to happen during the stolen birthright series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sigh

sigh i'm not even sure what i'm even trying to say anymore. ok I know when rose was turned and the ordinance was cleared when compared to stolen birthright and this story, but I think i'm missing the information on the trial in this story to compare the timing of all 3 of the stories....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
My 2 cents worth

In my opinion, leaving one drone intact is pure genius! The president was never a true target, but a failed attempt where others were successful just sets the stage for a massive man hunt to begin. If you read through it again, you will see that all the components were purchased using agents under the cartels control and paid for from a cartel account. Also, if any fingerprints are found on the drones, they will be of the agent sent to activate them. Leaving these breadcrumbs for the government to follow will put them on the scent and will all point towards the cartel. Good job Partwolf!

I don’t think Gunny will be interested on being a sperm donor; he loves Rose and only Rose. He may feel bad for Kelsey, but knowing how jealous and protective Rose is would make this very hard for him. The question is, would he do it if Rose asked? We all know he would march into hell for her if she asked. Another question is can you get him to wear a condom to even attempt to catch it. We will just have to wait for the next installment to find out.

tjdhall2tjdhall2about 6 years ago
Rose

Mistake as well, I dont think its a wise idea to let Gunny donate sperm, too many connections that you do not want and if Rose was jelous from a freaking thank you rescue hug, what is she going to be like when Gunny has parental duties all hours of the day/year whenever??!!

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

Stolen Birthright predates the Were Wars stories, Mystery Mate, Gunny's Mate, and Rose in the timeline even though all three Were Wars and Mystery Mate were written before it. Think of it as a prequel. Their timelines do overlap to varying degrees as well

Stolen Birthright -

oct 2015 beginning date,

ch-36 Ella Meets Black Kerr

ch-37 aug 2016 School attack starts the war

ch-39 Ella watches the Johnson pack airstrike on TV

ch-42-43 Kerr sends text for contact lenses, Josh begins cyberwar, Renee texts for help

ch-47 Ella taken to black prison

ch-49 Ella released from prison due to Kerr and Al (two years had passed)

ch-51 Ella reunited with pack hiding with Alpha Rose Stillwater (probably just a name coincidence?) The "Shitter's Full" full attack happened (2017) while she was imprisoned. (2019? at this point)

ch-55 Ella learns of the island and the job Al and Kerr need her for

ch-57 Gunny trains Ella

ch-63 Linda Remington comes to the Island

ch-65-66 Ella Fakes death and two years later news hit that Kerr had struck again (approx. 2021) Two weeks later Gunny arrives on the island

ch-67 Ella sees Linda's report of of Capt. Gary Johnson's return, that he's Renee's mate, his death and the end of the war

ch-68 months later (2022?) Wolfstock 1 They watch the ceremonies and see Renee in the circle

ch-70 months later Panamanian military comes to clear the island. They would have to leave for a year. Renee's pack ended the Socorro cartel. Ella reunites with Renee and is given an old pack land to stay

ch-71 Ella, Al, Gunny and William Post got to see Lisa Giovanni White House Counsel and Rose Conspiell

ch-72 A week later Gunny arrives back at the pack with Rose and Charlotte. Rose and Charlotte meet Josh. Rose tells everyone that Trevor had been the one to set up Ella, Al and Kerr. Ella and the rest went home to the island a year later leaving Gunny, Rose and the Spencers. Rose having turned panther a few weeks after arrival and resigning from the FBI. The Black Kerr nationwide hunt occurred. Ella flew up for the trial and promised to see everyone at Wolfstock 3 the next summer.

(Between those two chapters is when "Gunny's Mate" happens and Mystery Mate occurs at the time of ch-72)

June 2021 Beginning of Behind The Lines of the Were War (5 years into the war)

Aug 2021 (BLWW ch-02) Renee (18 yo) shoots down Captain GaryJohnson (her mate), (Pedro 155) is destroyed killing Maitea's man

(BLWW ch-05) Linda Remington (gary's ex-gf) nationwide coverage of Gary's death and end of the war

ch18-19 Mystery Mate - Mates held by Torchellis are freed. They contact Alpha Nichols Thurmont pack to take Mandy Back and get him to deliver the rest to their packs. Kerr meets her father Beta Ron.

I think any decisions on punishments for the mates actions were up to individual alphas. I think most forgave but the few that were made rogue became a part of Kerr's Nightmare Pack.

Ugh, I'm burned out.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Something glitched so I'll try again.

Drone Anon,

You may be right but somehow Enrique has to end up both wanted and believed dead. That is the condition he was in during Renee's battles with the Socorro cartel, DEA and those bad alphas as well as when Mystery Mate started. His cover was blown and he had to leave to protect the pack. He went to Linda and Joe and got them to form the Nightmare pack.

partwolfpartwolfabout 6 years agoAuthor
Time context

This whole story falls within the time jump at the end of Stolen Birthright...

"Our time in New Mexico came to a close almost a year later; we left Gunny, Rose, and the Spencers there because they weren’t ready to leave the country quite yet. Rose had become a panther when they mated a few weeks after they arrived, and resigned from the FBI. Josh and Charlotte were very much in love, but we were making them wait until she was 18 before she could mate and change. She was debating panther vs. wolf as we left.

The island had been cleared of lost ordnance, and we started making plans for expansion. We were talking about returning the hotel to a tourist destination, while building a compound for the Pack on the north end. We still had to be careful about what we posted on social media and what we said, but there was a lot more internet access than we allowed before. We still kept posted on the happenings back home, occasionally face-timing with Renee and Robert, or Derek and Amanda.

We were shocked when the news came out about Black Ker assassinating a Luna, and the nationwide panther-hunt for her when she escaped capture."

It's all in that first paragraph between when they settle with the government after the war and when Charlotte turns 18. The Mystery Mate events haven't started yet. We are just getting to the point where they return to the island, leaving Rose and Gunny behind as Alphas of a new pack.

Thanks for the timeline, your notes are better than mine!

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

partwolf,

my notes gave me a headache i'm still recovering from. LOL I went to bed after speed reading for hours making those posts. I didn't go past the first part of the Were Wars not feeling much need too in order to give the Anon a feel for the timeline.

Woke with a question myself that may require some more digging. When Rose started and the task force was being formed, Enrique was brought in. His introduction was resisted and his past given as the reason. My thoughts on the problem were wrong I now believe. I stuck on his pardoned and believed dead status which doesn't mesh through the stories. Knowing Mystery Mate was after this and his status in that story his apparent all clear status now didn't work. The problem as i see it this morning is he shouldn't have been known by anyone as he was still just a human government employee. Still could have been brought into the story just not in the way he was.

At this point in the timeline, these stories all seem to have a gear trying to mesh with all the other stories. Stolen Birthright ran it's course ending with Rose's arrival and turn, returning to the island and going to the trial. It didn't mention the cartel problems Renee experiences or all of this story even though it appears everything happens during that time. One of the problems with meshing stories afterward i suppose.

Charlie Stillwater's back story ties in with Renee's Socorro war as well as Ella's hit on the leader in Stolen Birthright. Ella got the father, Renee got the son, done and done. Charlie was a character in the shadows it appears at that time. I wonder if he knew the wolves working for the Socooro? Anyway, the Socorro fight is past history now. Umm, Houston we may have a problem. I will be looking for the details today but as i remember, Enrique contacts Linda Remington in order to give aid in their fight with the Socorro Cartel. He was still employed by the government and human. During the story, knowledge of what he was doing becomes known to the gov. and he is believed killed in the attempt on his life. His covert existence is maintained until Mystery Mate.

All the cartel action is crammed together now. Renee defeats the Socorro, the Pacific and Gulf cartels swoop in to take over the areas. Pacific even helps Renee in a later fight against other wolves. (I guess that fight should be happening now?) Apparently now the Zetas sprung into things carving a bunch of the old Socorro operation for themselves. Now we have the proxy war being instigated by Lisa and Enrique. Wow, timelines are tight and a bit jumbled. If he would have been left out of the investigation, considering he wasn't really used anyway, it would fix the big problem with his existence and status in this story up until this point.

A clean Enrique history would be,

Introduction giving Linda info to pass on.

His lifelong drive being discovered by the gov

Attempt on his life which was saved by his mate turning him.

'Dead' status being maintained through the Socorro destruction and fights with the Alpha trying to kill Renee as well as the DEA turn. I don't think it was ever said who was pulling her strings after the Socorro were put down. You sort of believe the Pacific could be behind it but then they show to help in the other fight. Probably just a brownie points attempt. Looks like now it was the Zetas doing the string pulling?

Another thing, Lisa was leveraged by William Post at the end of all that to get pardons for everyone (except Enrique because of his dead status) and get all that stolen Socorro fortune declared legal and tax exempt in compensation for keeping quiet about the DEA corruption. That brief meeting was Lisa's introduction to the timeline which is also goofed now. William, Ella, Al and Gunny sneak into her house for another private leverage session to clear Ella from the government search for Black Kerr near the end of Stolen Birthright. Lisa is brought into this story when Rose, her former coworker in the white house and also introduced in Stolen discovers the serial killing of Weres across the country.

Dammit, I'm getting dizzy. It's like trying to unwind a ball of twine made from scrap threads instead of a continuous string. AAAAAAaaaaaaa lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oddball

now I think you understand why trying to figure all this stuff out was giving me a headache

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

Anon,

lol share the pain eh? A lot of activity is concentrated into a short amount of time. Pinpointing exact moments at exact times is tough.

Beyond the Were War ch-07 Joe finds Daria

Between the Were Wars

ch-01 DEA agent Kim Corrigan becomes controlled by a new group,

Joe sees Daria killed

ch-02 NSA & FBI investigate Enrique's apartment

Richard Hunter, former Beta of Stanley Diggs who died at Wolfstock 1 is identified after capture following Daria's murder. He and five others joined the Tahoe pack of Marcus Diggs.

FBI arrives with arrest and search warrants

ch-03 Agent Melody Olsen forced turn

Alpha Robert, Linda, Andy, Anna, Caleb and Maria arrested

Doctor Julia finds her mate, Richard Hunter who switches packs

(They help Joe and Kerr escape in ch-03 of Mystery Mate)

ch-04 Caleb forced to submit to Marcus Diggs to protect Maria

ch-05 Melody turns and finds mate William Post

ch-06 William Post meets Lisa Giovanni in the white house

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sigh

what I meant by that last remark was trying to figure out the links and what stories connect at which point is enough to make my head hurt after a while.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

No problem, I was amused. Sometimes the hunt for answers becomes quite a craving. I'm still going back through things. Looking for the characters and events that tie the stories together.

Behind the Lines of the Were War.

ch-08 Renee first meets Capt William Post JAG (William's introduction)

ch-10 Capt William Post reads Renee's will to Alpha Diggs at the Wolfstock alpha challenge

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

this stuff is gold I have been up all night binging this story my wife told me to come to bed 6 hrs later.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

5 drones and 4 deaths and a thud,,is that the President?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 53-57 Previous Part
Rose Series Info